Learn About God

• 112 Replies

Testify

• In the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
Re: Learn About God
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2015, 05:14:51 PM »
The Bible also says that rabbits (which the KJV translates as "coney") chew their cud, when in fact they do not. Like I said, it is NOT a science book, but rather a book fo great spiritual wisdom. I wouldn't expect you to realise this, of course.

Book, chapter and verse please. It is impossible to address criticism unless you offer context.
The Bible is a book of truth. What is within it, is truth. Its primary goal is to allow us to forge a relationship with God, but God would not do this by telling us a lie. God does not lie. The science contained within it is accurate, so long as one does the obvious thing and consider the limitations and evolution of language.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2015, 05:20:20 PM »
The Bible also says that rabbits (which the KJV translates as "coney") chew their cud, when in fact they do not. Like I said, it is NOT a science book, but rather a book fo great spiritual wisdom. I wouldn't expect you to realise this, of course.

Book, chapter and verse please. It is impossible to address criticism unless you offer context.
The Bible is a book of truth. What is within it, is truth. Its primary goal is to allow us to forge a relationship with God, but God would not do this by telling us a lie. God does not lie. The science contained within it is accurate, so long as one does the obvious thing and consider the limitations and evolution of language.

You aren't that bright. Deuteronomy 14:7 QUOTE-Nevertheless these ye shall not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the cloven hoof; as the camel, and the hare, and the coney: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof; therefore they are unclean unto you.-END QUOTE KJV

Neither the hare nor the coney (rabbit) chew the cud. This verse does not bother me. It appears as though they do. In fact, they do not, but for a Jew 3800 years ago, the appearance was sufficient, and the book is not a science book. Ergo, the appearance was what was at stake. But to say that it actually DOES chew the cud, or ever did, is simply idiotic.

GTG now. I shall be back to torment you later.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:23:50 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Testify

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2015, 05:24:43 PM »
I'm leaving for the day.

Healthy Earth, it is impossible to answer a question I do not understand. I have asked you about this before. I am not sure why you feel the need to make every post in the same baffling format, it is impossible to determine your meaning. You may think you are being clear but I do not share your thought processes so I cannot understand you are saying.
if you are going to ask about part of the Bible, the basic thing to do should be to include the chapter and verse (if it is a specific bit). If it is an aspect of overall Christianity you are asking about, please refer to Christianity. Jihad is a Muslim term, it is very hard to cross-reference. Jihad, too, means multiple things: an internal struggle against sin, or an external war. Jesus was involved in the former and not the latter in the Bible, but I don't know what you could be asking about that.

If you are going to clarify, please do not use images or links to youtube vides. Please use your own words, and please do not simply repeat "The Jihad of Jesus please explain." I do not know what Jihad you are referring to, or what aspect you want explained.
If you simply post more images and youtube links I will ignore you. This is an advance warning so you will be aware of the consequence, and it is entirely your choice what you do.

You aren't that bright. Deuteronomy 14:7 QUOTE-Nevertheless these ye shall not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the cloven hoof; as the camel, and the hare, and the coney: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof; therefore they are unclean unto you.-END QUOTE KJV

Neither the hare nor the coney (rabbit) chew the cud. This verse does not bother me. It appears as though they do. In fact, they do not, but for a Jew 3800 years ago, the appearance was sufficient, and the book is not a science book. Ergo, the appearance was what was at stake. But to say that it actually DOES chew the cud, or ever did, is simply idiotic.
You insult when I ask you to do the most basic thing when asking a question: be clear. Consider why that is. I respond kindly and clearly, and every time you resort to insults.
Chew the cud means something very different. In a certain fashion, rabbits do: 'chewing the cud' is when an animal regurgitates predigested food to chew it again. Rabbits do eat predigested food, it merely goes out the other end first. You are again using human redefinition as an argument against God's word. This is flawed.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2015, 06:36:10 PM »
That is without a doubt the most ridiculous response to the problem I have ever heard. So, the fact that the rabbit eats its own shit means that it chews cud? Your first quote was correct out of Proverbs. Paraphrased, it basically said, never argue with a fool. I am inclined to agree that arguing with you is a bad idea. You can't reinterpret chewing the cud as eating your own shit! Even if doing so is helpful from a nutritional POV, it still does NOT mean the same same thing, and to argue that it does is to play games with English. Chewing the cud means, and has ALWAYS meant, to have a ruminant stomach. It does not mean, and has never meant, to shit and then turn around and eat it. There are separate concepts for that in Hebrew (vs being a ruminant) and there always have been. Moses would have written the difference had he known the difference. The fact is, to HIM it looked as though the Rabbit and the Hare were chewing their cud. That was sufficient for G-d's purpose.

