Total lunar eclipse September 27

• 52 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Total lunar eclipse September 27
« on: September 23, 2015, 11:27:50 AM »
On September 27 a total lunar eclipse will occur. In fact, it will be a special one, as the moon will be on its perigee, meaning that it will be closer to the Earth than normal, and it will appear slightly larger. Quite a fortunate coincidence. Flat earthers can theorize about their shadow object all they want, and, meanwhile, I will be laughing at them, knowing what actually causes the eclipse. Juuuuuust thought people who didn't already know it will find it interesting.

PS: Some of you may have been wondering where I have gone, since I've been completely absent from this forum for a while. Well, the truth is that I kinda got bored. It started getting a bit repetitive. Flat earthers really have to up their game a little bit. Besides, the more I stayed, the more certain I became for the spherical nature of the Earth. You really are doing the opposite of what you want to do.

Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Testify

• In the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
Re: Total lunar eclipse September 27
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 11:53:32 AM »
There is no shadow object. The moon is the Star of Bethlehem, representing Jesus Christ. The periodic 'lunar eclipse' is a homage to the Atonement, wherein it becomes stained red with blood. This was the darkness referred to in the Bible.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 01:19:57 PM »
There is no shadow object. The moon is the Star of Bethlehem, representing Jesus Christ. The periodic 'lunar eclipse' is a homage to the Atonement, wherein it becomes stained red with blood. This was the darkness referred to in the Bible.

Red is the colour of the devil therefore the moon is the devil.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Testify

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 01:26:07 PM »

Red is the color of blood. Hollywood is not an accurate depiction of the Devil.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 04:40:55 AM »

Red is the color of blood. Hollywood is not an accurate depiction of the Devil.

Right, Hollywood is the real media skewing the image of religion.

I lol'd.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 02:03:57 PM »

Yeah, whatever you say. And I am a flying cow. I guess it's the same for partial eclipses as well. I'm sure you also have a crazy theory for solar eclipses, could you share it with us?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Testify

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 03:01:16 PM »

Yeah, whatever you say. And I am a flying cow. I guess it's the same for partial eclipses as well. I'm sure you also have a crazy theory for solar eclipses, could you share it with us?

Yes, it is similar: all the celestial objects are angels, fallen angels, or related to the trinity. Solar eclipses symbolize the darkness at the Atonement, Christ rising to God's Heaven.

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 03:43:03 PM »

Yes, it is similar: all the celestial objects are angels, fallen angels, or related to the trinity. Solar eclipses symbolize the darkness at the Atonement, Christ rising to God's Heaven.

I guess Saturn is an angel, because it has a halo.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 03:46:02 PM by Swiftly Tilting Planet »

Testify

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 04:02:12 PM »

I guess Saturn is an angel, because it has a halo.

Saturn is the archangel Michael, gifted the Holy Prepuce (the 'rings') as a shield against the powers of Lucifer and the fallen for when he will do battle. Leo Allatius was the first to state this of the rings (De Praeputio Domini Nostri Jesu Christi Diatriba), it is not my idea.

chtwrone

• Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2015, 06:45:56 PM »

Just to confirm your understanding of what occurs during a solar eclipse, do you acknowledge that the sun's light is obscured by the moon passing in front of the sun?

Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again.

Testify

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 02:44:42 AM »

Just to confirm your understanding of what occurs during a solar eclipse, do you acknowledge that the sun's light is obscured by the moon passing in front of the sun?

Approximately. It is also Christ choosing with withhold his light so he does not shine.

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 03:42:17 AM »
I'm a bit confused. For the past 5 days here in Australia . The moon has been visible in  the sky during the day .  I'v looked on a few sky watch US sites & their talking about veiwing a night time moon on the same days . Explain  RE,ers how that can be.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

chtwrone

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 04:50:53 AM »
I'm a bit confused. For the past 5 days here in Australia . The moon has been visible in  the sky during the day .  I'v looked on a few sky watch US sites & their talking about veiwing a night time moon on the same days . Explain  RE,ers how that can be.

