A lie 9+ years in the making

• 109 Replies
?

BJ1234

Re: A lie 9+ years in the making
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2015, 06:21:26 PM »
I doubt logic changes substantially over time. The burden of proof is not a fallacy. Saying that the other person has the burden of proof is, if true, an entirely valid statement.
If you are claiming that something is, then you do have the burden of proof, no fallacy involved.

johntitor, read the following and then ask yourself can anyone disprove the claims that nasa makes? Substitue 'probe' for 'teapot', if that helps.

Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy first coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872–1970) to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims rather than shifting the burden of proof to others, specifically in the case of religion. Russell wrote that if he claims that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, it is nonsensical for him to expect others to believe him on the grounds that they cannot prove him wrong. Russell's teapot is still referred to in discussions concerning the existence of God.

miseros claim was fallacious: "YOU NEED TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF A CONSPIRACY OR IT CAN BE DISPROVEN WITHOUT EVIDENCE."
Actually, Russell's teapot supports misero.
Russell (scepti) claims there is a teapot orbiting the sun (a great big space conspiracy) and without any evidence, it is nonsensical to expect others to believe the claim of a teapot (space conspiracy) that cannot be proven wrong.  Therefore, it is the burden of the claimant to supply evidence.  In this case, scepti needs to supply evidence of a conspiracy.

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2015, 10:48:42 PM »
After 9+ years of waiting, here's the first close up picture of Pluto!

9 years for just a boring mountainous landscape? Come on dudes. Wake up!
What now, we can not even go to the moon.
So when is Gunnar going Pluto with the non for profit Pluto One.

Why would they wait for a decade to finish their story? Why would they spend that time for a story that almost no one would care for less. Your conspiracy theory doesn't hold up to scrutiny. It just doesn't make sense. You and the like are even unable to defend it.
I think, therefore I am

?

tappet

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 02:10:19 AM »

Why would they wait for a decade to finish their story? Why would they spend that time for a story that almost no one would care for less. Your conspiracy theory doesn't hold up to scrutiny. It just doesn't make sense. You and the like are even unable to defend it.
You think 9 years is a long time for a story? if they made it up it should have only taken 2 weeks, right?
Your cute!

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2015, 03:13:58 AM »
I doubt logic changes substantially over time. The burden of proof is not a fallacy. Saying that the other person has the burden of proof is, if true, an entirely valid statement.
If you are claiming that something is, then you do have the burden of proof, no fallacy involved.

John, this is a great chance to prove that you are a time traveler.  Tell us what the New Horizons probe will find.

I have no idea. I have knowledge from the future, but that's only what I had access to. There's very little free information in my time.
I can give you access to scientific knowledge in my fields, and what I had access to.

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2015, 03:43:03 AM »

johntitor, read the following and then ask yourself can anyone disprove the claims that nasa makes? Substitue 'probe' for 'teapot', if that helps.

Russell's teapot, sometimes called the celestial teapot or cosmic teapot, is an analogy first coined by the philosopher Bertrand Russell (1872–1970) to illustrate that the philosophic burden of proof lies upon a person making scientifically unfalsifiable claims rather than shifting the burden of proof to others, specifically in the case of religion. Russell wrote that if he claims that a teapot orbits the Sun somewhere in space between the Earth and Mars, it is nonsensical for him to expect others to believe him on the grounds that they cannot prove him wrong. Russell's teapot is still referred to in discussions concerning the existence of God.

miseros claim was fallacious: "YOU NEED TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF A CONSPIRACY OR IT CAN BE DISPROVEN WITHOUT EVIDENCE."

I am actually familiar with that delightful notion of a teapot (though it's a teddybear in the last account of it I'd heard). However, it's not relevant in this case, because the 'teapot' in the hypothetical was never in a position to be observed: the probe is, and is still being observed (albeit indirectly). Receiving signals observing a launch: there are many ways to have verified that it does exist.
Because you neglected to be part of any of those observations, you do rely on others' word, but that is your doing, and is nothing to do with the situation, so the hypothetical does not apply. There is evidence for the existece of the probe.