The same is true of Birds vs. Bats. A bat is not, and never has been, a bird. No Jew who has ever looked at the two up close, and then a rat, up close, would ever mistake the the three. But the thing flies, and that was sufficient for G-d's purpose. But Hebrew has always had a distinction between Rodents and Avians. And the fact is the Bat is a Rodent, NOT an Avian. To suggest otherwise, and to suggest that the word has somehow magically redefined itself to suit your pet theories of theology, is simply to make an ass of yourself.

As for calling names, I note that you have quoted Scripture to your purpose (which the devil may do, as well as the saint) to insinuate that I am a fool, in spite of the fact that in two threads now I have made you look a fool. Sounds like one of us has some personal problems. Cans we say the word "transferance"? Try hard now. Trans-fer-ance. Good boy!

Christianity is a perverse faith to begin with, with the whole idea that G-d becomes man. This is blasphemous in and of itself. It is basically idolatry to the extreme. Worshiping a man as G-d is so offensive it cannot even be contemplated. According to Halacha (Jewish Law), the punishment for it is death on the spot, without question. You are merely lucky not to live in a Halachic State, and two that, even if you did, Jews have always given Christians a pass, simply because we know that, however perverse this belief may be, there is still an intent to worship the One True G-d.

And you, with your even stranger ideas to add to the whole thing, make Christianity even more perverted than it already is (if that is even possible to do). You have added another layer of idolatry, namely, bibliolatry, idolatry of the Bible, specifically in its Authorised King James Version. Anyone who claims that the text of the Authorised Version is without error should be arrested, again for the offence of Felony Stupid, and sentenced to Hard Correctional Labour in a Penal Camp for at least five years. Afterword they should be sentenced to lifetime House Arrest and denied use of the phone or Internet so they cannot infect others with this form of Felonious Stupidity.

I have even shown you a couple of the errors IN the Authorised Version, and yet you are still unwise enough to hold to such a primitively, ridiculously, stupid argument. You have issues. Severe ones, that should be checked out by doctors, both on the medical side to make sure you don't have lesions on your brain or something, and mentally, to make sure you are not suffering from mental retardation or some form of mental illness that affects your reasoning capacity. I can recommend very good doctors, psychiatrists, and psychologists if you tell me where you live and it happens to be in the United States.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:02:40 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Testify

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2015, 03:53:33 AM »
That is without a doubt the most ridiculous response to the problem I have ever heard. So, the fact that the rabbit eats its own shit means that it chews cud? Your first quote was correct out of Proverbs. Paraphrased, it basically said, never argue with a fool. I am inclined to agree that arguing with you is a bad idea. You can't reinterpret chewing the cud as eating your own shit! Even if doing so is helpful from a nutritional POV, it still does NOT mean the same same thing, and to argue that it does is to play games with English. Chewing the cud means, and has ALWAYS meant, to have a ruminant stomach. It does not mean, and has never meant, to shit and then turn around and eat it. There are separate concepts for that in Hebrew (vs being a ruminant) and there always have been. Moses would have written the difference had he known the difference. The fact is, to HIM it looked as though the Rabbit and the Hare were chewing their cud. That was sufficient for G-d's purpose.

The same is true of Birds vs. Bats. A bat is not, and never has been, a bird. No Jew who has ever looked at the two up close, and then a rat, up close, would ever mistake the the three. But the thing flies, and that was sufficient for G-d's purpose. But Hebrew has always had a distinction between Rodents and Avians. And the fact is the Bat is a Rodent, NOT an Avian. To suggest otherwise, and to suggest that the word has somehow magically redefined itself to suit your pet theories of theology, is simply to make an ass of yourself.
If the Bible said the sky was blue, and someone rewrote the dictionaries and switched blue and green, would this make the Bible wrong? 'Chew the cud' did not mean anything so technical as you claim when it was used. 'Bird' did not mean anything so technical as you claim when it was used. I find yoru hypocrisy astonishing: your explanation of the bats-and-birds passage was the exact same, and yet it is unacceptable when I state it.
Language changes with time. The fault is not with the writer of a text, it is with the foolish reader who refuses to acknowledge this.

