mikeman7918 signature links to a "Great video debunking flat Earth." - LULZ!

• 19 Replies
mikeman7918 has in his signature a "Great video debunking flat Earth." that has so many obvious holes in it I couldn't stomach watching it past 9 minutes because of the obvious agenda and lies involved.

OK Mikeman - I will give you the first 3 major BS moments in the video you think so highly of as to post it as proof that "debunks flat earth"

Please provide a good explanation for these discrepancies:

(First let me say that  I have not made up my mind to believe one Earth model over another, but the fact remains that I have not experienced enough proof that I can verify with my own direct observation of reality to be certain either way.)

Here is the video link:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

It is titled: Flat Earth & NASA Hoax Debunk SLAMDUNK

and is posted by Youtube User:  David Ridlen

This video you proclaim as a "Great video debunking flat Earth." has some issues:

1.  I was actually going right along with the narrative of the video, saying to myself several times that  "yes, this answers several of the questions I have about this subject" but then at about 7:26 of this video, the pics goes from showing the Antarctic to showing the Arctic without skipping a beat as if there is no difference and the narrative doesn't account for this sudden change.

So...what gives?

Please explain this because it makes it appear as if David Ridlen is purposely lying and misdirecting the feeble-minded people (like yourself?) who are easily tricked with songs and images that try to paint people who actually think for themselves as" crazy".

This attempt to sway the easily swayed, weak-minded with such low-brow tactics only lends credence towards believing there is an agenda to attempt to convince us of something that cannot be proven with actual reality.

2.   Here is the next big BS claim of this video - at 7:38 it says "no one has ever photographed this great ICE WALL" - which , can be obviously shown to be BULLSHIT with a simple google search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=antarctic+ice+wall&newwindow=1&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1203&bih=599&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI7t2LpK_VxwIVxAOSCh22UALY#imgrc=tJ8nn8JwxzGXQM%3A

Why lie if there is enough evidence to prove the narrative without lying?

Anyone wanting to be taken seriously doesn't lie about such an easily proven fact unless the only agenda is to convince the weak-minded people who never bother to do any research or question anything as long as it's hinted that anyone who believes anything that doubts the narrative is to be ridiculed and laughed at.

Serious people without an agenda have no need to use such obviously desperate tactics because they have evidence and reality on their side.

3. (I couldn't go any further into the video after these huge attempted deceptions right in a row)

The video then states : "flat earthers" claim ALL space imagery is fake"

This is obviously exaggerated rhetoric.

To assume that all "Flat earthers" believe this is ridiculous and pretty easily proven false.

I am pretty sure that most people you are labeling "flat earthers" realize that MOST imagery from space...i.e. photos taken from high above our earth plane...are mostly real but those of us that have seen the so-called photos depicting the globular earth in it's entirety, all believe that they are fabricated.

So, since you obviously believe they are REAL photos, it is up to you and the video "proof" you are relying on to show the contrary in a way that doesn't make it so easy to point fingers and laugh at you for using this as your "proof". 

YOU have to prove that they are NOT all fabricated...so show one image of the entire globular earth that is 100% provable to not be fabricated.

Not sure how you can prove this though since an image, regardless of it's source, cannot be considered 100% proof that it is a real photo, but since you make the claim that imagery purported to be taken from space of the entire globular earth is real it is up to you to provide the evidence you rely on as enough proof for you to have such a strong conviction of such.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 02:13:34 AM by NotTheDude »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Maybe you haven't been around very long,  but  you make quite a few mistakes in your critique,    it might surprise you to know that  flat earthers actually do believe ALL space travel is faked.   To the extent that  they claim rockets don't work in vacuum and nothing has ever been much above 120,000 ft,   because of ,  ( "insert favourite reason")   the thermosphere would burn everything up etc.. etc. 

And no,  there are no pictures of "the ice wall",   simply because there is no ice wall,   some of the pictures purporting to be of the ice wall are actually of icebergs. 

