Poll

What is your opinion on the United States' gun laws at present?

They are far too restrictive.
8 (44.4%)
They are a little restrictive.
1 (5.6%)
They are fine as it is.
2 (11.1%)
They are a little relaxed.
1 (5.6%)
They are far too relaxed.
5 (27.8%)
None of the above (please specify)
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Gun Violence in the United States

• 407 Replies
Re: Gun Violence in the United States
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2015, 07:33:43 PM »
Ahem.

It might surprise you to know that for much of Japan's written history, civilian conscripts have played a very large role in their ability to wage war.  In fact, after WWII, Japan was forbidden from having a proper military due to the terms of surrender.  However, they were eventually allowed to have a civilian militia in order to protect the peace and for self defense purposes.  This carries on even to today.  Japan does not have an army, navy or air force.  Instead, they have the Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force, the Maritime Self-Defense Force, and the Air Self-Defense Force.  So, I am not sure where you are getting your information, but it seems that your sources are wrong.
So you hold that a militia is indeed necessary to the security of any state?
Militia, as I'm sure you are aware, is any fighting force made up of non-professional fighters.
So the founding fathers were of the opinion that the involvement of non-professional soldiers in defence is necessary to the security of a state.
In the case of Japan, their Self-Defence Force is not a militia.
In becoming a member of their armed forces, that becomes your job.
Ergo, you are now a professional.
Ergo, you are not in a militia.

Make no mistake, a militia system can aid in national security, but it is by no means necessary.
And if a militia is not necessary, then the Founding Fathers were wrong.
And if they were wrong on this count, then it seems imprudent to assume wisdom when citing their other point.

Well, then, it might surprise you to learn that the Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force does, in fact, have reserve components.  These reservists train for 5 to 30 days per year and perform their regular careers while not training.  Sounds like your definition of a militia to me.  Are you ready to admit defeat, or are you going to continue to drag this on?

If they're part of a government-run military force, then they're part of the military, not a militia. People can have multiple jobs along with an army job, and it's even more common in Japan because they almost never have a need to use their military. That's beside the point though, we aren't arguing about what a militia is, but rather if they're necessary to the "security of a free state", which they aren't.

Scrotum Gagger specifically argued that militias are not necessary and specifically pointed to Japan as an example.  He also specifically defined a militia.  I then showed him that Japan does, in fact, have a militia according to his own definition.  Please, keep up with the conversation.  I know you are trying to help your liberal buddy with his losing argument, but you are only making the both of you look dumber.
Well, because this argument is about necessity, then I think it's fair to say that the presence of a militia is irrelevant.
Reservists rarely ever participate in active military operations, meaning that the contribution of militias to state defence is limited at best, non-existent at worst, and certainly not necessary.
Now you really are talking rubbish. Scrotum the Sock puppet . I have a gun licence & own numerous different types of fire arms  & I'm not a member of any  shooters club . I cant tell you the organisation I'm enlisted in, other then saying if the shit ever totally hit  the fan in this country.  We get the nod .
Put it this way ,our specialty is not political or religious & hell would be classed as a first class pleasurable picnic . To what would ride in on the pale horse once  the nod was given. To those who would want to harm this country & its country men & women.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:44:22 AM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #271 on: December 02, 2015, 11:56:55 PM »
Is the death of a child only wrong when murder is involved?  I know you guys are out of ammo, but please try to at least make reasonable arguments.
I'm only saying that it does not pertain to the argument at hand. A death can only be blamed on a person should that person have malicious intent. (Or just complete ineptitude, but that isn't ever the case in shootings).

The same applies to firearms.  The difference is that you liberals like to blame the  firearms and not the people.  Do you not see the double standard here? 

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #272 on: December 03, 2015, 01:45:17 AM »
Ahem.

It might surprise you to know that for much of Japan's written history, civilian conscripts have played a very large role in their ability to wage war.  In fact, after WWII, Japan was forbidden from having a proper military due to the terms of surrender.  However, they were eventually allowed to have a civilian militia in order to protect the peace and for self defense purposes.  This carries on even to today.  Japan does not have an army, navy or air force.  Instead, they have the Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force, the Maritime Self-Defense Force, and the Air Self-Defense Force.  So, I am not sure where you are getting your information, but it seems that your sources are wrong.
Militia, as I'm sure you are aware, is any fighting force made up of non-professional fighters.
So the founding fathers were of the opinion that the involvement of non-professional soldiers in defence is necessary to the security of a state.

Make no mistake, a militia system can aid in national security, but it is by no means necessary.
And if they were wrong on this count, then it seems imprudent to assume wisdom when citing their other point.

