Flat Earthers view on Climate change

• 141 Replies
?

tappet

Re: Flat Earthers view on Climate change
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2015, 05:49:08 PM »
Would you mind linking the source for your Arctic palms claim?
Don't be lazy.

?

homo superior

• make way
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2015, 05:50:07 PM »
OK then. I'll talk to you later.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2015, 09:43:31 PM »
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">! No longer available

I should probably clarify that this video challenges common misconceptions about climate change.  Whatever your views are, I would recommend watching it.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

tappet

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2015, 10:50:43 PM »
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">! No longer available

I should probably clarify that this video challenges common misconceptions about climate change.  Whatever your views are, I would recommend watching it.
I click on your link watch it for 10 seconds and see a clown talking at me as though I am a retard.
Before I attempt to watch this fool again will he address Arctic palms or should I troll through Youtube for a climate change debunk video?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2015, 11:07:38 PM »
I click on your link watch it for 10 seconds and see a clown talking at me as though I am a retard.
Before I attempt to watch this fool again will he address Arctic palms or should I troll through Youtube for a climate change debunk video?

So you are ignoring evidence.  No wonder you are still a flat earther.

?

tappet

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2015, 12:07:00 AM »

A Youtube video, seriously?
We can both post links to Youtube all day long.
So would you care to explain Arctic palms?

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2015, 01:48:30 AM »

Why do you keep harping about Arctic palms ? Have a look at C02 concentrations vs time and temperature vs time trends. Your harping about Arctic palms does not change hard facts. Have you been paid by the Oil companies to defend on their behalf  ;) ;)

?

tappet

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2015, 02:44:16 AM »

Why do you keep harping about Arctic palms ? Have a look at C02 concentrations vs time and temperature vs time trends. Your harping about Arctic palms does not change hard facts. Have you been paid by the Oil companies to defend on their behalf  ;) ;)
While you are trying to figure out the Arctic palm thing, this is my hobby and what I think of your climate change  ;D
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2015, 03:16:13 AM »

So it was pretty much the right level for you?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

tappet

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2015, 03:20:17 AM »

While your there old mate. Wadda ya reckon bout this evidence of palms in the Arctic?
Must have been a bit warm eh?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2015, 04:45:07 AM »

While your there old mate. Wadda ya reckon bout this evidence of palms in the Arctic?

What do you think it means, as far as climate change goes?
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

tappet

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2015, 04:52:38 AM »

That the north pole has been tropical.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2015, 04:59:41 AM »

Doesn't that support climate change?

?

tappet

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2015, 05:06:01 AM »

Yes, but not man made.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2015, 05:09:33 AM »

Yes, but not man made.

So what's causing the CO2 levels to rise like they are?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2015, 09:13:57 AM »

Have you ever heard of the ice ages?  The Earth's climate has changed a lot throughout it's history, this is not in dispute.  The climate will continue to change as time goes on from natural causes.  This is something addressed in the video I posted.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2015, 02:12:47 PM »
That's evidence of continental shifting.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

tappet

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2015, 03:27:39 PM »

Have you ever heard of the ice ages?  The Earth's climate has changed a lot throughout it's history, this is not in dispute.  The climate will continue to change as time goes on from natural causes.  This is something addressed in the video I posted.
Here we go, another little gem, ice ages!
You know everything, so now tell me how at the peak of the last ice age how the Australian aboriginal kept his little toes warm in the snow.
So 50,000 years ago the whole earth is tropical, natives having a good time. Then 20,000 years ago the peak of the ice age, he is freezing his nuts off eating penguin. Now its hot again.
And the likes of you want to blame people like me for warming your planet.
Tell you what why don't people like you get together and go back to the planet your god comes from then that will ease the climate change on this one.
This is just one big nut house.

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2015, 03:30:54 PM »

Yes, but not man made.

So what's causing the CO2 levels to rise like they are?
I don't believe in CO2 as science portrayed it.

Bill_the_Pretender

• Not scared of the truth
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2015, 03:40:56 PM »

Yes, but not man made.

Nobody is suggesting that climate change is man-made. Simply, it is the increase in CO2 in the atmosphere that is accelerating our warming period.

This is simple climate science. What are you not getting?
I'd be an FE believer, but I'm not stupid. I have Internets.

Proof the Earth is round, not flat: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63853.new#new
Debunking Flat Earth Theory completely: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=

?

tappet

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2015, 04:12:09 PM »

Yes, but not man made.

Nobody is suggesting that climate change is man-made.
Bullshit, the tv told me its because we are burning squashed dinosaurs.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2015, 04:13:54 PM »

Yes, but not man made.

You forgot to include the rest of my quote. Burning fossil fuels releases excess CO2, thus increasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. This is a simple concept.

Proof the Earth is round, not flat: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63853.new#new
Debunking Flat Earth Theory completely: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=

?

tappet

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2015, 04:30:33 PM »

Yes, but not man made.

