Poll

What is your opinion on the United States' gun laws at present?

They are far too restrictive.
8 (44.4%)
They are a little restrictive.
1 (5.6%)
They are fine as it is.
2 (11.1%)
They are a little relaxed.
1 (5.6%)
They are far too relaxed.
5 (27.8%)
None of the above (please specify)
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Gun Violence in the United States

• 407 Replies
Re: Gun Violence in the United States
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2015, 05:36:45 AM »
I'm not sure what is causing all the crime in the US, but I can tell you that it's not guns.  If it were guns the states with high gun ownership would have more crime then states with low gun ownership, but in reality that trend is reversed.  Internationally there is no correlation between gun ownership and crime.  The statistics make it clear that guns lower crime rates, but they are still a rather small factor compared to other things.
Like I said before, if guns lower crime rates, then the US should have the lowest crime rate in the world.
And if they are a small factor, then the removal of them shouldn't cause much strife, should it?

So do your stats show that americans are not normal people? Or are they?
Even the 25 highest gun ownership states have a higher murder rate than first-world countries.
My question is why.
Your argument was about gun restrictions, not culture.  The stats show, very clearly, that states with high gun ownership rates have lower gun murder rates than those with low gun ownership rates.  And why do you keep restricting the argument to NATO aligned countries?
And how do you propose we change that culture? What policies can be put in place that change gun culture?

Also, in one sentence you mention how you think your argument works in the US, in the next sentence, you criticise me for sticking to first-world (not NATO) countries.
You can't have the privileges of being specific while denying that to me.

The reason why I'm restricting my argument to first-world countries is as they all are fairly similar, in terms of freedom, governmental stability and societal sophistication.
Comparing the US to, for example, Rwanda and Somalia isn't a fair comparison, as they do not have a stable government and have active rebellions.

This is my point though.
Gun control in the first world is linked to lower crime and murder rates.
In the US, it appears not to be.

However, you are making a very big mistake if you think that all gun control policies are the same.
Switzerland's gun policy means that to own a gun, one must serve in the military.
In Australia and New Zealand, a lot of paperwork and licensing has to be gone through to get firearms.

Gun control is a blanket term for any legislation which restricts to some extent the purchasing, using and carrying of firearms.
There are obviously policies that work, and those that don't.
What policies can be put in place . You mean what unlawful legislation can these's corperations acting as de facto GOVERNMENTS  get away with implamenting. What legislation should that be?  bank policie ?
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2015, 06:33:50 AM »
I was talking to a friend about gun control and he brought up an interesting point of view.
What if we make it really easy for registered gun owners to have all kinds of firearms and have concealed carry etc.
But we make it a lot harder for people to get gun registration.
eg. felons and the mentally ill won't have access.
Could this work?

That is pretty much the way it already is here in the US.  The problem is that anyone can get an illegal firearm.  Laws only stop people from getting legal weapons.
So if laws won't stop illegal acts from taking place, as you are claiming, then why do you think we have laws?

If someone wants to break into your house to steal your TV, do you think they even consider that it is against the law to do so?
If we extend your argument the other way, where there are no laws or comparatively less laws restricting stealing, then wouldn't people be more likely to steal?
If murder was legal, for example, then wouldn't the murder rate increase?

And on the subject of the black market, of course felons would still get guns.
But most murders in the US arise out of non-felonious circumstances.
The leading cause given fro murder was an argument unrelated to money (according to the FBI).
We can assume that a lot of these murders were impulse based.
Someone insults you or yours so you pull out a handgun and shoot them.
Maybe, retrospectively, you wouldn't have done that.
That's the problem with guns.
In the Joker's words, "They're too quick"

And the comment about anyone being able to get an illegal firearm.
A semiautomatic pistol like a M9 or a Glock costs about 15000 dollars Australian on the black market.
If you have 15 grand lying around, you probably aren't a. Mentally ill, or b. a felon.
Think about how much an assault rifle would cost on the black market in Aus.
If on is on Australia's minimum wage, then a semiautomatic pistol costs about half of your before tax income per year.
A black market pistol in the US costs a few hundred bucks a pop.
Not impossible, even on minimum wage.

I did not say that there should be no laws.  I said that making things illegal does not deter people from doing those things.  Un-prescribed drugs are illegal in most countries, yet people still do drugs.  Murder has always been illegal, yet people have always killed each other.  What makes you think that making a tool illegal is going to stop people from being violent?  How many people are killed by hammers or screwdrivers every year in the world?  Should those tools be illegal too?
Do you admit, though, that if drugs were completely legal, that more people would be users?
Because if that is the case, then we can see a trend saying that the less restrictions there are, the more people will do something.
Hence, it is a reasonable assumption that the increased regulation (not banning) of weapons will lead to reduced murder.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2015, 06:44:24 AM »
I was talking to a friend about gun control and he brought up an interesting point of view.
What if we make it really easy for registered gun owners to have all kinds of firearms and have concealed carry etc.
But we make it a lot harder for people to get gun registration.
eg. felons and the mentally ill won't have access.
Could this work?

That is pretty much the way it already is here in the US.  The problem is that anyone can get an illegal firearm.  Laws only stop people from getting legal weapons.
So if laws won't stop illegal acts from taking place, as you are claiming, then why do you think we have laws?

If someone wants to break into your house to steal your TV, do you think they even consider that it is against the law to do so?
If we extend your argument the other way, where there are no laws or comparatively less laws restricting stealing, then wouldn't people be more likely to steal?
If murder was legal, for example, then wouldn't the murder rate increase?

And on the subject of the black market, of course felons would still get guns.
But most murders in the US arise out of non-felonious circumstances.
The leading cause given fro murder was an argument unrelated to money (according to the FBI).
We can assume that a lot of these murders were impulse based.
Someone insults you or yours so you pull out a handgun and shoot them.
Maybe, retrospectively, you wouldn't have done that.
That's the problem with guns.
In the Joker's words, "They're too quick"

And the comment about anyone being able to get an illegal firearm.
A semiautomatic pistol like a M9 or a Glock costs about 15000 dollars Australian on the black market.
If you have 15 grand lying around, you probably aren't a. Mentally ill, or b. a felon.
Think about how much an assault rifle would cost on the black market in Aus.
If on is on Australia's minimum wage, then a semiautomatic pistol costs about half of your before tax income per year.
A black market pistol in the US costs a few hundred bucks a pop.
Not impossible, even on minimum wage.

