ABSOLUTELY IRREFUTABLE ARGUMENT AGAINST THE FLATNESS OF THE EARTH

• 141 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
ABSOLUTELY IRREFUTABLE ARGUMENT AGAINST THE FLATNESS OF THE EARTH
« on: September 22, 2015, 06:40:44 PM »
Ok,  here is the challenge for flat earthers.  If the earth is in fact flat,  then there must be an edge.   

We know that it's not at the South Pole,  so it must be somewhere else?   

Where is the edge?

A map showing the location would be acceptable,   pictures would be better.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

tappet

Re: ABSOLUTELY IRREFUTABLE ARGUMENT AGAINST THE FLATNESS OF THE EARTH
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 01:10:10 AM »
Ok,  here is the challenge for flat earthers.  If the earth is in fact flat,  then there must be an edge.   

Where is the edge?

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Its obvious you are new here as your question has been answered many times in the past.
To help you on your journey I suggest researching posts by chap who calls himself sceptimatic. I remember some time back he helped a fellow by the name of ausGeoff understand how it works and once Geoff understood he has had no need to return to this forum. Shame really Geoff seemed like a nice fellow.
Anyhow hope you hang around a while, cheers.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 02:59:03 AM by tappet »

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 01:25:17 AM »

Where is the edge?

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
Its obvious your new here as your question has been answered many times in the past.
To help you on your journey I suggest researching posts by chap who calls himself sceptimatic. I remember some time back he helped a fellow by the name of ausGeoff understand how it works and once Geoff understood he has had no need to return to this forum. Shame really Geoff seemed like a nice fellow.
Anyhow hope you hang around a while, cheers.

The question has only been answered with long-ago refuted answers. You have yet to provide a proper irrefutable answer.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 04:41:01 AM »
.....    crickets ..... 

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 05:07:21 AM »
Playing the devils advocate here.

But there really does not need to be an edge on a hypothesised flat earth.
The realities of a flat earth are skewed enough that the plane could extend forever in the same way that the universe extends forever (as far as we can tell)

I just says nothing about the south pole or ice walls though.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 05:11:28 AM »
Playing the devils advocate here.

But there really does not need to be an edge on a hypothesised flat earth.
The realities of a flat earth are skewed enough that the plane could extend forever in the same way that the universe extends forever (as far as we can tell)

I just says nothing about the south pole or ice walls though.

Then, edge as in edge of observed earth. Where does our observations end?

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

• In the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 05:17:12 AM »
Just because you are deceived into believing there is not an edge there, does not mean there is no border to the Earth.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 05:18:15 AM »
Just because you are deceived into believing there is not an edge there, does not mean there is no border to the Earth.

Where is it, was the question.

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 05:39:25 AM »

At what you call the South Pole.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 05:42:16 AM »

Where in the south pole? And how do you know? No one who has been to the south pole has seen an edge. The south pole has been thoroughly explored as well.

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 05:56:26 AM »

Where in the south pole? And how do you know? No one who has been to the south pole has seen an edge. The south pole has been thoroughly explored as well.

"Just because you are deceived into believing there is not an edge there, does not mean there is no border to the Earth."

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 06:09:53 AM »

"Just because you are deceived into believing there is not an edge there, does not mean there is no border to the Earth."

Sure, whatever. But can you answer the question anytime soon?

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 06:42:18 AM »

Would you care to specify what question? I have answered all those I have seen.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 09:10:31 AM »

Would you care to specify what question? I have answered all those I have seen.

I guess that you are blind then.

Where is the edge?

Care to answer the very obvious question?

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 09:11:32 AM »

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 09:18:39 AM »

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 09:21:09 AM »

I don't know the location to the metre, and even if I did I have no way of explaining that to you because you falsely believe it to be an island. I know because of God's word, I believe this is obvious.
As for the rest:

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 09:55:34 AM »

I don't know the location to the metre, and even if I did I have no way of explaining that to you because you falsely believe it to be an island. I know because of God's word, I believe this is obvious.
As for the rest:

I am not asking you to give us the exact coordinates. But the south pole is a large place. It's like saying "it's in europe" or "it's in the US". It's too vague for an answer. Give us a rough position on a map or something.

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 09:59:02 AM »

As for the rest:

I am not asking you to give us the exact coordinates. But the south pole is a large place. It's like saying "it's in europe" or "it's in the US". It's too vague for an answer. Give us a rough position on a map or something.

