What is the Sun?

• 29 Replies
What is the Sun?
« on: September 18, 2015, 11:44:40 AM »
Hi all!

I'm still in the process of developing my FE model. Can anyone provide me a summation of FE explanations for the Sun?
I'm happy to just be linked to threads where the topic is discussed: the search site on this site is abysmal, and with my already slow internet, unusable.
However, if you have more time, please do type out explanations, especially if you can list strengths and weaknesses of those proposals. (And yes, round Earthers, that is an invitation for you to poke holes in the models: I've seen the moderation in this section be harsh on that, but part of my question is to know the weaknesses as well as the strengths).

Thank you!
Here for the scientific development of a Flat Earth model. Happy to be proven wrong, as I hope you are too.

Re: What is the Sun?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 07:21:26 PM »
Regarding your request for FE explanations for the FE model of sun.
Which of the following do you mean:
1. The single official FE model of the sun.
2. Any other serious FE models of the sun that have been discussed/debated by the FE Society.
3. Alternative models of the sun wether FE related or not, that could perhaps be incorporated into FE theory.
Thanks.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 12:19:25 AM »
Regarding your request for FE explanations for the FE model of sun.
Which of the following do you mean:
1. The single official FE model of the sun.
2. Any other serious FE models of the sun that have been discussed/debated by the FE Society.
3. Alternative models of the sun wether FE related or not, that could perhaps be incorporated into FE theory.
Thanks.
I'm happy to hear of any proposed or conceived-of models. There is little consensus on a lot of aspects of the FE model, so I doubt there is a single official model.
Here for the scientific development of a Flat Earth model. Happy to be proven wrong, as I hope you are too.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 02:52:29 AM »
The sun is that little ball of fire in the sky.  It looks tiny from Earth but don't let that fool you... it's actually huge, like 30 miles across!  It only looks tiny because it is very far away, about 3000 miles.  You can see it for yourself on a clear day, but I wouldn't recommend looking at it for too long.  Please note that if you think you are seeing the sun at night, it is probably the moon.  But that's a whole nother topic.

The sun orbits the Celestial Hub roughly above the equator.  Between the spring and autumn equinoxes its orbit narrows a bit and during the reverse period it widens, and that's why we have seasons.

Many people conceive of the sun as something of a spotlight, but it only appears to have this effect because of the warping of light caused by electromagnetic acceleration.  It is my opinion that the warped shape of the sun's light over the area of the Earth is not a perfect circle due to the same effect.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 03:10:52 AM by Roundy the Truthinessist »
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 11:39:36 AM »

Thank you for the answer, but my main query was about what it actually is: the materials that compose it ideally but, at the very least, the means by which it shines. I've seen ideas spanning from fusion, to friction, to a light bulb.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 07:57:43 PM »
My hypothesis is that the sun is made of nearly pure phlogiston.   

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 01:30:05 AM »

Thank you for the answer, but my main query was about what it actually is

Oh, well then consider your question answered.  It's pretty plainly a ball of fire.  Or possibly of disk of fire.  As to what powers it, it would seem likely that it's some form of nuclear fusion, although of course we don't understand it fully yet.  Perhaps the particles that keep it fueled just routinely appear out of nowhere, as I have been led to understand by Leonard Krauss is a phenomenon theoretical physicists now take for granted.

Yendor

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 10:04:08 AM »
From what I've read I believe I lean towards The Electric Sun theory (also Electric Star theory, and Electric Sun Model and Electric Sun Hypothesis) is the idea that the Sun (and stars) derives the main sources of its power electrically from its surroundings, rather than from within by nuclear fusion (the mainstream view).
The Electric Sun is often attributed to a 1972 article by Ralph Juergens,[1] who acknowledges priority to a 1958 Melvin Cook monograph, and inspiration from Immanuel Velikovsky's 1946 monograph, Cosmos Without Gravitation (though Velikovsky himself did not endorse it). Others who have continued to research and promote the Electron Sun theory include Wal Thornhill, and Don Scott.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 10:56:42 AM »
Quote from: Roundy
Oh, well then consider your question answered.  It's pretty plainly a ball of fire.  Or possibly of disk of fire.  As to what powers it, it would seem likely that it's some form of nuclear fusion, although of course we don't understand it fully yet.  Perhaps the particles that keep it fueled just routinely appear out of nowhere, as I have been led to understand by Leonard Krauss is a phenomenon theoretical physicists now take for granted.
Thank you for the answer. I did consider the fusion model previously, though I was wary due to the reduced size, and subsequent difficulties. My current hypothesis would predict hydrogen and helium exerting a greater gravitational pull, however, so such a model could stay together. The idea of vacuum fluctuations as a cause is an interesting one, and one I will need to consider.

