Learn About God

• 112 Replies

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
Re: Learn About God
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2015, 08:40:18 AM »
If god is all good and loving, why did he create parasites? I'm thinking especially of this worm that can only survive by eating the eyes of little childeren from the inside out, only to nest inside and lay offspring. My first thought was that the world could actually be a better place whitout this worm, don't you agree?

That worm could be a species of a kind of worm that didn't eat human eyes. Or maybe in the original creation that worm didn't eat human eyes. God created everything to the benifit of mankind. To compare today's world and ask God why he made it this way is like looking at a wrecked Chevy and asking Chevy why they built it that way.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

sircool

• flat, round, whatever throats your goat
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2015, 12:52:52 PM »
If god is all good and loving, why did he create parasites? I'm thinking especially of this worm that can only survive by eating the eyes of little childeren from the inside out, only to nest inside and lay offspring. My first thought was that the world could actually be a better place whitout this worm, don't you agree?

That worm could be a species of a kind of worm that didn't eat human eyes. Or maybe in the original creation that worm didn't eat human eyes. God created everything to the benifit of mankind. To compare today's world and ask God why he made it this way is like looking at a wrecked Chevy and asking Chevy why they built it that way.

it sounds like you are saying the worm could have evolved, do you believe that could be true?
If it's flat, that would be very interesting for science

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2015, 03:48:55 PM »

it sounds like you are saying the worm could have evolved, do you believe that could be true?

Changing from one type of worm to another is a minor change between non living material turning into a worm. The only evolution I believe in is micro evolution, a kind splitting into species (like the canine turning into the fox, wolf, cayote, and dog).

sircool

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2015, 05:25:33 PM »

Changing from one type of worm to another is a minor change between non living material turning into a worm. The only evolution I believe in is micro evolution, a kind splitting into species (like the canine turning into the fox, wolf, cayote, and dog).

That's reasonable, and you would agree this could happen in a course of a few thousand years?

« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2015, 06:09:56 PM »

That's reasonable, and you would agree this could happen in a course of a few thousand years?

I don't see why not. Most of the dogs for example were bred by humans for a specific task.

sircool

« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2015, 06:52:19 PM »

I don't see why not. Most of the dogs for example were bred by humans for a specific task.

Then can you imagine what kind of changes that will occur in hundreds of million perhaps billions of years?

« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2015, 07:06:13 PM »
Well, first off, there are plenty of evidence that prove a young earth which I will provide a link for that later.

Second, there are limits in the gene code. By that logic I could say that we can get dogs as big as Texas because we have dogs as big as the Great Dane.

« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2015, 07:10:24 PM »
Here's an article on the young earth.

http://www.earthage.org/youngearthev/evidence_for_a_young_earth.htm

Hopefully at the very least you'll agree that they give more evidence for a young earth than FEs with the flat earth.

sircool

« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2015, 03:17:08 AM »
Well, first off, there are plenty of evidence that prove a young earth which I will provide a link for that later.

Second, there are limits in the gene code. By that logic I could say that we can get dogs as big as Texas because we have dogs as big as the Great Dane.

Well, science has shown us that mutations allways occurs, because the moore complex a molecule gets, the bigger risk for a structural flaw. There are no reason to "believe" the genes have stopped mutating, and we know by observations that mutations occur in the human genome every day.

« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2015, 08:43:03 AM »

Well, science has shown us that mutations allways occurs, because the moore complex a molecule gets, the bigger risk for a structural flaw. There are no reason to "believe" the genes have stopped mutating, and we know by observations that mutations occur in the human genome every day.

I have no argument against mutations. They happen all the time. I do however object to them changing one kind of animal (let's say a dinosaur) and turn it into another (a bird). All mutations we see are scrambling existing information, not adding foreign or new information. Also all mutations are either neutral or negative to the organism.

sircool

« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2015, 08:50:46 AM »

I have no argument against mutations. They happen all the time. I do however object to them changing one kind of animal (let's say a dinosaur) and turn it into another (a bird). All mutations we see are scrambling existing information, not adding foreign or new information. Also all mutations are either neutral or negative to the organism.