I did not say that there should be no laws.  I said that making things illegal does not deter people from doing those things.  Un-prescribed drugs are illegal in most countries, yet people still do drugs.  Murder has always been illegal, yet people have always killed each other.  What makes you think that making a tool illegal is going to stop people from being violent?  How many people are killed by hammers or screwdrivers every year in the world?  Should those tools be illegal too?
Do you admit, though, that if drugs were completely legal, that more people would be users?
Because if that is the case, then we can see a trend saying that the less restrictions there are, the more people will do something.
Hence, it is a reasonable assumption that the increased regulation (not banning) of weapons will lead to reduced murder.

That is not the case here in the US, where several states have legalized marijuana.  The legalization of the drug did not spike surges of new smokers. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2015, 08:20:28 AM »
Like I said before, if guns lower crime rates, then the US should have the lowest crime rate in the world.
And if they are a small factor, then the removal of them shouldn't cause much strife, should it?

Like I said, gun ownership is not the only factor.  Different states are more similar to each other then different nations and in the states crime rate goes down when gun ownership goes up.  If guns were taken in the US then crime rates would increase a fair bit and also we would be venerable to tyranny.

In the US the reason we have guns is not because we are terrified that someone would try to kill us, we have them for the same reason that ships have life boats.  We just want to be prepared for everything.  Banning guns will prevent murder about as well as banning life boats will prevent ships from sinking.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2015, 03:12:23 PM »

Like I said, gun ownership is not the only factor.  Different states are more similar to each other then different nations and in the states crime rate goes down when gun ownership goes up.  If guns were taken in the US then crime rates would increase a fair bit and also we would be venerable to tyranny.

In the US the reason we have guns is not because we are terrified that someone would try to kill us, we have them for the same reason that ships have life boats.  We just want to be prepared for everything.  Banning guns will prevent murder about as well as banning life boats will prevent ships from sinking.
Venerable to tyranny . Your already living  in tyranny. Ya dumb ass. The corperation US .The federal Reserve run the show under Universal commercial code . Amrilty law . Their not following the constatution of the United States of America. There following the privet US coperation constitution.  UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. You have no constitutional rights  in that constatution. Your just a customer who has an account forced on to you. Which they determine the terms & conditions of the contracts.  WAKE UP & Dont surrender (contract)your inalienable right to protect your  life & property .Owning & useing a fire arm for self defence . Is your right, not theirs to take away unless you consent , contract to give up that right. They want to take that right away , so you will be forced to defended all matters in their rigid Courts.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 03:19:17 PM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2015, 03:34:37 PM »

Again, why would anyone ban guns?
Gun control doesn't mean every single firearm would be taken.
But some restrictions need to be in place.
The second amendment mentions a 'well-regulated militia'.
Basically, the second amendment sanctions gun control, in the form of regulations.
Why are you opposed to gun licensing, for example?
If you aren't a felon, or mentally ill, then you can have firearms.
That is an example of common sense gun control, which should be implemented.

Let me ask you these questions:
Do you think 12 year olds should be allowed firearms?
Do you think mentally retarded people should be allowed firearms?
Do you think firearms should be carried on planes?
Do you think machine guns should be publicly available?
Do you think rocket launchers should be publicly available?

If you think that any of these instances are unreasonable, then you want gun control.
The question should be how much gun control, and that is a conversation that i would love to have.

Your example is quite stupid, though.
We are not banning guns. Ergo, ships will still have lifeboats.
I can put forward counter examples.
"Banning guns to prevent murder would work about as much as banning pools to prevent backyard drownings."
"Putting in gun regulations to prevent murder would work about as well as putting a limit on how fast people can drive to prevent road accidents."
"Regulating guns to prevent murder would work as well as a cigarette tax would to deter smokers"
All three of these are a better comparison to that of gun control.

I'll say it again, in case you missed it.

GUN CONTROL DOES NOT MEAN THE BANNING OF GUNS

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2015, 10:08:06 PM »
My stats show the opposite to your stats. I don't know why you keep failing to address that point.
Because your stats are not for the US.  Mine are.

And how do you propose we change that culture? What policies can be put in place that change gun culture?
I don't want any policies.  Those without freedom always run to the government for help.  I don't want the government involved in changing any culture.
Then address the first part of that quote.
It starts at home.  I am personally affecting change in the culture by how I raise my three children.  I don't need the government to come tell me how to raise my kids.  You might, but I don't.

Also, in one sentence you mention how you think your argument works in the US, in the next sentence, you criticise me for sticking to first-world (not NATO) countries.
I'm asking why you are limiting your crime rate stats to NATO countries.  That doesn't make sense.  Does Brazil not count?  What about Mexico?  The only reason you would do that is to push your narrative.
Or because it makes sense to compare countries that are more alike, rather than those that aren't.
But why only NATO countries?

Right, so why are you pushing for more gun control in the US?  You want the murder rate to go up?
I said this to point out that if better gun control is instituted, then maybe the trends seen won't be.
My stats say otherwise.  Gun control goes up, so does the crime rate.

However, you are making a very big mistake if you think that all gun control policies are the same.
Who said that?
All of you implied it when bringing up DC and Chicago, for example. Just because a policy doesn't work in one place, doesn't mean that gun control in all forms will have the same effect.
We have 50 states that have various forms of gun control (and ownership) and the stats show that higher ownership means less crime.

Switzerland's gun policy means that to own a gun, one must serve in the military.
Yep, and that is a horrible idea.
Doesn't the Second Amendment mention a well-regulated militia?
Yes it does.  But you (and the rest of the gun control crowd) apply today's bastardization of the words 'well-regulated militia' to hide the true meaning contained in the Constitution/Bill of Rights.  'Well-regulated' at the time, meant 'in proper working order', it had nothing to do with government regulations.  'A militia' refers to the unorganized militia made of ordinary citizens.  Therefore: "Citizens, maintaining their skill with arms, being necessary for the security of a free state (country), the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed".  Sounds pretty clear to me.

