...yet another dumb video by Jeranism...

• 128 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
...yet another dumb video by Jeranism...
« on: July 31, 2015, 09:10:47 AM »
Ah, good old Jeranism, thinking he is so much more intelligent than the little science shills...

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Seriously, somebody has to tell this guy that we don't see the same stars all year. And, while we're at it, let's also tell him that what he is pointing at is not the Big Dipper, but the Little Dipper. It's sad that people actually believe this guy.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
Re: ...yet another dumb video by Jeranism...
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 09:20:58 AM »
I know, he is flat out stupid. He doen't even quite know the difference between left and right.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Pezevenk

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 09:35:54 AM »
I know, he is flat out stupid. He doen't even quite know the difference between left and right.

"flat out stupid". I really hope this pun was indeed intended :)

The sad part is that people think he is intelligent because... I don't know, he sounds intelligent to them I guess? He just ponders over things and repeats them over and over and over again, then pauses, uses flawed logic, compares throwing chalks at a chalkboard to molecules combining, and continues some more saying how "science indoctrinates people" and it "is not open to criticism" because it rejects idiots like him, and for some reason uses the fact that nobody has ever bred a dog out of a cat as a point against evolution, which makes... no sense.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »

The sad part is that people think he is intelligent because... I don't know, he sounds intelligent to them I guess? He just ponders over things and repeats them over and over and over again, then pauses, uses flawed logic, compares throwing chalks at a chalkboard to molecules combining, and continues some more saying how "science indoctrinates people" and it "is not open to criticism" because it rejects idiots like him, and for some reason uses the fact that nobody has ever bred a dog out of a cat as a point against evolution, which makes... no sense.

He knows what his audience wants to hear, and he is not claiming to be super smart or superior. That's where he wins a lot of viewers.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Pezevenk

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 12:01:50 PM »

He knows what his audience wants to hear, and he is not claiming to be super smart or superior. That's where he wins a lot of viewers.

He definitely appears to pretend to be superior to me. Even the fact that he appears to think that seasonal stars is such a groundbreaking, unique discovery by him that has not been noticed by the thousands if not millions of scientists much more intelligent than him and then proceeding to call them dipshits shows a certain degree of arrogance. I think he makes his viewers feel "smart" and "critically thinking" because they know the "truth" that everybody else doesn't know, because they are "sleeping sheep".

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 12:23:11 PM »
I really wish that FE'ers would learn what RET actually predicts. 

Wow, I can't see Polaris during the day, so the earth must be flat.  ::)

Why is he looking at stars near the celestial poles when he should be looking stars near the celestial equator instead?  Does he think that no one will notice little details like that? 
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Pezevenk

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 12:49:01 PM »
I really wish that FE'ers would learn what RET actually predicts. 

Wow, I can't see Polaris during the day, so the earth must be flat.  ::)

Why is he looking at stars near the celestial poles when he should be looking stars near the celestial equator instead?  Does he think that no one will notice little details like that?

But why do you say that? The "Big Dipper" is a simple "star system" and easier to understand!

(sarcasm)

Anyway, I don't know if that stems from his massive idiocy or from his need to deceive people.

By the way, are you a FE or an RE? I am kinda confused lol

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 12:57:48 PM »

He definitely appears to pretend to be superior to me. Even the fact that he appears to think that seasonal stars is such a groundbreaking, unique discovery by him that has not been noticed by the thousands if not millions of scientists much more intelligent than him and then proceeding to call them dipshits shows a certain degree of arrogance. I think he makes his viewers feel "smart" and "critically thinking" because they know the "truth" that everybody else doesn't know, because they are "sleeping sheep".

Kinda. He acts like it, although he does say throughout most of his videos he is not an expert. He usually says that the round earth scientists and Nasa are stupid, and that he is smarter than them. But he also makes it clear that it is "simple once you open your mind", meaning that anyone can see through it regardless of intelligence or knowledge. In that way he marks himself as a person of generic expertise/knowledge. He also say straight out that he only just read up on stuff, admitting that he doesn't have proper education in the subjects. But yes, he is arrogant and thinks he is smarter than people who have doctorates in advanced physics and other scientific subjects that believes in spherical earth or works for Nasa or other space agencies.

When in doubt; sources!

