If all of the satellites are only a NASA conspiracy

• 125 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: If all of the satellites are only a NASA conspiracy
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2015, 03:02:29 AM »
Same for the GPS : without satellites, gravitation and general relativity, how could this fucking work ???
Easy: the transmitters are held up high in the sky by weather balloons and held down by cables.

Then how do low orbit satellites fly over us at 17,000 miles per hour?  Last I checked, balloons don't do that.

How can you determine the speed of a small dot that slowly moves across the sky? 

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2015, 03:08:18 AM »
Same for the GPS : without satellites, gravitation and general relativity, how could this fucking work ???
Easy: the transmitters are held up high in the sky by weather balloons and held down by cables.

Then how do low orbit satellites fly over us at 17,000 miles per hour?  Last I checked, balloons don't do that.

How can you determine the speed of a small dot that slowly moves across the sky?

By calculating how much time it would take to get to you from the other side of the world. Even IF the Earth was flat, it would still be a massive distance.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2015, 03:17:43 AM »

It passes once every 90 minutes, right? I posted an equation in another thread that let's you calculate the height over the observer of the ISS' orbit (in miles). If that is H then the diameter of the orbit is 2x+8000miles, and the circumference is
[pi](2x+8000)miles, and then the speed of the ISS is [pi](2x+8000)miles/1.5hours
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2015, 03:29:22 AM »
How could Google Earth catch every single detail on Earth (with a precision of less than one meter) ? We clearly see these are satellites views. Same for the GPS : without satellites, gravitation and general relativity, how could this fucking work ???

How ? ;)
Here's something for you. Go and look at google Earth  and bring up your home. I don't mean google street maps. I mean google Earth. You know those satellites that see  through clouds and such?

Anyway, on google satellite  ::)  :P...try and zoom in to one metre from your house. Better still, bring up a real time image of your home.
You'll find you can't do it but you will find that you can bring up an image from month's ago but not from 1 metre away.

Why is this?
The reason is so simple if you allow yourself to think about it. It's  because it's taken by AIR craft, not space satellites.

Pezevenk

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2015, 04:31:18 AM »
How could Google Earth catch every single detail on Earth (with a precision of less than one meter) ? We clearly see these are satellites views. Same for the GPS : without satellites, gravitation and general relativity, how could this fucking work ???

How ? ;)
Here's something for you. Go and look at google Earth  and bring up your home. I don't mean google street maps. I mean google Earth. You know those satellites that see  through clouds and such?

Anyway, on google satellite  ::)  :P...try and zoom in to one metre from your house. Better still, bring up a real time image of your home.
You'll find you can't do it but you will find that you can bring up an image from month's ago but not from 1 metre away.

Why is this?
The reason is so simple if you allow yourself to think about it. It's  because it's taken by AIR craft, not space satellites.

Did you seriously expect a real time view?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2015, 04:41:57 AM »

How ? ;)

Why is this?

I'd expect nothing less than a recent image. I mean, what do they do? Do they just store a few months old image in the satellite and beam it back then simply take another image in a few month's when they decide the times right?

What an utter utter load of crap.
The reason why your images are months and months old when yous ee them is because the planes and equipment do not get back around to update those images.

Wake the eff up.

Pezevenk

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2015, 04:52:52 AM »

How ? ;)

Why is this?

I'd expect nothing less than a recent image. I mean, what do they do? Do they just store a few months old image in the satellite and beam it back then simply take another image in a few month's when they decide the times right?

What an utter utter load of crap.
The reason why your images are months and months old when yous ee them is because the planes and equipment do not get back around to update those images.

Wake the eff up.

Check again. The most recent picture of my house that was taken less than 2 months ago, and the second most recent less than 3 months ago.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2015, 05:00:15 AM »
It passes once every .......
What difference, at this point, does it make?!? 

"Then how do birds fly over us at 170 miles per hour?  Last I check, balloons do not have feathers.

Pezevenk

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2015, 05:33:55 AM »

"Then how do birds fly over us at 170 miles per hour?  Last I check, balloons do not have feathers."

So you're saying that balloons are capable of going as fast as 17000 miles per hour.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2015, 06:12:54 AM »

"Then how do birds fly over us at 170 miles per hour?  Last I check, balloons do not have feathers."

So you're saying that balloons are capable of going as fast as 17000 miles per hour.

So, are you saying that every light moving across the sky is going 17,000 miles per hour? 

Pezevenk

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2015, 06:15:24 AM »

So, are you saying that every light moving across the sky is going 17,000 miles per hour?

I already told you why we know it is going approximately that fast.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 06:21:12 AM »

Yes, I don't have anything to comment on your fairy tales.  Don't just make stuff up when you don't have something adult to say.   :P

?