Isn't that what switzerland has?
Explain why this is a horrible idea?
Conscripting your army is a great way to ruin morale.  The only people who should join the military are those that choose to do so of their own free will.  I don't like government telling me what to do with my life.

In Australia and New Zealand, a lot of paperwork and licensing has to be gone through to get firearms.
Again, horrible idea.
Again, why?
Uh...regulations.

And in the US, gun control policies don't work.  As is evidenced by the stats.  Which you still ignore.
Then better policies need to be established.
I believe I posted stats which show that homicide, suicide and accidental death by firearm increases where there are more firearms.
I also believe that you did not address them.
I've shown you the exact opposite.  In the US, the higher the gun ownership, the lower the gun murder rate.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2015, 10:32:41 PM »

Again, why would anyone ban guns?
Gun control doesn't mean every single firearm would be taken.
But some restrictions need to be in place.
The second amendment mentions a 'well-regulated militia'.
Basically, the second amendment sanctions gun control, in the form of regulations.
Why are you opposed to gun licensing, for example?
If you aren't a felon, or mentally ill, then you can have firearms.
That is an example of common sense gun control, which should be implemented.

Let me ask you these questions:

If you think that any of these instances are unreasonable, then you want gun control.
The question should be how much gun control, and that is a conversation that i would love to have.

Your example is quite stupid, though.
We are not banning guns. Ergo, ships will still have lifeboats.
I can put forward counter examples.
"Banning guns to prevent murder would work about as much as banning pools to prevent backyard drownings."
"Putting in gun regulations to prevent murder would work about as well as putting a limit on how fast people can drive to prevent road accidents."
"Regulating guns to prevent murder would work as well as a cigarette tax would to deter smokers"
All three of these are a better comparison to that of gun control.

I'll say it again, in case you missed it.

GUN CONTROL DOES NOT MEAN THE BANNING OF GUNS
Church it up all you like scrotum Gaggins . The issue of gun control is one of who decides the controllers , who decides mental competencey. Who makes the laws ,Who regulates the laws & who enforces the gun control .  So to date we have a group of international banksters running the show ,of de facto GOVERNMENTS. Vier sly dishonest non disclosed bankruptcy laws. Where is the full transparency , you would expect of those given that roll & responsibility.  Theses phuckers are running a slave trade & you want the slaves to trust them further. You must be phucken insane . No gun for you lol.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:38:06 PM by charles bloomington »

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2015, 04:46:24 PM »
My stats show the opposite to your stats. I don't know why you keep failing to address that point.
Because your stats are not for the US.  Mine are.
And why should they be different?
What makes Americans so violent in your opinion?

I don't want any policies.  Those without freedom always run to the government for help.  I don't want the government involved in changing any culture.
Then address the first part of that quote.
It starts at home.  I am personally affecting change in the culture by how I raise my three children.  I don't need the government to come tell me how to raise my kids.  You might, but I don't.
That is great, but in the meantime, some mentally ill person is buying frearms.

I'm asking why you are limiting your crime rate stats to NATO countries.  That doesn't make sense.  Does Brazil not count?  What about Mexico?  The only reason you would do that is to push your narrative.
Or because it makes sense to compare countries that are more alike, rather than those that aren't.
But why only NATO countries?
Actually no, I am not sticking to only NATO countries, as I have said before.
I am sticking to first world countries, all of whom are capitalist democracies, have good standard of living and high GDP per capita. It makes no sense to compare the US to Rwanda, as there are too many societal and governmental differences.
Some first world countries aren't in NATO, and some NATO countries aren't in the first world.

Right, so why are you pushing for more gun control in the US?  You want the murder rate to go up?
I said this to point out that if better gun control is instituted, then maybe the trends seen won't be.
My stats say otherwise.  Gun control goes up, so does the crime rate.
If gun control went down drastically, do you not see that there would be more violence?
And are you really saying that if the US has more background checks, for example, that there will be more murder?
Also, why, again, would this trend be observed in the US alone out of the first world?

Who said that?
All of you implied it when bringing up DC and Chicago, for example. Just because a policy doesn't work in one place, doesn't mean that gun control in all forms will have the same effect.
We have 50 states that have various forms of gun control (and ownership) and the stats show that higher ownership means less crime.
Why are you so against gun control if you admit that all states have it?
Again, why is this trend observed in the US but not in Canada, Australia or the UK?

Yep, and that is a horrible idea.
Doesn't the Second Amendment mention a well-regulated militia?
Yes it does.  But you (and the rest of the gun control crowd) apply today's bastardization of the words 'well-regulated militia' to hide the true meaning contained in the Constitution/Bill of Rights.  'Well-regulated' at the time, meant 'in proper working order', it had nothing to do with government regulations.  'A militia' refers to the unorganized militia made of ordinary citizens.  Therefore: "Citizens, maintaining their skill with arms, being necessary for the security of a free state (country), the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed".  Sounds pretty clear to me.
Interesting how other countries without the right to bear arms are still free states.
If we see that the amendment is wrong on this count, or at least stuck in the spirit of the past, why assume that it is correct?
This is obviously a relic of the 18th century, and times change.

Isn't that what switzerland has?
Explain why this is a horrible idea?
Conscripting your army is a great way to ruin morale.  The only people who should join the military are those that choose to do so of their own free will.  I don't like government telling me what to do with my life.
Do you drive by the speed limit?
Do you pay taxes?
If you do, then the government is telling you what to do and you are listening.

Again, horrible idea.
Again, why?
Uh...regulations.
Why is having a firearm licence bad in of itself?
You have to have a drivers licence to drive, we have to have a firearm licence to own firearms.

And in the US, gun control policies don't work.  As is evidenced by the stats.  Which you still ignore.
Then better policies need to be established.
I believe I posted stats which show that homicide, suicide and accidental death by firearm increases where there are more firearms.
I also believe that you did not address them.
I've shown you the exact opposite.  In the US, the higher the gun ownership, the lower the gun murder rate.
So you dispute the stats which I showed earlier?
The fact that you are more likely to have fun if there is a firearm around doesn't concern you?

