...yet another dumb video by Jeranism...

• 128 Replies

jeranism

• Flat Earth Believer
  • The deception of NASA is without measure.
Re: ...yet another dumb video by Jeranism...
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2015, 09:53:09 AM »

I've used my telescope for terrestrial viewing and it never distorts anything.  Are telescopes intelligent being that photoshop images of planets to make them look round?

Until right now, I actually used to think Mike was at least somewhat intelligent.  My thoughts have changed.  Are telescopes intelligent beings derp derp derp?  Nope, they are made with concave mirrors. (Refer to your holy book, the wikipedia for details)

Yeah you are right - what was I thinking. Those mirrors don't make anything look spherical.  For the record, I don't think I will be back to waste more time on people who scream globe for a living. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

To anyone who is actually truly interested in exposing this hoax... ending the run of the God hating science backers who can do nothing but repeat nonsense they were taught by men they think are so smart... LEAVE THIS FORUM. Look at this clown Mike, 4900 posts!  Haha, about the globe?  I think he loves balls a bit too much and they can't stop us now. It is flat and no one is laying down anymore. So, come over to chat at jeranism.com or do what you gotta do to not feed these know nothing trolls.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2015, 10:04:38 AM »
Have you learnt the difference between left and right yet Jeranism?
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2015, 10:07:49 AM »
If Jeranism is dumb, what does that make you shills????   You guys must feel dumber and dumberer if not the dumbest. 

I bet if you shills told whatever friends you may have in real life "Hey!  Guess what?  I spend xxxHours each day trolling Flat Earth online forums trying to convince people the earth is NOT flat. Come join me!  It is fun!" they would look at you like the complete dumbasses you genuinely are. 

Seriously, you guys must feel incredibly dumb arguing with flat earthers ---- even your fake-President has better things to do with his waste of time.  You guys????  Ha! Ha!! Ha! Ha!!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2015, 10:27:59 AM »

I've used my telescope for terrestrial viewing and it never distorts anything.  Are telescopes intelligent being that photoshop images of planets to make them look round?

Until right now, I actually used to think Mike was at least somewhat intelligent.  My thoughts have changed.  Are telescopes intelligent beings derp derp derp?  Nope, they are made with concave mirrors. (Refer to your holy book, the wikipedia for details)

Yeah you are right - what was I thinking. Those mirrors don't make anything look spherical.  For the record, I don't think I will be back to waste more time on people who scream globe for a living. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

To anyone who is actually truly interested in exposing this hoax... ending the run of the God hating science backers who can do nothing but repeat nonsense they were taught by men they think are so smart... LEAVE THIS FORUM. Look at this clown Mike, 4900 posts!  Haha, about the globe?  I think he loves balls a bit too much and they can't stop us now. It is flat and no one is laying down anymore. So, come over to chat at jeranism.com or do what you gotta do to not feed these know nothing trolls.

Telescopes are more then just mirrors, and only one variety of telescope uses them.  Telescopes also use lenses which removes distortion.

Just buy a telescope and look at a terrestrial object.  I assure you that it works.  In fact: binoculars are a type of telescope designed specifically for viewing things on the ground and if you use them to look at planets the planets still look very round.  You don't even need a telescope to view the Moon and that always looks round.

Scientists are not God haters.  I am a Christian and I believe that science is valid.  If you don't believe me then refer to the Apollo 8 genesis reading where the crew of Apollo 8 read from Gesisis while orbiting the Moon.  NASA almost got sewed for it.  Why would NASA do this if they are fighting against God?  Every piece of Anerican currency has "In God we trust" engraved or printed on it and that is also the national motto and "One nation under God" is in the pledge of allegiance.  Even Stephen Hawking is undecided on the issue.  The government is indifferent about your religion, your right to worship as you choose is in the constitution and the government respects it.  If there were a conspiracy they could easily take away that right but they don't.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

jeranism

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2015, 10:28:17 AM »

