if satellites are in space...

• 57 Replies
if satellites are in space...
« on: September 04, 2015, 12:44:48 PM »
....why don't TV satellite dishes point up?
If you can't dazzle them with diamonds, baffle them with bullshit! W.C. Fields

Re: if satellites are in space...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 12:56:30 PM »
I've noticed that all the satellite dishes on peoples houses have the same elevation as TV aerials/antenna that point at fixed position,  ground based transmitters. 

sircool

• flat, round, whatever throats your goat
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 01:25:52 PM »
Not sure if I understand the question, could you specify yourself?

btw your Albert Einstein quote is wrong
If it's flat, that would be very interesting for science

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 01:31:38 PM »
The dishes point to wherever the transmitter is located, whether it is on a mountain or floating around in space. 

sircool

• flat, round, whatever throats your goat
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 02:31:35 PM »
The dishes point to wherever the transmitter is located, whether it is on a mountain or floating around in space.

A flat earther who thinks satellites are in space? I must be tripping
If it's flat, that would be very interesting for science

?

iAmASkeptic

• Round Earther, Enjoys hugs.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 04:09:47 PM »

Geo-Stationary Orbit is why the dishes don't move, and If satellite dishes all pointed directly upwards, it would mean that there would have to be a satellite directly above every single house that has a dish, or they wouldn't get a signal, even in the flat earth model. Some houses do have vertical facing dishes, and that means they are directly below a satellite.

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 04:39:00 AM »
They do on the equator

I think, therefore I am

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 12:05:54 PM »
Are you not at the equator?

EDIT: Cartesian beat me to it! Have you ever seen satellite dishes in Barrow, Alaska??

« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:14:21 PM by FlatOrange »
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »
They do point up.  If you mean directly up, then they would only do this on the equator, everywhere else they are pointed at different elevations.

My dish points at the 28.4E Astra 2E satellite above the equator in Africa.  My dish needs to be pointing at an elevation of 25.4° with an azimuth of 145.2°.  If it's much off this, it won't work.  All the commercial dishes in this country will point to that spot, as that's where the satellite is.

These dishes are in Borneo, I would what ground based transmitter they are pointed at?

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Yendor

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 01:26:53 PM »
They do point up.  If you mean directly up, then they would only do this on the equator, everywhere else they are pointed at different elevations.

My dish points at the 28.4E Astra 2E satellite above the equator in Africa.  My dish needs to be pointing at an elevation of 25.4° with an azimuth of 145.2°.  If it's much off this, it won't work.  All the commercial dishes in this country will point to that spot, as that's where the satellite is.

These dishes are in Borneo, I would what ground based transmitter they are pointed at?

These aren't satellite dishes, they are rain water catchers.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 02:33:02 PM »

Gutters and downspouts make far more effective rain water catchers than wire mesh strainers.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 02:54:43 PM »
First Communications Satellite Was a Huge Balloon

When a balloon looks like a satellite

Thanks to all of the shills!!!   Good work once again!  Thanks for finding those photographs.  They make perfect sense.  The best position for a world transmitter/receiver would be held up somewhere along the equator. 

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2015, 07:43:39 PM »

Wire mesh water catchers,  that's makes about as much sense as your famous non-conductive plastic antenna's and rf filters. 

Sorry Rodney,  you are losing the plot.   

If you take the satellite dish aiming data, and triagulate the transmitter position, you will find the satellites are in geostationary orbit over the equator.   

As for balloons,   the best duration so far for a stratellite is a few months,  and it came down in outback Australia,  after drifing around Antarctica from a New Zealand Launch.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 11:24:03 PM »
The reason they don't point strait up is because every geostationary satellite orbiting the Earth is not located directly above any given point on Earth's surface.  All satellite dishes do point up at an angle, but rarely strait up.  It's kind of like how a plane can be above you and yet still be near the horizon if it's really far away.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 01:28:23 AM »
  It's kind of like how a plane can be above you and yet still be near the horizon if it's really far away.
can you back that statement up with some copy and pasted math mikey or if not maybe you should get your calculator out?don't forget to walk us through how you worked it out like you normally do.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 01:34:06 AM by brutal delux »

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2015, 02:30:15 AM »
  It's kind of like how a plane can be above you and yet still be near the horizon if it's really far away.
can you back that statement up with some copy and pasted math mikey or if not maybe you should get your calculator out?don't forget to walk us through how you worked it out like you normally do.

For a round earth, if a plane is 10 km up it will be close to the horizon when it is 300 km away from the observer (at horizon when 350 km away).

arctan(10km/300km)=1.9°

You'll be looking just above the horizon. And this would be true even without maths. If something is near or close to the horizon then you'll be looking towards or at the horizon.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Yendor

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 08:10:24 AM »

Wire mesh water catchers,  that's makes about as much sense as your famous non-conductive plastic antenna's and rf filters. 

If you take the satellite dish aiming data, and triagulate the transmitter position, you will find the satellites are in geostationary orbit over the equator.   

