Poll

What is your opinion on the United States' gun laws at present?

They are far too restrictive.
8 (44.4%)
They are a little restrictive.
1 (5.6%)
They are fine as it is.
2 (11.1%)
They are a little relaxed.
1 (5.6%)
They are far too relaxed.
5 (27.8%)
None of the above (please specify)
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Gun Violence in the United States

• 407 Replies

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
Re: Gun Violence in the United States
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2015, 02:22:38 PM »
I cite the Constitution of the United States of America.

Not good enough. You weren't there when they wrote it. You can't read the minds of dead people. Just because it's written that way, it doesn't mean that it was intended to be conveyed that way. Try again.

The Constitution is not good enough for you?  It is the supreme law of the land.  It even says so in the Constitution.  Why do you liberals constantly feel the need to change its meaning?

See Scroto Gaggins' reply. It sums up pretty well how wrong you are.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2015, 02:23:59 PM »

Not good enough. You weren't there when they wrote it. You can't read the minds of dead people. Just because it's written that way, it doesn't mean that it was intended to be conveyed that way. Try again.

The Constitution is not good enough for you?  It is the supreme law of the land.  It even says so in the Constitution.  Why do you liberals constantly feel the need to change its meaning?
What he is saying is that you can't claim that you know the rationale behind the constitution, as you weren't present.
The constitution is the supreme law of the land, but it can be changed.

EDIT: Thanks TheEarthIsRound. Means a lot
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2015, 02:26:13 PM »

What he is saying is that you can't claim that you know the rationale behind the constitution, as you weren't present.

No problem.  :)
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2015, 02:28:10 PM »
Funny enough that you mention that the government should follow the constitution. You anti-gun control freaks seem to have missed the "well-regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment, which implies gun control:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"Well regulated" applies to Militias in that sentence, not the ownership of firearms.  Basically, it is saying that citizens should be allowed to own and master firearms so that if they are ever needed to be part of a Militia, they will already be armed and trained in the use of firearms.  How could you possibly misinterpret that to mean that the firearms should be regulated?  This is the worst argument I have ever heard.
Militia means armed citizenry.
The second amendment says that the armed citizenry should be well-regulated.
Now, seeing as regulations of some form are sanctioned by the second amendment, why are anti-gun control people always so against regulations of any kind?
Also, the amendment is wrong.
A militia, well-regulated or otherwise, is not necessary to the security of any state, free or otherwise.

Well Regulated means properly trained, equipped, and organized when referring to a Militia.  I know you anti firearm people like to move words that are at the beginning of a sentence to make it reference something at the end of the sentence, but the fact is the words Well Regulated were referring to the word that immediately following them, which is Militia, and the fact is that well regulated means that a Militia would be compatible and comparable with regular troops as far as the equipment that they have and their ability to fight.  Have you ever even studied the American Revolution? 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2015, 02:30:06 PM »
Funny enough that you mention that the government should follow the constitution. You anti-gun control freaks seem to have missed the "well-regulated" part of the 2nd Amendment, which implies gun control:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"Well regulated" applies to Militias in that sentence, not the ownership of firearms.  Basically, it is saying that citizens should be allowed to own and master firearms so that if they are ever needed to be part of a Militia, they will already be armed and trained in the use of firearms.  How could you possibly misinterpret that to mean that the firearms should be regulated?  This is the worst argument I have ever heard.
Now, seeing as regulations of some form are sanctioned by the second amendment, why are anti-gun control people always so against regulations of any kind?
A militia, well-regulated or otherwise, is not necessary to the security of any state, free or otherwise.

Well Regulated means properly trained, equipped, and organized when referring to a Militia.  I know you anti firearm people like to move words that are at the beginning of a sentence to make it reference something at the end of the sentence, but the fact is the words Well Regulated were referring to the word that immediately following them, which is Militia, and the fact is that well regulated means that a Militia would be compatible and comparable with regular troops as far as the equipment that they have and their ability to fight.  Have you ever even studied the American Revolution?

No. Well-regulated means the same thing when referring to anything:

regulated - control or supervise something by means of rules and regulations.

You literally could've just searched "define regulated" online and found this.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2015, 02:31:48 PM »

While accents and languages change over time, the sentence clearly says that the Militias should be well regulated, not the firearms.  In fact, it clearly says the citizens will be allowed to own firearms.  You can't spin this in your favor.  It clearly says those things. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2015, 02:34:30 PM »

While accents and languages change over time, the sentence clearly says that the Militias should be well regulated, not the firearms.  In fact, it clearly says the citizens will be allowed to own firearms.  You can't spin this in your favor.  It clearly says those things.

