Riddle me this, Round Earther's.

• 145 Replies
Re: Riddle me this, Round Earther's.
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2015, 05:40:52 PM »
You are thinking about it the wrong way.

Gravity, is not really an acceleration.

It is merely, a constantly applied force.

Ya I'm sure the one thinking about it the wrong way. Funny joke :)

?

BJ1234

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2015, 05:43:20 PM »
What path do you think planes take when they go around the world?
Addressed on page 4.

I passed my Highschool physics final, with a perfect A+ score. I did not even study for it till the night before.
The way you interchange force, acceleration, and speed, I highly doubt that.

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2015, 05:44:53 PM »

Look at it this way, I passed my science classes with flying colors. I graduated with A+ grades. That's a veritable PhD. How could I possibly be wrong about this?
The Truth = Illuminati is Illuminati is Illuminati is Illuminati - Confirmed.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2015, 05:48:09 PM »

Look at it this way, I passed my science classes with flying colors. I graduated with A+ grades. That's a veritable PhD. How could I possibly be wrong about this?
Getting an A in remedial physics is not equivalent to a PhD.

« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »
Addressed on page 4.

I passed my Highschool physics final, with a perfect A+ score. I did not even study for it till the night before.
I memorized what they told me to memorize. I performed their equations. After a while, I started to notice flaws. Things that weren't true. Things that didn't have to be there. I paid my dues. I did the research. Einstein's Relativity, black holes, quarks, etc and the much of modern science, simply isnt true. I am veritable A+ student.

You all trust modern science with blind faith. Why not put your faith in me?

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2015, 05:51:09 PM »
Addressed on page 4.

But you based your curve on the round earth.  Even in your example, you conclude with a lateral motion of 20mph.  That means that you would feel your body constantly being pushed at a speed of 20 miles per hour against the motion of the plane.

If you argue that the turn is so slight that the forward motion dominates that lateral motion, then you must accept that the same applies to the earth, which only turns about one degree per day, rather than the 30 or so a plane does in 5 hours.

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2015, 05:55:45 PM »
Addressed on page 4.

But you based your curve on the round earth.  Even in your example, you conclude with a lateral motion of 20mph.  That means that you would feel your body constantly being pushed at a speed of 20 miles per hour against the motion of the plane.

If you argue that the turn is so slight that the forward motion dominates that lateral motion, then you must accept that the same applies to the earth, which only turns about one degree per day, rather than the 30 or so a plane does in 5 hours.
Forward motion cannot "dominate" nor "erase" lateral motion. What you say is preposterous, plane and simple.

« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2015, 06:03:07 PM »
Addressed on page 4.

Forward motion cannot "dominate" nor "erase" lateral motion. What you say is preposterous, plane and simple.

I read your argument though.

[snip]

You get 20 miles per hour, per hour [of a plane].

The speed of gravity, is roughly 20 miles per hour, per hour.

[snip]

Let me explain gravity to you. It is not a magical accelerating force. It is simply a constant force.

A plane gives a constant lateral speed of 20 miles per hour, per hour as a constant speed, and then expound upon this further by saying it is a constant force.

We should, by your very words, experience a constant lateral force roughly equivalent to gravity in a plane, against the direction of the curve of the plane.

Why don't we?

« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »
Addressed on page 4.

[snip]

[snip]

Let me explain gravity to you. It is not a magical accelerating force. It is simply a constant force.

A plane gives a constant lateral speed of 20 miles per hour, per hour as a constant speed, and then expound upon this further by saying it is a constant force.

We should, by your very words, experience a constant lateral force roughly equivalent to gravity in a plane, against the direction of the curve of the plane.

Why don't we?

We do. However, 20 miles per hour, over the course of one hour, is very small speed.

We are dealing with a body of 66,000 miles per hour! Can you imagine how big that is? Very large speed. Big push. Big curve. Big acceleration.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2015, 06:10:05 PM »
Addressed on page 4.