To argue against it, you have made a positive claim of a conspiracy, and the burden of proof there is on you.

In addition, what you call the burden of proof fallacy was never relevant. You made a positive claim, so you did need to provide evidence for it. That evidence could just be that you reject the claims of NASA.
However, if your only response to a teapot is to suppose another teapot, you can no longer call your view any more intellectually tenable.

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2015, 03:56:15 AM »

You think 9 years is a long time for a story? if they made it up it should have only taken 2 weeks, right?
Your cute!

Would you wait 9 years to get laid? You're cute too!
I think, therefore I am

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2015, 04:43:52 AM »

What do you mean "finish this story"?
I've come to sort of know N.A.S.A and the little merry employees wearing blue shirts or whatever shirts suit them and I have a feeling that this story isn't over just yet.

I watched a documentary on this the other night. I laughed like hell at it. The supposed experts waiting with baited breath for the probe to about turn and get pictures.

With N.A.S.A and the team, miracles are always only a stones throw away. Or in some cases, 3 billion miles.  ;D

« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2015, 06:22:46 AM »
I've come to sort of know N.A.S.A and the little merry employees wearing blue shirts or whatever shirts suit them and I have a feeling that this story isn't over just yet.

I watched a documentary on this the other night. I laughed like hell at it. The supposed experts waiting with baited breath for the probe to about turn and get pictures.

With N.A.S.A and the team, miracles are always only a stones throw away. Or in some cases, 3 billion miles.  ;D

So what? Is ad-hominem the best you can do to prove this is a conspiracy? You still haven't answered why, if there was a conspiracy, they had waited a decade after the probe's launch to present us with the pictures.
I think, therefore I am

?

tappet

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2015, 12:40:22 AM »

Your cute!

Would you wait 9 years to get laid? You're cute too!
So the longer it takes to go back to the moon just makes it more believable we went in the first place. Got it!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 01:14:13 AM »

So what? Is ad-hominem the best you can do to prove this is a conspiracy? You still haven't answered why, if there was a conspiracy, they had waited a decade after the probe's launch to present us with the pictures.
Are you a blue shirt?

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2015, 05:08:41 AM »
The 'New Horizons' (lol - 'horizons' in space? Fail!) Probe allegedly had 2 'star cameras', taking 10 photos per second of the surrounding star-field, in order to compare it to their onboard map of over 10,000 stars & thus help orientate/navigate the craft.

My question is: where are the images from these 'star cameras'?

Indeed, where are the stars in the probe's images of Pluto itself?

Pluto isn't very bright, you know, every astronomer knows this; so don't spam me with nonsense about 'exposures'...

As for why a lie should be impossible just cos it took 9+ years to create; how old are most of the cultists here?

Mikeman, for example, claims to be 17 years old & he lies all the time, as easy as breathing...

As do you all.

So Age clearly has no connection to Truth, does it?

LOL!!!
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2015, 05:45:31 AM »
The 'New Horizons' (lol - 'horizons' in space? Fail!) Probe allegedly had 2 'star cameras', taking 10 photos per second of the surrounding star-field, in order to compare it to their onboard map of over 10,000 stars & thus help orientate/navigate the craft.
My question is: where are the images from these 'star cameras'?

Why don't you ask them,    Navigation by the star patterns is pretty well established.   

Indeed, where are the stars in the probe's images of Pluto itself?
Pluto isn't very bright, you know, every astronomer knows this; so don't spam me with nonsense about 'exposures'...

You arent very bright either,   so you wouldn't understand exposure.   

As for why a lie should be impossible just cos it took 9+ years to create; how old are most of the cultists here?
Mikeman, for example, claims to be 17 years old & he lies all the time, as easy as breathing...
As do you all.
So Age clearly has no connection to Truth, does it?
LOL!!!