You do realise that because the moon may be in a position to be viewed for a period of 10 hours or more, that some of that time may be during the day when the sun is still up, and the rest of the time it is still in view after the sun has set?

This is a no-brainer, but why am I not surprised that you don't get it, lol.

Anybody who actually thinks the sun is only 3000 miles above the earth's surface obviously doesn't have a clue about just about everything, lol.

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2015, 05:22:38 AM »

Anybody who actually thinks the sun is only 3000 miles above the earth's surface obviously doesn't have a clue about just about everything, lol.

This is exactly how I feel about people that think the Moon Landing actually happened.

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2015, 06:16:57 AM »

You do realise that because the moon may be in a position to be viewed for a period of 10 hours or more, that some of that time may be during the day when the sun is still up, and the rest of the time it is still in view after the sun has set?

Thats not an explanation for why l'm seeing the mòon from 10 am this morning in the eastern sky & still seeing its now 11.07 pm above & northly . Yet it  is being see in the US at the same time .  Tell me how that is possible with your spherical rotating earth model. How is it being seen in the US at the same time.?
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 08:24:01 AM »

Thats not an explanation for why l'm seeing the mòon from 10 am this morning in the eastern sky & still seeing its now 11.07 pm above & northly . Yet it  is being see in the US at the same time .  Tell me how that is possible with your spherical rotating earth model. How is it being seen in the US at the same time.?
Are you sure you saw the Moon in the east at 10 AM the morning of Saturday, Sept 26, 2015 Melbourne, Victoria, Australia time? You are in or near Melbourne, right? Did anyone else see it mid-morning when you think you did? Are you remembering from maybe a week ago when the Moon was rising in the east at mid morning?

The Moon is waxing and nearly full right now, so it rose a couple of hours before the Sun set Saturday evening, culminates a bit before midnight (consistent with your 11:07 PM observation), and sets an hour or two before sunrise Sunday morning. It wasn't above the horizon in mid-morning. It will rise tomorrow about an hour before sunset according to weatherzone.

Has anyone complained to weatherzone, or the newspaper (presuming they publish this and it agrees with the others), that their almanac is wacked?

At 11:07 PM Australian EST, it was 8:07 AM US CDT, and the Moon wasn't up here. It might have been visible, setting, on the West Coast, and certainly would have been visible in Hawaii.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2015, 08:59:23 AM »

I think you've had a few too many and the DT's have set in,  The moon was just coming up tonight as I was driving home at about 6pm  ( in Victoria )   Not sure when it sets, but  I can still see it in the west.

Whatever you saw at 10 am,  wasn't the moon.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2015, 09:40:34 AM »

I think you've had a few too many and the DT's have set in,  The moon was just coming up tonight as I was driving home at about 6pm  ( in Victoria )   Not sure when it sets, but  I can still see it in the west.

Perhaps Charles lives in such a fog that he can't tell the difference between the moon and the sun.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 12:16:38 PM »
I'll be watching this eclipse. It's at the 28th here in sweden.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2015, 03:06:22 PM »

You lying phucken low life  dog , the moon was visable from 10am & there was no cloud  to obscure the veiw.
Nothing  scum like you say is truthful  .  The sooner they bring back hanging for you lying phuckers the better.

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2015, 01:14:55 AM »
The moon today has been visable in the eastern sky since 4.45 pm here in central victoria. Its 6.11pm . Could some one in the USA step out side  & confirm if the moon is visable over there. & the time .It would help settle this matter.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:16:46 AM by charles bloomington »

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 02:05:11 AM »
Razor , it states for melbourne & victoria on the 28th of September 2015 . There will be a fullmoon at 12.50 pm
Thats day time!!!!!!. . Well that all seems normal.  Why back when I was a youngster . We couldnt what for daytime so we could get a look at the moon. Yer right  ::)

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2015, 02:41:20 AM »
The moon today has been visable in the eastern sky since 4.45 pm here in central victoria. Its 6.11pm . Could some one in the USA step out side  & confirm if the moon is visable over there. & the time .It would help settle this matter.