Militia - Armed citizenry.

In order to the militias, we need to regulate the guns.

« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2015, 02:35:40 PM »

Securties are the deeds to land held in trust by the state who registered the deed of possession & owership right.
Must of been  a  sale on socks & buttons over at agenda headquarters.  >:(
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »

Securties are the deeds to land held in trust by the state who registered the deed of possession & owership right.
Must of been  a  sale on socks & buttons over at agenda headquarters.  >:(

I don't even know what you're trying to say here. Go out and take a basic high school English class and learn how to spell and form grammatically correct sentences before you come back.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2015, 02:40:33 PM »

You really seem like an idiot right now.  During the American Revolution, the term Regulars was applied to the official military troops on both sides.  Militias were more haphazardly assembled.  After the war, when the Constitution and Bill of Rights were written, the people who wrote it knew the term Regular to mean a soldier, so allowing a group to be Regulated meant that it was allowed to be like the Regular army.  This is not rocket science, folks.  You can twist words and meanings around all you want, but you can't change the fact that it says, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."  Your only defense on this is what the term 'regulated' means and to what it applies.  Seems like you are really digging at the bottom of the barrel here. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2015, 02:46:31 PM »

You really seem like an idiot right now.  During the American Revolution, the term Regulars was applied to the official military troops on both sides.  Militias were more haphazardly assembled.  After the war, when the Constitution and Bill of Rights were written, the people who wrote it knew the term Regular to mean a soldier, so allowing a group to be Regulated meant that it was allowed to be like the Regular army.  This is not rocket science, folks.  You can twist words and meanings around all you want, but you can't change the fact that it says, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."  Your only defense on this is what the term 'regulated' means and to what it applies.  Seems like you are really digging at the bottom of the barrel here.

Regular != Regulated buddy.

Again, regulated means the same when referring to any object. Be it guns, or laptops. I'm not the one "twisting meanings" here, you're the one doing that because you know that you're wrong, and you're spewing strings of words to try and "back it up". It's also worth mentioning that amendments can be added, changed, or removed, so for all I care, we can just change the 2nd Amendment to include gun control.

Thanks for making me laugh when you called me an idiot. Made my day knowing that some people aren't capable of writing sentences that refer to themselves.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2015, 02:52:56 PM »

Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't think that any gun-control advocate wants guns to banned entirely.
We just want there to be regulations, as advocated by the second amendment.
If these regulations are on the type of gun, then fine.
If these regulations are on who is allowed to have guns, then fine.
If these regulations are on where guns can be carried, then fine.

And, if you are the student of history that you appear to be, then you should know what 'arms' constituted back in the 1700's.
Muskets, which have a fire rate of approximately 3 shots per minute with the accuracy of a drunken piss.
Maybe if the founding fathers had known of automatic weapons and school shootings then they wouldn't have added that amendment.

Also, you haven't addressed my other major point.
If the Second Amendment is so clearly wrong when it talks about the security of a state, then we can see that the constitution is not infallible.
Maybe at the time, and in the circumstance; a well-regulated militia was necessary to the security of that particular free state; but demonstrably, armed citizenry is not necessary to the security of a state.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »

Well, to be perfectly honest, I don't think that any gun-control advocate wants guns to banned entirely.
We just want there to be regulations, as advocated by the second amendment.
If these regulations are on the type of gun, then fine.
If these regulations are on who is allowed to have guns, then fine.
If these regulations are on where guns can be carried, then fine.

And, if you are the student of history that you appear to be, then you should know what 'arms' constituted back in the 1700's.
Muskets, which have a fire rate of approximately 3 shots per minute with the accuracy of a drunken piss.
Maybe if the founding fathers had known of automatic weapons and school shootings then they wouldn't have added that amendment.

Also, you haven't addressed my other major point.
If the Second Amendment is so clearly wrong when it talks about the security of a state, then we can see that the constitution is not infallible.
Maybe at the time, and in the circumstance; a well-regulated militia was necessary to the security of that particular free state; but demonstrably, armed citizenry is not necessary to the security of a state.

