Jroa telling people to obey rules whilst disobeying them himself... again

• 26 Replies
From a single thread in Q&A:
chtwrone, this is not a debate forum; it is a Q&A forum.  If you do not have a question or answer about the flat Earth, then please refrain from posting here.  You are welcome to debate any points made here in the debate forum.  Thanks.
Hear hear.

If you don't know what it does, then why care about what it is?  Seems like you might just be trying to start up things that nobody here even talks about, or at least for the last decade or so.  Is this Tom?  Just wondering.  Send me a PM if it is.
Not a question or answer about the flat earth.

Why do you hate truth Sayers?  Are you a Nazi?
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Re: Jroa telling people to obey rules whilst disobeying them himself... again
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 06:46:12 PM »
From a single thread in Q&A:
chtwrone, this is not a debate forum; it is a Q&A forum.  If you do not have a question or answer about the flat Earth, then please refrain from posting here.  You are welcome to debate any points made here in the debate forum.  Thanks.
Hear hear.

If you don't know what it does, then why care about what it is?  Seems like you might just be trying to start up things that nobody here even talks about, or at least for the last decade or so.  Is this Tom?  Just wondering.  Send me a PM if it is.

It is my big "IMHO" that jroa is doing more than anyone else  in destroying any credibility (if there really is any) of this website or The Flat Earth Society by his constant off-topic  raving, ranting , insulting and vulgarity.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 07:24:54 AM »
I doubt a warning posted in Q&A is against the rules. Warnings like that need to be posted, and in the thread where the breach occurred is best.
The other two do seem to be problems though.
Here for the scientific development of a Flat Earth model. Happy to be proven wrong, as I hope you are too.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 09:28:54 AM »
The warning was intended to show his hypocrisy.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 11:26:28 AM »
Thank you for confirming, that does make more sense. I've just seen a few older posts where the warnings were viewed as a breach as well.
Here for the scientific development of a Flat Earth model. Happy to be proven wrong, as I hope you are too.

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 12:36:54 PM »
Thank you for confirming, that does make more sense. I've just seen a few older posts where the warnings were viewed as a breach as well.

I'm beginning to think you just skim-read everything. Complaint threads about Jroa's warnings are usually because Jroa himself is indulging in the same activity he's handing out warnings for.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 12:42:44 PM »
Thank you Dinosaur Neil, your complaint is heard and will be taken under advisement. 

Misero

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 12:33:01 PM »
Just want to say: welcome back Pongo. Perhaps this will solve our problems here.

Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 04:52:48 PM »
 The last quote was directed at a user who was being ridiculous.

I don't see anything wrong with this response in it's proper context. Right before this comment was said I also called this user out.   

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 09:53:50 PM »
Really is par for the course for jroa.

Telling people to follow certain "rules", and then he breaks the "rules" himself. Hell, one time I obliged and followed the rules, and he banned me anyway. It's all textbook jroa.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 09:11:53 PM »
Nice that you quote me out of context.  You can make me sound like a real jerk if you quote me without quoting the people that I was responding to, like the "All Hail" guy that I asked if he was a Nazi.  I am tempted to just ban Neil for trouble making.  Anybody object? 

Edit for typo 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 09:35:38 PM by jroa »

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 02:03:44 AM »
  I am tempted to just ban Neil for trouble making.  Anybody object? 
No objection from me.   Publicly trolling moderator actions is strictly unacceptable in the forum that I moderate.

I am not so arrogant as to think my opinion matters in moderating a society/forum that has been established by smarter people long before I ever tasted the red pill but I think anybody who objects to the true form of the earth should be banned permanently.  They are wasting electricity. 

Misero

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 08:34:45 AM »
Nice that you quote me out of context.  You can make me sound like a real jerk if you quote me without quoting the people that I was responding to, like the "All Hail" guy that I asked if he was a Nazi.  I am tempted to just ban Neil for trouble making.  Anybody object? 

Edit for typo
So you are completely justified to troll if someone else is trolling? Wow, nice moderating.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 11:46:46 AM »

Edit for typo
So you are completely justified to troll if someone else is trolling? Wow, nice moderating.

Where in the rules does it say you can't be sarcastic? 

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 01:19:05 PM »
In defense of Jroa, 100% seriousness 100% of the time is a pretty tall order. I don't think the OP's problem is with the sarcasm or levity, it's the hypocrisy in willingly making low-content, non-Q&A posts in an area of the forum where he clamps down on anyone else doing the exact same.