Huh?    try engaging the brain,   put together some coherent thoughts before writing.     I'm half tempted to tell you what LOL means...    Nah... 

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2015, 05:46:09 AM »
I think mikeman was about 8 years old when N.A.S.A finally got his nod of approval to launch this probe.
Mikeman was the brains behind it. Mikeman actually built the probe out of lego and toilet paper rolls with the tin foil from his school sandwiches from his school lunch box that he'd saved up.

Mikeman is an expert on everything to do with science. The actually Higgs boson particle itself salutes when mikeman walks past.  ;D

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2015, 05:52:28 AM »
I think mikeman was about 8 years old when N.A.S.A finally got his nod of approval to launch this probe.
Mikeman was the brains behind it. Mikeman actually built the probe out of lego and toilet paper rolls with the tin foil from his school sandwiches from his school lunch box that he'd saved up.

Mikeman is an expert on everything to do with science. The actually Higgs boson particle itself salutes when mikeman walks past.  ;D

So Mikeman makes you feel inferior,  I get it,   we all get it,  you really have to get over your feelings of inadequacy.   Maybe a high school refresher physics and chemistry course would help your self esteem.

If it makes you feel better Mikeman makes almost as many mistakes as you do,  you just never notice.  Too dumb too bad.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:59:50 AM by Rayzor »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2015, 05:53:46 AM »
Rayzor/Evil Edna: so you can't answer a perfectly legitimate question but keep responding anyway?

Obvious Troll is Obvious.

Again, for non-trolls; where are the photos of the star-fields that NASA openly admit they were taking ten of every second?

Astronomers, for example, may be interested in looking at them...

Or does NASA not care about astronomy?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2015, 06:03:22 AM »
Rayzor/Evil Edna: so you can't answer a perfectly legitimate question but keep responding anyway?
Again, for non-trolls; where are the photos of the star-fields that NASA openly admit they were taking ten of every second?

Go outside at night and look up.   See those points of light,  that there is them thar stars,  the have been there, in those patterns for thousands of years.   I'm sure genuine astronomers would be interested to know about them.

What was the legit question?    Did you actually say something intelligent?"

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2015, 06:49:18 AM »
I'm sure astronomers would be even more interested in seeing views of those star-fields taken from 2 cameras onboard a space probe, too, Rayzor/Evil Edna/Psyopticon/Etc...

Gives em a different perspective, you know?

Which you are perfectly aware of; but being a well-renowned total Troll-entity, you just want to shit-post instead.

Well done!

&, as ever, LOL!!!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2015, 07:14:28 AM »

Really?  Give one example of where you think I am lying.

There are still a ton of things I don't know, for example I know very little about telecommunications so I plan on researching it soon.  I am often wrong just like any human, but I try to make sure that I don't stay wrong.  I enjoy learning and I get out in the world to do things and learn things.  You should try it some time instead of hiding inside staring at a blank wall because you are terrified of an imaginary conspiracy.  If there were a massive conspiracy I bet that's what they would want you doing anyway.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2015, 07:16:15 AM »
Who is the beneficiary of this Pluto probe crap ? If you Inquire in to who is the creditor & who is the debtor.  Then you will realize the scam.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2015, 07:19:46 AM »
Who is the beneficiary of this Pluto probe crap ? If you Inquire in to who is the creditor & who is the debtor.  Then you will realize the scam.

If the entire government were in on it then they wouldn't need to fake anything to get tax payer money.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2015, 08:00:39 AM »
More diversion & shitposting.

Still, the question remains; where are any of the 10-photos-per-second that the 2 on-board star-cameras were taking from the New Horizons (lol!) probe?

These photos would give astronomers a valuable new perspective on our universe, you'd think?

I mean, they must be of SOME scientific value, surely?

So; where are they?