And yes there are millions of full disk pictures of earth from space,  the latest and highest quality  ( 11,000 pixel by 11,000 pixel ) is from the Japanese Meterological service Himawari 8 geostationary weather satellite, it takes a full disk high resolution colour picture every 10 minutes.  If you haven't seen it, it is worth a look.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/10/science/An-Image-of-Earth-Every-Ten-Minutes.html?_r=4

Need I point out that the Himawari 8 satellite was designed and built in Japan,  launched on a MHI,  (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) launch vehicle, from a Japanese launch site.   No NASA involvement anywhere

I  agree with you that the stupid graphics and music detract from the message,  but  it's pretty mild compared to the more idiotic flat earth videos.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

So, since you obviously believe they are REAL photos, it is up to you and the video "proof" you are relying on to show the contrary in a way that doesn't make it so easy to point fingers and laugh at you for using this as your "proof". 

YOU have to prove that they are NOT all fabricated...so show one image of the entire globular earth that is 100% provable to not be fabricated.

Not sure how you can prove this though since an image, regardless of it's source, cannot be considered 100% proof that it is a real photo, but since you make the claim that imagery purported to be taken from space of the entire globular earth is real it is up to you to provide the evidence you rely on as enough proof for you to have such a strong conviction of such.

The burden of proof lies with the accuser, not the accused. If I show you the equipment with which the image was captured, the way the camera was delivered to the location, and how the image was processed, and you still call it faked, it's up to you to prove it a fake.
I'm no rocket scientist, but at least I know the Earth is round, Man went to the Moon, and air exists.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” Carl Sagan

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
On top of what everyone else said, the reason I linked that video is because of the part at the end that you skipped where it shows how space travel could not be faked.  Watch that part and get back to me.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Yendor

mikeman7918 has in his signature a "Great video debunking flat Earth." that has so many obvious holes in it I couldn't stomach watching it past 9 minutes because of the obvious agenda and lies involved.

OK Mikeman - I will give you the first 3 major BS moments in the video you think so highly of as to post it as proof that "debunks flat earth"

Please provide a good explanation for these discrepancies:

(First let me say that  I have not made up my mind to believe one Earth model over another, but the fact remains that I have not experienced enough proof that I can verify with my own direct observation of reality to be certain either way.)

Here is the video link:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

It is titled: Flat Earth & NASA Hoax Debunk SLAMDUNK

and is posted by Youtube User:  David Ridlen

This video you proclaim as a "Great video debunking flat Earth." has some issues:

1.  I was actually going right along with the narrative of the video, saying to myself several times that  "yes, this answers several of the questions I have about this subject" but then at about 7:26 of this video, the pics goes from showing the Antarctic to showing the Arctic without skipping a beat as if there is no difference and the narrative doesn't account for this sudden change.

So...what gives?

Please explain this because it makes it appear as if David Ridlen is purposely lying and misdirecting the feeble-minded people (like yourself?) who are easily tricked with songs and images that try to paint people who actually think for themselves as" crazy".

This attempt to sway the easily swayed, weak-minded with such low-brow tactics only lends credence towards believing there is an agenda to attempt to convince us of something that cannot be proven with actual reality.

2.   Here is the next big BS claim of this video - at 7:38 it says "no one has ever photographed this great ICE WALL" - which , can be obviously shown to be BULLSHIT with a simple google search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=antarctic+ice+wall&newwindow=1&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1203&bih=599&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI7t2LpK_VxwIVxAOSCh22UALY#imgrc=tJ8nn8JwxzGXQM%3A

Why lie if there is enough evidence to prove the narrative without lying?

Anyone wanting to be taken seriously doesn't lie about such an easily proven fact unless the only agenda is to convince the weak-minded people who never bother to do any research or question anything as long as it's hinted that anyone who believes anything that doubts the narrative is to be ridiculed and laughed at.

Serious people without an agenda have no need to use such obviously desperate tactics because they have evidence and reality on their side.

3. (I couldn't go any further into the video after these huge attempted deceptions right in a row)

The video then states : "flat earthers" claim ALL space imagery is fake"

This is obviously exaggerated rhetoric.

To assume that all "Flat earthers" believe this is ridiculous and pretty easily proven false.

I am pretty sure that most people you are labeling "flat earthers" realize that MOST imagery from space...i.e. photos taken from high above our earth plane...are mostly real but those of us that have seen the so-called photos depicting the globular earth in it's entirety, all believe that they are fabricated.