Well, then, it might surprise you to learn that the Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force does, in fact, have reserve components.  These reservists train for 5 to 30 days per year and perform their regular careers while not training.  Sounds like your definition of a militia to me.  Are you ready to admit defeat, or are you going to continue to drag this on?

If they're part of a government-run military force, then they're part of the military, not a militia. People can have multiple jobs along with an army job, and it's even more common in Japan because they almost never have a need to use their military. That's beside the point though, we aren't arguing about what a militia is, but rather if they're necessary to the "security of a free state", which they aren't.

Scrotum Gagger specifically argued that militias are not necessary and specifically pointed to Japan as an example.  He also specifically defined a militia.  I then showed him that Japan does, in fact, have a militia according to his own definition.  Please, keep up with the conversation.  I know you are trying to help your liberal buddy with his losing argument, but you are only making the both of you look dumber.
Well, because this argument is about necessity, then I think it's fair to say that the presence of a militia is irrelevant.
Reservists rarely ever participate in active military operations, meaning that the contribution of militias to state defence is limited at best, non-existent at worst, and certainly not necessary.

I fail to see how you have established a lack of necessity.  Militias have always been around, and continue to exist virtually everywhere even today.  The fact that they still exist speaks for their necessity.  But, let us examine your perception of reservists.  I can assure you that reservists have participated in every major US conflict that I can think of.  You are absolutely wrong in your statement that they rarely participate in military operations.  I was in the USMC reserves, and I know which recent military operations my old unit participated in.  It sounds to me that you started with Petitio Principii, moved to Dicto Simpliciter when you got called out, and are now trying to back out using Non Sequitur arguments.  How many more fallacies are you and your cohorts going to try to pass off as valid debate tactics?
Existence doesn't imply/infer/prove necessity by a long shot.
It may prove potential usage, but necessity is a very specific term.
In this sense, x being necessary to the security of a state means that without x, a state isn't secure.
Ergo, if x is not present, then a state isn't secure.
So, Mr. Roach, allow me to present a list of countries without both reserve military forces, or paramilitary forces.
i.e. all countries without civilian involvement in state defence.
By your logic, all these countries shouldn't be secure.

Bahamas
Bosnia
Cape Verde
Ethiopia
Gambia
Ghana
Kosovo
Mozambique
Papua New Guinea
Qatar
Sierra Leone
Slovakia
South Sudan
Suriname
Timor
Turkmenistan
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates

A lot of these countries are doing pretty bad, true.
But if the founding fathers were correct, then all of these countries shouldn't be secure.

And yes, reservists have participated in military conflicts. I concede that.
But it is a far cry to say that participation equals necessity.
If all reserve forces were taken out of the equation, and the only military available was professional soldiers, are you saying that the nation would fall?
Bear in mind that if the Founding Fathers were correct, this rule needs to apply to all free states, past and present.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Frank Lee

• Truth has no agenda. Science does.
« Reply #273 on: December 03, 2015, 01:59:20 AM »

Bear in mind that if the Founding Fathers were correct, this rule needs to apply to all free states, past and present.

NO! The constitution is limitations on Federal power, to insure the continuation of our "Constitutional republic"
It is not some damn globalist document.
The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #274 on: December 03, 2015, 02:10:18 AM »

NO! The constitution is limitations on Federal power, to insure the continuation of our "Constitutional republic"
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state..."
That's what my quote was about.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #275 on: December 03, 2015, 03:55:56 AM »
Ahem.

I fail to see how you have established a lack of necessity.  Militias have always been around, and continue to exist virtually everywhere even today.  The fact that they still exist speaks for their necessity.  But, let us examine your perception of reservists.  I can assure you that reservists have participated in every major US conflict that I can think of.  You are absolutely wrong in your statement that they rarely participate in military operations.  I was in the USMC reserves, and I know which recent military operations my old unit participated in.  It sounds to me that you started with Petitio Principii, moved to Dicto Simpliciter when you got called out, and are now trying to back out using Non Sequitur arguments.  How many more fallacies are you and your cohorts going to try to pass off as valid debate tactics?
In this sense, x being necessary to the security of a state means that without x, a state isn't secure.
So, Mr. Roach, allow me to present a list of countries without both reserve military forces, or paramilitary forces.

Bahamas
Bosnia
Cape Verde
Ethiopia
Gambia
Ghana
Kosovo
Mozambique
Papua New Guinea
Qatar
Sierra Leone
Slovakia
South Sudan
Suriname
Timor
Turkmenistan
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates

But if the founding fathers were correct, then all of these countries shouldn't be secure.

