foucault's pendulum

• 9 Replies
foucault's pendulum
« on: July 26, 2015, 12:50:06 AM »

The oscillation of a Foucault's pendulum at the North Pole undergoes a full clockwise rotation during one day; a pendulum at the South Pole rotates counterclockwise.
why on a flat earth does this happen?
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

Yendor

Re: foucault's pendulum
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:28:26 AM »

The oscillation of a Foucault's pendulum at the North Pole undergoes a full clockwise rotation during one day; a pendulum at the South Pole rotates counterclockwise.

Have you seen this happen, especially on the south pole?
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 03:58:15 PM »

As I have not bend to either the North or South pole, or south of the equator, I relay on others observations of such maters, you only need to go south of the equator to see the counterclockwise rotation of the pendulum, the poles being the extreme case. 
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 03:57:57 AM »

As I have not bend to either the North or South pole, or south of the equator, I relay on others observations of such maters, you only need to go south of the equator to see the counterclockwise rotation of the pendulum, the poles being the extreme case.
Prove it !!!!! It cant even do a full 360 degree revolution over a 24 hour period . With out fraudulent assistance. If the bloody thing was all it was craped up to be , you would never have to pay for power generation again. Its a fraud .
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 05:19:12 AM »

Prove it !!!!! It cant even do a full 360 degree revolution over a 24 hour period . With out fraudulent assistance. If the bloody thing was all it was craped up to be , you would never have to pay for power generation again. Its a fraud .

To generate power coils of wire are passed through a magnetic field to generate electrical current. However this also produces a force directly opposite to the direction  of motion. A Foucault pendulum would quickly come to a stop if attempted  to be used in this way.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »

On what grounds?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 05:34:44 PM »
This is simply the manifestation of Mach's Principle.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 04:31:39 AM »

Then what causes the varying rate of precession as you change latitude?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 04:21:01 PM »
The rate of precession of the observable stars at various latitudes.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 11:36:39 AM »

Isn't this an example of "begging the question" fallacy?

According to the FE wiki the coriolis effect is the result of the motion of the stars. And according to you the motion of the Foucault Pendulum is due to Mach's principle (even though the stars are very tiny in FE I guess they must have a mystical allure)

In order to demonstrate the rotation of the Earth without the complication of the dependence on latitude, Foucault used a gyroscope in an 1852 experiment. The gyroscope's spinning rotor tracks the stars directly. Its axis of rotation is observed to return to its original orientation with respect to the earth after one day whatever the latitude, not being subject to the unbalanced Coriolis forces acting on the pendulum as a result of its geometric asymmetry.

...a Foucault pendulum at 30° south latitude, viewed from above by an earthbound observer, rotates counterclockwise 360° in two days.

When a Foucault pendulum is suspended at the equator, the plane of oscillation remains fixed relative to Earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum

You could keep track of that rotation by driving a big post into the Equator as shown in view A of
figure 3-11. If this post were upright at 1200, the Earth's rotation would carry it around so it would be
pointing to your right at 1800. Likewise, the Earth's rotation would carry the post around so that at 2400 it
would be upside down. Then, at 0600 the next day, the post would be pointing to your left. Finally, at
1200 the next day the post would be back in its original position, having been carried, with the Earth,
through its complete rotation. Notice that the post has many positions as you observe it—because it is
attached to the Earth's surface and does not have rigidity in space.

If you put a gyroscope in place of the stake, you will see a different action. Imagine a gyroscope
mounted at the Equator with its spin axis aligned with the E/W axis of the Earth. The gyro is spinning and
has rigidity in space. Now look at view B. At 1200 the spinning axis is horizontal with respect to the
Earth's surface. At 1800 the spinning axis is vertical with respect to the Earth's surface; but the gyro is
still spinning in the same plane as before, and the black end is pointing away from the Earth's surface. At
2400, the spinning axis is again horizontal. At 0600 the spinning axis is again vertical, and the black end
points toward the Earth. Finally, at 1200 the next day, the gyro is in the same position as when it started.
The plane of spin of the gyro wheel did not change direction in space while the gyro rotated with the
Earth. This is because the gyro is rigid in space.

http://www.navymars.org/national/training/nmo_courses/nmoc/module15/14187_ch3.pdf

So how is it that Mach's principle in FET causes two different results between theFoucault Pendulum and a Gyroscope at the equator? What causes the gyroscope to rotate in the vertical plane at the equator? Mach's principle does not apply to this motion at all. The rotation of stars in the south cannot occur directly overhead at every location along the ice wall. In fact that only happens at the south pole. Why is that?
http://photolibrary.usap.gov/PhotoDetails.aspx?filename=POLESOUTHERNROTATION.JPG

Of course being flat myself I am a flat earth advocate and I only ask these questions of you as a point of clarification and because I assume you are more intelligent than a flounder.

Another more modern example of a gyroscope detecting the rotation of the earth:
http://www.elsevierscitech.com/pdfs/Geim/Detection_of_earth_rotation_with_a_diamagnetically_levitating_gyroscope2001.pdf

Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
Are you a specist? Why do you restrict this principle to humans?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:20:09 PM by flounder »
Earth is flat because I am flat, and that's that. I am flat because god is flat and I was made in the great flounder's image.