TFES is "controlled opposition." Your thoughts

• 38 Replies

Orbisect-64

• "I'M REVOLTING!" (make of it what you will)
TFES is "controlled opposition." Your thoughts
« on: June 25, 2015, 07:35:10 PM »
I have to say this: Generals and Leaders don't let enemies into the planning chambers.

This has looked suspicious to me from the beginning. If you post a thread about anything on this site, you are AUTOMATICALLY attacked by 20 proud Global Earth Believers... on a site claiming to be for flat earth believers. I've been here for two days, and I have not found one single intelligent discussion on flat earth theory, or a single person engaging me in conversation on the subject (on the side of FE). I have been mockingly attacked by trolls, and every ounce of flat earth discussion is SQUASHED by the opposition.

Does this seem suspicious to anyone else?

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/03/flat-earth-society-controlled-op.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+atlanteanconspiracy%2FVAhj+%28The+Atlantean+Conspiracy%29

(If I'm banned, then that is an affirmative answer. If I'm not, then the afore mentioned facts remain.)

—Rx
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
Re: TFES is "controlled opposition." Your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 08:44:16 PM »
Uncontrolled chaos would be closer to the truth.    Eric Dubay is confusing open debate with opposition,  it's easy for him to close IFERS to all opposition and just promote his books and youtube videos,  any attempt to open a debate over there gets shut down and the people banned.   In fact he banned so many of his own supporters they all went off and started their own forum,  at http://serendipitous.boards.net/

The founder of this board was Daniel Shenton, who has since disappeared,  after a split with Daniel a lot of the flat earthers started a sister forum http://www.tfes.org/   I hear rumors of a merger, between this forum and http://www.tfes.org/   

If a flat earth idea can't stand to be critically examined,  questioned or debated then it fails.   If you don't allow debate then you've failed before you start.

The mods on here are overworked, and sometimes it all gets a bit out of control,  and trolls are a consistent problem.  They mostly go away after a while.

I notice that your wobbly laser globe thread was started in  Q&A which is an  area of the forum that doesn't allow debate, why was that?  Are you afraid to defend your ideas?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:46:23 PM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:50:22 PM »
Please, do not compare us to that sharliton, Eric Doobie.  We have never associated with nut jobs like him.  Do not tarnish our good name. 

Orbisect-64

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 09:32:35 PM »
Please, do not compare us to that sharliton, Eric Doobie.  We have never associated with nut jobs like him.  Do not tarnish our good name.

I mean no offense by this, but all the trolls in here BASHING everyone who doesn't believe in a globe earth, makes your site look bad. Take it from someone new here, from someone with a fresh outside perspective: Your site doesn't appear serious at all.

Meaningful discussion and forward FE momentum can not coexist in such a hostile atmosphere full of enemies.

I can see that Dubay is a bit of an excessive, fanatical, nut; but at least he doesn't put up with FE bashers. I can at least respect him for that. He's a man of conviction; even if he's not firing on all four cylinders.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:32:52 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 10:02:34 PM »
I have to say this: Generals and Leaders don't let enemies into the planning chambers.

This has looked suspicious to me from the beginning. If you post a thread about anything on this site, you are AUTOMATICALLY attacked by 20 proud Global Earth Believers... on a site claiming to be for flat earth believers. I've been here for two days, and I have not found one single intelligent discussion on flat earth theory, or a single person engaging me in conversation on the subject (on the side of FE). I have been mockingly attacked by trolls, and every ounce of flat earth discussion is SQUASHED by the opposition.

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/03/flat-earth-society-controlled-op.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+atlanteanconspiracy%2FVAhj+%28The+Atlantean+Conspiracy%29

(If I'm banned, then that is an affirmative answer. If I'm not, then the afore mentioned facts remain.)

—Rx

We do this because YECs, such as yourself, UFO worshipers, and other hardcore conspiracy theorists are very susceptible to pseudoscience as this, and there are a lot of you guys around the internet. People like you have little understanding of actual science, and without us RE'rs here to expose the BS, you guys might actually think this FE troll website is valid.
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 10:06:07 PM »
You and your ilk are a far greater peril than zeteticism
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 10:20:25 PM »
If Samuel Birley Rowbotham were alive today he would have loved this forum,   he was always up for a lively debate, and he was good at it.

From Wikipedia.

