Flat Earthers view on Climate change

• 141 Replies
Flat Earthers view on Climate change
« on: June 26, 2015, 12:18:38 AM »
Outside this forum I have seen a couple of prominent flat earthers deny any climate change or global warming based on man made causes. I would like to know the view of flat earthers in this forum.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Flat Earthers view on Climate change
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 12:29:33 AM »
Outside this forum, I have seen many scientist and organizations get busted for fudging the numbers in order to make their adgenda sound more legitimate.  Why do I have to explain it when round Earth scientists get busted for lying about global warming, or now climate change once the Earth was proven to not be warming?  What are they going to lie about next?  Another ice age?  Oh, wait, that is what the scientist were clambering about back in the seventies, until it was proven false and they had to change gears and start going on about global warming, until that was proven false as well.  So now, it is climate change.  It seems that your scientists have finally picked something that can't be proven false, because the climate has always changed.  ::)

Bill_the_Pretender

• Not scared of the truth
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 12:34:40 AM »
Outside this forum, I have seen many scientist and organizations get busted for fudging the numbers in order to make their adgenda sound more legitimate.  Why do I have to explain it when round Earth scientists get busted for lying about global warming, or now climate change once the Earth was proven to not be warming?  What are they going to lie about next?  Another ice age?  Oh, wait, that is what the scientist were clambering about back in the seventies, until it was proven false and they had to change gears and start going on about global warming, until that was proven false as well.  So now, it is climate change.  It seems that your scientists have finally picked something that can't be proven false, because the climate has always changed.  ::)

Once again, you're wrong Jroa. These past 7 years have been the hottest years ever recorded. Climate change is directly proportional to the average solar output, added to the increasing levels of carbon in the atmosphere.

The last 15 years, solar output has been minuscule compared to 1950-2000. You can look all of this up. The sun hasn't been very luminescent for a little while. These patterns are also heavily monitored and compared.

So you tell me Jroa, if the climate isn't changing just based on the sun's output, and the sun's output has been minimal, and the last 7 years have been the hottest ever recorded, what must it be?

I'll give you a hint, it's carbon. Read a book, you nimrod.
I'd be an FE believer, but I'm not stupid. I have Internets.

Proof the Earth is round, not flat: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63853.new#new
Debunking Flat Earth Theory completely: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 12:56:53 AM »

Once again, you're wrong Jroa. These past 7 years have been the hottest years ever recorded. Climate change is directly proportional to the average solar output, added to the increasing levels of carbon in the atmosphere.

The last 15 years, solar output has been minuscule compared to 1950-2000. You can look all of this up. The sun hasn't been very luminescent for a little while. These patterns are also heavily monitored and compared.

So you tell me Jroa, if the climate isn't changing just based on the sun's output, and the sun's output has been minimal, and the last 7 years have been the hottest ever recorded, what must it be?

Please, tell me why all of those "climatologists" got a so much trouble a few years back when their emails were hacked and it was shown that they were conspiring to lie about global warming.  The facts are that the Earth's temperature rises and falls and has been through out time, despite what your Al Gore says.  Scientists need to earn a living, just like you and I.  And what better way to ensure funding.than to alarm everyone, whether or not there is something to alarm them about?  Do you even watch the news, or did you just learn about "climate change" from your liberal high school teachers? 

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 01:02:52 AM »

Please, tell me why all of those "climatologists" got a so much trouble a few years back when their emails were hacked and it was shown that they were conspiring to lie about global warming.  The facts are that the Earth's temperature rises and falls and has been through out time, despite what your Al Gore says.  Scientists need to earn a living, just like you and I.  And what better way to ensure funding.than to alarm everyone, whether or not there is something to alarm them about?  Do you even watch the news, or did you just learn about "climate change" from your liberal high school teachers?

I'll take the assumption that my instructors were 'liberal' as a paltry stab at my credentials to speak on climate science. The term global warming is much older, and isn't widely used anymore, because it does not accurately reflect all available evidence. Is the Earth getting warmer? Yes. But why? Industrialization, of course. Increased carbon in the atmosphere means more heat, surely you cannot reject this, it's simple chemistry.

There is a known natural ice age cycle of the planet, where climate heats and cools in cycles. Natural atmospheric convection seems to keep this consistent, without anything adding in new factors (carbon released from an excess of hydrocarbon combustion).