As for calling names, I note that you have quoted Scripture to your purpose (which the devil may do, as well as the saint) to insinuate that I am a fool, in spite of the fact that in two threads now I have made you look a fool. Sounds like one of us has some personal problems. Cans we say the word "transferance"? Try hard now. Trans-fer-ance. Good boy!

Proverbs 12:16 A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame.

I am not the fool.

Christianity is a perverse faith to begin with, with the whole idea that G-d becomes man. This is blasphemous in and of itself. It is basically idolatry to the extreme. Worshiping a man as G-d is so offensive it cannot even be contemplated. According to Halacha (Jewish Law), the punishment for it is death on the spot, without question. You are merely lucky not to live in a Halachic State, and two that, even if you did, Jews have always given Christians a pass, simply because we know that, however perverse this belief may be, there is still an intent to worship the One True G-d.

And you, with your even stranger ideas to add to the whole thing, make Christianity even more perverted than it already is (if that is even possible to do). You have added another layer of idolatry, namely, bibliolatry, idolatry of the Bible, specifically in its Authorised King James Version. Anyone who claims that the text of the Authorised Version is without error should be arrested, again for the offence of Felony Stupid, and sentenced to Hard Correctional Labour in a Penal Camp for at least five years. Afterword they should be sentenced to lifetime House Arrest and denied use of the phone or Internet so they cannot infect others with this form of Felonious Stupidity.
Truth is not blasphemy. God used a man's form: why would this be beyond God's power? He has spoken through man before, and He has manifested in far more humble forms, such as a burning bush. And why is it perverted to state that God would let us understand His word?

I have even shown you a couple of the errors IN the Authorised Version, and yet you are still unwise enough to hold to such a primitively, ridiculously, stupid argument. You have issues. Severe ones, that should be checked out by doctors, both on the medical side to make sure you don't have lesions on your brain or something, and mentally, to make sure you are not suffering from mental retardation or some form of mental illness that affects your reasoning capacity. I can recommend very good doctors, psychiatrists, and psychologists if you tell me where you live and it happens to be in the United States.
You have made false claims in your effort to discredit God's word. This does not mean you have pointed out an error. If you will refuse to accept that they are not errors, merely a result of language changing with time, this is your decision, but it is not truth.

Testify

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2015, 03:56:44 AM »
please , don't deceive me another time , and don't answer me like a politician , a politician don't care about the truth , isn't it so ?

all the informations you asked for are in this very clear video , the chapter , the verse and all that you need to think before you answer me about jesus telling to slay his ennemies in front of him .

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

i wait for your answer .

I do not deceive. I answer questions. You do not pose questions, you expect me to puzzle out your meaning when you are being incredibly ambiguous. You do not need to link to images or videos. Indeed, I specifically asked you not to.
All you need write down is "Please can you explain Luke 19:27?" Why is this difficult? Why is all you do posting whole videos and songs and images?
The explanation is trivial, regardless. It is not Christ talking, he was quoting another in a parable.

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2015, 04:01:45 AM »
Thank you for proving my point. Case closed.  ;D ;D

Testify

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2015, 04:03:22 PM »
luke 19 : 27

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Trivial to kill people ?
No. I did not say anything that could even be remotely construed as that. You are simply ignoring what I said.
Christ did not command that, he was quoting another in a parable. It was not his command.
Ignorance is your choice, but do not lie.

Testify

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2015, 04:22:53 PM »
who was he quoting and where have you seen that , reference , text .

It is Luke 19. It begins below.

Luke 19:11-12 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return...

You are welcome to read the rest. It is known as the Parable of the Ten Minas. It focuses on the topic of serving God: if you do not, you will be damned to Hell. This is the death refered to: Hell is the second death.

Testify

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2015, 03:07:52 AM »
you don't say a parable that you are not in harmony with it  .
if you are in harmony with butchery , there you are .

to hide behind a parable or the word god don't change the facts .
muslims butchers hides behind the word god to kill , they say this is god will and that they serve god by doing that .

I am in harmony with the parable because, by the definition of parable, it is not a literal story. It simply states that those who do not do as God asks will be punished: a punishment likened to a death so that man will understand it.
Your claim about Muslims is a dangerous one. There are extremists everywhere, in every religion, Islam is simply the scapegoat of this time. Not long ago it was communists.

Testify

« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2015, 08:21:28 AM »
I will make it simple for you , because people like you refuse the lie evidence .
So ,
your god is the real god ....
muslims claim to have the one an only god too ,
houston , we have a problem , someone lie , and he do it in the sacred name of love , who is it ?

who of you or muslims lie , can you tell me such a trivial thing without importance at all ?