It seems you are overthinking this one, when a mutations happens, it can either be good, bad or neutral to the animal.
Good: the animal will produce more offspring (the mutations pass on)
Bad: the animal will produce less offspring (the mutations die off)
Neutral: no effect.

There's really not much more too it.

« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2015, 08:59:59 AM »
Have we seen a good mutation?

sircool

« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2015, 09:03:27 AM »

Blue eyes are one example.
My favourite is the fur on the polar bear.

« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2015, 09:14:51 AM »

Those are examples of traits already in the gene pool being expressed. My definition of a mutation is a scrambling of existing or adding new information. White hair on polar bears is trait in the gene code being pronounced.

sircool

« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2015, 09:42:49 AM »

Those are examples of traits already in the gene pool being expressed. My definition of a mutation is a scrambling of existing or adding new information. White hair on polar bears is trait in the gene code being pronounced.

Too bad we can't make up our own definitions on science. A mutation in biology and chemistry is the re-arrangement of the molecular structure of DNA. Those two examples are well known to be mutations in biochemistry. They are actually very well understood too. Basically one electron less or more in an atom in the DNA can cause nothing, or something. What the something is, is hard to say, because it might affect everything from intelligence to bigger nails.
The interesting thing is that if you compare the DNA of the ancestor of a polar bear, with the polar bear, you can see what the mutation is, because the rest of the genome is identical.

« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2015, 10:18:23 AM »
Ok, you're right about making definitions but the gene to make white was already in the gene pool. Maybe this video will help.

sircool

« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2015, 10:32:11 AM »
Hey, wanna agree to disagree?

I'm not going to watch a 30 minute video anyway:p

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2015, 10:37:09 AM »
Hey, wanna agree to disagree?

I'm not going to watch a 30 minute video anyway:p

Sure, I'm right, your wrong, that settles it. ;)

But seriously though I think we can agree to disagree, besides I think we got off topic. The video is there whenever you want to watch. God bless.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2015, 11:10:45 AM »
There is a kind of bacteria that has been found to be able to eat nylon. The problem is, nylon was invented in 1935, and is a competelly synthetic plastic. One step further: when given a nylon rich enviroment, it has been shown that bacteria that did not have this mutation do eventually evolve this mutation.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2015, 11:15:27 AM »
There is a kind of bacteria that has been found to be able to eat nylon. The problem is, nylon was invented in 1935, and is a competelly synthetic plastic. One step further: when given a nylon rich enviroment, it has been shown that bacteria that did not have this mutation do eventually evolve this mutation.

This article explains that. In short, they lost information to be able to eat nylon.
http://www.icr.org/article/nylon-eating-bacteria-evolutionary-progress

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »

This article explains that. In short, they lost information to be able to eat nylon.

That would violate conservation of information. Unless you are redefining the word information? Do you actually mean "lost pieces of their DNA"? Because that is a mutation, and by definition is changing the information of the system. Remember: there is not such a thing as a degradation in evolution, only fitter organism and less fit organisms. If a change in DNA makes bacteria fitter (such as in this case), then the trait is kept. If its detrimental under a particular selection pressure, it will result in a disadvantage, and will get cast away over time.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »

That would violate conservation of information. Unless you are redefining the word information? Do you actually mean "lost pieces of their DNA"? Because that is a mutation, and by definition is changing the information of the system. Remember: there is not such a thing as a degradation in evolution, only fitter organism and less fit organisms. If a change in DNA makes bacteria fitter (such as in this case), then the trait is kept. If its detrimental under a particular selection pressure, it will result in a disadvantage, and will get cast away over time.

Throughout the thread when I said "information" I was reffering to the gene code. Also if you're saying that in the theory of evolution there's no such thing as degradation then I would agree with you, but if you're saying that there's no such thing in nature then I would disagree because the Neanderthals had a larger brain capacity and more muscle mass then is as the video I gave above explains.

« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »
I will teach you about God.
He doesn't exist.