XaeXae

• Mountain Lions.
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2015, 07:11:16 AM »

Yes, I don't have anything to comment on your fairy tales.  Don't just make stuff up when you don't have something adult to say.   :P

If mathematic proofs aren't something adult...  ::)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2015, 07:17:01 AM »

There are elves living in the woods behind my house.  They sneak in and hide my keys every night.  They also drink all of my beer, so I have to make sure I finish it every night so that those little bastards have none to steal.

Do you see how making baseless claims means nothing at all?  You can make all of the unsupported statements that you wish, but that does not make the statements true.  You are new to this public forum thing, are you not?

?

XaeXae

• Mountain Lions.
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2015, 07:24:34 AM »

There are elves living in the woods behind my house.  They sneak in and hide my keys every night.  They also drink all of my beer, so I have to make sure I finish it every night so that those little bastards have none to steal.

Do you see how making baseless claims means nothing at all?  You can make all of the unsupported statements that you wish, but that does not make the statements true.

If the statements are coming with proofs, it allows us to consider them true. Your example has no proof. The speed of the satellites was mathematically proven a few posts ago.

You are new to this public forum thing, are you not?

Looks like an ad hominem... ::)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2015, 07:29:18 AM »
Now you are getting it.  I can't just make statements and expect you to believe that they are true without providing evidence that would lead you to conclude they are true.  Good.  You are finally on your way to getting de-brainwashed. 

Pezevenk

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2015, 07:55:28 AM »

I really wonder why the ISS is always where it's supposed to be according to Stellarium and that ISS tracker that I really don't remember how it was called... It's only natural to assume that it's not only accurate for my home, but for every other region in the Earth. Now when I check Stellarium, I see that it takes approximately 30 minutes for the ISS to get from the USA to Greece. I'll leave it up to you to decide what that could mean.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:59:19 AM by Definitely Not Official »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

sliceofpi

• Cant we all just agree the earth is a klein bottle
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2015, 12:09:19 AM »
Neither rockets - nor anything else man-made - can get into space, so it must be some other technology.

Think about it, then return with Answers rather than Questions & maybe we'll give you the time of day...

Until then, f**k off.

Only I can see satellites and the ISS with my telescope, so... Yeah. I think you get the idea.

How can you be certain that what you are seeing is not just holographic projections set up by NASA? They seemed to convince a lot of people that they landed on the moon in the past using smoke and mirror theatrics.

you do know that holograms need something to be projected on right?
"The disc, being flat, has no real horizon. Any adventurous sailor would soon learn that the reason why distant ships sometimes looked as though they were disappearing over the edge of the world was that they were disappearing over the edge of the world. "-discworld

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2015, 08:39:38 AM »

Why is this?

Satellites don't need to see through clouds because in case you haven't noticed clouds are often not there and clear skies are a thing that exists.

The cameras on satellites have to zoom a lot to see your house and so they have a tiny field of view.  It takes over a month to capture the entire Earth with those cameras.

If all the images were taken from airplanes then how do you explain stuff like this?:
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Yendor

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2015, 09:49:15 AM »

Why is this?

Satellites don't need to see through clouds because in case you haven't noticed clouds are often not there and clear skies are a thing that exists.

The cameras on satellites have to zoom a lot to see your house and so they have a tiny field of view.  It takes over a month to capture the entire Earth with those cameras.

If all the images were taken from airplanes then how do you explain stuff like this?:

"The Google Librarian Central site has up a piece by Mark Aubin, a Software Engineer who works on Google Earth. Aubin explains some of the process behind capturing satellite imagery for use with the product. 'Most people are surprised to learn that we have more than one source for our imagery. We collect it via airplane and satellite, but also just about any way you can imagine getting a camera above the Earth's surface: hot air balloons, model airplanes - even kites. The traditional aerial survey involves mounting a special gyroscopic, stabilized camera in the belly of an airplane and flying it at an elevation of between 15,000 feet and 30,000 feet, depending on the resolution of imagery you're interested in. As the plane takes a predefined route over the desired area, it forms a series of parallel lines with about 40 percent overlap between lines and 60 percent overlap in the direction of flight. This overlap of images is what provides us with enough detail to remove distortions caused by the varying shape of the Earth's surface.'

http://science.slashdot.org/story/07/04/30/0237218/how-google-earth-images-are-made
http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2014/04/google-earth-imagery.html
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2015, 11:00:01 AM »
"The Google Librarian Central site has up a piece by Mark Aubin, a Software Engineer who works on Google Earth. Aubin explains some of the process behind capturing satellite imagery for use with the product. 'Most people are surprised to learn that we have more than one source for our imagery. We collect it via airplane and satellite, but also just about any way you can imagine getting a camera above the Earth's surface: hot air balloons, model airplanes - even kites. The traditional aerial survey involves mounting a special gyroscopic, stabilized camera in the belly of an airplane and flying it at an elevation of between 15,000 feet and 30,000 feet, depending on the resolution of imagery you're interested in. As the plane takes a predefined route over the desired area, it forms a series of parallel lines with about 40 percent overlap between lines and 60 percent overlap in the direction of flight. This overlap of images is what provides us with enough detail to remove distortions caused by the varying shape of the Earth's surface.'

http://science.slashdot.org/story/07/04/30/0237218/how-google-earth-images-are-made
http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2014/04/google-earth-imagery.html

I know that there is more then one source of imagery, but satellites is one of them.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2015, 12:41:23 PM »
No, I am not taking the bait from your shill manual. 

