Holy Bible Verse Compilation

• 21 Replies

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
Holy Bible Verse Compilation
« on: April 26, 2012, 07:01:12 AM »
Hey why not read some scriptures from our earth's most ancient historical documents? Stone Tablets engraved with the teachings of our Elders passed down for thousands of years and translated into all the languages of the world for all to hear:

Note: This is not a complete list, feel free to add other earth-related verses in the comments section.

(Gen 1:14-17 NRSV) And God said, "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years, and let them be lights in the dome of the sky to give light upon the earth." And it was so. God made the two great lights–the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night–and the stars.
God set them in the dome of the sky to give light upon the earth, "

(Gen 1:6-7 NRSV) And God said, "Let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters."

"Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him stars of light! Praise Him highest heavens, and the waters that are above the heavens!"
- Psalm 148:3-4

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”

Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”

Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”

Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”

Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”

Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

(Job 22:14 NRSV) "Thick clouds enwrap him, so that he does not see, and he walks on the dome of heaven."

Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

Job 38:13
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)

Jeremiah 16:19
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)

Daniel 4:11
11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH: (KJV)

Matthew 4:8
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; (KJV) 

"He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble.  (From the NIV Bible, Job 9:6)"

"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand.  (From the NIV Bible, Job 38:4)"

"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers.  He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.  (From the NIV Bible, Isaiah 40:22)"

Job 38:14 "As the light approaches, the earth takes shape like clay pressed beneath a seal. It is robed in brilliant colors."

(John 1:51 NRSV) And he said to him, "Very truly, I tell you, you will see heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man."

(Acts 10:11 NRSV) He saw the heaven opened and something like a large sheet coming down, being lowered to the ground by its four corners.

(Acts 7:56 NRSV) "Look," he said, "I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"

(Mat 3:16-17 NRSV) And when Jesus had been baptized, just as he came up from the water, suddenly the heavens were opened to him and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, the Beloved, with whom I am well pleased."

(2 Chr 6:26 NRSV) "When heaven (same Hebrew word as sky) is shut up and there is no rain because…

(Psa 78:23 NRSV) Yet he commanded the skies above, and opened the doors of heaven (same Hebrew word as sky);

(Mal 3:10 NRSV) Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house, and thus put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts; see if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing. (talking about rain for crops)

(Rev 11:6 NRSV) They have authority to shut the sky, so that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying,

(Gen 7:11-12 NRSV) In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened. The rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing. (Job 26:7)

He wraps up the waters in his clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their weight. (Job 26:8)

He covers the face of the full moon, spreading his clouds over it. (Job 26:9)

He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness. (Job 26:10)

The pillars of the heavens quake, aghast at his rebuke. (Job 26:11)

"Can you, with Him, spread out the skies, strong as a molten mirror?" (Job 37:18)

"Those who contend with the LORD will be shattered; Against them He will thunder in the heavens, The LORD will judge the ends of the earth; And He will give strength to His king, And will exalt the horn of His anointed." (1 Samuel 2:10)

All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before You. (Psalms 22:27)

God blesses us, That all the ends of the earth may fear Him. (Psalms 67:7)

He has remembered His lovingkindness and His faithfulness to the house of Israel; All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God. (Psalms 98:3)

The coastlands have seen and are afraid; The ends of the earth tremble; They have drawn near and have come. (Isaiah 41:5)

"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah 45:22)

The LORD has bared His holy arm In the sight of all the nations, That all the ends of the earth may see The salvation of our God. (Isaiah 52:10)

Behold, the LORD has proclaimed to the end of the earth, Say to the daughter of Zion, "Lo, your salvation comes; Behold His reward is with Him, and His recompense before Him." (Isaiah 62:11)

Sources:

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm

http://www.goatstar.org/the-bibles-flat-earthsolid-sky-dome-universe/

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/dome_of_heavens.html
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Holy Bible Verse Compilation
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 07:11:02 AM »
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:29:14 AM »
where are the four corners of the earth on a disc earth?

?

Mizuki

• Earth is NOT a Globe
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 09:39:33 AM »
I like Jesus. He was a Buddhist at heart.

I made a serious attempt to read the bible once. I found all that stoning people to death in the old testament a bit disturbing. And as for that miserable old sod, Jehouah - well i"d better stop there before i offend someone.