If all reserve forces were taken out of the equation, and the only military available was professional soldiers, are you saying that the nation would fall?

You continue to use a Dicto Simpliciter argument, and it is not helping you at all.  Just because something is true (or claimed to be true) in one case, that does not mean it is true in all cases.  You can continue with this line of debate all you want to, but that does not make it logically true.  Of course, you will repeat this over and over in an attempt at Argumentum ad Nauseam, but repeating something over and over does not make it logically true.  Sorry that you have failed so hard, but maybe next time you will do better in a debate. 

Frank Lee

• Truth has no agenda. Science does.
« Reply #276 on: December 03, 2015, 04:17:22 AM »

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state..."
That's what my quote was about.

And I said the Federal government may not usurp the authority of the free state. Thus maintaining the security of a free state.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state"
You are talking about countries. I answered your falsity.  Or are you saying a state is all the countries in the world?
Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #277 on: December 03, 2015, 05:02:17 AM »
Ahem.

Bahamas
Bosnia
Cape Verde
Ethiopia
Gambia
Ghana
Kosovo
Mozambique
Papua New Guinea
Qatar
Sierra Leone
Slovakia
South Sudan
Suriname
Timor
Turkmenistan
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates

You continue to use a Dicto Simpliciter argument, and it is not helping you at all.  Just because something is true (or claimed to be true) in one case, that does not mean it is true in all cases.  You can continue with this line of debate all you want to, but that does not make it logically true.  Of course, you will repeat this over and over in an attempt at Argumentum ad Nauseam, but repeating something over and over does not make it logically true.  Sorry that you have failed so hard, but maybe next time you will do better in a debate.
Well, technically, the Founding Fathers used Dicto Simpliciter when they wrote the 2nd Amend. then.
Just because a militia might have been construed as essential to the security of their free state at that time, they wrote that a militia is "necessary for the security of a free state".
Now, unless they didn't mean this, in which case nothing they wrote should be taken seriously, they think that without a militia, a free state cannot be secure.
This is the argument on which they predicate the "right to bear and keep arms shall not be infringed".
If the basis of the entire amendment is flawed, then it follows that the whole amendment is flawed in some way.
And if the amendment is flawed in some way, then it can and should be changed.

Need I also add that the burden of proof lies on the 2nd Amend. , and those who support it, to prove the necessity of a militia in the security of a state.
I shouldn't have to, logically, show that a militia is unnecessary, as you haven't shown that it is.
The Founding Fathers stated that it was, but that's not really good enough.
So, I'll need you to show that the militia is an obligatory component of national security in all free states, without which the state is not secure.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #278 on: December 03, 2015, 06:04:11 AM »
I was not going to mention this, but since you insist on bringing up the term Free State, most of the countries that you listed as not having a reserve component to their military are in fact a form of dictatorship government.  Why would you equate a free state to a dictatorship?  A dictatorship fears armed civilians.  A free state does not. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
« Reply #279 on: December 03, 2015, 07:43:53 AM »
Ahem.

Now you really are talking rubbish. Scrotum the Sock puppet . I have a gun licence & own numerous different types of fire arms  & I'm not a member of any  shooters club . I cant tell you the organisation I'm enlisted in, other then saying if the shit ever totally hit  the fan in this country.  We get the nod .
Put it this way ,our specialty is not political or religious & hell would be classed as a first class pleasurable picnic . To what would ride in on the pale horse once  the nod was given. To those who would want to harm this country & its country men & women.

Looks like we have a genuine anarchist shill. You do know you can be do life in prison without parole for trying to overthrow the government?
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #280 on: December 03, 2015, 11:18:43 AM »
Ahem.

Looks like we have a genuine anarchist shill. You do know you can be do life in prison without parole for trying to overthrow the government?

As much as it irks you liberals, freedom of speech is also protected under the constitution.  Not that constitutional rights mean much to your people anyway. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #281 on: December 03, 2015, 11:31:52 AM »
Ahem.

As much as it irks you liberals, freedom of speech is also protected under the constitution.  Not that constitutional rights mean much to your people anyway.

I'm not saying that he can't say stuff like that. I'm simply saying that he can get thrown in jail for life for doing any of the following things:

1. Plotting to overthrow the government.
2. Threatening to overthrow the government.
3. Trying to overthrow the government.

He wouldn't get arrested for doing the following:

1. Saying he'd like the government to be overthrown. (Although this may warrant a federal investigation of you in some cases).
2. Wishing the government would be overthrown.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #282 on: December 03, 2015, 11:47:48 AM »
I find it intriguing how you Thought Police Liberals can manipulate words to say what ever is on your agenda.  You should feel ashamed. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #283 on: December 03, 2015, 11:52:56 AM »
I find it intriguing how you Thought Police Liberals can manipulate words to say what ever is on your agenda.  You should feel ashamed.