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2015, 06:01:53 PM »
Because they obviously are.  You are trying to show stats comparing the US to other countries.  I'm showing you stats comparing the US to the US.  Why are we more violent?  In my opinion, it's due to the urban density and the glorification of certain types of criminals.  But we seem to be getting less violent, as crime rate has been dropping for many, many years now.

If they have been diagnosed as mentally ill, then they are prohibited from buying a firearm.  If they have not been diagnosed, then it is a good thing I have a firearm so that I can protect my family.

I am sticking to first world countries, all of whom are capitalist democracies, have good standard of living and high GDP per capita. It makes no sense to compare the US to Rwanda, as there are too many societal and governmental differences.
Some first world countries aren't in NATO, and some NATO countries aren't in the first world.
Oh, so you don't know that that is what first world means.  NATO countries.  The non NATO countries are the second world and the neutral/not declared are third world countries.  It was not until a few decades ago that countries began to misuse the First/Second/Third world titles to show economic progress.

If gun control went down drastically, do you not see that there would be more violence?
No, because the stats say otherwise.  And it makes sense. 

And are you really saying that if the US has more background checks, for example, that there will be more murder?
All firearm purchases through a FFL require a background check.  I don't know how much more you can have than all.

Because it is unconstitutional.

Again, why is this trend observed in the US but not in Canada, Australia or the UK?
Why is an orange spherical but this is not seen in strawberries which are also fruit?

If we see that the amendment is wrong on this count, or at least stuck in the spirit of the past, why assume that it is correct?
Wrong on what count?  The amendment seems to be right on all accounts.

Do you pay taxes?
They force me at gun point to do these things.

You have to have a drivers licence to drive
Last time I checked, driving wasn't a right expressed in the Constitution.

No.  What I don't understand is why you dispute the stats I show.

The fact that you are more likely to have fun if there is a firearm around doesn't concern you?
No, because I am not stupid and I know how to use a firearm.  By your logic, the military and the police force should be accidentally killing themselves all the time, since there are so many guns around.

-- Bob Hudson

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2015, 07:48:19 PM »
Because they obviously are.  You are trying to show stats comparing the US to other countries.  I'm showing you stats comparing the US to the US.  Why are we more violent?  In my opinion, it's due to the urban density and the glorification of certain types of criminals.  But we seem to be getting less violent, as crime rate has been dropping for many, many years now.
Most of our population lives in dense cities i.e. Melbourne and Sydney.
And our country was founded on the back of the convict.
And yet americans are more than four times more likely to murder someone than an Australian.

If they have been diagnosed as mentally ill, then they are prohibited from buying a firearm.  If they have not been diagnosed, then it is a good thing I have a firearm so that I can protect my family.
http://www.nij.gov/pubs-sum/165476.htm
Apparently 40% of all firearm purchases don't require a background check.
Felons and the mentally ill: guns for you!

Also, do the mentally ill not count as citizens of the US?
Because if they aren't then that is arbitrarily denying someone their nationality.
And if they are, then they should be allowed as much guns as the next person.

Oh, so you don't know that that is what first world means.  NATO countries.  The non NATO countries are the second world and the neutral/not declared are third world countries.  It was not until a few decades ago that countries began to misuse the First/Second/Third world titles to show economic progress.
First World
noun
the industrialized capitalist countries of western Europe, North America, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand.
That is what we mean when we say the First World
Last I checked, things have changed since the Cold War.

No, because the stats say otherwise.  And it makes sense. 
So if anyone of any age or criminal record could buy, legally, 50 caliber machine guns and put them in their houses, and take assault weapons on planes, etc. there would be less murder.
You do know that the biggest cause of murder in the US is an argument, right?
How would putting more guns in the mix help a volatile situation like this?

All firearm purchases through a FFL require a background check.  I don't know how much more you can have than all.
And not every legally purchased firearm is purchased through a FFL.
40 percent of all sales are through a private dealer, and therefore don't require checks.

Because it is unconstitutional.
And yet all states have gun control.
And asking you for a licence isn't taking away your right to have something.
You can have something, just get a licence.
If you are as law-abiding as you claim, that shouldn't be a problem.

Why is an orange spherical but this is not seen in strawberries which are also fruit?
Because they are of different genuses, for one.
There you go, a difference.
What difference exist between the US and these three countries that could result in vastly different murder rates?
That is my question.
Wrong on what count?  The amendment seems to be right on all accounts.
A well-regulated militia is not necessary for the security of a free state.
Australia doesn't have a well-regualted militia, yet we are still free.

Do you pay taxes?
They force me at gun point to do these things.
No one forces you to drive at 60. You can drive at 75 if you want, but as that is breaking the law, a fine will have to be paid.

You have to have a drivers licence to drive
Last time I checked, driving wasn't a right expressed in the Constitution.
That is because the constitution was written more than 200 years ago.
But it is still a matter of common sense.
Drivers licence to drive, gun licence to own guns.

No.  What I don't understand is why you dispute the stats I show.
I don't dispute them, I just want to know why they exist.
But you don't dispute the fact that not only does homicide likelihood increase with more guns, but suicide and accidental deaths do too?
Huh, now we're getting somewhere.

No, because I am not stupid and I know how to use a firearm.  By your logic, the military and the police force should be accidentally killing themselves all the time, since there are so many guns around.
Firstly, skill with a firearm isn't a requirement for the purchasing of a firearm.
One can have no idea what to do, and yet can own a high-powered weapon.
Secondly, I wasn't just talking accidents, I was talking suicides as well.
http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/160/10/929.full
Gun violence doesn't just mean against others, it can be against yourself.
Thirdly, suicide is a lot more common amongst the military.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_veteran_suicide

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2015, 11:24:26 PM »
Can you stop with the talking points and think for yourself?  That 'study' has been debunked, yet the gun control advocates keep pushing it.

Except we already have laws that prohibit those sales.

Yes they do.  But we have laws to prevent them from purchasing firearms.