Wow, you got me. I had no idea.  You're right though. We are on a magical spinning ball accidentally. Spinning 1000 mph and flying 66,000 mph through space... good point. I totally feel the 584 million miles we travel in one year as we orbit the sun (that is one of billions) 93 million miles away. While that sun orbits some other bullshit and our attached atmosphere just goes along with us but allows flies and butterflies to buck the gravity system whenever they want. I guess the oceans want to stay in their basins.... that's how gravity holds the billions of pounds of water to the earth while also doing the same to a newborn baby without crushing it.  How could I be so stupid to trust my eyes when all I need to do is trust in the sound science of evolution and radio carbon dating.  Jeeeezus you fools are classic.  Dating rocks. 4.54 billion years old.  Buhahaha   my white ass!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2015, 10:35:48 AM »

Wow, you got me. I had no idea.  You're right though. We are on a magical spinning ball accidentally. Spinning 1000 mph and flying 66,000 mph through space... good point. I totally feel the 584 million miles we travel in one year as we orbit the sun (that is one of billions) 93 million miles away. While that sun orbits some other bullshit and our attached atmosphere just goes along with us but allows flies and butterflies to buck the gravity system whenever they want. I guess the oceans want to stay in their basins.... that's how gravity holds the billions of pounds of water to the earth while also doing the same to a newborn baby without crushing it.  How could I be so stupid to trust my eyes when all I need to do is trust in the sound science of evolution and radio carbon dating.  Jeeeezus you fools are classic.  Dating rocks. 4.54 billion years old.  Buhahaha   my white ass!

Now I know why your videos are so lacking in content,  you don't actually have any.   What about stopping with the "argument from incredibility"  nonsense and present something logical that supports your point of view.

Just because you can't comprehend something,  or that you personally find it incredible,  doesn't make it false.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

jeranism

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2015, 10:47:13 AM »

Telescopes are more then just mirrors, and only one variety of telescope uses them.  Telescopes also use lenses which removes distortion.

Just buy a telescope and look at a terrestrial object.  I assure you that it works.  In fact: binoculars are a type of telescope designed specifically for viewing things on the ground and if you use them to look at planets the planets still look very round.  You don't even need a telescope to view the Moon and that always looks round.

Scientists are not God haters.  I am a Christian and I believe that science is valid.  If you don't believe me then refer to the Apollo 8 genesis reading where the crew of Apollo 8 read from Gesisis while orbiting the Moon.  NASA almost got sewed for it.  Why would NASA do this if they are fighting against God?  Every piece of Anerican currency has "In God we trust" engraved or printed on it and that is also the national motto and "One nation under God" is in the pledge of allegiance.  Even Stephen Hawking is undecided on the issue.  The government is indifferent about your religion, your right to worship as you choose is in the constitution and the government respects it.  If there were a conspiracy they could easily take away that right but they don't.

Wow Mike... you got a lot of learning to do.  In God we trust... wasn't this country started by Freemasons?  Who do you think they call God?  One nation, under God.  The conspiracy is being both my friend.  Have you not looked into anything?  That is the big hoax.  Same as as above so below....  How do you think the Banks make money off every war?  They are on both sides.  The God haters, the devil worshippers are on both sides.  They are science and they are religion.  Want to be sick to your stomach?  I basically grew up in a Catholic church and one day as a 8 or 9 year old I was kind of under the altar and saw a little sliding trap door thing. Afraid to touch it, I asked the priest who told me that every Catholic altar in every church has a bone of a martyr inside. Gross right.... well, wait for it.  When the two whistleblower girls came out saying that they had been apart of seances and sacrifices under the Vatican, she said that they sacrificed babies and then they were cut up and the bones were sent to all the new churches across the world....  Yeah, imagine that. Every Catholic church has an altar with the bone of a dead baby that was sacrificed to Lucifer in it.  Competition is sick in the head

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2015, 11:10:00 AM »

So that's a no then.

Come back when you've learnt the difference.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2015, 11:42:40 AM »

Instead of posting your bullshit here, why don't you actually try to use a telescope and see for yourself? Are you trying to tell me that NASA photoshops the hill that is 2 miles away from my home into my telescope without any distortion, so that it will trick me into thinking there is no distortion in telescopes? Just find a friend who owns a reflective telescope and try it. Or buy a telescope. The distortion is there, but nowhere NEAR what you think.