Pezevenk

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 01:51:54 PM »

Kinda. He acts like it, although he does say throughout most of his videos he is not an expert. He usually says that the round earth scientists and Nasa are stupid, and that he is smarter than them. But he also makes it clear that it is "simple once you open your mind", meaning that anyone can see through it regardless of intelligence or knowledge. In that way he marks himself as a person of generic expertise/knowledge. He also say straight out that he only just read up on stuff, admitting that he doesn't have proper education in the subjects. But yes, he is arrogant and thinks he is smarter than people who have doctorates in advanced physics and other scientific subjects that believes in spherical earth or works for Nasa or other space agencies.

OK, I see what you mean. But I just can't stand the way these guys just shit all over the hard work of scientists and NASA and insult them like that. And maybe Jeranism should open his mind as well and realize what the truth is. Besides, he KNOWS that his influence on some people is very great, and he might mislead them, so he should be careful of what he says. I mean, thanks to him, some people are now considered dipshits for repeating what he says. He should realize that he has thousands of viewers and he should check twice before saying whatever stupid thing he wants to say. Besides, if he does open his mind, the basis of science and the ways everything is derived is all out there. He can check it all out, and if he finds something that he thinks is wrong, he can simply ask a real scientist to clarify. That's why I can't stand people who think that special relativity is a lie. All you have to accept is that the speed of light is finite and appears the same to every observer. If you accept that, then it can derived relatively simply.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »

OK, I see what you mean. But I just can't stand the way these guys just shit all over the hard work of scientists and NASA and insult them like that. And maybe Jeranism should open his mind as well and realize what the truth is. Besides, he KNOWS that his influence on some people is very great, and he might mislead them, so he should be careful of what he says. I mean, thanks to him, some people are now considered dipshits for repeating what he says. He should realize that he has thousands of viewers and he should check twice before saying whatever stupid thing he wants to say. Besides, if he does open his mind, the basis of science and the ways everything is derived is all out there. He can check it all out, and if he finds something that he thinks is wrong, he can simply ask a real scientist to clarify. That's why I can't stand people who think that special relativity is a lie. All you have to accept is that the speed of light is finite and appears the same to every observer. If you accept that, then it can derived relatively simply.

Yeah, it's really painful to watch his videos sometimes.

When in doubt; sources!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 03:21:30 PM »
What I don't get is why he keeps claiming that modern science is full of dogma that must not ever be challenged when many of those concepts (big bang, expanding universe, evolution, etc.) challenged and overturned the previous dogma that must not ever be challenged (steady state universe, creation, etc.)
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 03:53:23 PM »
Honestly...  ::)

I made it a few minutes in, as far as the "funeral for the globe", and gave up. A 49-minute-long video? Seriously???

I sure hope he's being paid by someone to put these things together. If not, he needs to find a more useful hobby.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 03:57:17 PM »

I made it a few minutes in, as far as the "funeral for the globe", and gave up. A 49-minute-long video? Seriously???

I sure hope he's being paid by someone to put these things together. If not, he needs to find a more useful hobby.

I usually skip a few minutes ahead until the background changes, meaning hes going into a new subject. Impossible to listen straight through unless you believe in it or think that you are actually learning something.

When in doubt; sources!

Pezevenk

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 01:12:49 AM »

Yeah, I just skip until the background changes as well. I'm like:
Jeranism: Evolution is a lie and you're being indoctrinated...
Me: Ok, got it, time to skip ahead.
Jeranism: ...but the educational system and your teachers keep...
Me: I thought he'd have changed subject by now... Oh well... let's skip ahead...
Jeranism: ...your teachers...
Me: FUCK! Skip ahead...
Jeranism: ...you can't breed a cat into being a dog.
Me:  ???

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Pezevenk

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 01:16:44 AM »
What I don't get is why he keeps claiming that modern science is full of dogma that must not ever be challenged when many of those concepts (big bang, expanding universe, evolution, etc.) challenged and overturned the previous dogma that must not ever be challenged (steady state universe, creation, etc.)

Because... I don't know...  ???

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 01:34:38 AM »

Me: I thought he'd have changed subject by now... Oh well... let's skip ahead...

Yeah. I usually watch his dedicated debunk/proof/hoax videos, more interesting subjects and they show how badly educated and how badly he understands science, as well as it shows his ignorance and lack of proof. It's mostly NASA since, y'know, NASA is all powerful and they control everything and without them the earth has to be flat.

