Does Anyone Find it Suspect There Is No HD Live Video Of The Entire Globe?

• 187 Replies
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Re: Does Anyone Find it Suspect There Is No HD Live Video Of The Entire Globe?
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2015, 04:25:19 AM »
Mikeman, Protip for arguing with Papa Legba:

When reading the words he has written, instead of using the regular inner voice that you are familiar with, try using the voice of an annoying little kid. One that might say, "I know you are but what am I?" This voice should resonate with the actual mental age of Papa Legba and is much less debate-enticing.

I hear him as Eddie Haskell.
I'm no rocket scientist, but at least I know the Earth is round, Man went to the Moon, and air exists.

“Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.” Carl Sagan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2015, 05:31:45 AM »
Perhaps a quick browse though this list Papa?

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/experiments/experiments_by_name.html

Actually, I think that this one is a little better.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/experiments/experiments_by_expedition.html

But, then again, it seems that once he gets his hooks into something, he doesn't want to let it go, no matter what.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2015, 08:37:44 AM »
LOL!!!

Telescopes again!

Stop wasting my time, Liar; a telescope will give me no altitude data on your silly fake ISS, thus proving NOTHING.

Will you now tell me to buy a powerful Radar set, lying retard?

You know it's speed because you can observe it going around the world once every 40 minutes and knowing that you can calculate it's altitude given the speed it appears to move.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »
LOL!!!

Telescopes again!

Stop wasting my time, Liar; a telescope will give me no altitude data on your silly fake ISS, thus proving NOTHING.

You know it's speed because you can observe it going around the world once every 40 minutes and knowing that you can calculate it's altitude given the speed it appears to move.

Oh, so you have a magic formula to calculate speed based on frequency now?  Maybe you can share this with the rest of us? 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2015, 09:53:37 AM »
Oh, so you have a magic formula to calculate speed based on frequency now?  Maybe you can share this with the rest of us?

Imagine you are on a one mile long race track watching a car go around.  It keeps passing by you over and over, and if it passes by once per minute then you know that the car is going 60 miles per hour.  Knowing that, if you measured how fast the car passed a cross your field of view when it's close to you then you can calculate your distance from the race track.

Same goes for the ISS.  You can calculate it's speed and altitude with information that we can easily obtain.

« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2015, 11:51:43 AM »
LOL!!!

Telescopes again!

You mean:

Velocity = distance x frequency

That magic yet very simple formula....?
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2015, 01:51:16 PM »
Velocity = distance x frequency

You f**king idiot; my point is, that if the DISTANCE is incorrect, then the VELOCITY will be incorrect.

& as a telescope can NOT tell me the DISTANCE, then I can NOT know whether what I am looking at is truly flying at the claimed altitude of the ISS or is a SLOWER object flying at a LOWER distance.

Like a pimped-out spy-plane, for example...

Wtf is WRONG with you, retard?

Oh; I forgot - you're a Troll!

So STFU.

& LOL!!!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2015, 02:10:26 PM »
You halfwit Papa.

I am referring to the example Mikeman gave that if you know that the ISS takes 60 minutes to compete one orbit then you can calculate its velocity given that we know the circumference of said orbit.

Or for a simple example, if Mo Farah takes 1 min to run one 400m lap then you can calculate his velocity.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2015, 02:28:32 PM »
Only if you know for sure he's running a 400 metre lap, cretin...

So, as we have no way of knowing the Altitude of the light-in-the-sky you claim is the ISS, we have no way of knowing its Velocity.

Simple stuff; unless you're a troll or a shill or a liar or a criminal or even all three.

Ergo: LOL!!!

Now plead for me to be banned again, Losing Lying Loser Liar...

Cos that's LOL too!!!

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2015, 02:33:40 PM »
Only if you know for sure he's running a 400 metre lap, cretin...

So, as we have no way of knowing the Altitude of the light-in-the-sky you claim is the ISS, we have no way of knowing its Velocity.

Simple stuff; unless you're a troll or a shill or a liar or a criminal or even all three.

Ergo: LOL!!!

Now plead for me to be banned again, Losing Lying Loser Liar...

Cos that's LOL too!!!

When we know the speed of the ISS we can calculate how great the air resistance would be for the assumed height. There exist no airplane that could do one lap around the earth in 90 minutes, and no heatshields capable to resist the extreme temperatures that would occour if the ISS was flying in anywhere near dense atmosphere.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2015, 02:38:11 PM »
When we know the speed of the ISS we can calculate how great the air resistance would be for the assumed height.

You are shameless!

Now; carry on Lying...

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2015, 03:08:23 PM »
When we know the speed of the ISS we can calculate how great the air resistance would be for the assumed height.

You are shameless!

Now; carry on Lying...

If we assumed that it flew at 10 000 meters it would burn up because of air resistance. Also it would fly past our field of view much faster. The ISS has to be high up in order to not burn down. Another thing you can do is to measure roughly the time it takes for ISS to travel 20 degrees along your field of view directly above you. Holding out your hand at arm length and spreading out your thumb and your little finger shows you how much 20 degrees is roughly. Using this information together with the time it takes for the ISS to orbit once around earth in an equation that I will post tomorrow should give you the height of the ISS.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2015, 10:26:01 PM »
Rubbish; if it were flying far lower than claimed it would then also be flying far slower than claimed.