So if anyone of any age or criminal record could buy, legally, 50 caliber machine guns and put them in their houses, and take assault weapons on planes, etc. there would be less murder.
Because I've already showed you the stats that destroy your argument.  High gun ownership means low gun murders.  I don't know why you keep failing to recognize this point.

40 percent of all sales are through a private dealer, and therefore don't require checks.
Again, this stat has been debunked.  Imagine, one person wanting to sell his private property to another person!  Wow, let's make sure the government is in there!  Besides, knowingly selling a firearm to a felon is a crime.

Licensing means they know where the guns are.  Take a look at this and realize that this is why:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/25/us/new-york-gun-permit-map/

What difference exist between the US and these three countries that could result in vastly different murder rates?
Hmm, different countries, different backgrounds, different cultures, different values, different governments, different ethnic makeups, different societal norms...sounds like a lot of differences to me.

Really?  Didn't they take away your guns?

No one forces you to drive at 60. You can drive at 75 if you want, but as that is breaking the law, a fine will have to be paid.
Like I said, they force me at gun point to do these things.

But you don't dispute the fact that not only does homicide likelihood increase with more guns, but suicide and accidental deaths do too?
Uh, no.  I provided the stats that say the opposite and I say the opposite.

Firstly, skill with a firearm isn't a requirement for the purchasing of a firearm.
Oh, so now you are claiming that guns cause suicide?

-- Bob Hudson

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2015, 12:05:08 AM »
Can you stop with the talking points and think for yourself?  That 'study' has been debunked, yet the gun control advocates keep pushing it.
Fair enough.
Got links to any proof of debunking?

Except we already have laws that prohibit those sales.
Hence, gun control.

Yes they do.  But we have laws to prevent them from purchasing firearms.
So even though they are citizens, they don't have the right to bear arms?
So the second amendment doesn't apply in all cases?
I don't see the sub-clause in which the mentally ill are excepted from this amendment.
Therefore, the prohibition of selling firearms to the mentally ill is unconstitutional.

Because I've already showed you the stats that destroy your argument.  High gun ownership means low gun murders.  I don't know why you keep failing to recognize this point.
Wasn't your point that gun ownership stops all murder?
Now its that gun ownership stops gun murder in particular.
Which is it?
And I did recognise your point, in saying that gun control doesn't mean that people can't have guns, it means that there are reasonable restrictions on who has them, what kind they are, where they can be taken etc.

Again, this stat has been debunked.  Imagine, one person wanting to sell his private property to another person!  Wow, let's make sure the government is in there!  Besides, knowingly selling a firearm to a felon is a crime.
Haha. You said that the government shouldn't be involved in the selling of private property, and then in the next sentence said that selling to a felon is a crime.
You cant have it both ways.

Licensing means they know where the guns are.  Take a look at this and realize that this is why:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/25/us/new-york-gun-permit-map/
Stop with the talking points and think for yourself.
See how annoying that is?
Where are all the other scandals in other states about the same thing?
Surely it is nation-wide?

Hmm, different countries, different backgrounds, different cultures, different values, different governments, different ethnic makeups, different societal norms...sounds like a lot of differences to me.
Hmm, how do any of these a. apply when talking about the countries in question and b. have any bearing on the propensity to murder?

Really?  Didn't they take away your guns?
No, only about a fifth.
And they compensated those they took from.
Interestingly, in Australia, we aren't allowed to shoot up schools.
Guess we aren't quite as free as America, hey?

Like I said, they force me at gun point to do these things.
Your society is f**ked up if they hold you at gun point to pay speeding fines.

And yet you said you didn't dispute my stats.

Oh, so now you are claiming that guns cause suicide?
No, I'm saying, with statistical evidence, that the likelihood of someone to kill themselves increases if there are more guns around.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2015, 12:55:54 AM »
Fair enough.
Yep:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obamas-continued-use-of-the-claim-that-40-percent-of-gun-sales-lack-background-checks/2013/04/01/002e06ce-9b0f-11e2-a941-a19bce7af755_blog.html

I don't see the sub-clause in which the mentally ill are excepted from this amendment.
Therefore, the prohibition of selling firearms to the mentally ill is unconstitutional.
Actually, they were deprived their right through due process of law.  Which is how one loses their rights in our system. 

All murder?  No that would be ridiculous.

Now its that gun ownership stops gun murder in particular.
Which is it?
Since you seem to have lost track of the conversation:
Gun Ownership vs Gun Murder

The top 10 states for gun ownership have ownership rates of >50% and an average gun murder rate of 1.87 per 100,000 people.

The bottom 10 states for gun ownership have ownership rates of <22% and an average gun murder rate of 3.98 per 100,000 people.

If we split the country in half and look at the numbers:
The top 26 states in gun ownership rates have a combined average gun murder rate of 2.33 per 100,000 people.

The bottom 25 (this includes Washington, DC which has the lowest gun ownership rate in the US) has a combined average murder rate of 3.27 per 100,000 people.

The stats seem pretty clear.

Haha. You said that the government shouldn't be involved in the selling of private property, and then in the next sentence said that selling to a felon is a crime.
Sure I can.  The government should not be involved in the selling of private property between law abiding citizens.  A felon has had their rights revoked by due process.

Stop with the talking points and think for yourself.
It's annoying because you didn't use the phrase correctly which would be where I was regurgitating a talking point.

All those people affected was not enough for you?  Nothing stops anyone else from doing the same thing.  Including the government.

Hmm, how do any of these a. apply when talking about the countries in question and b. have any bearing on the propensity to murder?
How do they not?  They directly affect the people of the nation.

Interestingly, in America, we are not allowed to shoot up schools.

I'll ask again:  How old are you?  You are very naive if you don't see that if you don't pay a fine, the government will send people with guns to your house to enforce the penalty.  Don't pay, warrant for your arrest.  Police (with guns!) will forcibly remove you from your personal residence so that you can appear in court.  Which I would assume is the exact same thing that happens in Australia.

That the US has a higher gun murder rate than the other 'developed' countries.  Please try to keep up with the conversation.

No, I'm saying, with statistical evidence, that the likelihood of someone to kill themselves increases if there are more guns around.

So guns cause people to kill themselves.  Uh, sure...

