Disprove the flat earth theory to me...

• 47 Replies
Disprove the flat earth theory to me...
« on: August 03, 2015, 01:41:26 PM »
Ok, here we go...

I think there is something wrong with the globe model, I'm not saying it's flat, I'm not saying it's square or triangle or indeed that it's not a globe! But there are some major issues that have become apparent recently with the globe theory.

1) curvature
2) stars positioning
3) flight routes
4) lack of images of earth (especially in its entirety)

Amongst others...

In this thread I would like some FACTS (gravity is a theory, just as much as God is so please keep that theology to yourself) try to remember, a real genius can explain the complex to a child.

Like a child, explain it please lol I don't do ridiculous fractions and formulae.

Thanks,

Craig

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: Disprove the flat earth theory to me...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 01:50:05 PM »
The sun doesn't appear to get smaller as it sets. This is only possible in a round earth.

Also topics shouldn't be simplified just because you don't understand. This can lead to problems.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 01:59:21 PM »
Not really,

Im not asking to avoid facts just cause I'm not as smart, use them but explain them. I'll catch up quick!

And if not, I'm sure I can learn it lol

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 02:01:43 PM »
Ok, here we go...

I think there is something wrong with the globe model, I'm not saying it's flat, I'm not saying it's square or triangle or indeed that it's not a globe! But there are some major issues that have become apparent recently with the globe theory.

1) curvature
2) stars positioning
3) flight routes

Amongst others...

In this thread I would like some FACTS (gravity is a theory, just as much as God is so please keep that theology to yourself) try to remember, a real genius can explain the complex to a child.

Like a child, explain it please lol I don't do ridiculous fractions and formulae.

Thanks,

Craig

Can you please say what the issues are?
Like what is the problem with the curvature?

And we have more than enough images of earth, though often not in its entirety because you would probably need a satellite in a very high orbit to make a picture of it and that would probably cost some money. And it seems quite useless because we can just map it and be done with it.

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »
The sun doesn't appear to get smaller as it sets. This is only possible in a round earth.

That and the sun should never intersect the horizon on a flat earth.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 02:11:00 PM »

This was taken from earth, the iss. Right where NASA says it would be. And it looks just like it.
Also, imagine making CGI 24/7 real-time in correspondence with the current weather.
That's what NASA would have to do for just the ISS livestream.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 04:31:32 PM »
The earth casts a round shadow on the moon.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 04:36:50 PM »
Or, so you are told.   ;)

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 05:39:27 PM »
Bruh, if u don't believe the earth is flat, ur as dumb as Christopher Columbus.

Techros

• Destroyer of Flat Worlds
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 05:54:30 PM »
Ok, here we go...

1) curvature
The earth is really, really big. That's why it's hard to see.
2) stars positioning
What about it?
3) flight routes
See previous.
Look up "Earth".

Amongst others...
Please specify.

Gravity is a theory. God is not. And a child would be easier than a flat-earther,due to lack of bias.

Thanks,

Craig
FEH is like tying rubber ducks to your car to go across the pacific: it might work, but why not take a better way?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 09:18:25 PM »
Ok, here we go...

1) curvature
2) stars positioning
3) flight routes

Amongst others...

Thanks,

Craig

Welcome to the forum,    I can have a go at  questions 3 and 4,  but you are going to supply some more specifics if you want a discussion on questions 1 and 2.

Question 3.   Flight Times.
I assume you mean that flight times in the Southern Hemisphere  don't match up with the flat earth map?    This has been done to death on this forum,  and the conclusion is that the flights are real, but the maps are wrong. There is currently no accepted flat earth map.  The map that gets bandied about as the flat earth map, is nothing of the sort, it is the map of the GLOBE, projected onto a flat plane,  the azumithal equidistant projection.  And as a map it works for the nothern hemisphere,  but fails completely in the southern hemisphere.   
The "often promoted" map is the Gleason New Standard Map of the World http://maps.bpl.org/id/15442 
Another map that get's a bit of interest is the bipolar map, where antarctica is a continent,  not an imagined ice wall.
http://i.imgur.com/i9hKrVN.png
The bipolar map gets a bit convoluted when it comes to sun path issues. 

Question 4.  Lack of full disk images.
This is just completely wrong,  someone is lying.   there are millions of full disk images of the earth from space,   there are  geostationary weather satellites taking full disk images in multiple wavelengths every 30 minutes or so,   that's  hundreds per day every day for years.   Current generation weather satellites being commissioned like the Japanese Himwari 6 take full colour,  full disk  images every 10  minutes,  there is an amazing time lapse covering a day's worth of images here. 