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 04:14:24 PM »
In defense of Jroa, 100% seriousness 100% of the time is a pretty tall order. I don't think the OP's problem is with the sarcasm or levity, it's the hypocrisy in willingly making low-content, non-Q&A posts in an area of the forum where he clamps down on anyone else doing the exact same.

This. And not only in the same area of the forum... but in the same thread.
I have to agree with FE Scientist for once.

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 04:20:37 PM »

Edit for typo

Anyone is free to go and look at the thread to see your posts in context, I even included a link. It makes no difference. Please show me how those two responses are legitimate FE questions or answers, or alternatively, show me that your order to Chtwrone isn't a demand that his posts be FE questions or answers. To remove hypocrisy, one of those conditions must be met.
It's amusing how your definition of "trouble making" is everyone else's definition of "pointing out mods breaking the rules."

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 04:25:22 PM »
  I am tempted to just ban Neil for trouble making.  Anybody object? 
No objection from me.   Publicly trolling moderator actions is strictly unacceptable in the forum that I moderate.

I am not so arrogant as to think my opinion matters in moderating a society/forum that has been established by smarter people long before I ever tasted the red pill but I think anybody who objects to the true form of the earth should be banned permanently.  They are wasting electricity.

Do you understand what the S&C section of the forum is for? Do you understand that in this forum, we are allowed right of reply? What forum do you moderate, the Intolerance Club?
And you have the nerve to lecture me on how to use the forum. That's really quite funny.

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 04:48:19 PM »

It's amusing how your definition of "trouble making" is everyone else's definition of "pointing out mods breaking the rules."

Not true, as I just pointed out on the Scientologist thread, your posts often seem like an attempt to agitate someone. After I posted that you went on to confirm that you hadn't even read FEScientist's post before insulting her, and then posted another insulting thing.

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 05:59:50 AM »

Not true, as I just pointed out on the Scientologist thread, your posts often seem like an attempt to agitate someone. After I posted that you went on to confirm that you hadn't even read FEScientist's post before insulting her, and then posted another insulting thing.

That was in the lower forum, where it's a bit more relaxed. As to the issue I'm raising in this thread, it's not any of your business. You're not a mod or an admin and you don't write the rules. Same goes for "Charming" Anarchist.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 06:04:20 AM »

Edit for typo
Ban that sob. Heh heh.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Misero

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 02:15:48 PM »
Now, will hoppy be chastised for that low-content post? Probably not.

Nice strawman arguments. Whether or not he breaks the rules is off-topic. The topic is that jroa is chastising others for breaking rules that he later breaks himself.

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2015, 05:25:05 PM »
Now, will hoppy be chastised for that low-content post? Probably not.

Nice strawman arguments. Whether or not he breaks the rules is off-topic. The topic is that jroa is chastising others for breaking rules that he later breaks himself.

Almost right: he was chastising others for rules he had already broken in that thread - if anything, that's worse.

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »

That was in the lower forum, where it's a bit more relaxed. As to the issue I'm raising in this thread, it's not any of your business. You're not a mod or an admin and you don't write the rules. Same goes for "Charming" Anarchist.

Neil feel free to ignore my posts or Charming Anarchist's if they bother you. I will no longer address you personally in this thread.

Please note that Neil denies he is a troublemaker, though his original post concerns a conversation he was not even involved with. Posts where the users themselves didn't find it necessary to post the issue here. 

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2015, 12:10:28 PM »

Neil feel free to ignore my posts or Charming Anarchist's if they bother you. I will no longer address you personally in this thread.

Please note that Neil denies he is a troublemaker, though his original post concerns a conversation he was not even involved with. Posts where the users themselves didn't find it necessary to post the issue here.

So if that's the way of it, what are you doing sticking your nose in to this thread which doesn't concern you?
Besides, you're wrong. My concern is called "being civic minded". It's an alien concept to trolls such as yourself. You understand nothing of the greater good, only where your next frozen pizza is coming from.

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 03:35:11 PM »
Cry a bit more, it's not pathetic at all. If you don't like the mods here don't come here. I've been lurking a while, it should be obvious your complaints aren't achieving anything. You know you're just shouting for the sake of it. Why do you keep on?

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 01:54:31 PM »
Why do you keep on?

Because there's a section for it, hambeast  :P