riddle me this...

• 29 Replies
riddle me this...
« on: September 26, 2015, 04:24:29 PM »
If 2 planes took off from London and both were headed in opposite directions, both bound for Sydney in Australia, surely (if the world was flat) only 1 plane would make it and the other would just fly into abyss??

Thoughts?

?

robintex

• Ranters
Re: riddle me this...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 04:30:30 PM »
I could give you the obvious flat earth answers but I am going to hold off until some flat earther answers before I post anything.

Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Testify

• In the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 04:50:14 PM »
Why is a hypothetical situation of any importance?
It is also possible to travel in a circle.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 01:48:11 AM »

opposite directions

Seems you missed this part  ::)

If one of the planes turn they are not flying in opposite directions away from London anymore.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 05:50:28 AM »

opposite directions

If one of the planes turn they are not flying in opposite directions away from London anymore.

Setting off in opposite directions does not mean forever moving in opposite directions.
You will note I did also respond to the initial question: it is a hypothetical situation, and unimportant. I have criticized you for dishonesty before, and you demonstrate it plainly every time you attempt to address me.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 07:16:22 AM »

opposite directions

Setting off in opposite directions does not mean forever moving in opposite directions.
You will note I did also respond to the initial question: it is a hypothetical situation, and unimportant. I have criticized you for dishonesty before, and you demonstrate it plainly every time you attempt to address me.

*sigh*

Well, let's assume they do keep moving in opposite directions. Impossible on flat earth, possible on round earth. Right?

And how is this dishonesty? And why do you keep lying?

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 08:08:42 AM »

opposite directions

*sigh*

Well, let's assume they do keep moving in opposite directions. Impossible on flat earth, possible on round earth. Right?

Claiming I have not answered a question which I have plainly answered: how is that anything other than hypocrisy.
Obviously. Why is a hypothetical situation of any significance?

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 08:27:40 AM »

opposite directions

*sigh*

Claiming I have not answered a question which I have plainly answered: how is that anything other than hypocrisy.

Quote me were I claimed that, because I never did, liar.

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 08:55:33 AM »

opposite directions

*sigh*

You quoted yourself. I bolded, for your aid. You claim I missed the question in the OP, which I specifically addresseed by pointing out that a hypothetical is meaningless.
It seems very time we converse you engage in timewasting and demanding I repeat myself rather than discussion.

I ask again, why is a hypothetical of any significance?
This is the topic of the thread. Let us discuss it, rather than the anger you seem to bear me.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 09:48:12 AM »
If 2 planes took off from London and both were headed in opposite directions, both bound for Sydney in Australia, surely (if the world was flat) only 1 plane would make it and the other would just fly into abyss??

Thoughts?

Absolutely possible on the FE. 

Sorry to burst your bubble.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 10:08:46 AM »

Thoughts?

How have you burst a bubble?  You've just made an assertion without backing it up.
The video demonstrates that we can not fully trust our senses.

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 10:22:30 AM »
If one plane flies exactly east and the other exactly west, sooner or later...head on collision.

-- Bob Hudson

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 10:45:38 AM »

opposite directions

*sigh*

You quoted yourself. I bolded, for your aid. You claim I missed the question in the OP, which I specifically addresseed by pointing out that a hypothetical is meaningless.
It seems very time we converse you engage in timewasting and demanding I repeat myself rather than discussion.

This is the topic of the thread. Let us discuss it, rather than the anger you seem to bear me.

No. I claim you missed part, not a question. So you just proved yourself to be a liar, or to not know the difference between question and part.

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 10:49:19 AM »

opposite directions

*sigh*

No. I claim you missed part, not a question. So you just proved yourself to be a liar, or to not know the difference between question and part.

You claim I missed part of the quetsion, said part being the key thrust to the question. Even so, I did not miss it.

Once more:

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 10:59:50 AM »

opposite directions

*sigh*

You claim I missed part of the quetsion, said part being the key thrust to the question. Even so, I did not miss it.

Once more:

Yes, I claimed you missed part of a question. That is not the same as claiming you didn't answer the question. See? You are lying.

It's of great importance, as it would only be possible on one shape of the earth.

When in doubt; sources!

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 11:06:48 AM »

Thoughts?

-- Bob Hudson

Testify

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 11:16:06 AM »

opposite directions

*sigh*

Once more:

Yes, I claimed you missed part of a question. That is not the same as claiming you didn't answer the question. See? You are lying.

It's of great importance, as it would only be possible on one shape of the earth.