I memorized what they told me to memorize. I performed their equations. After a while, I started to notice flaws. Things that weren't true.
Such as?
Things that didn't have to be there.
Such as?
I paid my dues.
Sure you did ::)
I did the research.
Sure you did ::)
Einstein's Relativity, black holes, quarks, etc and the much of modern science, simply isnt true. I am veritable A+ student.
And I should take the word of someone who can't tell the difference between speed, acceleration, and force? 
You all trust modern science with blind faith. Why not put your faith in me?
You have not shown the intelligence of someone who has passed grade school.  So why should I put my faith in you?  Also, you are assuming that I put my blind faith in modern science. 

« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2015, 06:11:52 PM »
Anyone who believes in Special Relativity, is a victim of blind faith.

« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2015, 06:19:00 PM »
Addressed on page 4.

[snip]

[snip]

Why don't we?

We do. However, 20 miles per hour, over the course of one hour, is very small speed.

We are dealing with a body of 66,000 miles per hour! Can you imagine how big that is? Very large speed. Big push. Big curve. Big acceleration.

Gravity is only 20 miles per hour, spread over the course of one hour.  I don't know about you, but I feel alot of force being pushed down on me right now.  20 miles per hour over one hour is 20 miles.  My body would want me to be going 20 miles away over the course of one hour.  20 miles / 60 minutes per hour / 60 seconds per minute is approximately 30 feet per second. By your very reasoning, our bodies should experience this force that wants us to be moving 30 feet per second against the motion of the plane.

Why don't we?

« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2015, 06:37:14 PM »
A minor miscalculation on my behalf.

But let me ask you something.

Does that make Einstein true?

If a 3 year old in Africa fumbles with a calculator, and drops it into poo

Does that suddenly make all of modern science, the holy gospel truth?

Ponder on this.

« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2015, 06:43:50 PM »

Ponder on this.

Then what's the real force we'd feel in your model?

« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2015, 06:49:08 PM »
Nothing, except the upwards acceleration of a flat earth.

« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2015, 06:54:40 PM »
Nothing, except the upwards acceleration of a flat earth.

But the plane curves when it flies.  You've already established that.  Otherwise flying around the world wouldn't lead to a circle, yes?

?

BJ1234

« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2015, 07:03:34 PM »

No, it doesn't.  What make Einstein the most likely explanation is that many of his theories have been verified by observations.

Ponder on this.
Ponder on you digging through elephant poo to retrieve a calculator?  What would that achieve?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2015, 07:34:06 PM »
Anyone who believes in Special Relativity, is a victim of blind faith.

Actually special relativity is backed up by mountains of mathematics as undeniably true as 2+2=4.  It's hardly blind faith.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2015, 07:45:34 PM »
Gravity is a speed. No trolling about it. I already explained to you that it is a steady force.
All things, accelerate the same speed of gravity. Only when you deal with huge masses is it neccessary to incorporate the mass variable. This is basic highschool science. A tennis ball, and a grown man, both accelerate at the speed of 9.8 ms. Mass component is not necessary for the calculation. Do you understand this?

I never said things could not orbit, in fact certain things do appear to orbit around a flat earth. All Im saying is with that orbit, a man would be under incredible forces, 904 miles per hour to be exact.

The Earth is Flat, and that's final.

Since you love to define force in mph, please try to answer this:
Two 747 airplanes (let's say airplane A and B) are at the start of two parallel runways (let's say runway 27L and 27R). The four engines of airplane A generate a constant combined force (thrust), which makes the airplane go from 0 to 60 mph in 20 seconds. The four engines of airplane B also generate a constant combined force (thrust), but less than airplane A, which makes the airplane go from 0 to 60 mph in 30 seconds. Both airplanes have the same mass, which are 30280 slugs (equivalent to weight of 975000 pounds). Now the question is, how much combined force do the engines generate for
a) airplane A; and
b) airplane B?
Do not answer this in pounds or Newtons or kg-f, answer this in mph, since you defined force in mph. If you really know what you're talking about, then you can surely answer this. Unless, of course, you don't, or you're a troll.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 08:05:22 PM by hello_there »

« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2015, 08:15:02 PM »
All I know, is the Earth is flat, and that's that.

Also, you propose a trick question. Everybody knows you don't need the mass component of force, when you are dealing with gravity, because mass is negligble at such a small scale compared to the Earth or Sun.

And yet, you ask questions about forces of 747's.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2015, 08:35:02 PM »

Makes sense, because you do seem to know very little about everything.