You also don't seem to realize that newtonian telescopes aren't the only type of telescope. Refracting telescopes have almost no distortion, because they use lenses. Essentially, what they are is really really long telephotos. Since when do telephotos display distortion? Schmidt Cassegrains use a corrective lens in front of the telescope to minimize distortion and chromatic aberration. Ritchey Chretien telescopes use hyperbolic mirrors in a special setup to eliminate the effects of distortion. All those telescopes are preferred by astrophotographers, because they exhibit less distortion in the edges of the image. However, the planets still look the same, because 1) the distortion isn't as prominent as you think it is, and 2) objects in the center of the frame don't appear distorted.

I have nothing else to tell you. Your illiteracy when it comes to telescopes and optics is evident. Just get a newtonian telescope and use it to observe distant terrestrial objects. You will see that there is almost no distortion. In fact, here is a photo taken with a newtonian reflector: https://www.astronomics.com/images/imgs10_26_2009/at8inF33.jpg

As you can see, there is some distortion in the edges of the picture, but it's barely noticeable. If there was as much distortion as you say, the stars would appear to form a "ball".
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2015, 11:50:31 AM »

Actually, I just realized I have a great way to show you why you're wrong about the distortion: just search for images of the moon using newtonian reflectors. Gee, I wonder why it looks like we see it with the naked eye, only larger, but with no obvious distortion!

You know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to take a photo of a distant object using my reflector tomorrow, and give you the picture. Then you'll have no choice but to admit you are an idiot.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2015, 12:32:34 PM »
By the way, Jeranism, since you are a "truth seeker", you wouldn't want to spread misinformation to your viewers, would you? Well, do you remember your point where you said that during different seasons, in a heliocentric round earth model, we would see completely different stars, and the ones that we used to see 6 months ago would be obstructed by the sun, so, since according to you, this is clearly not what we observe, the earth can't be a globe? Well, I've said it before and I will say it again, we DO see different stars during different seasons. You used that same point in TWO DIFFERENT VIDEOS, and it is clearly wrong. So, I challenge you to publicly acknowledge that mistake in a video. I'm 90% certain that you won't do it. You're too selfish. But if you don't, it will show that your aim isn't to promote the truth, but to distort the facts to support your opinion.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

jeranism

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2015, 03:35:30 PM »
 :D

By the way, Jeranism, since you are a "truth seeker", you wouldn't want to spread misinformation to your viewers, would you? Well, do you remember your point where you said that during different seasons, in a heliocentric round earth model, we would see completely different stars, and the ones that we used to see 6 months ago would be obstructed by the sun, so, since according to you, this is clearly not what we observe, the earth can't be a globe? Well, I've said it before and I will say it again, we DO see different stars during different seasons. You used that same point in TWO DIFFERENT VIDEOS, and it is clearly wrong. So, I challenge you to publicly acknowledge that mistake in a video. I'm 90% certain that you won't do it. You're too selfish. But if you don't, it will show that your aim isn't to promote the truth, but to distort the facts to support your opinion.
Okay, can you try and pay close attention?  And just for you I will bring it up in the next video even though most people understood what I was saying, especially the second time.   Please look at this image... not to scale and not correct constellations, I just know of a few that are grouped.

-Okay, point 1, the circumpolar stars are in the North and are always visible.
-Yes, as we go around the sun, we see different seasonal constellations for longer or shorter time periods. Possibly rising later or earlier.
-This already is a problem because when we get back to our starting point... we start over again as stars return their spots from a year prior.

How can that be possible?  In the years time, where we have traveled 584 million miles... the sun has traveled 4.4 billion (count em Sr. Knows Nothing) miles. TRAVELED 4.4 BILLION MILES AND the stars return to their starting spots? That means in 5000 years, Earth has traveled the distance of the closest star in total travel, yet by returning to start the year, the star returns as well. Impossible. Bullshit science babble that you suck up and surely swallow.

Now, back to the drawing. As I stated the second time in my video, look at the night side and yellow arrows.  I can go outside, and every night stand in my driveway and see the North Star, Polaris. So how is that?  I am faced in a different direction and have the sun to contend with.  The point of the story if you actually listened instead of just going there and praying for a mistake is that this makes no sense to anyone and astronomy gets to say, "they are so far away that you don't notice any of the movement.  But that isn't true because as you just pointed out, they can be seen at different times in the year.