Yes, I am saying that NASA is clearly wasting tax-payers money.   

Note to honorable and honest folks: 
Do not get trapped by the shill modus operandi.  Nobody has to respond to the obvious lock-step stupid questions from trolls.  Discussing anything remotely connected to "science" is nobody's responsibility.  Do not get trapped into thinking you need to have answers to their obvious miserable duplicity. 

Tell them you do not want your taxes to fund their neurotic games.  All you need to tell them is to pay for their sick play with their own dimes --- not with yours.  They can never win that argument. 

Heck, you can even humor them by saying you are convinced 100% by all of the boring "science" fiction ---- just that you would rather you taxes went to better things like, stopping child abuse. 

Pezevenk

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2015, 01:46:43 PM »
No, I am not taking the bait from your shill manual. 

Yes, I am saying that NASA is clearly wasting tax-payers money.   

Note to honorable and honest folks: 
Do not get trapped by the shill modus operandi.  Nobody has to respond to the obvious lock-step stupid questions from trolls.  Discussing anything remotely connected to "science" is nobody's responsibility.  Do not get trapped into thinking you need to have answers to their obvious miserable duplicity. 

Tell them you do not want your taxes to fund their neurotic games.  All you need to tell them is to pay for their sick play with their own dimes --- not with yours.  They can never win that argument. 

Heck, you can even humor them by saying you are convinced 100% by all of the boring "science" fiction ---- just that you would rather you taxes went to better things like, stopping child abuse.

OK. So there are balloons up there that look like satellites and space stations that travel at 17,000mph, always turning up when they are supposed to exactly where they are supposed to. Gotcha.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2015, 05:45:31 PM »
OK. So there are balloons up there that look like satellites and space stations that travel at 17,000mph, always turning up when they are supposed to exactly where they are supposed to and wasting tax-payers money. Gotcha.
Fixed that for you.

Pezevenk

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2015, 01:40:03 AM »
OK. So there are balloons up there that look like satellites and space stations that travel at 17,000mph, always turning up when they are supposed to exactly where they are supposed to and wasting tax-payers money. Gotcha.
Fixed that for you.

So you do believe that such balloons exist. If they can make balloons like that, why can't they make actual space stations and satellites again?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2015, 04:31:39 AM »
As a non USA person, I am always surprised that people are okay with the massive military budget, but freak out with the relatively tiny NASA budget. Just the development of one aircraft for the air force, the JSF (which is underperforming on almost all aspects of intended design) cost about as much as NASA's entire budget since 1970's to 2015
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Yendor

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2015, 07:27:49 AM »
As a non USA person, I am always surprised that people are okay with the massive military budget, but freak out with the relatively tiny NASA budget. Just the development of one aircraft for the air force, the JSF (which is underperforming on almost all aspects of intended design) cost about as much as NASA's entire budget since 1970's to 2015

Do you work in the general accounting office?
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

chtwrone

• Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2015, 07:29:30 AM »

Sadly, if anybody has the market cornered on fairy tales, it is without a doubt, the flat earth fraternity.  You people are constantly 'just making stuff up' to account for this and that.  You completely discount modern science, for the simple reason that it completely destroys the flat earth model.  The proven observation of 24 hour Antarctic summer sun being a prime example. You NEVER provide any proof to counter the round earth model, yet you seem to think that your ignorant and misguided opinions are somehow sufficient? 

Yep, fairies down the bottom of your garden for sure, lol.
Well done NASA - 12 men on the moon and back again.

?

XaeXae

• Mountain Lions.
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »
Fixed that for you.

So you do believe that such balloons exist. If they can make balloons like that, why can't they make actual space stations and satellites again?

That was a stupid question. Balloons are much closer to Earth, and much smaller, making their apparent diameter nearly the same as that of satellites. However, to be able to send a balloon at 40 km isn't the same as to be able to send a satellite at 600 km.

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2015, 10:54:10 AM »
The majority of the population that knows NASA is full of crap are actually Round Earthers, and yet all the Round Earthers I have seen post on this site believe NASA and trust the government.

I feel like you guys know the Earth is Flat but can't admit it for some stubborn reason or another the truth. You need to look up the definition of denialism.  :-\