-- Bob Hudson

« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2015, 04:01:11 AM »
Did gun registration & licencing prevent this from happening .https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/29938645/stocco-father-son-face-court-over-murder/
They were claimed at one stage of carring a SKS semiautomatic riffle.  So if they turned up at your farm gate . You would at the very very least need a .22 to keep them at some distance & take extreme cover. I dont think a diplamatic kind smile ,  a friendly hellow & hand shake . Would ever keep you & your family breathing for very long.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 04:13:46 AM by charles bloomington »

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #105 on: October 31, 2015, 07:46:29 AM »
Fair enough.
Yep:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obamas-continued-use-of-the-claim-that-40-percent-of-gun-sales-lack-background-checks/2013/04/01/002e06ce-9b0f-11e2-a941-a19bce7af755_blog.html

Still, 15-20 percent of purchases being extralegal is a worrying statistic.

Actually, they were deprived their right through due process of law.  Which is how one loses their rights in our system. 
So the second amendment doesn't apply to everyone?

I meant all types of murder, sorry.

Sure I can.  The government should not be involved in the selling of private property between law abiding citizens.  A felon has had their rights revoked by due process.
Doesn't the government decide who is law abiding?
Can gun control also be implemented by due process?

All those people affected was not enough for you?  Nothing stops anyone else from doing the same thing.  Including the government.
I think that you would have to prove that not only was there an increase in crime, but that that increase was caused by this leak.
Otherwise, your argument would be based on privacy, etc. which is a problem, but not a problem for this thread.

So the relatively minor differences between Canada, Australia and the UK and the US produce such a huge discrepancy?
Again, how do they affect violence in particular?

So your precious freedom is impinged upon, yet again, by the tyrannical government, who will enforce this rule with the use of force.

I'll ask again:  How old are you?  You are very naive if you don't see that if you don't pay a fine, the government will send people with guns to your house to enforce the penalty.  Don't pay, warrant for your arrest.  Police (with guns!) will forcibly remove you from your personal residence so that you can appear in court.  Which I would assume is the exact same thing that happens in Australia.
Firstly, we just pay the fine.
Secondly, if we don't, then a summons is sent to our residence.
Thirdly, if we still don't comply, or haven't given adequate reason for our absence, then police officers (usually armed but not always) will escort you to court.
No being led at gunpoint.

That the US has a higher gun murder rate than the other 'developed' countries.  Please try to keep up with the conversation.
So you do dispute the studies that show that homicide, suicide and accidental death rates go up with firearm ownership?

No, mental health problems cause people to kill themselves.
The availability of weapons only increases the likelihood of an attempt, and the potential lethality of that attempt.

« Reply #106 on: October 31, 2015, 05:18:07 PM »
Fair enough.
Yep:

I meant all types of murder, sorry.

Doesn't the government decide who is law abiding?

I think that you would have to prove that not only was there an increase in crime, but that that increase was caused by this leak.
Otherwise, your argument would be based on privacy, etc. which is a problem, but not a problem for this thread.

So the relatively minor differences between Canada, Australia and the UK and the US produce such a huge discrepancy?

So your precious freedom is impinged upon, yet again, by the tyrannical government, who will enforce this rule with the use of force.

Firstly, we just pay the fine.
Secondly, if we don't, then a summons is sent to our residence.
Thirdly, if we still don't comply, or haven't given adequate reason for our absence, then police officers (usually armed but not always) will escort you to court.

So you do dispute the studies that show that homicide, suicide and accidental death rates go up with firearm ownership?

No, mental health problems cause people to kill themselves.
The availability of weapons only increases the likelihood of an attempt, and the potential lethality of that attempt.
You are  missing the whole point . WHO will be registering the guns  WHO will be issuing the licences.
People kill them self not because of mental health problems.  They do it out of a feeling of hopelessness. A felling of a way out  of that hopelessness.
Now tell me , Who will be registering the guns & who will be issuing the licences.  THE GOVERNMENT ?
Enuff with your deceptive shit talk Scrotum Gaggins .
http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=66638993569
When the proper Govement that represents the people & their lawfully rights  is rightfully back in power & truthfully elected by the people then registration & licencing  might be worth considering.  But until then I say dont surrender your rights or your guns to a bunch of money scaming unlawful phoneys.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 05:21:43 PM by charles bloomington »

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2015, 09:01:48 AM »

With parental convent and supervision, yes.  I learned how to shoot before I was 12.

Yes, as long as they can be taught how to use a firearm and be responsible with it.

Yes.  Do you think anyone would be able to high jack a plane if the passengers could shoot them?  If firearms were allowed on planes then the 9/11 incident wouldn't have happened because the terrorists would have not been able to highball the planes in the first place.

My brother owns two of them.  Yes, they should be publicly available.  Pistols can do just as much harm or help as a machine gun, with a pistol you just need to spend one second every so often reloading.

Anyone rampaging with a rocket launcher would get a maximum of one shot before he/she could be rushed and taken down.  RPG's take a long time to reload and because of this they could not do much harm or good.  I cannot think of a single instance where an RPG was used by a criminal or terrorist to kill civilians.  Banning them is unnecessary, and if many civilians had guns with them then nobody would dare go out in public and start killing people.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #108 on: November 01, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »

With parental convent and supervision, yes.  I learned how to shoot before I was 12.
Should they be allowed to take them to school?

Yes, as long as they can be taught how to use a firearm and be responsible with it.
Which is a restriction on the conditions of gun ownership, hence, gun control.

Yes.  Do you think anyone would be able to high jack a plane if the passengers could shoot them?  If firearms were allowed on planes then the 9/11 incident wouldn't have happened because the terrorists would have not been able to highball the planes in the first place.
But what if someone's gun goes off by accident?
I'm assuming that you've been on a plane, and that you know how tightly people are crammed in.

My brother owns two of them.  Yes, they should be publicly available.  Pistols can do just as much harm or help as a machine gun, with a pistol you just need to spend one second every so often reloading.
Your brother owns two machine guns?
Not sub-machine guns, but mounted machine guns?