Why must you preface a query with an insult? I do not ignore evidence: I rely upon it. Not all evidence is equally valid, however. Some come from dishonest sources.
There is a difference between telling a lie, and simply being mistaken or deceived. A 'lie' is a term only to be used in certain situations. It is wholly possible neither Christians nor Muslims lie, generally speaking.

In answer to the question I believe you intend to ask, as to whether what I say, or what a Muslim says, is accurate, why would you listen to my word? Instead, I ask you to ask God. Pray with an open mind and an open heart to know the truth, and you will feel the Holy Spirit come inside you, and you will feel the truth of the Bible be expressed to you.
The Bible is accurate. Nothing I say will serve as evidence of this, however, which is why God has given you the means to verify it for yourself.

Testify

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2015, 09:03:01 AM »
Healthy Earth, if you have anything intelligible or relevant to say, or any further questions, I am here. Your posts are never as clear as you seem to believe. Images and inexplicable songs confuse rather than clarify.

Testify

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2015, 04:38:42 AM »
when the soup is too hot , the politician answer is always on the menu .

Think about it .

You offer nothing to think about. Do not complain about the quality of answer you get, when your 'questions' are songs and images. Why are you unable to simply write down what it is you want to say, without referring to newspaper cartoons and singers?

Testify

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2015, 09:22:18 AM »
You definitely have to remove your blinders , and stop hiding you behind obscur scriptures and see the truth as it is
I do. God is the one that tells us the truth. Scripture is not obscure, it is available to everyone, and if you read it without being influenced by what claimed humans claim to know, it is clear.

in the name of god
Humans sin. This is no surprise.

in the past , ( let's try to find what they may have in common )
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
That is a movie.

And , after seeing the truth , with your great wisdom , tell me if it must stay like that forever .

But if a little piece of life and conciousness still remains in your heart , and you are tired of all these butchery ,

Tell me what is the solution to restore peace in this world

I ask again, what truth? This time you link to open fiction as though it is evidence. Why do you not speak for yourself? Why can you not simply write what it is you believe clearly? I am not the one being obscure he. You persistently and cosntantly refuse to offer any clarity whatsoever.
Humans are sinful creatures. Religion is not to blame for that, we are. People will sin in the name of anything: do not blame the scapegoat, blame man.

Testify

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2015, 06:31:36 AM »
When you have questions that you can actually write, I will answer.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2015, 09:12:12 PM »
Since this has gone from "ask 'bout god" to "ask about the bible's incoherences and I will defend them because I think it is perfect":
Why is the creation account in the bible completelly wrong?
Why does the bible think pi = 3, when even the greeks knew that if the apothemic ratio of a shape is 3, its an hexagon, not a circle (1 Kings 7:23)?
The bible claims that the sky is actually a firmament of metal, tightened to the earth like a tent, with stars sticked on it. This is not the case. Why?
Why does Genesis I and Genesis II have two completelly oposite accounts of the creation?
etc.
They where measuring the inside of the basin just like you would measure the inside if the door frame. The brass was a hand breath think on those things.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2015, 05:30:40 PM »
Since this has gone from "ask 'bout god" to "ask about the bible's incoherences and I will defend them because I think it is perfect":
Why does the bible think pi = 3, when even the greeks knew that if the apothemic ratio of a shape is 3, its an hexagon, not a circle (1 Kings 7:23)?
The bible claims that the sky is actually a firmament of metal, tightened to the earth like a tent, with stars sticked on it. This is not the case. Why?
Why does Genesis I and Genesis II have two completelly oposite accounts of the creation?
etc.
They where measuring the inside of the basin just like you would measure the inside if the door frame. The brass was a hand breath think on those things.
Doesnt dismiss the fact that the ratio given is not coherent with a circle, but a hexagon. But it was described as a circular basin.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2015, 06:38:28 PM »
etc.
Doesnt dismiss the fact that the ratio given is not coherent with a circle, but a hexagon. But it was described as a circular basin.
Double the handbreath (since there's a handbreath on each side of the circle) and use the cubit (elbow to fingertip) and do the formula for a circle and its perfect the way it is.

Conker

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2015, 09:45:50 AM »
etc.
Double the handbreath (since there's a handbreath on each side of the circle) and use the cubit (elbow to fingertip) and do the formula for a circle and its perfect the way it is.