Do you see the problem here?  It is bullshit and obvious. They explain somethings way with nonsense that they then need to use for another theory. So, explain that.  My 66,000 mph speed each day causes 1 degree of change a day for a total of 360 degrees in a year. But the sun moving at 500,000 mph for 4 billion miles causes no change at all by the end of the year.  You believe a lie. Will you ever face it or keep bowing to your high priest Neil NoClasse Tyson? 

Pezevenk

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2015, 04:41:29 PM »
Why do you have to contend with the sun? Is there sunlight coming directly into your eyes or illuminating the atmosphere to have to contend with it? You don't have to contend with anything. I don't know why you thought that makes sense.I think you are forgetting that light that doesn't directly hit you in the eyes in a natural, it is invisible. It's no less a mistake than what I told you before.

Now you seem to think that saying that stars are so far away is just an excuse. No it isn't. Tons of measurements of their distance exist. But you can just ignore them, those satanic scientists just want to manipulate you. But now a question has to be posed: what are stars in a flat earth model? Because in a heliocentric round Earth model, it's easy to explain: it's just very distant suns. The explanation is simple and elegant, and it passes the "test" of the Occam 's razor. In fact, it's such a good explanation, that it goes perfectly in line with the results that spectroscopy gives us, and the "inner workings" of stars are also perfectly explained. This doesn't necessarily mean an explanation is right, but if it collectively explains so much, it's a good indicator that there's actually truth in it.

You also seem to miss that even though we are moving at an immense speed relative to the galaxy center, most visible stars move WITH us, because they're on the same spiral. Think of our galaxy as a giant merry go round. Although you are moving at a considerable speed, do you see any "change" in the merry go round? When looking towards the center, you see the same thing you saw ten seconds ago. You look to your right, same thing. You look to your left, same thing once again. You look at the outer edge of the merry go round, same. It's pretty much the same for our galaxy, we're spinning around it. Now objects like other galaxies are also visible in the night sky, and they're not moving with us. However, these objects are extremely far away, so it's not visible. Their red and blue shifts have been measured though, and they ALSO go perfectly in line with current cosmology, not to mention the novae that have been discovered INSIDE those galaxies.. And before you jump in and say "but who measured the red and blue shifts? TEH LYING SATANIC SCIENTISTS DID!!!", well, no. Many amateurs do it as well. With the right equipment and sufficient knowledge, anyone can do it, and I personally know a person who has. Amateur spectroscopy is a major thing in the amateur astronomy community. And, contrary to what you believe, telescopes do work.

By the way, here's another coincidence for you: have you seen the patterns of dust and gasses visible on long exposure photos of our milky way? Guess what, similar ones exist in other galaxies as well... Hmm...

You also seem to be fixated on the idea that the night sky never changes. How do you know how the stars were 10000 years ago (well, probably not too different, as I explained to you, but you get the point). There clearly is progression. Just look up the supernovae that have been observed and documented over the history.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:44:56 PM by Definitely Not Official »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2015, 09:57:58 AM »
Hey, Jeranism! I just found out that Halley was the first to study and compare ancient observations of the night sky, compare them with contemporary observations, and find that the positions of the stars do indeed change. What's more, I found that Barnard's star is the star whose position appears to change the most in the night sky. How much does it change? 10.3 arc seconds, which is about 1/350th of a degree. Here's a GIF that showcases exactly that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnard%27s_Star#/media/File:Barnard2005.gif

So I guess you were wrong once again when you thought stars don't change positions. I'm not expecting you to address that, since you've already ran away from the argument.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2015, 10:13:11 AM »
Jeranism, you know that seasonal constellations is a thing that happens in reality right?  Your prediction that it should happen on a round Earth actually supports round Earth.

Here is a challenge for you: tell me one thing that we expect to see on a round Earth that we don't see in reality.

Pezevenk

« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2015, 10:25:03 AM »
Jeranism, you know that seasonal constellations is a thing that happens in reality right?  Your prediction that it should happen on a round Earth actually supports round Earth.

Here is a challenge for you: tell me one thing that we expect to see on a round Earth that we don't see in reality.