In one video he tried to debunk the coriolis effect. He read from a text "in the northen hemisphere objects veer to the right in relation to the direction of travel and in the southern hemisphere objects veer to the left in relation to the direction of travel." He then brings up a map and draws 2 straight arrows going north and south from the equator. On the northen hemisphere he draws a new arrow that veers to the right in relation to the northen straight arrow to show the coriolis effect. He then draws on the southern hemisphere an arrow that veers to the right in relation to the southern straight line. He had just read that in the southern hemisphere objects veered to the left but he made it veer to the right instead. Unaware of his kindergarten mistake he then came to the conclusion that it is the same directioneverything veers to in either of the hemispheres. I facepalmed kinda hard there. In another or the same video he was watching live feed from the ISS when the sun disappeared behind a part of the ISS. He didn't understand anything apparently as he said "oh, so the sun just disappears in space. That's normal." When the sun appeared again from behind that part he one again had no idea, saying that that has to be proof that NASA is a hoax. Another facepalm.

When in doubt; sources!

Pezevenk

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 10:25:34 AM »

Yeah. I usually watch his dedicated debunk/proof/hoax videos, more interesting subjects and they show how badly educated and how badly he understands science, as well as it shows his ignorance and lack of proof. It's mostly NASA since, y'know, NASA is all powerful and they control everything and without them the earth has to be flat.

In one video he tried to debunk the coriolis effect. He read from a text "in the northen hemisphere objects veer to the right in relation to the direction of travel and in the southern hemisphere objects veer to the left in relation to the direction of travel." He then brings up a map and draws 2 straight arrows going north and south from the equator. On the northen hemisphere he draws a new arrow that veers to the right in relation to the northen straight arrow to show the coriolis effect. He then draws on the southern hemisphere an arrow that veers to the right in relation to the southern straight line. He had just read that in the southern hemisphere objects veered to the left but he made it veer to the right instead. Unaware of his kindergarten mistake he then came to the conclusion that it is the same directioneverything veers to in either of the hemispheres. I facepalmed kinda hard there. In another or the same video he was watching live feed from the ISS when the sun disappeared behind a part of the ISS. He didn't understand anything apparently as he said "oh, so the sun just disappears in space. That's normal." When the sun appeared again from behind that part he one again had no idea, saying that that has to be proof that NASA is a hoax. Another facepalm.

How can his viewers not notice his immense blunders?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

The Truth Seeker

• listen and know no lies...
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 04:45:48 AM »
Ah, good old Jeranism, thinking he is so much more intelligent than the little science shills...

Seriously, somebody has to tell this guy that we don't see the same stars all year. And, while we're at it, let's also tell him that what he is pointing at is not the Big Dipper, but the Little Dipper. It's sad that people actually believe this guy.

jeranism is dumb just like the round earthers... he knows no truth...
"Perhaps when I am gone you will appreciate me more, and realize I was about truth, justice and possessing a steadfast determination to demolish the walls of deception and unbelief." Lord Steven Christopher

Pezevenk

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2015, 02:36:03 PM »

You and your concave earth are even more dumb.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2015, 02:51:19 PM »

the truth can not be dumb it can only be truth...
"Perhaps when I am gone you will appreciate me more, and realize I was about truth, justice and possessing a steadfast determination to demolish the walls of deception and unbelief." Lord Steven Christopher

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2015, 09:24:59 PM »
Jeranism was actually on this forum for a short time.  He is indeed a nut job who needs to attend a first grade science class.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Pezevenk

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 02:37:44 AM »

Except of when it's not the truth.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 03:08:18 PM »

Except of when it's not the truth.

concave earth is truth...

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 12:03:15 AM »

Citation needed.

Poko

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 03:29:27 AM »

Citation needed.
You can't ask for evidence of the concave earth. Facts are part of the conspiracy!
"In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection." - Hugo Rossi

The Truth Seeker

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 07:51:38 AM »

Citation needed.

maybe check the thread WERE YOU AVOIDED MY PROOFS

Pezevenk

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 01:46:58 PM »

Citation needed.

The only thing that could possibly ever be considered something resembling a "proof" would be that stupid flawed experiment.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2015, 02:00:57 PM »

What thread are you talking about?

V

• icosatetrachoron
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2015, 02:22:17 PM »

Citation needed.

First, obligatory ad hominem attack: "where", not "were". Poor grammar does not help you win a debate.
Second, let's disprove your idiocy right here and now:
1. When I look up, I see the sky, not the ocean or land. With a concave Earth we should be seeing other land when we look up.
2. What holds us to the ground? What prevents oceans over us from spilling out?
3. There is no horizon with concave earth.
i don't need a signature. go away.

The Truth Seeker