Being ignorant in chemistry does hinder one from making accurate opinions (You), but I'm not surprised. It's really easy to feign knowledge on a forum where you have zero risk or consequence for being wrong. Of course, this could easily apply to me, as I'm sure you're going to accuse me of, but I assure you, the math works. Not only does it work, it's ridiculously consistent.

Proof the Earth is round, not flat: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63853.new#new
Debunking Flat Earth Theory completely: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 01:21:00 AM »
I suppose that the dinosaurs had a lot of industries back in the days when it was much, much warmer than today, right? Or, maybe your liberal indoctrinators neglected to tell you that part? 

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 02:49:13 AM »
I suppose that the dinosaurs had a lot of industries back in the days when it was much, much warmer than today, right? Or, maybe your liberal indoctrinators neglected to tell you that part?

I take it you've given up, which isn't so unlikely, given your history of trolling and general foolishness. Having met your match, will you remain stubborn and continue to post garbage? Or will you actually attempt to contribute something of value? Something somebody can say, "Yeah, Jroa was correct on this."

Doubt it. Work hard, bud.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 02:50:53 AM »

You also seemed to completely ignore my post about climate cycles.

We're in a warming cycle. Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere accelerates the cycle. There is a threshold of no-return that we are quickly approaching.

Slow enough for you? Do you need a helmet?

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 04:13:28 AM »
       The earth isn't so big that we humans cannot have a lasting harmful impact on it. The atmosphere is really thin compared to the size of the earth. And we can have an impact to such an extent that we can be changing the composition of the atmosphere even if it is by a small amount.

A single glance at the carbon dioxide concentration trends is enough to educate you about the man made change in the atmosphere, No scientists are needed for that.

If you analyze the graphs of temp vs time and co2 concentration vs time. Then you will realize how well they support each other. It does not require rocket science to correlate rise in co2 concentration and rise in temperature.

And as for physical evidence of change go to Glacier national park, Mount Kilimanjaro, Adamello Mandron Glacier, Tschierva Glacier, Rhone Glacier and many others, If you go there and take some photographs and compare them with photographs from a couple of decades ago you will clearly see the difference.

?

tappet

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 01:35:22 PM »
What if sceptimatic is correct when he says the earth is growing. The Arctic gets colder, for many scientists are claiming the Arctic is getting colder so there are no more palm trees,
http://www.news.com.au/world/palm-trees-flourished-in-arctic-study/story-e6frfkz9-1225791205191
And the Antarctic gets warmer melting ice creating new land?

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 01:41:46 PM »
What if sceptimatic is correct when he says the earth is growing. The Arctic gets colder, for many scientists are claiming the Arctic is getting colder so there are no more palm trees,
http://www.news.com.au/world/palm-trees-flourished-in-arctic-study/story-e6frfkz9-1225791205191
the earth is absolutely growing because human beings are multiplying , and other creature are multiplying too, there are a lot of space to create new beings by they creator, and he probably wants it like that, that will be a lot of space for interesting thing on earth.

look at this:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-06-03/pacific-islands-growing-not-sinking/851738

first they say icebergs are melting but then The lunatic scientists say the truth everyone knows: the earth landmass grow bigger.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 01:42:01 PM »
I don't agree with all of this, but nearly all of it:

“We’re so self-important. Everybody’s going to save something now. “Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails.” And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. Save the planet, we don’t even know how to take care of ourselves yet. I’m tired of this shit. I’m tired of f-ing Earth Day. I’m tired of these self-righteous environmentalists, these white, bourgeois liberals who think the only thing wrong with this country is that there aren’t enough bicycle paths. People trying to make the world safe for Volvos. Besides, environmentalists don’t give a shit about the planet. Not in the abstract they don’t. You know what they’re interested in? A clean place to live. Their own habitat. They’re worried that some day in the future they might be personally inconvenienced. Narrow, unenlightened self-interest doesn’t impress me.

The planet has been through a lot worse than us. Been through earthquakes, volcanoes, plate tectonics, continental drift, solar flares, sun spots, magnetic storms, the magnetic reversal of the poles … hundreds of thousands of years of bombardment by comets and asteroids and meteors, worldwide floods, tidal waves, worldwide fires, erosion, cosmic rays, recurring ice ages … And we think some plastic bags and some aluminum cans are going to make a difference? The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE are!

We’re going away. Pack your shit, folks. We’re going away. And we won’t leave much of a trace, either. Maybe a little Styrofoam … The planet’ll be here and we’ll be long gone. Just another failed mutation. Just another closed-end biological mistake. An evolutionary cul-de-sac. The planet’ll shake us off like a bad case of fleas.