Mizuki x
"Earth is a maximal sphere in a cyclical space and its surface therefore a total plane, the equator plane of the Cosmos. The (total) plane, as well as the straight line and space as a whole, is flat, without curvature yet closed, running back on itself."

iWitness

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:53:20 AM »

I made a serious attempt to read the bible once. I found all that stoning people to death in the old testament a bit disturbing. And as for that miserable old sod, Jehouah - well i"d better stop there before i offend someone.

Mizuki x

John 8

1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

?

Mizuki

• Earth is NOT a Globe
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 10:06:48 AM »

Mizuki x

John 8

1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives. 2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them. 3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst, 4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

That is actually one of my fauourite stories from the bible. I belieue Jesus was a true spiritual master, maybe euen a Buddha. When Jesus said to those people "whoeuer is without sin, cast the first stone" - that is the perfect answer.  I belieue if you pray to Jesus with a sincere, open heart, he will answer your prayers.

Mizuki x
"Earth is a maximal sphere in a cyclical space and its surface therefore a total plane, the equator plane of the Cosmos. The (total) plane, as well as the straight line and space as a whole, is flat, without curvature yet closed, running back on itself."

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »
corners dont exist on discs,
so either the bible is wrong, or the earth is not a disc.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
where are the four corners of the earth on a disc earth?

Provide evidence that the earth is a disc and not a flat square. Oh, sorry, you can't.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »
so i guess, no four corners.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 09:00:11 AM »
still waiting, where are the four corners? discs dont have corners.

iWitness

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 10:18:21 AM »
still waiting, where are the four corners? discs dont have corners.

I am no expert on the Bible, but this is my interpretation.

Proverbs 8:27 "When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep,"

1 Samuel 2:8 "He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the LORD’s, and on them he has set the world."

If there are 4 pillars and the earth is a circle set upon them then maybe it looks something like this:

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 10:57:40 AM »
if you are not an expert on the bible, don;t post on why the bible suggests a disc shaped Earth.
and once again, does the Earth have 4 corner, which is impossible on a disc, or is the bible wrong.

iWitness

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 11:20:45 AM »
I think you can't possibly sum up the greatness that is Creation in a few words in a book. Regardless, it says that the earth is a circle in the deep and that there is water above heaven all around and below. So the Earth and Heavens are much more than the circle so it's possible the earth is a circle with 4 distinct corners. Not corners like a square but quadrants like sections where the earth is sitting on each of the pillars.

I know a lot of Flat Earthers believe the earth is moving upwards but I do not believe that. I do not know what causes us to stay down, but I think it has more to do with air pressure than anything. Sort of like how objects sinking in the ocean are compressed by the weight of all the water.

I'd also like to mention to anyone out there that most of these ideas are not my own and have been discussed before for hundreds if not thouands of years and writtten about in many books.

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 11:42:46 AM »
so according to your interpretation the four corners, can be any shape even spherical.
so, is the bible wrong ?

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
I thought the four corners were beneath the earth.  Or is that just the pillars and completely different?
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 05:37:45 PM »
still waiting, where are the four corners?

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 05:39:25 PM »
Yes, this belongs in Flat Earth General.  :-B
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

Frank Lee

• Truth has no agenda. Science does.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 08:22:53 AM »
After many hours searching and browsing the forums i found this topic.
Shame it hasn't been active in many years.
i suspect the greatest hope for understanding, lies herein.
My thanks to iWitness for this hopeful and GOD based study.
He claims no divine knowledge and allows us to think for ourselves. (Rare)

Flat earth is not new, but, is seeing a renewed consideration as of late.
Perhaps this is the new awakening spoken of in ancient writings. (Mayan dawn of a new age)

Since I have not the wherewithal nor the permission of those in control to search out all matters,
i am limited to research. i find frustrating how many questions are never answered, and how much truth is kept from the masses. Mostly, how much noise there is to distract us from the path to understanding.

This is not my world. i did not create it, so i will not pretend to tell you how things are. i, in turn, do not
give you permission to tell me how things are. But i would love to talk about it.

If one person hears, the world could change.

i present some evidence that the flat earth is not a new thought.

Quran

Q. 2:22
    WHO made the earth a bed for you, and the heaven a roof, and caused water to come down from the
clouds and therewith brought forth fruits for your sustenance; so do not set up equals to ALLAH, while you know.
Sher Ali

Q. 20:53
    [since he is the One] Who has laid out the earth as a carpet for you and has traced highways on
it for you, and sent down water from the sky, We have brought forth every sort of plant with it, of various types.
T.B. Irving

Buddhist

Ancient Buddhists imagined the universe as essentially flat, with Mount Meru at the center of all things.
Surrounding this universe was a vast expanse of water, and surrounding the water was a vast expanse of wind.
Our world was thought to be a wedge-shaped island continent in a vast sea south of Mount Meru, called Jambudvipa,
in the realm of Kāmadhātu. The earth, then, was thought to be flat and surrounded by ocean.