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/10/science/An-Image-of-Earth-Every-Ten-Minutes.html?_r=3

You can see the tilt of the earth's axis by the way the terminator flips between dawn and dusk,   and you can see the 24 hour daylight at the North Pole and 24 hour night at the South Pole.
Just in case you subscribe to the NASA fakes everything conspiracy, the Himawari 6,  is JMA (Japan Meterological Agency)   and JAXA,  (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency)  launched by a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Launch vehicle, from  Tanegashima Space Center   No NASA involved.

If you want to see some other geostationary weather satellite web sites, then  here are some more.

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/goesfull.html
http://www.goes.noaa.gov/f_meteo.html
http://www.jma.go.jp/en/gms/
http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/index.html
http://www.goes.noaa.gov/f_ind.html

If you don't trust the official sites,  then here is a list of amateur weather satellite sites.
http://www.wxtoimg.com/gallery/

Or you can build your own receiver to get real-time weather satellite images.
http://www.hobbyspace.com/Radio/WeatherSatStation/intro.html

None of the millions of pictures have ever taken shown the earth to be flat.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:23:33 PM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 02:34:31 PM »
Ok, here we go...

1) curvature
2) stars positioning
3) flight routes

Amongst others...

Thanks,

Craig

1) There is observable curvature.
2) I don't know what you mean.
3) They actually disprove the flat earth theory.
4) There are. Loads.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Yendor

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2015, 03:08:24 PM »
Ok, here we go...

1) curvature
2) stars positioning
3) flight routes

Amongst others...

Thanks,

Craig

Craig, go to YouTube and look at some videos of the Earth from the Apollo mission days. See if the Earth looks real to you. There is one video showing the astronauts putting a paper cut out of the Earth on the window of the space craft. Keep in mind these same people telling you all the facts about round Earth actually believes these image are real and the cut out of Earth is definitely real. Do a lot of research like I have and maybe it will clear some things up for you. Have fun and good luck to you!
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2015, 03:18:11 PM »
Ok, here we go...

1) curvature
2) stars positioning
3) flight routes

Amongst others...

Thanks,

Craig

Craig, go to YouTube and look at some videos of the Earth from the Apollo mission days. See if the Earth looks real to you. There is one video showing the astronauts putting a paper cut out of the Earth on the window of the space craft. Keep in mind these same people telling you all the facts about round Earth actually believes these image are real and the cut out of Earth is definitely real. Do a lot of research like I have and maybe it will clear some things up for you. Have fun and good luck to you!

If you are such an expert at CGI and Photoshop please make a realistic believable non-CGI/Photoshop looking image of the flat earth that is gonna be soo much better than the amateur level of CGI/Photoshop of NASA pictures.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Yendor

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 03:27:36 PM »
Ok, here we go...

1) curvature
2) stars positioning
3) flight routes

Amongst others...

Thanks,

Craig

If you are such an expert at CGI and Photoshop please make a realistic believable non-CGI/Photoshop looking image of the flat earth that is gonna be soo much better than the amateur level of CGI/Photoshop of NASA pictures.

See Craig how they want to attack you when you question their teachings. You have to watch out for that.  One minute they are friendly and the next minute they are attack dogs. Don't let them push you around, fight back.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 03:45:16 PM »
Ok, here we go...

1) curvature
2) stars positioning
3) flight routes

Amongst others...

Thanks,

Craig

See Craig how they want to attack you when you question their teachings. You have to watch out for that.  One minute they are friendly and the next minute they are attack dogs. Don't let them push you around, fight back.

Are you derailing because you can't do it and don't want to admit it, or because you are trolling a little and will post the expert CGI of flat earth in your next post?

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

tappet

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 08:07:24 PM »
Ok, here we go...

1) curvature
2) stars positioning
3) flight routes

Amongst others...

Thanks,

Craig

I can not find where Yendor claimed to be an expert at CGI, could you point it out? The only one on here claiming to be an expert in CGI as far as I know is Mikeman.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »
Using trigenometry it's rather easy to calculate horizon related things like horizon distance and how much the horizon is below eye level on a round Earth.  Even at 30,000 feet high the horizon is expected to be about 3 degrees below eye level which is easy to notice yet the curvature is hard to make out especially with tiny airplane windows.