& why, if the probe was so far from the sun, were stars not visible in the photos of Pluto itself, for that matter?

Unlike many stars, Pluto is barely visible to the naked eye; it really is not a bright object, so the excuses about camera exposures used on ISS or Lunar photos cannot apply.

Does anyone honestly not find any of the above just a wee bit odd?

Probably not; SCHILLS, SCHMUCKS & HERBERTS are notoriously slow-witted...

LOL!!!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2015, 08:15:04 AM »
Still, the question remains; where are any of the 10-photos-per-second that the 2 on-board star-cameras were taking from the New Horizons (lol!) probe?
These photos would give astronomers a valuable new perspective on our universe, you'd think?
I mean, they must be of SOME scientific value, surely?
So; where are they?

Here you go.   took all of 10 seconds to find.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2015, 08:44:12 AM »
Got a link to your source for that, super-troll?

& what about the lack of stars in the background of the Pluto images too?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2015, 09:09:33 AM »
& what about the lack of stars in the background of the Pluto images too?

The same reason why there are no stars in this image:

And this image:

And this image (taken with a telescope on Earth):

Show me one real image where there are bright objects on the foreground and yet you can see stars in the background.  Pluto may be dim, but it's bright enough to overpower the distant stars.

Google "planet artist conception" and you will find that nearly all fake images of planets have stars in the background just because that's what people expect.  It can be proven that you shouldn't expect stars in images in planets and it turns out that NASA's photos meet those expectations.  If the images did have stars then I would be suspicious.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2015, 09:36:18 AM »
*Pluto is 3.5 billion miles away from the Sun...

*...which is 40x farther away than the Earth is.

*Pluto is far smaller than Earth.

*Unlike many, many stars, Pluto is barely visible with the naked eye from Earth.

*Pluto is small, dim & far from the Sun.

So; you claim that none of the many stars which are all brighter as seen from Earth than Pluto could possibly be visible in these 'photos'?

Bullshit.

And I'm still waiting for Rayzor/deepconfusion/Evil Edna's link to a source for his 'star-field' photo too...

Also bear in mind that if New Horizons was taking 10 of these every single second for 9+ years, some kind of animation of them in motion wouldn't be too hard either, as well as being very scientifically valuable...

Does that exist?

Or are you still waiting for NASA's CGI 'imagineers' to knock them up?

LMFAO!!!

The Fraud is as clear as the nose on your face, Pinnochio...

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2015, 10:33:41 AM »
Oh I see, NASA is smart enough to brainwash the entire world but they forget to stick some stars in the background of the photos?
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2015, 12:43:40 PM »
Kman: it is what it is, troll.

& it don't have stars even though there is absolutely NO physical reason for that...

TROLL.

Rayzor: WHERE IS YOUR LINK TO THE SOURCE OF YOUR IMAGE, TROLL?

Everyone else: beaten again; how does it feel?

TROLLS!

LMFAO!!!

At YOU!!!

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2015, 02:10:11 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2015/07/the-voyage-of-new-horizons-jupiter-pluto-and-beyond/398408/

And no, this is not 'proof' I'm an alt-bot-man-thing, or whatever you want to say about me.
I right clicked on the image and got the URL.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2015, 05:09:15 PM »
You can't see stars in that Saturn image and Saturn is very far away from the Sun too.  Pluto may look very dim from here, but that's mostly because of it's distance from us.  In fact: the only reason we can see it all fromEarth is because it's so overexposed that it looks like a star.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2015, 05:16:57 PM »
http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2015/07/the-voyage-of-new-horizons-jupiter-pluto-and-beyond/398408/

And no, this is not 'proof' I'm an alt-bot-man-thing, or whatever you want to say about me.
I right clicked on the image and got the URL.

Oh no,  Papa Lega will have now learned to right click,  hang on, maybe he runs MacOS Sneezing Giraffe or whatever,    or is it Leaping Legba this week?   LOL!!!