NotTheDude, I think every FEer on here believe Mikeman7918 does work for the government and his job is to try and debunk everything FEers believe in. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He tries to pass himself off as a 17 yr. old kid. I agree, the photos from space do look fake to me too. Here is an example. This picture is supposed to be one of the latest from space. It is not a composite, but a real picture. To me the colors don't look right. They look too bright and just not natural to me.
Web site.
http://www.tested.com/tech/photography/44360-russian-satellite-takes-largest-single-photograph-of-the-earth/

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
NotTheDude, I think every FEer on here believe Mikeman7918 does work for the government and his job is to try and debunk everything FEers believe in. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He tries to pass himself off as a 17 yr. old kid. I agree, the photos from space do look fake to me too. Here is an example. This picture is supposed to be one of the latest from space. It is not a composite, but a real picture. To me the colors don't look right. They look too bright and just not natural to me.
Web site.
http://www.tested.com/tech/photography/44360-russian-satellite-takes-largest-single-photograph-of-the-earth/

I have already shown that the source you got the image from claims that it was not taken entirely in visable light.  This image doesn't look right either, but that's because it's taken in infrared light:

That doesn't mean it's fake.  Look at the source you linked where it says that your photo is not a visable light photo.

I also see that the superstition is setting in and you are suspecting that everyone around you is a government agent.  That is to be expected from flat earthers who can't comprehend why someone might be on this forum for fun.

Yendor

Web site.

I have already shown that the source you got the image from claims that it was not taken entirely in visable light.  This image doesn't look right either, but that's because it's taken in infrared light:

That doesn't mean it's fake.  Look at the source you linked where it says that your photo is not a visable light photo.

I also see that the superstition is setting in and you are suspecting that everyone around you is a government agent.  That is to be expected from flat earthers who can't comprehend why someone might be on this forum for fun.

Swear on the Bible you don't work for the government.
Honestly Mike, Do you think the picture of the house in any way resembles the colors of the picture of Earth I showed? Get real. I told you on the other thread that they just used that infrared excuse because they knew that the picture, some artist drew using water colors, didn't look real. So they tried using that infrared as the reason it looks fake. NEWS FLASH, IT iS FAKE! The poor artist probably got fired over it.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

sokarul

• Extra Racist
You really don't know there are other types of IR cameras?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam

You have to remember that's Yendor,   he still thinks that infrared is really high frequency sound waves.   

The time lapse video in that link is pretty spectacular.   

So now the Russians have a high resolution colour geostationary weather satellite,  as well as the Japanese,   but still NASA and the USA lag behind.    I wonder where EUSAT are up to with their latest satellites?

At the risk of overloading Yendor's infrared recognition skills,  this video has infrared as green.    ( probably a reasonable choice since it's picking up vegetation )

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">! No longer available

You can clearly see that it's 24 hour daylight at the North Pole,  and 24 Hour Night at the South Pole,   also you can see the tilt of the axis by the way the terminator angle flips between sunrise and sunset.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:55:18 AM by Rayzor »

Nice how not even one reply even attempt to refute the claims I made except about the photos from space being faked.

Try again, DEAL with the lies I mentioned or admit the fact that you are using a video with obvious lies and you cannot answer the lies

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: mikeman7918 signature links to a "Great video debunking flat Earth." - LULZ!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 10:36:11 AM »
Swear on the Bible you don't work for the government.
Honestly Mike, Do you think the picture of the house in any way resembles the colors of the picture of Earth I showed? Get real. I told you on the other thread that they just used that infrared excuse because they knew that the picture, some artist drew using water colors, didn't look real. So they tried using that infrared as the reason it looks fake. NEWS FLASH, IT iS FAKE! The poor artist probably got fired over it.

I swear in the bible and by the God who created the universe that I do not work for the government and if I am lying then may I be struck dead and sent strait to hell.  Are you happy now?

In the source you linked it specifically says this:
"the satellite is also equipped with high-resolution cameras that use filters to capture images in four different wavelengths of light (including infrared). "

It is not a regular infrared camera, it uses other wavelengths as well including a bit of visible light.  The infrared image I posted was just to demonstrate that viewing things in non-visible wavelengths of light makes them look different.  Also, weather satellites like that one release images way faster then anyone could paint.  Those images are also used to predict weather and they do a pretty good job.

Re: mikeman7918 signature links to a "Great video debunking flat Earth." - LULZ!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 10:38:23 AM »
it might surprise you to know that  flat earthers actually do believe ALL space travel is faked.

I never said anything about space travel being faked - why did you change the subject if not to ignore the argument so you do not have to deal with the truth?

And no,  there are no pictures of "the ice wall",   simply because there is no ice wall,   some of the pictures purporting to be of the ice wall are actually of icebergs. 