Concerning the Globe theory:
Donald Lopez, a professor of Buddhist and Tibetan studies at the University of Michigan, provides an illuminating
account of this culture clash in his book Buddhism and Science: A Guide for the Perplexed
(University of Chicago Press, 2008). Conservative Buddhists rejected the round world theory.

Hindu

“And out of those two halves he formed heaven and earth, between them the middle sphere, the eight points of
the horizon, and the eternal abode of the waters.”
The Laws of Manu

1. Aditya (the sun) is Brahman.
In the beginning this was non-existent. It became existent, it grew. It turned into an egg. The egg lay for the
time of a year. The egg broke open. The two halves were one of silver, the other of gold.

2. The silver one became this earth, the golden one the sky, the thick membrane (of the white) the mountains,
the thin membrane (of the yoke) the mist with the clouds, the small veins the rivers, the fluid the sea.

Judaism

The whole issue of Chazal's knowledge and the knowledge of Jewish sages through the ages about the build of the
planet Earth can be best summarized with a quotation from the Encyclopedia Hebraica, entry Geografiyah, p. 69:
"The leading opinion amongst Jewish sages until the second half of the 10th century was of a round and flat Earth
[like a coin] surrounded by ocean waters and floating in the abyss like a boat on the sea
(Midrash Pikrei D'Rabbi Eliezer, ch. 5 [from the 8th-9th centuries] and Midrash Konen [from the 10th century])

Mayan

The ancient Maya believed that the earth was flat (like most other civilizations at that time) and that it had
four corners. Some Maya believed that the earth was actually the back of a huge crocodile, resting in a pool
of water lilies.

The New testament.

Many verses have been covered so I offer this.

Revelation 1:7      
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds
of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Perhaps we live in a pyramid type structure.
A four sided base with a circle cut into it.
The sides reaching up to a center point, however, without the capstone in place.
Which would be where the true GOD's throne sits, and provides a footstool for GOD's feet.
Perhaps there is more than one barrier. The firmament, then a place of outer darkness.
Thinking on GOD is where it's at. Don't pass on the possibilities.

A scripture I dwell on often, but have many questions about is this.
Job 26:7      
He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

I know astronomers say there is a place billions of light years across, void of everything
including the supposed "Dark matter" sciences uses to make their stories seem to work.
This "great void" is in the "Southern sky"
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
GOD sets the north over what we call the south? Fascinating.
Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 04:48:57 PM »
I am a creationist and strongly believe that nothing this complex and perfectly in balance could ever come about by chance. The ones that poke fun at creationists are the ones who are truly grasping at straws. Anyone who demands literal explanations such as iwanttobelieve is missing the point of revelation. It is not to explain exactly the workings, which are far beyond our comprehension, all we need is a brief outline and that's all we get. Another text which explains much more in detail about the workings of creation is the Book of Enoch. A very ancient account by the great,great grandfather of Noah, well worth a read. Have no idea why this book was ever pulled from the bible, maybe it revealed too much!
The complete opposite of the way we are living is much closer to the True nature of life on this earth. About Face!

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 06:46:31 PM »
Hey why not read some scriptures from our earth's most ancient historical documents? Stone Tablets engraved with the teachings of our Elders passed down for thousands of years and translated into all the languages of the world for all to hear:

Note: This is not a complete list, feel free to add other earth-related verses in the comments section.

(Gen 1:14-17 NRSV) And God said, "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years, and let them be lights in the dome of the sky to give light upon the earth." And it was so. God made the two great lights–the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night–and the stars.
God set them in the dome of the sky to give light upon the earth, "

(Gen 1:6-7 NRSV) And God said, "Let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters."

"Praise Him, sun and moon; Praise Him stars of light! Praise Him highest heavens, and the waters that are above the heavens!"
- Psalm 148:3-4

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”

Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”

Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”

Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”

Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”

Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)

(Job 22:14 NRSV) "Thick clouds enwrap him, so that he does not see, and he walks on the dome of heaven."

Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)

Job 38:13
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)

Jeremiah 16:19
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)

Daniel 4:11
11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH: (KJV)

Matthew 4:8
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; (KJV) 

"He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble.  (From the NIV Bible, Job 9:6)"

"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand.  (From the NIV Bible, Job 38:4)"

"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers.  He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.  (From the NIV Bible, Isaiah 40:22)"

Job 38:14 "As the light approaches, the earth takes shape like clay pressed beneath a seal. It is robed in brilliant colors."

(John 1:51 NRSV) And he said to him, "Very truly, I tell you, you will see heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man."

(Acts 10:11 NRSV) He saw the heaven opened and something like a large sheet coming down, being lowered to the ground by its four corners.

(Acts 7:56 NRSV) "Look," he said, "I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!"

(Mat 3:16-17 NRSV) And when Jesus had been baptized, just as he came up from the water, suddenly the heavens were opened to him and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, the Beloved, with whom I am well pleased."

(2 Chr 6:26 NRSV) "When heaven (same Hebrew word as sky) is shut up and there is no rain because…

(Psa 78:23 NRSV) Yet he commanded the skies above, and opened the doors of heaven (same Hebrew word as sky);

(Mal 3:10 NRSV) Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house, and thus put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts; see if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing. (talking about rain for crops)

(Rev 11:6 NRSV) They have authority to shut the sky, so that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying,

(Gen 7:11-12 NRSV) In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened. The rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

He spreads out the northern skies over empty space; he suspends the earth over nothing. (Job 26:7)

He wraps up the waters in his clouds, yet the clouds do not burst under their weight. (Job 26:8)

He covers the face of the full moon, spreading his clouds over it. (Job 26:9)

He marks out the horizon on the face of the waters for a boundary between light and darkness. (Job 26:10)

The pillars of the heavens quake, aghast at his rebuke. (Job 26:11)

"Can you, with Him, spread out the skies, strong as a molten mirror?" (Job 37:18)

"Those who contend with the LORD will be shattered; Against them He will thunder in the heavens, The LORD will judge the ends of the earth; And He will give strength to His king, And will exalt the horn of His anointed." (1 Samuel 2:10)

All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before You. (Psalms 22:27)

God blesses us, That all the ends of the earth may fear Him. (Psalms 67:7)

He has remembered His lovingkindness and His faithfulness to the house of Israel; All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God. (Psalms 98:3)

The coastlands have seen and are afraid; The ends of the earth tremble; They have drawn near and have come. (Isaiah 41:5)

"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah 45:22)

The LORD has bared His holy arm In the sight of all the nations, That all the ends of the earth may see The salvation of our God. (Isaiah 52:10)

Behold, the LORD has proclaimed to the end of the earth, Say to the daughter of Zion, "Lo, your salvation comes; Behold His reward is with Him, and His recompense before Him." (Isaiah 62:11)

Sources:

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm

http://www.goatstar.org/the-bibles-flat-earthsolid-sky-dome-universe/

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/dome_of_heavens.html

How do you know men did not change the words of the Bible to accommodate their beliefs of the Earth's shape?? We all know they took YHWH out of the King James bible and replaced it with 'the LORD'. But YHWH is God's name. He intended on people knowing his name but men wanted it changed.

It's just as likely they changed words to fit their own view with regards to the Earth.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 09:29:48 AM »
One of your verses is the one that discribes Earth as a disk.  I actually looked into that more because I know that translations can cause errors and the Bible has been translated many times.  The original Hebrew Bible uses a word that discribes roundness in general like disks, orbs, spheres, and rings.  Another bible verse describes the corners of the Earth, so either the Bible uses metaphors and was translated by imperfect people or it is flat out contradicting it's self.  When interpreting the bible as literally as you are you need to refer to the original source rather then relying on translations of translations of translations of metephorical stuff.  When you do that you find that rond Earth starts to be supported and flat Earth gets another nail in it's coffin.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Frank Lee

• Truth has no agenda. Science does.
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »
The old testament was written in Hebrew. It may not be as accurate as Greek, but, the meanings are clear and the King James Version quite good in this case.
NO WAY "The circle" can be translated "Ball" as I have demonstrated here.
I am not sure what it means, but, I will not make it say what it does not.

Isaiah 40:22
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

pon the circle H2329
חוּג chűwg, khoog; from H2328; a circle:—circle, circuit, compass.

Isaiah 22:18
He will surely violently turn and toss thee like a ball into a large country: there shalt thou die, and there the chariots of thy glory shall be the shame of thy lord's house.

H1754    duwr    dure    ball, round about, burn
Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.