He reinvented himself as an itinerant lecturer under the name Parallax. He took a little time to learn his trade, running away from a lecture in Blackburn when he couldn't explain why the hulls of ships disappeared before their masts when sailing out to sea.[1]

However, as he persisted in filling halls by charging sixpence a lecture his quick-wittedness and debating skills were honed so much that he could "counter every argument with ingenuity, wit and consummate skill".[2]

When finally pinned down to a challenge in Plymouth in 1864 by allegations that he wouldn't agree to a test, Parallax appeared on Plymouth Hoe at the appointed time, witnessed by Richard Proctor, a writer on astronomy, and proceeded to the beach where a telescope had been set up. His opponents had claimed that only the lantern of the Eddystone lighthouse, some 14 miles out to sea, would be visible. In fact, only half the lantern was visible, yet
Rowbotham claimed his opponents were wrong and that it proved the earth was indeed flat so that many Plymouth folk left the Hoe agreeing that "some of the most important conclusions of modern astronomy had been seriously invalidated".[3]

His book Zetetic Astronomy - The Earth not a Globe appeared in 1864. His lectures continued and concerned citizens addressed letters to the Astronomer Royal seeking rebuttals for his claims. A correspondent to the Leeds Times observed that
"One thing he did demonstrate was that scientific dabblers unused to platform advocacy are unable to cope with a man, a charlatan if you will (but clever and thoroughly up in his theory), thoroughly alive to the weakness of his opponents".[5]

I could equate "concerned citizens letters to the Astronomer Royal seeking rebuttals"  with google searches.  ;D

I think he would find today's internet  audience more of a challenge.

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 10:26:48 PM »

I mean no offense by this, but all the trolls in here BASHING everyone who doesn't believe in a globe earth, makes your site look bad. Take it from someone new here, from someone with a fresh outside perspective: Your site doesn't appear serious at all.
If you want to stay in a naval-gazing mutual-admiration environment and not have your ideas examined critically, petition the admins or mods here (or whoever bestows such) for admission into the True Believers cadre, and post only on the Flat Earth Believers board.

Meaningful discussion and forward FE momentum can not coexist in such a hostile atmosphere full of enemies.
Are you afraid to have your ideas criticized? If you believe they are sound, then defend them. If you can't defend them, then isn't it time to think about whether they're sound or not?

Speaking of which, you invited discussion of your two experiments in the Q&A forum, where such is discouraged.

How much does anyone want to bet that a responder will avoid discussing the experiments
Now that they are in a place where such discussion is encouraged, you're nowhere to be found. Why? The one avoiding discussion is you.

I can see that Doobie is a bit of an excessive, fanatical, nut; but at least he doesn't put up with FE bashers. I can at least respect him for that. He's a man of conviction; even if he's not firing on all four cylinders.

Banning people he doesn't agree with is easier than coming up with answers. Apparently his ideas have no substance and he knows it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Orbisect-64

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 10:59:06 PM »
SIX replies and only ONE of them are from FlatEarthers...

It's clear who's running this site.

I believe my point has been made about this site. I have no doubt Dubay was right on the money.

This site has just lost what could have been a positive contributor, because its management isn't even serious. ("TFES is "controlled opposition")

Off to another site on the same subject. Tata, assholes. :P

—Rx
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:33:14 AM by Orbisect-64 »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 11:01:33 PM »
If Samuel Birley Rowbotham were alive today he would have loved this forum,   he was always up for a lively debate, and he was good at it.

From Wikipedia.

He reinvented himself as an itinerant lecturer under the name Parallax. He took a little time to learn his trade, running away from a lecture in Blackburn when he couldn't explain why the hulls of ships disappeared before their masts when sailing out to sea.[1]

However, as he persisted in filling halls by charging sixpence a lecture his quick-wittedness and debating skills were honed so much that he could "counter every argument with ingenuity, wit and consummate skill".[2]

When finally pinned down to a challenge in Plymouth in 1864 by allegations that he wouldn't agree to a test, Parallax appeared on Plymouth Hoe at the appointed time, witnessed by Richard Proctor, a writer on astronomy, and proceeded to the beach where a telescope had been set up. His opponents had claimed that only the lantern of the Eddystone lighthouse, some 14 miles out to sea, would be visible. In fact, only half the lantern was visible, yet
Rowbotham claimed his opponents were wrong and that it proved the earth was indeed flat so that many Plymouth folk left the Hoe agreeing that "some of the most important conclusions of modern astronomy had been seriously invalidated".[3]

His book Zetetic Astronomy - The Earth not a Globe appeared in 1864. His lectures continued and concerned citizens addressed letters to the Astronomer Royal seeking rebuttals for his claims. A correspondent to the Leeds Times observed that
"One thing he did demonstrate was that scientific dabblers unused to platform advocacy are unable to cope with a man, a charlatan if you will (but clever and thoroughly up in his theory), thoroughly alive to the weakness of his opponents".[5]

I could equate "concerned citizens letters to the Astronomer Royal seeking rebuttals"  with google searches.  ;D

I think he would find today's internet  audience more of a challenge.