Sorry, but you can say whatever you want, call the pics Ice bergs or ice wall but google seems to come up with thousands of pics of the ice wall as you can clearly see by following the google search link below.

You seem to admit the truth when you say "some of the pictures purporting to be of the ice wall are actually of icebergs."

Well if "some of the pictures purporting to be of the ice wall are actually of icebergs." then it most are not simply icebergs and it appears you are agreeing with the fact that there are thousands of pics of the ice wall.

Why THE LIE?

And yes there are millions of full disk pictures of earth from space,  the latest and highest quality  ( 11,000 pixel by 11,000 pixel ) is from the Japanese Meterological service Himawari 8 geostationary weather satellite, it takes a full disk high resolution colour picture every 10 minutes.  If you haven't seen it, it is worth a look.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/10/science/An-Image-of-Earth-Every-Ten-Minutes.html?_r=4

Need I point out that the Himawari 8 satellite was designed and built in Japan,  launched on a MHI,  (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries) launch vehicle, from a Japanese launch site.   No NASA involvement anywhere

That is a real neat website but I still cannot verify that it is true by direct observation of reality with my own senses and you know as well as I, that the technology to be able to fake this is easy to use and abuse.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:41:18 AM by NotTheDude »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 11:14:50 AM »
You are coming in on a long and involved argument,  so I'll try and give you the short version from a round earth perspective.

So Let's just take the space question you raised.    All flat earthers  have to deny that sending stuff into space is possible.   ( I'll drop the word, travel, and make it more general. )

Why is that?  I hear you ask.    Simple,   as soon as they admit that  you can send stuff into space,  then that opens up the possibility that GPS satellites are real, weather satellites are real, the ISS is real,  and on it goes.   Pictures from space showing the earth to be a globe are real.   

The only way to maintain the argument that the earth is flat it to maintain the postition that no-one or thing has ever gone into space.    Everything space related  must therefore be a global conspiracy.  Some even take the view that there is a dome of some sort over the earth,  sort of a snow globe earth. 

Back to the Ice Wall,   first,  there is no ice wall surrounding the earth,   just because you can type it into google and get some hits doesn't make it real.   I can type "blue unicorns"  into google and get a heap of pictures,  doesn't make blue unicorns real.

The images that you keep linking to are just pictures of parts of the Antarctic coastline  ( and some big icebergs).   What makes you think that they are pictures of an ice wall around the earth?

Yendor

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2015, 11:23:20 AM »

You have to remember that's Yendor,   he still thinks that infrared is really high frequency sound waves.   

The time lapse video in that link is pretty spectacular.   

So now the Russians have a high resolution colour geostationary weather satellite,  as well as the Japanese,   but still NASA and the USA lag behind.    I wonder where EUSAT are up to with their latest satellites?

At the risk of overloading Yendor's infrared recognition skills,  this video has infrared as green.    ( probably a reasonable choice since it's picking up vegetation )

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">! No longer available

You can clearly see that it's 24 hour daylight at the North Pole,  and 24 Hour Night at the South Pole,   also you can see the tilt of the axis by the way the terminator angle flips between sunrise and sunset.

That's a lie, I don't think that at all. Be honest, do you really think this is a picture of the actual Earth and not a painting or computer generated?

This image was taken in August 1992 by the GOES-7 satellite. You can see Hurricane Andrew near North America. (Courtesy of F. Hasler, et al, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and NASA)
                              George Orwell

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2015, 11:26:51 AM »
NotTheDude, have you watched that video through to the end yet?  It shows that the space travel industry is massive and that the earliest space travel images could not be faked with the technology available at the time.  Faking the space travel industry is simply impossible.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:41:45 AM by mikeman7918 »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2015, 11:29:15 AM »

That's a lie, I don't think that at all. Be honest, do you really think this is a picture of the actual Earth and not a painting or computer generated?

This image was taken in August 1992 by the GOES-7 satellite. You can see Hurricane Andrew near North America. (Courtesy of F. Hasler, et al, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and NASA)

What do you think is fake about that image?   And don't say colour,  we already had that discussion.  Infra red is green in those Russian images.

Anyway,  I already posted a true colour image in the other thread.

Yendor

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 11:56:48 AM »

What do you think is fake about that image?   And don't say colour,  we already had that discussion.  Infra red is green in those Russian images.