Also, you propose a trick question. Everybody knows you don't need the mass component of force, when you are dealing with gravity, because mass is negligble at such a small scale compared to the Earth or Sun.

If gravity was a speed then jumping off of a stool and jumping off of a cliff would result in you hitting the ground at the same speed and therefore hurt the same amount.  In reality you accelerate, so the further you fall the faster you are going and the more it hurts when you hit the ground.

It's not a trick question, it's a perfectly relevant question.  Why do you need constant thrust to fight gravity if gravity is not a force?

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2015, 09:35:38 PM »

Yes it is a trick question, as force cannot be defined in mph. But since you are very sure that force can be defined in mph, and that you are an A+ student, I believe you can answer those questions very easily. So here it is, again

Gravity is a speed. No trolling about it. I already explained to you that it is a steady force.
All things, accelerate the same speed of gravity. Only when you deal with huge masses is it neccessary to incorporate the mass variable. This is basic highschool science. A tennis ball, and a grown man, both accelerate at the speed of 9.8 ms. Mass component is not necessary for the calculation. Do you understand this?

I never said things could not orbit, in fact certain things do appear to orbit around a flat earth. All Im saying is with that orbit, a man would be under incredible forces, 904 miles per hour to be exact.

The Earth is Flat, and that's final.

Since you love to define force in mph, please try to answer this:
Two 747 airplanes (let's say airplane A and B) are at the start of two parallel runways (let's say runway 27L and 27R). The four engines of airplane A generate a constant combined force (thrust), which makes the airplane go from 0 to 60 mph in 20 seconds. The four engines of airplane B also generate a constant combined force (thrust), but less than airplane A, which makes the airplane go from 0 to 60 mph in 30 seconds. Both airplanes have the same mass, which are 30280 slugs (equivalent to weight of 975000 pounds). Now the question is, how much combined force do the engines generate for
a) airplane A; and
b) airplane B?
Do not answer this in pounds or Newtons or kg-f, answer this in mph, since you defined force in mph.

That is a super simple question an average 8th grader can answer. I already got the answer here, but in Newton instead of mph. And if you think that mass is not necessary, then don't use it, simple as that.

If you keep on avoiding, you prove to anyone in here that you are lying about you being an A+ student, or you prove yourself being a troll.

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2015, 10:15:23 PM »
By the way, I didn't give my answer to the original question yet.

If the earth is orbitting the sun at thousands of miles per hour...Why do we not all fly off into space?

The force of gravity in your hypothetical round earth, is only 9.8 meters per second. Yet...the earth orbits the sun at thousands of meters per second!

That would be like trying to hold unto a merry go round, going thousands of miles per hour, with only a fridge magnet!

Explain yourselves, 'round earthers'.

Even if the centrifugal force (you call this fling force) from the earth orbiting the sun and the earth's rotation work together (this can't happen, if you know proper physics then you know why, if you are wondering why I will elaborate further; but i'll proceed anyway to give maximum centrifugal force), this is just 0.40736% of the force of gravity provided by earth. Here is the proof:
http://imageshack.com/a/img633/9872/Wqt097.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img538/3958/cn8EoC.jpg

And the formula I used to calculate the centrifugal force (if you don't believe in text books), I derived it from scratch:
http://imageshack.com/a/img913/9932/jFtpvC.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img908/7175/dYytC4.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img540/2998/RilrQW.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/973/YXk9r7.jpg

And if you think that humans should have flung into space with RE model, please provide the proper equations and numbers to prove that. The equations you provided on page 2 is not really an equation, it is just a diagram without proper explanation. And your comparison between the fling force of 904 mph and the earth's gravity of 9.81 m/s is not correct, as earth's gravity is 9.81 m/s^2, and you cannot compare between mph and m/s^2. It is like comparing 2 kg and 0.1 Ampere then asking which is larger.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:37:56 PM by hello_there »

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2015, 10:26:41 PM »
All of your guy'ses knowledge of physics is exceedingly poor, actually.

Let's start with the basics. Angular momentum.

There is no such thing as conservation of Angular momentum. There is no such thing as Angular Inertia.

If you are on a merry go round, the ball will not maintain the angular momentum of the merry go round.

Water will not stay in place on a rotating Earth.