Thank you.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2015, 02:59:56 PM »
reg·u·late  (rĕg′yə-lāt′)
tr.v. reg·u·lat·ed, reg·u·lat·ing, reg·u·lates
1. To control or direct according to rule, principle, or law.
2. To adjust to a particular specification or requirement: regulate temperature.
3. To adjust (a mechanism) for accurate and proper functioning.
4. To put or maintain in order: regulate one's eating habits.

You focus on definition 1. while ignoring the other three meanings and assume that people centuries ago would agree with you.  You liberals have no morals.  How do you sleep at night? 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2015, 03:04:06 PM »
2. To adjust to a particular specification or requirement: regulate temperature.

You focus on definition 1. while ignoring the other three meanings and assume that people centuries ago would agree with you.  You liberals have no morals.  How do you sleep at night?

"no morals" is quite a stretch jrao. I could say that "you conservatives" have no morals because the majority of crazed shooters tend to be conservative gun-fanatics, and "you conservatives" just brush off these incidents saying that gun control "won't help". I'm not also assuming that people centuries ago agreed with me. I'm simply saying that they could've. It's also worth noting that the "other three definitions" are in no way relevant to gun control. Number two could be, but at this point you're just desperately trying drag yourself out of this deep, deep hole you've dug.

I sleep fine at night as well too. A good average of nine hours each night when I don't stay up doing other things.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #225 on: December 01, 2015, 03:08:00 PM »

Reply to my post, maybe?
The fact that the Second Amendment is clearly wrong in one instance?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2015, 03:11:04 PM »

"no morals" is quite a stretch jrao. I could say that "you conservatives" have no morals because the majority of crazed shooters tend to be conservative gun-fanatics, and "you conservatives" just brush off these incidents saying that gun control "won't help". I'm not also assuming that people centuries ago agreed with me. I'm simply saying that they could've. It's also worth noting that the "other three definitions" are in no way relevant to gun control. Number two could be, but at this point you're just desperately trying drag yourself out of this deep, deep hole you've dug.

I sleep fine at night as well too. A good average of nine hours each night when I don't stay up doing other things.

"It's also worth noting that the "other three definitions" are in no way relevant to gun control. "

No shit.  That is what I have been saying.  Are you autistic? 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #227 on: December 01, 2015, 03:13:55 PM »

"It's also worth noting that the "other three definitions" are in no way relevant to gun control. "

No, it's not what you've been saying. You've been prattling on about how there are "other definitions" that I "need to observe". Not once have you said "the other definitions are incorrect". Not once jrao.

Also, please don't make fun of autistic people. I have one sibling with fairly severe autism, and it's not a laughing matter. Of course, you probably won't care, as you seem to know squat about what it is anyways.

« Reply #228 on: December 01, 2015, 03:17:04 PM »
Let  me make it real simple for people to comprehend.  While a country is at War its constitution is suspended & admiralty law implamented over the land. Agenda21 is a means to transition to total admiralty, with out the need to invent conflicts every day of the week to keep the lawful constatutions of the country's shelfed & their profitable dictatorships maintained. Hence disarming the public before they wake up to the fact they are having all their property rights slowly taken away  & their lawful constitution & laws of the land slowly repealed.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 03:21:31 PM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #229 on: December 01, 2015, 03:20:54 PM »
Let  me make it real simple for people to comprehend.  While a country is at War its constitution is suspended & admiralty law implamented over the land. Agenda21 is a means to transition to total admiralty, with out the need to invent conflicts every day of the week to keep the lawful constatution of the country shelfed & their profitable dictatorships maintained. Hence disarming the public before they wake up to the fact they have had all their property taken & their lawful constitution & laws of the land repealed.

While a country is at War its constitution is suspended & admiralty law implamented over the land.

What!!?? No! This is false on all accounts. How retarded are you? Do you even know what admiralty law is? It deals with governing the oceans.

Hence disarming the public before they wake up to the fact they have had all their property taken & their lawful constitution & laws of the land repealed.

Stop acting like a conspiracy "theorist" and grow up.

« Reply #230 on: December 01, 2015, 03:24:11 PM »
Let  me make it real simple for people to comprehend.  While a country is at War its constitution is suspended & admiralty law implamented over the land. Agenda21 is a means to transition to total admiralty, with out the need to invent conflicts every day of the week to keep the lawful constatution of the country shelfed & their profitable dictatorships maintained. Hence disarming the public before they wake up to the fact they have had all their property taken & their lawful constitution & laws of the land repealed.