What the hell is wrong with you? I'm not the "thought police". I don't give a shit what other people think. Did you not even bother to read my above post at all?

I'm really starting to think that you're one of those stupid paranoid conservative freaks, raoj.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2015, 11:59:24 AM »
So, when you have been defeated in a debate, you, like the rest of your liberal kind, simply resort to ad hominem attacks.  This seems to be becoming a theme amongst your people around here. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2015, 12:01:34 PM »
So, when you have been defeated in a debate, you, like the rest of your liberal kind, simply resort to ad hominem attacks.  This seems to be becoming a theme amongst your people around here.

[snip] you Thought Police Liberals can manipulate words to say what ever is on your agenda.  You should feel ashamed.

You're one to be talking about "attacks".

« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2015, 02:38:18 PM »
Ahem.

Well you & your Agenda21 friends better get your toothbushes ready then , because thats what use have been doing ,overthrowing lawfully constatuted Governments since 1992 by deception & implamenting unlawful treaties & legislations to further your monopolistic commercial interests.
The 1914 crimes act in this country is very clear on what constatutes treachery & treason.  The crimes act is very clear on what constatutes obtaining property by deception.  Its also clear what constitutes servatude & slavery.  A non binding treaty being implamented by stealth & deception is a criminal offense.  SS 109 of the UCC consolidates that truthfull fact. Theres no over throwing any lawfuly government on my part only a want of the law to be upheld like any law-abiding citizen should.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2015, 03:02:43 PM »
Ahem.

Well you & your Agenda21 friends better get your toothbushes ready then , because thats what use have been doing ,overthrowing lawfully constatuted Governments since 1992 by deception & implamenting unlawful treaties & legislations to further your monopolistic commercial interests.
The 1914 crimes act in this country is very clear on what constatutes treachery & treason.  The crimes act is very clear on what constatutes obtaining property by deception.  Its also clear what constitutes servatude & slavery.  A non binding treaty being implamented by stealth & deception is a criminal offense.  SS 109 of the UCC consolidates that truthfull fact. Theres no over throwing any lawfuly government on my part only a want of the law to be upheld like any law-abiding citizen should.

Okay. I'm sick and tired of you spouting your bullshit, so let me just rip your stupid statement apart.

First off, I don't know why you keep using the term "Agenda 21" in relation to any of the good causes I'm trying to promote here. It isn't even remotely related to controlling the government. Agenda 21 was an agenda created to help promote sustainable development. Just so you don't start going on some rant about sustainable development and calling it a "government takeover", this is what it is: sustainable development is the continued development of man-made things, like buildings, without hurting the environment as well. In short, Agenda 21 is in no way way related to the takeover of governments. There. Nuke one has been dropped.

Alright, next, the Crimes Act of 1914, or to you "1914 crimes act" is in no way related to the U.S in any way. In fact - it was enacted in Australia and is a part of Australian law. Since, obviously, Australian law doesn't effect U.S law in any way, it again, has not one effect on the U.S. Nuke two has been dropped.

Finally, I looked online, and there's not one thing about this "SS 109 of the UCC". The only thing I get back when I look up is the "United Church of Christ", which most certainly don't make the laws and regulations. The final nuke has been dropped.

There you go Chrales. I have destroyed you, and shown to this forum that you don't know shit about what you're talking about.

You had best leave before you make yourself look like even more of a complete fool.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2015, 03:43:06 PM »
I like to point out that the colonist rebelled against a established government. That's not to say that I'm calling for a revolution in fact that should be the very last resort.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2015, 04:29:11 PM »
Ahem.

Okay. I'm sick and tired of you spouting your bullshit, so let me just rip your stupid statement apart.

First off, I don't know why you keep using the term "Agenda 21" in relation to any of the good causes I'm trying to promote here. It isn't even remotely related to controlling the government. Agenda 21 was an agenda created to help promote sustainable development. Just so you don't start going on some rant about sustainable development and calling it a "government takeover", this is what it is: sustainable development is the continued development of man-made things, like buildings, without hurting the environment as well. In short, Agenda 21 is in no way way related to the takeover of governments. There. Nuke one has been dropped.

Alright, next, the Crimes Act of 1914, or to you "1914 crimes act" is in no way related to the U.S in any way. In fact - it was enacted in Australia and is a part of Australian law. Since, obviously, Australian law doesn't effect U.S law in any way, it again, has not one effect on the U.S. Nuke two has been dropped.