As it turns out, it wasn't about seasonal constellations. I think. You know what? I have no idea what it was actually about.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

sircool

• flat, round, whatever throats your goat
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2015, 10:41:22 AM »
Tried to watch it, about 14minutes in and he states that science is a religion. This is a joke.
If it's flat, that would be very interesting for science

Pezevenk

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2015, 10:53:05 AM »
Tried to watch it, about 14minutes in and he states that science is a religion. This is a joke.

The joke stops being funny when so many people take him seriously.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2015, 10:58:03 AM »
Oh, I see.  He was talking about stars moving.

Jeranism, all the stars around us move more or less with the Sun.  It's not perfect but the stars don't change enough to notice in a human life time.

My challenge still stands, in fact: I made a thread challenging flat earthers to find flaws in round Earth and I haven't gotten any good responses.  Maybe you can change that, but I doubt it.  Here is the thread.

Pezevenk

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »
Oh, I see.  He was talking about stars moving.

Jeranism, all the stars around us move more or less with the Sun.  It's not perfect but the stars don't change enough to notice in a human life time.

My challenge still stands, in fact: I made a thread challenging flat earthers to find flaws in round Earth and I haven't gotten any good responses.  Maybe you can change that, but I doubt it.  Here is the thread.

As it turns out, there are some (very few and not visible with the naked eye) stars that do move fast enough to be noticeable in a human life, like Barnard's star. Well... So much for the "firmament" some FErs believe in.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

jeranism

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2015, 02:05:12 PM »

Very easy.  If the Earth was a ball...  We would see the following situation, but first we need a thought experiment and I wanted to answer your question from earlier where you asked me about telescopes.  I absolutely never said that they totally distort every image. What I have said time and time again is that stars and planets and even the moon and sun have always appeared as discs or circles. Now, before you and your buddies jump at that one, please understand that you were raised with telescopes and NASA so we cannot look at our lives to see if that is true. I study history and the ancients worshipped the sun disc and the moon disc. Look in the sky and I know your mind will say sphere because you think you know.  Now, it is very true that telescopes do make planets and stars appear to be balls, but we also know they use a convex mirror.

Now to the challenge. Think of this. Imagine you and I and 1 million others hold hands starting at the N. Pole and go down the globe till we hit the south pole. Now imagine we are facing the soon to rise sun. Now still holding hands we have another group of 1 million holding hands heading back up the opposite side and facing the soon to set sun, meeting back up at the starting point at the N. Pole.  Are you with me so far?

Lets # the people so person 1 is at the N. Pole and person 1,000,000 is at the south pole.  I'm sure you are with me so far. So person to the left of the North Pole would be # 2,000,000. 

Okay, person #5 and person #999, 995 are damn near antipode each other correct?  They are both about to see the sun rise....  from their feet up.  On a globe, you would see the sun come around the corner from your left or right at times and it isn't seen. 

What do I win Mikey?

Pezevenk

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2015, 03:17:24 PM »

Very easy.  If the Earth was a ball...  We would see the following situation, but first we need a thought experiment and I wanted to answer your question from earlier where you asked me about telescopes.  I absolutely never said that they totally distort every image. What I have said time and time again is that stars and planets and even the moon and sun have always appeared as discs or circles. Now, before you and your buddies jump at that one, please understand that you were raised with telescopes and NASA so we cannot look at our lives to see if that is true. I study history and the ancients worshipped the sun disc and the moon disc. Look in the sky and I know your mind will say sphere because you think you know.  Now, it is very true that telescopes do make planets and stars appear to be balls, but we also know they use a convex mirror.

Now to the challenge. Think of this. Imagine you and I and 1 million others hold hands starting at the N. Pole and go down the globe till we hit the south pole. Now imagine we are facing the soon to rise sun. Now still holding hands we have another group of 1 million holding hands heading back up the opposite side and facing the soon to set sun, meeting back up at the starting point at the N. Pole.  Are you with me so far?

Lets # the people so person 1 is at the N. Pole and person 1,000,000 is at the south pole.  I'm sure you are with me so far. So person to the left of the North Pole would be # 2,000,000. 

Okay, person #5 and person #999, 995 are damn near antipode each other correct?  They are both about to see the sun rise....  from their feet up.  On a globe, you would see the sun come around the corner from your left or right at times and it isn't seen. 