You claimed I missed the key part of the question: this is the definition of not answering the question, and instead answering a different one, and even so you were wrong.

Again, why is a hypothetical of importance? There are many things that would only be possible on one shape of the Earth. Why does it matter if they're hypothetical?

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2015, 11:31:29 AM »

opposite directions

*sigh*

Once more:

You claimed I missed the key part of the question: this is the definition of not answering the question, and instead answering a different one, and even so you were wrong.

Again, why is a hypothetical of importance? There are many things that would only be possible on one shape of the Earth. Why does it matter if they're hypothetical?

Ask the one who asked the question.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:35:48 AM by Master_Evar »

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 11:46:58 AM »
Adam111777, you are wasting your time.  They will believe what they want to believe.  I have personally flew over the Antarctica.  When I say over, I don't mean I skimmed the edge.  I flew OVER the Antarctica.  Granted, the plane didn't flew directly over the south pole, but we were probably a couple hundred miles from that location.  There was no 'edge of earth' or a 'wall off ice' stopping water from falling off.

These people will have a rolodex nonsense answer/response for everything.  They will try to twist everything you say to support what they believe.  I honestly believe most people who purport to be flat earthers are just trolls - and apparently succeeding.

Bottom line is this.  The earth is a globe.  Even if you don't trust the government or NASA, you can trust trigonometry.  Just use sohcahtoa (a trig term for finding unknown distances in a triangle).  You will see the sun is about 93,000,000 (not 3,000) miles from the earth.  You will see the moon is about 250,000 (not 3,000) miles from the earth.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 12:57:17 PM by pesadilla143 »

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 12:06:52 PM »
These people will have an answer for everything.
Translation from RE speak:
"Retreat! Run away!  We got called out on our lack of knowledge of the basic principles of, well, just about everything!"

-- Bob Hudson

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2015, 06:51:42 AM »
I could give you the obvious flat earth answers but I am going to hold off until some flat earther answers before I post anything.

I, personally, do not have a problem with you giving flat Earth answers, even in the Q&A forum, which this is not. 

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2015, 06:56:14 AM »
"Retreat! Run away!  We got called out on our lack of knowledge of the basic principles of, well, just about everything!"

Huh, from what I've seen the best evidence for Flat Earth is, "Looks flat to ME." That and "Everything I don't understand MUST be impossible." Oh, and the ever popular, "It's a Government conspiracy I say!"
I'm no rocket scientist, but at least I know the Earth is round, Man went to the Moon, and air exists.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” Carl Sagan

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2015, 07:05:58 AM »

Huh, from what I've seen the best evidence for Flat Earth is, "Looks flat to ME." That and "Everything I don't understand MUST be impossible." Oh, and the ever popular, "It's a Government conspiracy I say!"

You have obviously never studied Einstein or his work. 

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2015, 07:24:49 AM »

Never act like you understand FE theory then. You're blind to the flaws in what you believe, that's all.

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 04:19:00 AM »

Never act like you understand FE theory then. You're blind to the flaws in what you believe, that's all.

What flaws?
I'm no rocket scientist, but at least I know the Earth is round, Man went to the Moon, and air exists.

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 06:36:59 AM »

What flaws?

Play with your dogs, you're clearly not cut out for science.

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2015, 03:56:59 AM »

What flaws?

Never said I was cut out for science. But I stand by my statement. Your reply only serves to prove my point.

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2015, 08:43:33 AM »

What flaws?

Never said I was cut out for science. But I stand by my statement. Your reply only serves to prove my point.

Shy much? I'm sure you must think you're cut out for science, if you're on a science forum. I did not answer your question because it is clearly a waste of time, you're just trying to drag me into a repeat of a debate I've had too many times to count. This forum has a search function, and multiple threads dedicated to pointing out these flaws. Or are you unable to browse?

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2015, 05:57:08 PM »

What flaws?

Shy much? I'm sure you must think you're cut out for science, if you're on a science forum. I did not answer your question because it is clearly a waste of time, you're just trying to drag me into a repeat of a debate I've had too many times to count. This forum has a search function, and multiple threads dedicated to pointing out these flaws. Or are you unable to browse?

In other words, "It looks flat to me."

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 07:03:38 AM »

What flaws?

In other words, "It looks flat to me."

Other words? Try irrelevant words. You asked about flaws in the RE model, not why I accept the FE model. I offered you a way to find many. You lie and pretend that wasn't what we talked about. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you can't even keep track of a basic conversation?