Finally, I looked online, and there's not one thing about this "SS 109 of the UCC". The only thing I get back when I look up is the "United Church of Christ", which most certainly don't make the laws and regulations. The final nuke has been dropped.

There you go Chrales. I have destroyed you, and shown to this forum that you don't know shit about what you're talking about.

You had best leave before you make yourself look like even more of a complete fool.
Universal commercial code ss109 lookup shit talker. A non binding treaty , means there is no Commercial Security Agreement. Which means obtaining property by deception & fraud. Control of property has the same lawfully & legal meaning as propriety ownership. Entering in to a non binding treaty & implamenting it with (no commercial secutity agreement) Is unlawfully & an illegal  breach of both the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution & the USA constitution.
It is treachery & treason to the citizens recognized under those consititutions.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:38:49 PM by charles bloomington »

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2015, 04:36:53 PM »
I think it's about time someone delete some of the quoted posts. It's beginning to be a mile long.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2015, 04:38:01 PM »
Ahem.

Universal commercial code ss109 lookup shit talker. A non binding treaty , means there is no Commercial Security Agreement. Which means obtaining property by deception & fraud. Control of property has the same lawfully & legal meaning as propriety ownership. Entering in to a non binding treaty (no commercial secutity agreement) It is an unlawfully & an illegal  breach of both the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution & the USA constitution.

Bud, I've already burned you to the ground once. I've looked up this "Universal Commerce Code SS109" and I didn't find one damn thing. At this point, if you can't be bothered to provide a credible source, then you're just spewing incoherent strings of words.

« Reply #292 on: December 03, 2015, 04:42:03 PM »
https://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/5/5-109
Universal commercial code ss109 lookup shit talker. A non binding treaty , means there is no Commercial Security Agreement. Which means obtaining property by deception & fraud. Control of property has the same lawfully & legal meaning as propriety ownership. Entering in to a non binding treaty & implamenting it with (no commercial secutity agreement) Is unlawfully & an illegal  breach of both the Commonwealth of Australia Constitution & the USA constitution.
It is treachery & treason to the citizens recognized under those consititutions.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:51:02 PM by charles bloomington »

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #293 on: December 03, 2015, 04:47:14 PM »

I'm sorry, I just laughed so hard right there. This law isn't saying that people can just take you're property at their own will, in fact, it's not even doing something remotely related to that. This deals with "Fraud and Forgery". Maybe you'd have known that if you bothered to even look at it once. Cahrles, everything you say at this point only increases your visible level of retardation.

« Reply #294 on: December 03, 2015, 04:59:06 PM »

I'm sorry, I just laughed so hard right there. This law isn't saying that people can just take you're property at their own will, in fact, it's not even doing something remotely related to that. This deals with "Fraud and Forgery". Maybe you'd have known that if you bothered to even look at it once. Cahrles, everything you say at this point only increases your visible level of retardation.
materially fraudulent

« Reply #295 on: December 03, 2015, 05:02:31 PM »
You will be able to provide the commercial secutity agreement in your afadavit , wont you ? For the property your Agenda21 has taken under its control. Remebering control has the same lawfully & legal meaning as propriety ownership.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 05:06:46 PM by charles bloomington »

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #296 on: December 03, 2015, 05:06:50 PM »

materially fraudulent

Your point shithead? All that "materially fraudulent" means is "copied".

« Reply #297 on: December 03, 2015, 09:14:00 PM »

materially fraudulent

Your point shithead? All that "materially fraudulent" means is "copied".
I hope thats not going to be your rebuttal , when your served with a COMMERCIAL AFFIDAVIT. Oh dear
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:15:38 PM by charles bloomington »

« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2015, 09:27:32 PM »
Like I said , you will be able to produce that commercial secutity agreement wont you ?. For that non binding agenda21 treaty you community communists have been  implamenting since 1992. I hope you relies piracy is a crime with hash penalties .
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:29:52 PM by charles bloomington »

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #299 on: December 04, 2015, 01:17:12 AM »
I was not going to mention this, but since you insist on bringing up the term Free State, most of the countries that you listed as not having a reserve component to their military are in fact a form of dictatorship government.  Why would you equate a free state to a dictatorship?  A dictatorship fears armed civilians.  A free state does not.
Fair enough.
Most of these countries don't have what most would call democracy.
Most is not all, however, and even if one free state which lacks a reserve or paramilitary component of their military still has state security, then the Founding Fathers are wrong.
Again, though, burden of proof says that the Founding Fathers, and by proxy you, must show how the existence of reservists is necessary to national security.
Necessary.
Not useful, not helpful, not established, but necessary.