Russian Troll Factory

• 4 Replies

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
Russian Troll Factory
« on: August 18, 2015, 09:07:55 PM »
Everyone who has ever posted round earth arguments on here,  has at some time or other been accused of being a paid government shill,   I think that's ridiculous for the flat earth conspiracy,  I mean who takes it seriously anyway?   

But there are other real instances where organizations are attempting to control social media and internet forums by employing paid shills  to derail and disrupt.   

Here is one that is in the news at present.    I wonder how many others there are,   more to the point,  if there is a flat earth one,  are they hiring?   ;D

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-12/inside-russias-troll-factory-internet-forums-social-media/6692318

They are calling them "pro Putin" trolls,  shills would be probably be a more accurate term.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Russian Troll Factory
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:25:17 PM »
Sounds like you shilling is getting weaker.  You handlers will not be happy. 

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:32:35 PM »
Sounds like you shilling is getting weaker.  You handlers will not be happy.

Shhh,   not so loud,   I'm angling for a pay rise,   the real reason the Russian one is in the news is because they weren't paying the shills the union rates.   

How much are the flat earthers paying these days?    I could still swap sides.    8)

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 09:37:07 PM »
I only get $.03 per post.  You? 

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 09:49:53 PM »
I only get $.03 per post.  You?

Not enough.   The news tells me that the Russian trolls were getting $US750 per month,   for posting 100 messages per day praising Putin,  so that's  2000 per month for $US750, which is $0.375 per message.  Mostly twitter and the Russian version of facebook. 

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/aug/18/woman-who-sued-pro-putin-russian-troll-factory-gets-one-rouble-in-damages

I think you and I should go on strike for better rates.    ???

I'm not all that surprised that such places as the Troll Factory exist,  I'm more surprised that they managed to get the story published.