While a country is at War its constitution is suspended & admiralty law implamented over the land.

What!!?? No! This is false on all accounts. How retarded are you? Do you even know what admiralty law is? It deals with governing the oceans.

Hence disarming the public before they wake up to the fact they have had all their property taken & their lawful constitution & laws of the land repealed.

You are nothing more then a lying maggot . A paid sock puppet for the agenda21. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #231 on: December 01, 2015, 03:24:34 PM »
Reply to my post, maybe?

Reply to your post about regulations?  Sure, I think there should be regulations.  Such as:

Treat every weapon as if it were loaded.
Never point a weapon at anything you do not intend to kill.
Keep your finger off of the trigger until you are ready to fire.
Leave your weapon on safe until you are ready to fire.

This seems like reasonable regulations to me.  Oh, wait, this is just common sense. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #232 on: December 01, 2015, 03:27:20 PM »

No, it's not what you've been saying. You've been prattling on about how there are "other definitions" that I "need to observe". Not once have you said "the other definitions are incorrect". Not once jrao.

Also, please don't make fun of autistic people. I have one sibling with fairly severe autism, and it's not a laughing matter. Of course, you probably won't care, as you seem to know squat about what it is anyways.

I can only conclude that it runs in the family. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #233 on: December 01, 2015, 03:28:27 PM »

You are nothing more then a lying maggot . A paid sock puppet for the agenda21.

Here, I made the effort for you and googled "admiralty law": http://lmgtfy.com/?q=admiralty+law

To quote the top result:

Admiralty law or maritime law is a distinct body of law that governs maritime questions and offenses. It is a body of both domestic law governing maritime activities, and private international law governing the relationships between private entities that operate vessels on the oceans. It deals with matters including marine commerce, marine navigation, marine salvaging, shipping, sailors, and the transportation of passengers and goods by sea. Admiralty law also covers many commercial activities, although land based or occurring wholly on land, that are maritime in character.

Do your research before you make yourself look even more stupid chrales. Although, I don't really think that it's possible for you to make yourself look even more stupid at this point.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #234 on: December 01, 2015, 03:29:20 PM »

I can only conclude that it runs in the family.

No shit retard, it's a genetic condition. I don't have it, but it's not a laughing matter.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #235 on: December 01, 2015, 03:30:41 PM »
Reply to my post, maybe?

Reply to your post about regulations?  Sure, I think there should be regulations.  Such as:

This seems like reasonable regulations to me.  Oh, wait, this is just common sense.
No, my post(s) about how the Second Amendment is demonstrably wrong on one count, and should therefore not be perceived as infallible in its wisdom.

i.e. It's wrong on one (major) point, so why should its other points be valid

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #236 on: December 01, 2015, 03:32:29 PM »
Reply to my post, maybe?

Yeah joar, the problem is this: people who are inclined to commit violent acts aren't going to just "follow" these rules when they obtain, and use a gun to commit violent acts. Hence the reason for gun control.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #237 on: December 01, 2015, 03:34:46 PM »
Reply to my post, maybe?

No, my post(s) about how the Second Amendment is demonstrably wrong on one count, and should therefore not be perceived as infallible in its wisdom.

i.e. It's wrong on one (major) point, so why should its other points be valid

Please, post a concise statement declaring exactly what the 2nd Amendment is wrong about and I will be happy to have a pleasant discussion about it with you. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #238 on: December 01, 2015, 03:36:44 PM »
Reply to my post, maybe?

Yeah joar, the problem is this: people who are inclined to commit violent acts aren't going to just "follow" these rules when they obtain, and use a gun to commit violent acts. Hence the reason for gun control.

People who are inclined to commit violent acts aren't going to follow any rules, laws, or regulations, are they?  You people think you can legislate evil out of the world, one freedom at a time. 

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #239 on: December 01, 2015, 03:38:57 PM »
Reply to my post, maybe?

People who are inclined to commit violent acts aren't going to follow any rules, laws, or regulations, are they?  You people think you can legislate evil out of the world, one freedom at a time.

Do you not understand what gun control is? It's preventing certain people from buying weapons, which would prevent violent things like mass shootings from happening. Gun control is not people "coming to your house" and "taking your guns for no reason". It's goal is to prevent people who may cause harm using guns from obtaining, and using a gun to commit violent acts. Is it impossible for you to wrap your mind around that!?