Quote from: Yendor
From what I've read I believe I lean towards The Electric Sun theory (also Electric Star theory, and Electric Sun Model and Electric Sun Hypothesis) is the idea that the Sun (and stars) derives the main sources of its power electrically from its surroundings, rather than from within by nuclear fusion (the mainstream view).
The Electric Sun is often attributed to a 1972 article by Ralph Juergens,[1] who acknowledges priority to a 1958 Melvin Cook monograph, and inspiration from Immanuel Velikovsky's 1946 monograph, Cosmos Without Gravitation (though Velikovsky himself did not endorse it). Others who have continued to research and promote the Electron Sun theory include Wal Thornhill, and Don Scott.
Thank you also, especially for those sources. I'm somewhat wary of the plasma cloud model I've seen referred to after a little research, though it could be true (but would probably be falsified if my test to determine whether space travel is a lie comes up implying it happened). I'll have to read a lot more on those people.

Yendor

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 12:35:22 PM »
Quote from: Roundy
Thank you for the answer. I did consider the fusion model previously, though I was wary due to the reduced size, and subsequent difficulties. My current hypothesis would predict hydrogen and helium exerting a greater gravitational pull, however, so such a model could stay together. The idea of vacuum fluctuations as a cause is an interesting one, and one I will need to consider.

Quote from: Yendor
Thank you also, especially for those sources. I'm somewhat wary of the plasma cloud model I've seen referred to after a little research, though it could be true (but would probably be falsified if my test to determine whether space travel is a lie comes up implying it happened). I'll have to read a lot more on those people.

This is a good video by Don Scott about the electric sun.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 01:48:37 PM »
I believe the Sun to be composed of an element or elements unknown to modern science. I believe this material does not require oxygen for combustion and reacts differently when in contact with other elements. I believe this material goes through advanced stages of combustion as well as stages of dormancy when certain unknown conditions are met.

I believe this "Fire" inside the sun is (In a lesser degree) the same fire deep within our Earth. On Earth, in contact with the rocks and soil I believe it produces magma during stages of activity.   

I also believe that our Sun is dying. I will have more to post on that subject soon, though I could be wrong and it might be that our Sun too is preparing for a stage of dormancy or lesser activity.

Yendor

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 02:08:45 PM »
This video is a good source about the plasma and the electric sun. It is quite lengthy, however the part about the sun begins at 34:20 min. in till 43:17 min. I find it very interesting.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
                              George Orwell

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 05:29:19 PM »

Define phlogiston please.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 06:31:26 AM »
The phlogiston theory is an obsolete scientific theory that postulated a fire-like element called phlogiston is contained within combustible bodies and released during combustion. The name comes from the Ancient Greek φλογιστόν phlogistón (burning up), from φλόξ phlóx (flame).

Testify

• In the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 11:07:06 AM »
The Sun is the light of God and of Heaven, overlooking and shining down over our Earth. Looking for an explanation in terms of chemicals and radiation is never going to be successful.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

chtwrone

• Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 02:24:33 PM »

Lol, nobody gives a toss what your hypothesis is about the sun's composition, as it's just another piece of shit that you've made up - pure fantasy, that you're naive enough to think that anybody would remotely take it seriously.

If you want to know for sure what the sun is, click on the following link -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun

Any problems with the information contained within the link?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:27:09 PM by chtwrone »
Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again.

chtwrone

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 02:32:33 PM »
The Sun is the light of God and of Heaven, overlooking and shining down over our Earth. Looking for an explanation in terms of chemicals and radiation is never going to be successful.