Anyone rampaging with a rocket launcher would get a maximum of one shot before he/she could be rushed and taken down.  RPG's take a long time to reload and because of this they could not do much harm or good.  I cannot think of a single instance where an RPG was used by a criminal or terrorist to kill civilians.  Banning them is unnecessary, and if many civilians had guns with them then nobody would dare go out in public and start killing people.
I think that you gun advocates have already stressed that murderers-to-be disregard the law.
Why would they give any regard to the fact that they might be killed? Mass-murderers often kill themselves.
Again, accidents can always happen.
If there are explosives in your suburban house, then accidents are bound to happen.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #109 on: November 01, 2015, 09:58:18 PM »
People selling their personal property worries you?

It does, until you have your rights removed by due process of law.  Felons can't own a firearm nor can they vote (in most cases)

No law can be implemented if it is unconstitutional.

Why would I have to prove that?  The fact that it was done should be worrying to any gun owner.

Oh, so you are just going to wave all the differences as 'relatively minor'?  That's one hell of a cop out if I've ever read one.

You realize you look ridiculous when you make stupid statements like this, right?

Those two statements are contradictory.  You also forgot to answer how hold you were.

I've shown the stats that show the gun murder rate is generally lower in states that have high gun ownership.

Because you said before that I was more likely to commit suicide since I had a gun in my house.  But now I would have to be mentally unstable to commit suicide.  Please stick to one story.

-- Bob Hudson

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2015, 05:39:50 AM »
People selling their personal property worries you?
If that personal property could cause death or injury to others, then yes.

It does, until you have your rights removed by due process of law.  Felons can't own a firearm nor can they vote (in most cases)

No law can be implemented if it is unconstitutional.
But gun control already exists in the US.
10 year-olds can't buy firearms, ergo, gun control.

Why would I have to prove that?  The fact that it was done should be worrying to any gun owner.
Well, if there were no adverse and/or deadly consequences, then I don't see this issue as anything more than an invasion of privacy, which is a topic for another thread.

Oh, so you are just going to wave all the differences as 'relatively minor'?  That's one hell of a cop out if I've ever read one.
They all:
Are democracies
Have high GDP both nominally and per capita
Have ethnic and cultural diversity
Are developed both economically and socially
Don't have internal wars/strife
Are valued members of the international community
Etc.
There are more similarities than differences, and the differences that do exist seem hardly likely to cause a fourfold increase in murder rate.
Excepting in part, of course in my opinion, the high levels of gun ownership, and corresponding low levels of gun control.

You realize you look ridiculous when you make stupid statements like this, right?
I'm being consistent.
If you complain about the government potentially forcing you to surrender some of your gun rights, then it follows that you should be complaining about other restrictions that the government place on you.
i.e. the prohibition of murder.

Those two statements are contradictory.  You also forgot to answer how hold you were.
Being led at gunpoint implies both an unholstered weapon and the using of that weapon directly for one's coercion.
Neither of those are present in being served a court summons to pay a speeding fine.

I've shown the stats that show the gun murder rate is generally lower in states that have high gun ownership.
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/3c-CMbmUHo46h0IS755z8eruXvQ=/1600x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4118836/gun%20ownership%20states.png
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4P8I10AEIFJTYH0Lhnz_scC4Hvw=/1600x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4002396/gun%20ownership%20countries.jpg
Two graphs.
Both with a positive gradient, as you can see.
Note- we are not just talking about gun murder, but gun deaths in general.

Because you said before that I was more likely to commit suicide since I had a gun in my house.  But now I would have to be mentally unstable to commit suicide.  Please stick to one story.
People can develop a mental illness at any point in time.
A few misfiring neurons in your brain, and you might suddenly have suicidal impulses.
Bearing in mind the fact that suicide is usually more likely to occur, and is more likely to be fatal, where there are more guns, I think we can see that even if guns aren't the cause, that they are a significant factor.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2015, 08:04:07 AM »
Should they be allowed to take them to school?

If they can get a license to carry a gun by that age then yes.

Under your definition I advocate minimal gun control.

But what if someone's gun goes off by accident?
I'm assuming that you've been on a plane, and that you know how tightly people are crammed in.

That's why guns have a safety switch.  When the safety switch is on then you cannot pull the trigger, and usually concealed guns don't have a bulled loaded in the chamber.  For it to be in any danger of going of it must somehow load the first bulled from the magazine and then turn off the safety somehow.  There is really no danger here.

Your brother owns two machine guns?
Not sub-machine guns, but mounted machine guns?

They are sub machine guns.

I think that you gun advocates have already stressed that murderers-to-be disregard the law.
Why would they give any regard to the fact that they might be killed? Mass-murderers often kill themselves.
Again, accidents can always happen.
If there are explosives in your suburban house, then accidents are bound to happen.

Mass murderers may have a screw loose but the fact that the vast majority of public shootings happen in gun free zones proves that they still have common sense in tact to some degree.  They generally kill themselves after they have seen what they have done and before the shooting they generally have no desire to die.  If suicide is what they wanted then they don't have to kill people first.  In any case, with a rocket launcher you could probably kill less people then with an ordinary gun because rocket launchers take forever to reload and a shooter would be lucky to even get one shot off before being rushed or shot.

Fires can happen in suburban houses too, and there are many things often found in houses that could be just as dangerous as rocket launcher ammo.  For example: in my room I have a large pack of model rocket motors and in my Dad's room there is a large stash of gun ammo.  Nobody is forcing people to buy rocket launchers and store them in their house, if someone thinks that it's worth the tiny risk then it should be up to them.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2015, 02:36:56 PM »
All three of my kids owned firearms before they were 10 years old.  They are all adults now, and have never shot anybody.  Age does not equate to firearm safety or maturity. 

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2015, 02:58:38 PM »

See, gun control of whatever degree is logical.
This is the discussion that should be taking place.
It shouldn't be a question of 'should there be gun control?' it should be a question of 'how much gun control?'
Now that we've established that there has to be some form of restriction, it is a mere question of where do those restrictions apply.

I reckon that the following people should not be allowed guns:
Minors under the age of 16
People who have had a history of psychiatric visits/treatment.
Anyone who is legally and medically retarded.
Anyone who has committed a summary felony in the last, say, 5 years.
Anyone who has committed an indictable offence pending court hearing.
Potentially the very aged, as they might grow careless.