I have calculated that space travel could not be faked because early space travel footage looks better then the best fake videos at the time by a huge margin and are perfectly consistent with images taken more recently.  Also, there are many photos of Earth as long as you dig around a bit.  Most are from close up like from the ISS, and non composite images need to be taken from a long distance away.  The only manned missions to get that far were the Apollo missions, but there are many space probes which have sent back photos of Earth from afar.

I could elaborate on this stuff if you want or provide more proof that Earth is round.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 09:17:44 PM »

Watching conspiracy videos doesn't constitute research,  it's just confirmation bias, when you've already been brainwashed by the conspiracy nutters.   Did you come across the web site http://www.clavius.org/ in your research?   If you want to believe that liar and con-man  Bart Sibrel over all the evidence to the contrary, then read the facts first.   http://www.clavius.org/bibfunny8.html

I have offered to debate the Apollo moon missions with you before, and you always run away and hide,  is that because you know that it's true, and there is no conspiracy?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

tappet

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 09:26:06 PM »

Watching conspiracy videos doesn't constitute research, 
Yendor, I tend to agree with ausGeof here. The videos contain so many anomalies it is obviously done on purpose so people think they have found something. Just double spin.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2015, 01:08:05 AM »
Ok, here we go...

1) curvature
2) stars positioning
3) flight routes

Amongst others...

Thanks,

Craig

I can not find where Yendor claimed to be an expert at CGI, could you point it out? The only one on here claiming to be an expert in CGI as far as I know is Mikeman.

All FEs claim that the pictures of earth are clearly CGI. Since it seems to be impossible for anyone but a FE to see this obvious CGI then you all have to be experts at CGI that can spot the CGI marks that no one else can.

When in doubt; sources!

?

tappet

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 01:49:47 AM »
Ok, here we go...

1) curvature
2) stars positioning
3) flight routes

Amongst others...

Thanks,

Craig

All FEs claim that the pictures of earth are clearly CGI. Since it seems to be impossible for anyone but a FE to see this obvious CGI then you all have to be experts at CGI that can spot the CGI marks that no one else can.
Wot?

Yendor

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 02:03:36 PM »

Watching conspiracy videos doesn't constitute research,  it's just confirmation bias, when you've already been brainwashed by the conspiracy nutters.   Did you come across the web site http://www.clavius.org/ in your research?   If you want to believe that liar and con-man  Bart Sibrel over all the evidence to the contrary, then read the facts first.   http://www.clavius.org/bibfunny8.html

I have offered to debate the Apollo moon missions with you before, and you always run away and hide,  is that because you know that it's true, and there is no conspiracy?

I'm sorry Rayzor, but you must be talking about someone else because i've never run away from you on any subject.
                              George Orwell

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2015, 02:11:21 PM »
As we are already on the subject of space travel being fake, can someone tell me why on a flat earth it is impossible?

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »
Because the earth looks round from space.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

V

• icosatetrachoron
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2015, 02:51:48 PM »
As we are already on the subject of space travel being fake, can someone tell me why on a flat earth it is impossible?
FE'ers will tell you; any spacecraft would come crashing down because earth is accelerating upwards.
Of course, that's nonsensical, because gravity exists.
i don't need a signature. go away.

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2015, 04:55:13 PM »
(gravity is a theory, just as much as God is so please keep that theology to yourself)
Despite the best efforts of gravity haters, we know that with 100% consistency, all objects near the Earth's surface will go down at 9.8 m/s^2 unless acted on by another force.

Call it a theory all you want (which is only because we still don't know how the force is transferred at a quantum level). Something is causing this consistent acceleration. Feel free to call it Bob if that makes you feel better.

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 05:03:37 PM »
About a year ago my wife and I stayed up late at a park to watch one of the blood red lunar eclipses that happened recently. I can personally attest to having seen a round shadow pass over the moon over a period of about five hours or so.

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2015, 05:07:13 PM »
FE'ers will tell you; any spacecraft would come crashing down because earth is accelerating upwards.
Of course, that's nonsensical, because gravity exists.

Gravity or not, you can still point a rocket to the the sky and as long as you have thrust (meaning fuel) you can still fly to the moon, or sun. but as soon as you loose that thrust (meaning out of fuel) you will come crashing down (unless you use a parachute). so you can theoretically still go up in space, take a couple of pictures, and safely land. Unless there is an invisible wall or something its all still possible.

?

tappet

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2015, 11:08:43 PM »
About a year ago my wife and I stayed up late at a park to watch one of the blood red lunar eclipses that happened recently. I can personally attest to having seen a round shadow pass over the moon over a period of about five hours or so.
Shouldn't this be happening every month?