The planet will be here for a long, long, LONG time after we’re gone, and it will heal itself, it will cleanse itself, ’cause that’s what it does. It’s a self-correcting system. The air and the water will recover, the earth will be renewed. And if it’s true that plastic is not degradable, well, the planet will simply incorporate plastic into a new paradigm: the earth plus plastic. The earth doesn’t share our prejudice toward plastic. Plastic came out of the earth. The earth probably sees plastic as just another one of its children. Could be the only reason the earth allowed us to be spawned from it in the first place. It wanted plastic for itself. Didn’t know how to make it. Needed us. Could be the answer to our age-old egocentric philosophical question, “Why are we here?”

Plastic… asshole.”

George Carlin

"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 02:14:14 PM »

So you are saying that we can ump carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and tamper with the atmosphere as much as we want, there will be no consequences, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar?  I don't follow your logic.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 02:17:15 PM »

So you are saying that we can ump carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and tamper with the atmosphere as much as we want, there will be no consequences, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar?  I don't follow your logic.
there is no such thing as SCIENCE ATHMOSPHERE it's a fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 02:29:47 PM »

WTF is a science atmosphere?  Is it anything like a regular atmosphere?

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 02:55:41 PM »

it's the atmosphere that scientist refer to, another trickery.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 03:13:09 PM »

Just stop, you're an embarassment.

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 03:18:39 PM »

you are interested person you are scientist your entire life is a lie your entire life is the agenda of lying.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 03:21:13 PM »
the earth is absolutely growing because human beings are multiplying , and other creature are multiplying too, there are a lot of space to create new beings by they creator, and he probably wants it like that, that will be a lot of space for interesting thing on earth.

look at this:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-06-03/pacific-islands-growing-not-sinking/851738

first they say icebergs are melting but then The lunatic scientists say the truth everyone knows: the earth landmass grow bigger.

Landmass doesn't generally increase. Plate Tectonics shift landmasses up in some places, and down in others, forcing islands up out of the sea, and some down back into it. This is easily observable on Google Earth, where the Pacific plate, is pushing against the Juan de Fuca plate.

You can imagine whatever you want, but you'll always be wrong. Try using evidence in your arguments, and you might get somewhere.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 03:23:15 PM »

you are interested person you are scientist your entire life is a lie your entire life is the agenda of lying.

Scientist = liar? Sure bud, sure.

You will continue to lie for your conspiracies on this forum, and continue to embarrass yourself. It has already been super fun to watch.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 03:24:06 PM »

The atmosphere exists. You can walk outside and measure it with a wet finger.

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 03:24:55 PM »

The wind and the air are exist.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 03:25:40 PM »

That's the atmosphere. Good job. You're almost not a retard.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 03:30:05 PM »

No the atmosphere is CO2 and other scientific trickery.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 03:31:09 PM »

CO2 is in the atmosphere, yes, but it is a significant minority of the available air. Most of it is nitrogen and oxygen.

You can look all of this up, but you refuse. You don't want to learn, you want to lie.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 03:33:12 PM »

CO2 is in the atmosphere, yes, but it is a significant minority of the available air. Most of it is nitrogen and oxygen.

You can look all of this up, but you refuse. You don't want to learn, you want to lie.
I was able to go to university I didn't want to be tricked.

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 03:35:44 PM »

I was able to go to university I didn't want to be tricked.

I'm going to assume we're done here.

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 04:39:14 PM »

[/quote]
[/quote]

What does CO2 have to do with scientific trickery

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 09:27:02 PM »
I suppose that the dinosaurs had a lot of industries back in the days when it was much, much warmer than today, right?

Perhaps James was on to something.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 11:08:35 PM »
One thing that needs to be considered is motive.  Why would any government fake climate change and pretend it exists if it's not real?  Think about it, how does knowlage of climate change effect your daily life?  Some people might drive less or use less electricity, which are things that the government earns money from via taxes and they won't get as much money because of climate change.  Power plants loose a lot of money because of that too.

The only people who stand to gain is the general public.  Our oil reserves won't last forever and climate change concerns have been responsible for many other longer term and cheaper methods of getting energy.  If this is why the government is supposedly faking climate change then why would they have to fake climate change to accomplish it?  Since the general public is benefitting they could just tell everyone what they want to accomplish.