Your thinking is horribly flawed.

Plus, you have not addressed my alternative hypothesis that it could be a trackable n.e.o.

Whatever; provide your 'equations', idiot liar; it'll be a good example of how maths, when based on false premises, prove nothing.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2015, 10:58:56 PM »
Rubbish; if it were flying far lower than claimed it would then also be flying far slower than claimed.

Plus, you have not addressed my alternative hypothesis that it could be a trackable n.e.o.

Whatever; provide your 'equations', idiot liar; it'll be a good example of how maths, when based on false premises, prove nothing.

If it were flying low it would pass by 20° of your FOV very quickly, if it was high up it would take some time.

When in doubt; sources!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #165 on: August 27, 2015, 01:33:23 AM »

If it were flying low it would pass by 20° of your FOV very quickly, if it was high up it would take some time.

Perhaps you don't understand what scaling the speed to the altitude means, or perhaps you are simply trying to distract, derail, and disturb the conversation again, shill?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #166 on: August 27, 2015, 08:34:48 AM »

Exactaly.  If the ISS were not in space then it wouldn't be going 17,000 miles per hour and it wouldn't go around the world every 40 minutes.  We see it going around the would every 40 minutes though, so we know that it's orbiting the Earth.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2015, 08:48:26 AM »

Exactaly.  If the ISS were not in space then it wouldn't be going 17,000 miles per hour and it wouldn't go around the world every 40 minutes.  We see it going around the would every 40 minutes though, so we know that it's orbiting the Earth.

Every 90 minutes. 40 minutes is the length of daytime per orbital revolution on the ISS.

When in doubt; sources!

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2015, 08:56:05 AM »

Every 90 minutes. 40 minutes is the length of daytime per orbital revolution on the ISS.

And yet, it can only be seen once or twice per month for a minute or two.  ::)

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2015, 09:11:38 AM »

If you had a friend that is a few hundred miles east or west of you it would be easy to calculate it's speed.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2015, 09:38:58 AM »

Yes, because of its orbital inclination and rotation of the earth.  I know, those a alien concepts to FE'ers.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2015, 09:43:52 AM »

Yes, because of its orbital inclination and rotation of the earth.  I know, those a alien concepts to FE'ers.

mikeman claimed that it can be seen going around the Earth every 40 minutes.  Do you ever think, markjo, is it more fun to walk around with blinders on? 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2015, 09:54:55 AM »
mikeman claimed that it can be seen going around the Earth every 40 minutes.  Do you ever think, markjo, is it more fun to walk around with blinders on?

If you have the right latitude you can see the ISS fly by a few times in a row every 90 minutes (I was mistaken saying 40 minutes) without moving or having the help of friends.

« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2015, 10:37:16 AM »

The ISS passes above the horizon several times a day if you're within about 60° of the equator. With the right equipment you can see it during the day, but you also need to know what you're doing, so that is unlikely to interest you.

You can see it with your naked eye only those times when it's above your horizon after the sun has set or before it rises (so the sky is dark) but while the ISS is not in the shadow of the Earth (so it's sunlit); this is typically within a couple of hours after sunset or before sunrise, so it doesn't happen every day time, but is often more than a couple times a month; sometimes it's a couple times the same day. Some of these visible passes are before dawn, so you probably wouldn't be interested in those, either.

Favorable passes can last longer than 6 minutes.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2015, 11:37:09 AM »

mikeman claimed that it can be seen going around the Earth every 40 minutes. 
Yes, mikeman has been know to mix up some of his facts from time to time.

Do you ever think, markjo, is it more fun to walk around with blinders on?
Obviously you seem to.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2015, 01:00:56 PM »
So; still no rebuttal to my hypothesis that the ISS is simply a trackable n.e.o.?

Interesting; seems that may be more likely than it being a pimped-up high-altitude plane then.

Thanks, shills; you are SO useful!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2015, 01:11:21 PM »
So; still no rebuttal to my hypothesis that the ISS is simply a trackable n.e.o.?

Interesting; seems that may be more likely than it being a pimped-up high-altitude plane then.

Thanks, shills; you are SO useful!

So you think it's a high altitude plane which flies in space at orbital velocity and looks like a station?

« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2015, 01:17:29 PM »

You forgot to add from any single location to your post. Without it, your statement is simply incorrect.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2015, 01:23:42 PM »
Duh! 

Of course the ISS is a n.e.o. 

We've been telling you that all along. 

We just prefer to use the term satellite or space station. 

You're the one who refuses to actually look at the ISS n.e.o. through a telescope in order to get a better look at it.

LOL!!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2015, 01:28:36 PM »
Of course the ISS is a n.e.o. 

Truth hidden in plain sight...

Are you growing a Conscience, markjo?