Its not. The measures are internal. It not like it is any important, but to claim the bible is ALL correct is dumb

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2015, 02:34:15 PM »
Genesis 2:4-5 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,
And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

The plants and shrubs had been created, but could not flourish or truly grow until man existed to tend to them.
Oh, so God created the plant class, but didnt instance it. Then why did he plant.create()? That's just shitty OOP, man.

I believe in God because I have prayed, and felt His Holy Spirit. You may do the same, if you honestly wish to seke the truth.
So I can only know whether God exists or not if I believe he exists? Besides, every other religion gives me the same speech. What benefits does your God grant me, compared to, for example, Ahura Mazda?

You have been misled by the demons who seek to draw people from God's path.
Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claim?

They are the cause of the lies that make people doubt His truth: the flat world, the dome of sky.
Sure, why not.

I didn't know you were a programmer! Nice to know that there's at least one other person here who actually knows about programming.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2015, 02:40:16 PM »
So you either subscribe to the theory of lastfridaynism (meaning that god created an aged universe, for some reason), you believe in a tuner god like the Intelligent Design crowd do (life evolved via the mechanisms we know, but was supervised by god) or... (continue reading). I personally don't find anything specifically idiotic about this two, they are just beliefs, designed to be untestifyiable and unfalsafiable, so they are not science. As belief systems? Fine by me, as long as no one tries to pass them as science. The other missing posibility is that you think that, while all evidence points against it, you believe in the christian creation myth. Why would anyone do that mindboggles me.
I believe God does not lie: the story He tells us is accurate. Demons try to draw us away from it, but it remains true. You have been conditioned to believe it unlikely, but it is not so: God knows far more of the world than a mortal.

I still dont understand your usage of "Randomness". What do you mean by that?
Randomness is an ungoverned process. Nature only produces randomness, even if that randomness is subject to certain laws. Life forming relationships that fit together like puzzle pieces is nonsensical. Either evolution would make great changes which we should observe, or it makes changes too small to make a difference because they would vanish as much as continue, because  the process is governed by randomness.

I know, but as I said, that definition is the assumption of the argument, not the conclusion. In other words, you just chose that definition, but neither you or Anselm have proven it.
It is not an assumption: it is a concept that is tested. If there exists such a being, it is God. God exists, so there is such a being.

Who do I pray to? Ahura Mazda? The Great Juju up the mountain? All gnostic religions ever (like catholicism) claim that I can know the truth if I follow their steps, and all agnostic ones claim that I can know their deity by following their commands. Who do I believe? Did you prayed to Ahura Mazda? Because Mr.Prophet here claims he didnt, but he doesnt need to, because he has found the truth of The triumphant, Broad end of all, Lord-Master of the Universe, Incomprehensible by anyone, Comprehensible of all, Reason of reasons.

Pray to know the truth. You do not need to pray to a deity by name; God would not only inspire faith in those that already have it. God wishes all to come to Him. If you ask with an open heart and an open mind to know the truth, to know whether He or any creature is real, His Holy Spirit will cme to you and you will know.

There is no such thing as randomness. Everything can be predicted given enough information.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2015, 04:05:00 PM »
etc.

Its not. The measures are internal. It not like it is any important, but to claim the bible is ALL correct is dumb
That's what I've been saying but didnt said it properly. And it's up to you to prove the Bible wrong since the text can't defend itself.

Conker

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2015, 10:17:49 AM »
So you either subscribe to the theory of lastfridaynism (meaning that god created an aged universe, for some reason), you believe in a tuner god like the Intelligent Design crowd do (life evolved via the mechanisms we know, but was supervised by god) or... (continue reading). I personally don't find anything specifically idiotic about this two, they are just beliefs, designed to be untestifyiable and unfalsafiable, so they are not science. As belief systems? Fine by me, as long as no one tries to pass them as science. The other missing posibility is that you think that, while all evidence points against it, you believe in the christian creation myth. Why would anyone do that mindboggles me.
I believe God does not lie: the story He tells us is accurate. Demons try to draw us away from it, but it remains true. You have been conditioned to believe it unlikely, but it is not so: God knows far more of the world than a mortal.

I still dont understand your usage of "Randomness". What do you mean by that?
Randomness is an ungoverned process. Nature only produces randomness, even if that randomness is subject to certain laws. Life forming relationships that fit together like puzzle pieces is nonsensical. Either evolution would make great changes which we should observe, or it makes changes too small to make a difference because they would vanish as much as continue, because  the process is governed by randomness.