Anyway,  I already posted a true colour image in the other thread.

Okay, If they look real to you so be it. I have no more to say about it.
                              George Orwell

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 02:26:43 PM »
You are coming in on a long and involved argument,  so I'll try and give you the short version from a round earth perspective.

Just deal with the points I make please and not try to drag to whole world and every possible argument into the mix.

So Let's just take the space question you raised.    All flat earthers  have to deny that sending stuff into space is possible.   ( I'll drop the word, travel, and make it more general. )

Why is that?  I hear you ask.    Simple,   as soon as they admit that  you can send stuff into space,  then that opens up the possibility that GPS satellites are real, weather satellites are real, the ISS is real,  and on it goes.   Pictures from space showing the earth to be a globe are real.   

A possibility that something could be REAL obviously doesn't make it REAL.

The only way to maintain the argument that the earth is flat it to maintain the postition that no-one or thing has ever gone into space.  Everything space related  must therefore be a global conspiracy.  Some even take the view that there is a dome of some sort over the earth,  sort of a snow globe earth.   

My points ONLY DEAL WITH THE VIDEO that mikeman7918 uses as his evidence of proof that the Earth cannot be flat.

I am not arguing anything about space travel nor about what "every FE'r believes or doesn't believe" and do not care to argue any further (and will NOT) about ANY issue except the ones I brought up PERIOD.

Back to the Ice Wall,   first,  there is no ice wall surrounding the earth,   just because you can type it into google and get some hits doesn't make it real.   I can type "blue unicorns"  into google and get a heap of pictures,  doesn't make blue unicorns real.

The images that you keep linking to are just pictures of parts of the Antarctic coastline  ( and some big icebergs).   What makes you think that they are pictures of an ice wall around the earth?

I am not arguing whether the ice wall is real or not only that the video states that "no one has ever photographed this great ICE WALL" - which , can be obviously shown to be BULLSHIT with a simple google search.

Are you saying that the google results showing thousands of pics of, as you put it, "parts of the Antarctic coastline" are not pictures of the ice wall?  Looks like an ice wall to me and to what must be ten's of thousands of pics that are referred to by this term.

Whether or not the video maker or you or anyone else believes that the ice wall is real, those ARE photos taken of the so-called ice wall.

So the statement "no one has ever photographed this great ICE WALL" is a complete bald-face lie.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 02:32:09 PM »
My points ONLY DEAL WITH THE VIDEO that mikeman7918 uses as his evidence of proof that the Earth cannot be flat.

You mean the video that you stopped watching before it gave evidence that space travel is not fake?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2015, 06:33:51 PM »
I am not arguing anything about space travel nor about what "every FE'r believes or doesn't believe" and do not care to argue any further (and will NOT) about ANY issue except the ones I brought up PERIOD.

My apologies,   I'm not making myself clear enough it seems.      You are criticising a debunking video that you don't understand, because you aren't familiar with the arguments that are being debunked.
I'll say it again, all flat earthers believe that all pictures from space are faked.   (Just so there's no confusion with amateur balloons and rockets, space starts from 120 km up )

I am not arguing whether the ice wall is real or not only that the video states that "no one has ever photographed this great ICE WALL" - which , can be obviously shown to be BULLSHIT with a simple google search.

Are you saying that the google results showing thousands of pics of, as you put it, "parts of the Antarctic coastline" are not pictures of the ice wall?  Looks like an ice wall to me and to what must be ten's of thousands of pics that are referred to by this term.

Whether or not the video maker or you or anyone else believes that the ice wall is real, those ARE photos taken of the so-called ice wall.
So the statement "no one has ever photographed this great ICE WALL" is a complete bald-face lie.

No,  once again you seem unaware of what the ice wall is.   The flat earth view is that the earth is surrounded by an impenetrable ice wall, that keeps the oceans from spilling over the edge.

The statement that "no one has ever photographed this great ICE WALL"  is true.   Antartctica is a continent,  it can be circumnavigated,  because it's a continent it cannot be the ice wall,  and pictures of the Antarctic coastline are not pictures of the ice wall.   Some flat earthers use the bipolar map projection, to overcome this limitation, but it still leaves the unanswered question, where is the ice wall and where is the edge?

If you want to criticize the video,  by all means do so,  but at least do us  ( and yourself )  the courtesy of understanding the arguments being debunked first.