Humans will not stay in place, on a Earth that has an angular momentum of 41,600 miles per hour.

Basic stuff.

Remember guys, this is not linear momentum.

This is 41,600 miles per hour, of angular momentum.

Angular momentum, is not conserved.

Angular momentum, is like an acceleration, even when it is not acceleration.

At a circus ride, when you spin, you feel a pushing force, even when it does not accelerate.

A curved path, does not maintain steady inertia.

If there is an angle change of 41,600 miles per hour, you will feel it, because it is curved, and not linear.

If you are on a merry go round thousands of miles wide, going 1000s of miles per hour, you will not magically maintain your inertia. You will not feel a "smooth ride". You will not "adjust to the ride." There is no such thing as angular inertia. You will, fly off.

Nope.

« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2015, 01:41:42 AM »
Trixie has trolled the shit out of this thread.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Quail

• I can't sea gull.
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2015, 01:42:59 AM »
Trixie, explain orbits to me, as it's clear that you don't understand how they work. Orbits are not similar to a merry-go-around in any way.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2015, 05:00:41 AM »
Trixie has trolled the shit out of this thread.
I know, but sometimes it is fun to go to the circus and watch the clowns.

« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2015, 11:30:10 AM »

Makes sense, because you do seem to know very little about everything.

If gravity was a speed then jumping off of a stool and jumping off of a cliff would result in you hitting the ground at the same speed and therefore hurt the same amount.  In reality you accelerate, so the further you fall the faster you are going and the more it hurts when you hit the ground.

It's not a trick question, it's a perfectly relevant question.  Why do you need constant thrust to fight gravity if gravity is not a force?

I already said gravity was a force. I told you it was a constant force. Thrust, is also a constant force.
Thankyou for just now verifying my arguments.

How is an orbit not like a merry go round? Gravity is like a string, detaining it from its natural inertia. What is so complicated to understand about this? Even your imaginary string theory verifies this. I am arguing with children.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2015, 01:08:33 PM »
I already said gravity was a force. I told you it was a constant force. Thrust, is also a constant force.
Thankyou for just now verifying my arguments.

How is an orbit not like a merry go round? Gravity is like a string, detaining it from its natural inertia. What is so complicated to understand about this? Even your imaginary string theory verifies this. I am arguing with children.

I actually don't disagree with anything you just said, gravity is a force and an orbit is like a merry go round.  I thought that you thought that the strength of gravity could be measured in speed.

« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2015, 02:07:35 PM »
If the earth is orbitting the sun at thousands of miles per hour...Why do we not all fly off into space?

The force of gravity in your hypothetical round earth, is only 9.8 meters per second. Yet...the earth orbits the sun at thousands of meters per second!

That would be like trying to hold unto a merry go round, going thousands of miles per hour, with only a fridge magnet!

Explain yourselves, 'round earthers'.

I am late to this chat so i will start fresh.
The what you can see from day to day, night to night can be seen with the earth globe model.
The earth moves round the sun in an oval track, that has an average radius of 93 million miles, at a speed of 18½ miles a second." 18.5 * 60 *60 = 66600 miles a hour, orbital velocity is the number i found. as this is earth free fall speed around the sun, the gravity of the sun is over whelm by earth’s gravity on any object on the earth as shown by sun tides bulge. next the balance between containment by gravitational attraction and dispersal by centrifugal force. That the Earth is itself an oblate spheroid, bulging at the equator where the radial distance and hence the centrifugal force is larger, is taken as one of the evidences for its absolute rotation. and that gravity downwards (centripetal) force and centrifugal force at the equator is about 3% - 5% deference of that at the poles, no big deal. As to what does this all mean more detail is needed a day IE speed of earth rotation is 23.93 an hour and 365.25 days to orbit once around the sun, hence the need of a leap year to keep the stars in place. Earth spin is not vertical to the orbital plain is 23.4° This causes one pole to be directed toward the sun on one side of the orbit, and the other pole on the other side, the cause of the seasons on earth. Now we through in the moon the second tides maker is distance 238,900 miles orbital time is about 29.5 days near the orbital plan of the earth moon, sun. the cause of eclipses. 
That being the globe model, my challenge is for your to explain all that can be seen using flat earth model. ???

The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.