It probably is visible in their western sky at that time due to refraction. It would be about to set. This all works out on a round earth.

EDIT: Actually, when looking at some timezone maps I realized that Australian eastern sky would be US overhead sky. So the moon would be closer to being overhead in the US.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:49:11 AM by Master_Evar »

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2015, 02:56:21 AM »
Razor , it states for melbourne & victoria on the 28th of September 2015 . There will be a fullmoon at 12.50 pm
Thats day time!!!!!!. . Well that all seems normal.  Why back when I was a youngster . We couldnt what for daytime so we could get a look at the moon. Yer right  ::)

The full moon occurs at agiven time and may or may not be visible depending upon your location on the Earth. Australia will not be able to see the Lunar eclipse at all, whilst Europe will have the best position.

[http://c.tadst.com/gfx/eclipses2/20150928/path-760.png
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2015, 03:01:14 AM »

The full moon occurs at agiven time and may or may not be visible depending upon your location on the Earth. Australia will not be able to see the Lunar eclipse at all, whilst Europe will have the best position.

[http://c.tadst.com/gfx/eclipses2/20150928/path-760.png

Yup. Hopefully it'll be a blood moon as well. It'll be early in the morning, 4.10 am here in sweden.

@charles, Due to refraction both the sun and the moon appears to be higher in the sky than they actually are, and therefore closer to each other than they actually are. This is why you can see a full moon during day time.

When in doubt; sources!

chtwrone

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2015, 03:01:59 AM »

If you google ' can you see a full moon during the day' your answer will be found on many different websites.

You do know how to do a google search don't you?

If you wanted an answer to your question, why haven't you done this search already?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2015, 05:07:17 AM »

I've been in Geelong for the day,  but I can confirm that the moon was visible  about 6:00 pm,  If we had a clear view it would have been earlier.  So now what you are saying agrees with what I said yesterday, there is NO way you could have seen the moon Friday morning at 10:00am.

So who's the low down lying scum now,   you owe me an apology.   

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:13:32 AM by Rayzor »

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2015, 05:40:00 AM »

I've been in Geelong for the day,  but I can confirm that the moon was visible  about 6:00 pm,  If we had a clear view it would have been earlier.  So now what you are saying agrees with what I said yesterday, there is NO way you could have seen the moon Friday morning at 10:00am.

I stand by 10.00 am . I was with company at the time . They actually pointed it out . Fullmoon 12.50 pm. 28th September 2015 .melb & victoria . What will the moon be doing in the USA ? & how can we be seeing it at the same moment the USA is ?.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2015, 05:50:39 AM »

I stand by 10.00 am . I was with company at the time . They actually pointed it out . Fullmoon 12.50 pm. 28th September 2015 .melb & victoria . What will the moon be doing in the USA ? & how can we be seeing it at the same moment the USA is ?.

Whatever you saw wasn't the moon,   you said as much yourself

http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/australia/melbourne

Moonrise tomorrow  ( full moon ) is at  6:34 PM  AEST    Today it was  5:21PM .     

Where are you getting this 12:50 PM time from,  the moon won't even be up in Australia at that time.

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2015, 06:44:00 AM »

Whatever you saw wasn't the moon,   you said as much yourself

http://www.timeanddate.com/moon/australia/melbourne

Moonrise tomorrow  ( full moon ) is at  6:34 PM  AEST    Today it was  5:21PM .     

Where are you getting this 12:50 PM time from,  the moon won't even be up in Australia at that time.
http://museumvictoria.com.au/planetarium/discoverycentre/moon-phases/moon-phases-2015/
Top of the page of your link fullmoon 28th 12.50 pm moonset 5.54 am