Questions for Jroa

• 20 Replies

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
Questions for Jroa
« on: July 30, 2015, 06:05:48 AM »
Hello Gary Sanderson,
This thread is for people of the round-earth persuasion to ask you questions about various flat-earth topics, due to you being the only real active flat earther.
Please note, i am fully aware that I can find the answers for these questions in previous threads, but this is more accessible, and allows for further discussion.

Questions
1. Could you please explain the midnight sun effect in antarctica on a flat earth, with a spotlight sun?

2. Could you please explain how you came to be a flat-earther?

3. Could you please explain what holes you see in the round earth model?

If you  could please answer in layman's terms, I will be much obliged.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Questions for Jroa
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:40:25 AM »
The midnight sun is likely a myth, like the coriolis effect. 

I became a flat Farther after examining all of the evidence and keeping an open mind.

I have seen way too many NASA lies to count.  Why would you believe anything they say when they have been proven to be liars, manipulators, and deceivers?

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 08:09:32 AM »
Jroa

How far does light travel through dry sea-level 15 degrees celsius 14.7 psi atmospheric air?
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Yendor

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 11:52:39 AM »

I became a flat Farther after examining all of the evidence and keeping an open mind.

I have seen way too many NASA lies to count.  Why would you believe anything they say when they have been proven to be liars, manipulators, and deceivers?

Jroa, When you say the midnight sun is likely a myth, isn't it when the sun will rise on the horizon an set a short time later? if that is so, well i've seen that happen plenty of times. I was in the navy and spent some time inside the arctic circle and I have seen the sun out at 11:00 at night and barely set before it stats to rise again. Or i'm I talking about something else?
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »

Jroa, When you say the midnight sun is likely a myth, isn't it when the sun will rise on the horizon an set a short time later? if that is so, well i've seen that happen plenty of times. I was in the navy and spent some time inside the arctic circle and I have seen the sun out at 11:00 at night and barely set before it stats to rise again. Or i'm I talking about something else?

Nope, that is midnight sun. If you're north enough the sun never sets at all. Same thing happens if you are south enough. But here is a problem with a spotlight-like sun during midnight sun in the antarctic visualised:

That Scroto wants an answer to.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

Yendor

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 12:42:46 PM »

Nope, that is midnight sun. If you're north enough the sun never sets at all. Same thing happens if you are south enough. But here is a problem with a spotlight-like sun during midnight sun in the antarctic visualised:

I messed up and didn't read the question right. I was thinking atrica not antarctica. Does flat Earth believe there even is an antarctica?
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 01:18:59 PM »

I messed up and didn't read the question right. I was thinking atrica not antarctica. Does flat Earth believe there even is an antarctica?

Yes, but they believe that it is a great wall of ice, and that it is the border of the world, and that governments have military protecting it at all costs.

It is also visited by few hundreds scientists and tourists every year.

When in doubt; sources!

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 04:13:27 PM »
How is that a flaw in the round earth model itself?
NASA doesn't have to be legitimate for the earth to be round.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 04:25:19 PM »

This is not a debate forum, as much as you would like it to ha. 

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 04:27:22 PM »

I asked a flat earth question.
When it was answered, i asked another question to clarify.
How is that debating?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »
You think you are so smart, why don't you actually try to answer the questions?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 06:09:40 PM »
Then why don't you move this thread to the debate forum so that your answers can be more thoroughly discussed?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 06:14:20 PM »
Why don't you [expletive] off, markjo? 
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:02:58 PM by Jane »

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 04:04:02 AM »
Why don't you fuck off, markjo?

That how people respond when in a corner.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 05:08:47 AM »
You think you are so smart, why don't you actually try to answer the questions?
To which questions are you referring?

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 05:11:02 AM »

Excellent example set by the moderators here.....
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 07:38:23 AM »
Jroa, what made you such a bitter and twisted person?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 12:19:05 PM »

Won't you be bitter if everything you believed in, is ripped to shreds by overwhelming evidence?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 02:28:18 PM »

Won't you be bitter if everything you believed in, is ripped to shreds by overwhelming evidence?

Wouldn't it be better if jroa cut out all the vulgarity, off topic remarks, insults, et cetera, et cetera and so forth, ad infinitum, ad nauseum and as moderator did something to improve the often snail's pace of this website. ???
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 02:40:22 PM »
Cut him some slack, look at my signature.

But, to answer a question, some do believe in antarctica, some don't. Some believe in an ice wall, some a dome.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 04:02:35 PM »
Has anyone ever told you that you're a mean drunk?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.