Here is a picture of the sun, as taken by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory on Sept. 27, 2008. Just wondering why it has all those 'spots' over its surface?

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2008/30sep_blankyear/

Testify

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 02:40:03 PM »

Here is a picture of the sun, as taken by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory on Sept. 27, 2008. Just wondering why it has all those 'spots' over its surface?

I doubt the image is genuine. Images of the Sun are false-colored. The Devil and his angels do battle with the legions of Heaven often however. We may be witnessing the sites.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

chtwrone

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 02:43:28 PM »

I doubt the image is genuine. Images of the Sun are false-colored. The Devil and his angels do battle with the legions of Heaven often however. We may be witnessing the sites.

I have seen these spots for myself, using a telescope with a sun filter - are you calling me a liar?

Testify

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 02:46:37 PM »
I have seen these spots for myself, using a telescope with a sun filter - are you calling me a liar?
I do not know you well enough to judge. You may be: or they may be the sites of the battles with the Devil's angels.
As you ignored my offered answer, it seems that you are a liar.

chtwrone

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 02:48:41 PM »
I do not know you well enough to judge. You may be: or they may be the sites of the battles with the Devil's angels.
As you ignored my offered answer, it seems that you are a liar.

Wow, so anybody who speaks of anything that is not contained within the scriptures is therefore a liar?

There is a lot of proven science that is not mentioned in the bible - these are ALL lies too?

Testify

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 02:53:21 PM »
Wow, so anybody who speaks of anything that is not contained within the scriptures is therefore a liar?

There is a lot of proven science that is not mentioned in the bible - these are ALL lies too?

You clearly are a liar as that was not what I said. You pretended I had not answered your question: you lied.
The Bible contains all answers, even if it is not mentioned directly. If something is contrary to the Bible, it is false, because God does not lie.

chtwrone

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 03:06:04 PM »

You clearly are a liar as that was not what I said. You pretended I had not answered your question: you lied.
The Bible contains all answers, even if it is not mentioned directly. If something is contrary to the Bible, it is false, because God does not lie.

YOU are a liar.

YOU are unworthy of your god - YOU should have fun to appease your god's wrath.

How will you have fun I wonder?

Or are you going to wait for your god to dispose of your unworthy life, to forever burn in hell?

Testify

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 03:09:48 PM »

YOU are a liar.

Or are you going to wait for your god to dispose of your unworthy life, to forever burn in hell?

Ecclesiastes 7:9 Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.

chtwrone

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 03:14:08 PM »

YOU are a liar.

Ecclesiastes 7:9 Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2015, 11:33:22 AM »
The phlogiston theory is an obsolete scientific theory that postulated a fire-like element called phlogiston is contained within combustible bodies and released during combustion. The name comes from the Ancient Greek φλογιστόν phlogistón (burning up), from φλόξ phlóx (flame).

That's the conventional definition of phlogiston: I didn't want to make the assumption that it was the same stuff Jroa was talking about, just like how flat earth aether isn't in any way similar to conventional aether. And then you get things like the comical insistence on gravity being not the same thing as gravitation, etc. In the absence of any input from Jroa I will take your answer to be the one he subscribes to.
So his theory is that the Sun is composed of an undetectable, disproven substance which disobeys the laws of thermodynamics.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 11:14:46 PM »
If you think phlogiston is not detectable, then light a candle and hold you hand over it. 

chtwrone

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2015, 12:54:37 AM »
If you think phlogiston is not detectable, then light a candle and hold you hand over it.

Phlogiston is an imaginary, made-up, fictional piece of BS.  Much like all of the flat earth theory really, lol.

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2015, 11:38:14 AM »

That is not phlogiston, it's fire. If you think fire = phlogiston, just call it fire rather than trying to impress us with big words.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2015, 12:37:56 PM »

Phlogiston is an imaginary, made-up, fictional piece of BS.  Much like all of the flat earth theory really, lol.
Maybe it is just made up.  Maybe it is not.  Who are you to say? 

That is not phlogiston, it's fire. If you think fire = phlogiston, just call it fire rather than trying to impress us with big words.

Who are you to say what fire is made out of?  Did the lying satanists teach you that?  ::)