What do I win Mikey?

What a joke...

Why don't you use a telescope? So now telescopes select which objects to distort and which not to? Because it really sounds to me like that's what you're trying to say. Are you also trying to say that the distortion makes Venus appear like it has phases? Or the moons of Jupiter transiting, orbiting around and going behind the planet? Or that they make the rings of Saturn clearly appear going behind the obviously spherical planet (if you look at it, you can even see the divisions of the rings, lines on the atmosphere of Saturn, and, depending on when you look at it, hints of the round shadow that it casts on the rings, if you have a powerful enough telescope, like I do)? And even though both when looking at a star field and a terrestrial object, the distortion is minimal, but when you look at a planet, it suddenly becomes extreme? Also, do you really believe the moon is a disk? Other than the fact that it looks perfectly spherical to me and to any honest person on earth, if you use binoculars or a telescope and study it's surface, you can easily see craters and mountains angling away from you the closer you get to the edge, just like you would on a spherical surface! Face it, your position on this subject is untenable.

Now for your thought experiment. I really really really don't know what you mean and I really really really don't know what is confusing you so much with sunsets and sunrises. You can try illuminating a ball with a flashlight in a dark room if it confuses you so much. The situation that you presented (if it is what I think you mean) happens during an equinox in the north and south pole. During that time, the sun for person 5 and 999995 would appear to very slowly make a circle going from juuust above to juuust below from the horizon. I think you can try using Stellarium to see what would happen. You really have to explain what is confusing you better.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2015, 03:33:30 PM »
I have no trust in this Jeranism creation. Definitely controlled opposition. I had to find out for myself, so went to his site and signed into their chat. It's a bias carry on and a cosy little clique that discourages free thinking but pretends it's open to it.
I'm wondering if there's any to really trust out there. If there is, someone let me know because these places put up a good pretence but fail very quickly.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2015, 06:32:15 PM »
Are you sure you are not referencing Eric Dooby's forum?  Nobody is allowed to ask questions there lest the be permanently banned. 

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2015, 12:34:04 AM »
Are you sure you are not referencing Eric Dooby's forum?  Nobody is allowed to ask questions there lest the be permanently banned.
I was banned immediately on Dubay's forum after one post. I lost faith in any of the forums after that.
I tried Jeranism's chat and for the 10? chat members they have, most are moderators and the rest as vip members. I asked if they all knew each other and was told that they were all random. I gave up there and then. Not to be trusted for me.

Pezevenk

« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2015, 09:54:15 AM »
I can't believe this. Now flat earthers suspect other flat earthers. This is actually getting ridiculous.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »
I can't believe this. Now flat earthers suspect other flat earthers. This is actually getting ridiculous.
Conspiracy theorists always turn on each other.  It's hilarious.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

tappet

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2015, 01:38:01 PM »
Conspiracy theorists always turn on each other.  It's hilarious.
Using the old conspiracy theorist card again, troll?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2015, 08:14:53 AM »

What do I win Mikey?

Telescopes are not sentient beings who give a crap about what they are pointed at.  If they distort things in the sky then they would distort things on the ground too.  In any case, the Sun and Moon still look round without the use of a telescope.

Now about your thought experiment: you are right, that would happen.  The probelem is that a requirement of the challenge is that it's something that we don't observe in reality.  Very high north the Sun's azimuth gets lower in the sky, where I live the Sun gets very close to directly overhead in the summer but it doesn't quite get there, just south of me though it sometimes is directly overhead.  Just ask anyone living really far north: the Sun's azimuth never gets very high in the sky and this means that the Sun rises at an angle like you predicted.  In the Arctic and Antarctic there is something known as the midnight sun where the Dun never sets and just moves around in circles.  According to your thought experiment this is exactally what we expect on a round Earth.

Poko

« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2015, 09:22:22 AM »
I love it. jeranism once again proves that he has no idea how the round earth model actually works. I suspect that many flat earthers don't believe the round earth simply because they don't understand it. jeranism also does not believe in evolution, but it is clear from his video about it that he does not understand how evolution works.

It's normal not to accept something you don't understand, but you aren't even making an effort to understand.
"In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection." - Hugo Rossi