I also propose that to buy firearms, one must have a licence.
I realise and accept that maybe residential details could be leaked to the press etc. but I guess that there is always a risk of government surveillance, whether licence related or not.
To get this licence, one must present two out of the following three items: Passport, Drivers licence and/or birth certificate.
This means that there is proof of identity.
Also, one must present a medical practitioner's certificate showing that you are not, or have ever been mentally ill.
The last step is when you select which type of firearm you wish to own, be it bolt-action rifles, shotguns, handguns etc.
After you select this, you must undergo weapons training, to ensure competency.

I think this model works well, as bar the aforementioned sections of society, everyone can have a weapon.
Comments?

« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2015, 01:03:52 AM »

It shouldn't be a question of 'should there be gun control?' it should be a question of 'how much gun control?'
Now that we've established that there has to be some form of restriction, it is a mere question of where do those restrictions apply.

I realise and accept that maybe residential details could be leaked to the press etc. but I guess that there is always a risk of government surveillance, whether licence related or not.
To get this licence, one must present two out of the following three items: Passport, Drivers licence and/or birth certificate.
Also, one must present a medical practitioner's certificate showing that you are not, or have ever been mentally ill.
The last step is when you select which type of firearm you wish to own, be it bolt-action rifles, shotguns, handguns etc.

I think this model works well, as bar the aforementioned sections of society, everyone can have a weapon.
Comments?
No what discussion should be taking place first, is how to deal with the likes of you treacherous lying underhanded agenda 21 scum & your  deceptive legalese codes. Care  discussing that agenda first scrotum Gaggins. Before  you want people to give up their inalienable right to defended their life , their families life & there property.  I'm sure those involved in agenda 21 treason & espionage would like to see all guns removed from the public .so they can go about their treacherous methods , with out fear of ever being brought to justice for their actions.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:06:55 AM by charles bloomington »

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2015, 02:43:19 AM »

Comments?
No what discussion should be taking place first, is how to deal with the likes of you treacherous lying underhanded agenda 21 scum & your  deceptive legalese codes. Care  discussing that agenda first scrotum Gaggins. Before  you want people to give up their inalienable right to defended their life , their families life & there property.  I'm sure those involved in agenda 21 treason & espionage would like to see all guns removed from the public .so they can go about their treacherous methods , with out fear of ever being brought to justice for their actions.
Direct me to where I said that no guns should be allowed to the people.
And what is agenda 21?
Oh, that's right, it refers to sustainable development.
If you could kindly phrase your questions in coherent English, then maybe I'd respond to them.

« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2015, 05:03:52 AM »

Comments?
Direct me to where I said that no guns should be allowed to the people.
And what is agenda 21?
Oh, that's right, it refers to sustainable development.
If you could kindly phrase your questions in coherent English, then maybe I'd respond to them.
Question 1 .are you a advocate for the implementation of agenda 21. Question 2 what is your opinion on this  company. http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=66638993569
Question 3 what is your opinion on theses companies. http://www.abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?SearchText=32790228959
Question 4 what is your opinion on the dates theses companies were registered.
State Government Entity

A government entity is:

a department of State of the Commonwealth
a department of the Parliament
an executive agency, or statutory agency, within the meaning of the Public Service Act 1999
a department of State of a State or Territory
an organisation that:
is not an entity
, and
is either established by the Commonwealth, a State or a Territory (whether under a law or not) to carry on an enterprise or established for a public purpose by an Australian law, and
can be separately identified by reference to the nature of the activities carried on through the organisation or the location of the organisation
whether or not the organisation is part of a department or branch described in paragraph (a), (b), (c) or (d) or of another organisation of the kind described in this paragraph

So who are theses corperate entity's ?  & who do they represent .? When its clear they are not representative of "a" state of The Commonwealth of Australia . By an Australian law ? Should it not read under Australian law.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:26:04 AM by charles bloomington »

« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2015, 05:36:39 AM »
http://www.ipaustralia.com.au/applicant/state-of-victoria-c-department-of-justice/trademarks/1465780/
Date   Comment   Type
04-JUL-2013   Applications Lapsed and Withdrawn (Withdrawn)   Advert
25-JUN-2013   Withdraw Application   Update

19-JUN-2013   Withdraw Trademark Application   Correspondence
07-JUN-2013   General correspondence Acceptance   Correspondence
20-MAY-2013   No response to 1st Report within 12 mths   Update
19-APR-2012   Adverse Report - Approved   Report No. 1
19-APR-2012   Amend Status from Indexing Approved   Update
19-APR-2012   Acceptance date   Update
12-JAN-2012   Applications Filed   Advert
20-DEC-2011   Amend Status from Indexed   Update
20-DEC-2011   Amend Status from Filed - Approved   Update
19-DEC-2011   Approve Filing   Update
16-DEC-2011   Filing an Electronic Application for a TM 1 Class   Correspondence

I feel so much safer now our guns & type of gun & who can own one, are now controlled  by license & registration In Australia.  You wouldn't want fire arms to fall in to the hands of unscrupulous individuals.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:59:19 AM by charles bloomington »

« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2015, 06:09:51 AM »
I used to be for gun control in the US until I got suspicious when obama got on board and started pushing for it, why would his party take such a risk when political parties are known for evasiveness and trying not to upset large, well established groups. I looked into it and many think he wants to disarm America so that when the shitstorm comes down no one will be able to defend themselves. Sounds plausible to me, considering what else I know. Now I'm not quite sure. Things are not always what they seem!
The complete opposite of the way we are living is much closer to the True nature of life on this earth. About Face!

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2015, 06:29:03 AM »
I used to be for gun control in the US until I got suspicious when obama got on board and started pushing for it, why would his party take such a risk when political parties are known for evasiveness and trying not to upset large, well established groups. I looked into it and many think he wants to disarm America so that when the shitstorm comes down no one will be able to defend themselves. Sounds plausible to me, considering what else I know. Now I'm not quite sure. Things are not always what they seem!
You do realise that Mikeman and myself have already reached the consensus that gun control is inevitable?
It is not a question of should there be, it is a question of how much.