As for balloons,   the best duration so far for a stratellite is a few months,  and it came down in outback Australia,  after drifing around Antarctica from a New Zealand Launch.

You know that i'm kidding and If you keep going on about plastic antennas and RF filters, I may have to decline that beer offer. You know I'm right on both issues. I proved Rf filters are being made out of plastic then electroplated. As far as plastic antennas, you've never seen fiberglass whip antennas or rubber coated antennas. All they need to work is metal embedded inside them. Why do you keep bring this up?
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 08:52:20 AM »
Can you back that statement up with some copy and pasted math mikey or if not maybe you should get your calculator out?don't forget to walk us through how you worked it out like you normally do.

Master beat me to it, but it doesn't take math to realize that things that are above you like the top of a mountain are generally not located strait above your head if they are not on top of you.  Just watch an airplane flying across the sky and you will see what I mean.

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2015, 09:06:44 AM »

Are you suffering from some kind of head trauma?

Anyway, as I said my dish has an elevation of 25° and has a clear line of sight into the sky - no obstructions, and certainly no ground based transmitters.  You can see it's set up here, as I've put my postcode in:

http://fr.dishpointer.com/test/supermap.htm?satellite=0282&address=se22

If it points to that position, it works.  If it gets moved around it doesn't work.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »

You know that i'm kidding and If you keep going on about plastic antennas and RF filters, I may have to decline that beer offer. You know I'm right on both issues. I proved Rf filters are being made out of plastic then electroplated. As far as plastic antennas, you've never seen fiberglass whip antennas or rubber coated antennas. All they need to work is metal embedded inside them. Why do you keep bring this up?

I keep bringing it up, just to watch you try and wriggle out of it.    So tell me again where is the transmitter  that  those dishes pointing at?   

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2015, 08:18:25 PM »
I know this is a serious website, but man... there's a distinct lack of humor here at times.  Yendor's joke was actually kind of funny and surely in jest.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 10:02:39 PM »
I know this is a serious website, but man... there's a distinct lack of humor here at times.  Yendor's joke was actually kind of funny and surely in jest.

Shhh don't tell him that,  he's enough trouble already without trying to bring comedy into the debate,   we already have tappet for that.

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2015, 05:07:09 AM »
I've genuinely no idea whether Yendor is a joke persona created to wind people up, or if he's actually mental.

Yendor

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 07:10:49 AM »
I've genuinely no idea whether Yendor is a joke persona created to wind people up, or if he's actually mental.

I've been accused of both. I spent the biggest part of the day at the ocean yesterday and watched at a lot of ships disappear out of sight over the horizon. Then with binoculars they came back clear as day. It was magic I tell you, simply magic. 
                              George Orwell

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2015, 07:42:31 AM »
I spent the biggest part of the day at the ocean yesterday and watched at a lot of ships disappear out of sight over the horizon. Then with binoculars they came back clear as day. It was magic I tell you, simply magic.
A bit off topic, but it's a shame that you didn't have the presence of mind to take some pictures of this "magical" phenomenon.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 07:44:28 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Yendor

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 07:58:11 AM »
I spent the biggest part of the day at the ocean yesterday and watched at a lot of ships disappear out of sight over the horizon. Then with binoculars they came back clear as day. It was magic I tell you, simply magic.
A bit off topic, but it's a shame that you didn't have the presence of mind to take some pictures of this "magical" phenomenon.

How do you take pictures with binoculars?
                              George Orwell

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2015, 08:20:26 AM »

You put a camera on the place where your eyes go.

Yendor

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 08:34:09 AM »

I would have had to had a tripod to do that and also a camera. You just have to take my word for it. Not looking through the binoculars, no ship. Looking through the binoculars, ship appears. It is that simple.
                              George Orwell

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 09:46:12 AM »

I would have had to had a tripod to do that and also a camera. You just have to take my word for it.
Why would I do that?

Not looking through the binoculars, no ship. Looking through the binoculars, ship appears. It is that simple.
Hire yourself a large telephoto lens, get out there and do the same.  Post pictures and prove the earth is flat.  It's that simple.  Of course you won't, as you're full of shit.

Yendor

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2015, 10:16:31 AM »

I would have had to had a tripod to do that and also a camera. You just have to take my word for it.
Why would I do that?

Not looking through the binoculars, no ship. Looking through the binoculars, ship appears. It is that simple.
Hire yourself a large telephoto lens, get out there and do the same.  Post pictures and prove the earth is flat.  It's that simple.  Of course you won't, as you're full of shit.

Jimmy,

It is not nice to say people are full of shit. It would be nicer to say someone is constipated. Now Jimmy, I know what I saw and there are many like me who see the same thing. There are many videos on youtube that plainly show this. You just have to take the time and watch them. If I did go to the ocean and took a camera that has a telephoto lense and took pictures like I described, would you believe the Earth is flat? I think not because you would invent some reason I'm lying. So, what is the point going through that much bother?
                              George Orwell