What map would you like? It would be impossible to point to it on a globular map because your map of the South Pole is wrong and bears no relationship to reality and so cannot be used. It would be very easy to point to it on a disc map, and you wouldn't need my help.

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 10:00:21 AM »
Technically all of the ground could be considered an edge depending on your perspective. We know on this side of the Earth we are safe, going beyond the continent of Antarctica you might walk off into space, the same as if you were able to dig a tunnel straight to the bottom of the Earth and fall into space. Aside from the restrictions and astronomical cost of the expedition, the serious potential for danger is why so many are reluctant to photograph the edge you are referring to.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:04:08 AM by Serulian »

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 11:39:01 AM »

As for the rest:

What map would you like? It would be impossible to point to it on a globular map because your map of the South Pole is wrong and bears no relationship to reality and so cannot be used. It would be very easy to point to it on a disc map, and you wouldn't need my help.

Any map that you like. As long as it is readable, and it gives a name of the site/area. Or a direction to there from a named site/area.

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 11:51:59 AM »

As for the rest:

Any map that you like. As long as it is readable, and it gives a name of the site/area. Or a direction to there from a named site/area.

Here is a map
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/Azimuthal_equidistant_projection_SW.jpg
You may reach the edge by heading South/outwards from South America, Africa, Oceania...
There are no names, but I'm sure you know what those continents are called.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 12:07:49 PM »

As for the rest:

Here is a map
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/Azimuthal_equidistant_projection_SW.jpg
You may reach the edge by heading South/outwards from South America, Africa, Oceania...

According to that map, the edge would be at the area around Amundsen Scott station, however that area has been thoroughly explored and there is no signs of any edge there. Do you have any source for why you know the edge is there, or are you deliberately spreading misinformation, or was it just a guess?

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 12:25:45 PM »

As for the rest:

Here is a map

According to that map, the edge would be at the area around Amundsen Scott station, however that area has been thoroughly explored and there is no signs of any edge there. Do you have any source for why you know the edge is there, or are you deliberately spreading misinformation, or was it just a guess?
As I have said before, "Just because you are deceived into believing there is not an edge there, does not mean there is no border to the Earth."

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 01:57:32 PM »

As for the rest:

Here is a map

As I have said before, "Just because you are deceived into believing there is not an edge there, does not mean there is no border to the Earth."

Yeah yeah, whatever. Care to stay on topic and give a proper answer to the question?

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 02:11:59 PM »
Yeah yeah, whatever. Care to stay on topic and give a proper answer to the question?
I have several times. Please tell me what is wrong with the answer I have given. You have done nothing except repeat the same question. If my answer is not enough, please tell me why.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 02:40:12 PM »
I have several times. Please tell me what is wrong with the answer I have given. You have done nothing except repeat the same question. If my answer is not enough, please tell me why.

The question is, as it has been this whole time;

Where is the edge?

When in doubt; sources!

Testify

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 02:50:57 PM »

Where is the edge?

I have answered this several times. I have answered the question, I have responded to your objection, and I have done all of this twice now. Just because you believe the South Pole to be explored does not mean it is. Just because you are deceived into believing there is not an edge there, does not make it true. The edge is at what you term the South Pole. There is no station, and no thorough exploration.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 09:46:35 PM »

Where is the edge?

I have answered this several times. I have answered the question, I have responded to your objection, and I have done all of this twice now. Just because you believe the South Pole to be explored does not mean it is. Just because you are deceived into believing there is not an edge there, does not make it true. The edge is at what you term the South Pole. There is no station, and no thorough exploration.

No, you never answered to my objection. You posted some incoherent off-topic rambling, but you have not answered to my objection. And since your answer to the question is refuted by my objection your answer is false, and therefore you have not correctly answered the question.

When in doubt; sources!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 10:11:05 PM »
There are stations on Antarctica, we know this because people go there.
http://www.sanap.ac.za/sanap_sanae/sanap_sanae.html This is the link to my country's base. Many countries support bases in Antarctica.

On a flat earth the "horizon" would appear as a haze in the distance. But im sure if twist physics enough anything is possible beyond the poles.

Why should anyone believe what you say if you can not provide any evidence of anything?
BTW, the "anti-christ" would know the Bible better than anyone, how do you differentiate yourself from the "anti-christ" if all you do is quote the bible?

If you move fast enough, everything appears flat