I know, but as I said, that definition is the assumption of the argument, not the conclusion. In other words, you just chose that definition, but neither you or Anselm have proven it.
It is not an assumption: it is a concept that is tested. If there exists such a being, it is God. God exists, so there is such a being.

Who do I pray to? Ahura Mazda? The Great Juju up the mountain? All gnostic religions ever (like catholicism) claim that I can know the truth if I follow their steps, and all agnostic ones claim that I can know their deity by following their commands. Who do I believe? Did you prayed to Ahura Mazda? Because Mr.Prophet here claims he didnt, but he doesnt need to, because he has found the truth of The triumphant, Broad end of all, Lord-Master of the Universe, Incomprehensible by anyone, Comprehensible of all, Reason of reasons.

Pray to know the truth. You do not need to pray to a deity by name; God would not only inspire faith in those that already have it. God wishes all to come to Him. If you ask with an open heart and an open mind to know the truth, to know whether He or any creature is real, His Holy Spirit will cme to you and you will know.

There is no such thing as randomness. Everything can be predicted given enough information.

That is not (EDIT: necesarilly) true. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_theorem

sircool

• flat, round, whatever throats your goat
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2015, 09:12:31 AM »
If god is all good and loving, why did he create parasites? I'm thinking especially of this worm that can only survive by eating the eyes of little childeren from the inside out, only to nest inside and lay offspring. My first thought was that the world could actually be a better place whitout this worm, don't you agree?
If it's flat, that would be very interesting for science

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2015, 09:14:18 AM »
If god is all good and loving, why did he create parasites? I'm thinking especially of this worm that can only survive by eating the eyes of little childeren from the inside out, only to nest inside and lay offspring. My first thought was that the world could actually be a better place whitout this worm, don't you agree?
It wouldn't be better for the worm.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

Conker

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2015, 10:08:15 AM »
He could change or create the worm in such a way that its reproduction requires no external suffering. Many worms reproduce without the need of a host.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »
He could change or create the worm in such a way that its reproduction requires no external suffering. Many worms reproduce without the need of a host.
Then it wouldn't be the same worm.
I'm not saying I necessarily believe this, but it's a very human-centric viewpoint: if there's a God, there's no reason to think our comfort would be prioritized over the life of that worm.

Conker

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »
I'm not saying I necessarily believe this, but it's a very human-centric viewpoint: if there's a God, there's no reason to think our comfort would be prioritized over the life of that worm.
You are right, but a God that, given the choice of doing worms a particular way, and creating them in a diferent way that causes no harm, and does the former, is not a prefectly good and loving God. And dont tell me "Oh, but maybe the consequences were worse", because God, being omnipotent, can counter every possible consequence. Omnniscience and Omnipotency, a world where pain exists, and a perfectly good and loving God are incompatible. At least one of this must be false.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2015, 11:02:54 AM »
You are right, but a God that, given the choice of doing worms a particular way, and creating them in a diferent way that causes no harm, and does the former, is not a prefectly good and loving God. And dont tell me "Oh, but maybe the consequences were worse", because God, being omnipotent, can counter every possible consequence. Omnniscience and Omnipotency, a world where pain exists, and a perfectly good and loving God are incompatible. At least one of this must be false.
Omnipotence isn't that clear cut: can God create a rock so heavy even he acnnot lift it? If something is ultimately impossible (and you don't know for certain that this isn't the best of all possible worlds) it's easy to define a God that can't do that which is logically impossible. And if you let God create a rock so heavy he can't lift it, then he can perform logical contardictions, and so can be loving while still doing what you say. Omnipotence is a source of fun paradoxes, more than logical deduction.

The real crux is: what is loving? Maybe he's being particularly loving to the worm, giving it a perfect host: maybe the pain is important, maybe it doesn't register.

sircool

• flat, round, whatever throats your goat
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2015, 12:44:27 AM »
Omnipotence isn't that clear cut: can God create a rock so heavy even he acnnot lift it? If something is ultimately impossible (and you don't know for certain that this isn't the best of all possible worlds) it's easy to define a God that can't do that which is logically impossible. And if you let God create a rock so heavy he can't lift it, then he can perform logical contardictions, and so can be loving while still doing what you say. Omnipotence is a source of fun paradoxes, more than logical deduction.

The real crux is: what is loving? Maybe he's being particularly loving to the worm, giving it a perfect host: maybe the pain is important, maybe it doesn't register.

Maybe he did or maybe this is pure speculation. All I know is that in the bible god says he create the universe purely for mankind. Why would he do that if he loved the worm so much?
If it's flat, that would be very interesting for science