You forgot to include the rest of my quote. Burning fossil fuels releases excess CO2, thus increasing the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. This is a simple concept.
And if this is what you want to believe so be it. While you continue to fear monger I will keep producing the evil co2 from my fossil burning v8"s and you can watch me destroy your planet.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2015, 04:44:45 PM »

Yes, but not man made.

And if this is what you want to believe so be it. While you continue to fear monger I will keep producing the evil co2 from my fossil burning v8"s and you can watch me destroy your planet.

I don't have to believe any of this. It exists whether anyone believes it or not. You can make paltry accusations of me, but you'll still be a moron.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2015, 05:06:37 PM »
The only people who have any motive to lie about global warming is the energy companies who stand to loose if people believe that climate change is real.  This is where most if not all conspiracy theories that climate change isn't real come from.

?

tappet

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2015, 05:48:49 PM »
The only people who have any motive to lie about global warming is the energy companies who stand to loose if people believe that climate change is real.  This is where most if not all conspiracy theories that climate change isn't real come from.
You and your bloody conspiracy theory shit again.
It is obvious there is a total lack of understanding of how the earth works. Every body seems to have there own version and they are all full of holes and shit. Some body like you will attach yourself to some version that makes the most sense to you, then like a religion every one else is wrong. You then believe you are a god and anyone with a different view is dumb.
Good on ya sunshine. Wonder if your views change when ya turn 18?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2015, 06:06:27 PM »
You and your bloody conspiracy theory shit again.
It is obvious there is a total lack of understanding of how the earth works. Every body seems to have there own version and they are all full of holes and shit. Some body like you will attach yourself to some version that makes the most sense to you, then like a religion every one else is wrong. You then believe you are a god and anyone with a different view is dumb.
Good on ya sunshine. Wonder if your views change when ya turn 18?

Actually climate change is well understood and the vast majority of predictions have come true.  Even the earliest climate change models work perfectly if you account for effects more recently discovered.  The vast majority of scientists are making amazing predictions but the media seems more focused on the few that are wrong.

« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2015, 04:40:39 AM »
 a. The earth isnt so big that we humans cannot have a lasting harmful impact on it. The atmosphere is really thin compared to the size of the earth. And we can have an impact to such an extent that we can be changing the composition of the atmosphere even if it is by a small amount. Carbon dioxide measurements have been made in weather baloons over the pacific from the year 1958. The graph of co2 concentration vs time shows a zig zag ascending .

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/the-last-time-co2-was-this-high-humans-didnt-exist-15938

The reason why it goes up and down once every year is because a majority of landmass is north of the equator and aslo a majority of the vegetation is north of equator. So when the northern hemisphere is tilted towards the sun the co2 level goes down, and when it is away from the sun it goes up again. However Despite the up and down you can clearly see a upward rise in the co2 concentration. and this is hard field data. Go to Galcier national park, Mount kiliminjaro, Adamello Mandron Glacier, Tschierva Glacier, Rhone Glacier and many others. If you go there and take some photographs and compare them with photographs from a couple of decades ago you will clearly see the difference. I will give the link to the source at the end.

b. Core drills were used to analyze layers of ice which accumulated over the years. The analysis of this ice gave the data of the co2 concentration at the time which the ice corresponded to. Further analysis of the isotopes of oxygen could determine accurately the temp of year in which that snow fell. If you analyze the graphs of temp vs time and co2 con vs time. Then you will realize how well they support each other. In Antarctica if you carry out this analysis you can go far as back as 650000 years.

http://www.cornwallalliance.org/2012/12/10/carbon-dioxide-and-air-temperature-who-leads-and-who-follows/.

You can clearly see the seven ice ages. If you compare the present levels of co2 conc. and temp you will see that nowhere before has it risen so alarmingly. In all of 650000 years co2 level had never gone above 300 ppm and this year it is above 400. In less than a century it has gone up by 100ppm. a thing which was unheard of in 650000 years. Can you grasp the severity now ?!

c. The ten hottest years have occurred in the last few decades.

d. The predicted and observed ocean temperatures clearly show an increasing trend. When the oceans get warmer it increases the severity of storms. All time records for storms, tornadoes and typhoons were broken. If you analyze a particular Hurricane Katrina , you will see that before it hit new orleans as it passed over warmer waters in the gulf how the size got magnified alarmingly. The premise is simple , as water temperature increases wind velocity increases.

http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/indicators/oceans/sea-surface-temp.html

e. If you analyze a graph of insurance claims over time for severe waether events. You will clearly see the increasing trend.

There are several more points but I guess its becoming too lengthy so I will sum it up. If you still act ignorant and continue with your stance then I dont know what to say. Maybe these quotes will help.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

“The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays is coming to its close. In its place we are entering a period of consequences.” - Winston Churchill
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 04:43:52 AM by josan »