Ok Geoff.  You still have not changed your schtick. ::)

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2015, 11:37:29 PM »
Ok Geoff.  You still have not changed your schtick. ::)

Thanks for the compliment  (I think?)   But  I'm not Geoff... 

Off to another site on the same subject. Tata, assholes. :P
—Rx

You never engaged in debate on here anyway,  you hid away in the Q&A forum,  so your "positive" FE support won't be missed.

Your only venture out of hiding,  lasted,  what  less than half a dozen three  posts?   And even then one out of the three was to bash other flat earthers. 

Good luck with that attitude.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:47:24 PM by Rayzor »

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 06:21:08 AM »
After a thorough review of all the evidence,   ( I spent 5 minutes on the IFERS forum )  reading about how Jeranism is a bitcoin scammer and a shill,   Mark Sargent is a shill,   Aceni is a shill.   in fact I think just about every flat earther that is more popular than Eric Dubay, or disagrees with him is a shill.   What is it with this guy?

So if  this forum and tfes.org is just "Controlled Opposition"  and everyone else are all shills,   the flat earth movement has been effectively hung drawn and quartered by Eric Dubay.   

Why wouldn't that make him the biggest shill of all.    ( I bet he's on a higher pay grade than me? )

Orbisect-64

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 06:30:21 AM »
This site is not fraudulent based on what Eric Dubay says.

This site is fraudulent based on how many enemies IT lets into its own boarders.

—Rx

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 06:46:50 AM »
This site is not fraudulent based on what Eric Dubay says.

This site is fraudulent based on how many enemies IT lets into its own boarders.

—Rx

I understand where you are coming from, and you are slightly mistaken,  the forum is divided into sections,  admittedly not as controlled as you might like, but people mostly stick to the rules.

If you just want to talk with "true believers"  then apply to join that section,   If you just want Q&A without any debate, then post in Q&A.   The quickest way to get banned around here is to start a debate in the Q&A forum.   If you want a debate,  then post in the debate forum. 

Actually,  I'm not sure if it's just  this forum,  or tfes.org or both that are supposed to be controlled opposition,   on re-reading some of the stuff on ifers,  they get mixed up a bit,   for example,  I think tfes.org was inserting paid banner advertising on ifers,  I can't see this mob here shelling out any hard earned dollars to advertise on ifers. 

Orbisect-64

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 08:05:58 AM »
The problem with that, Rayzor, is that any new person coming here doesn’t know all that internal politics.

And site management is allowing round-earthers to be the GATE-GUARDIANS of the site, for newcomers.

Notice, it was in the Q&A section where I was first “greeted” by the round-earthers. This is only possible because management has allowed this structure; and has perhaps devised it—they do absolutely zero about the issue, and hence they condone it.

Again: “This site is fraudulent based on how many enemies IT lets into its own boarders.” …and to add, it lets its enemies act as gate guardians and greeters.

—Rx

Orbisect-64

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 08:07:33 AM »
HOW COVERT AGENTS INFILTRATE THE INTERNET TO MANIPULATE,  DECEIVE,  AND DESTROY REPUTATIONS

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/

Federal government routinely hires internet trolls, shills to monitor chat rooms, disrupt article comment sections

http://www.naturalnews.com/042093_internet_trolls_chat_rooms_federal_government.html

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 08:21:48 AM »
Again: “This site is fraudulent based on how many enemies IT lets into its own boarders.” …and to add, it lets its enemies act as gate guardians and greeters.
It's not so much that RE'ers are gate guardians or greeters, it's more that RE'ers just far outnumber FE'ers.  And even if you to run into an FE'er, often times they are either RE'ers playing Devil's Advocate for FE, or are just an out and out troll pretending to be a genuine FE'er.  If you're familiar with Poe's law, then you should know how hard it can be to tell the true believers from the dedicated pretenders.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 08:32:47 AM »

—Rx
I'm on the side of the flat Earth in terms of going against the global Earth indoctrination. However, I don't follow the flat earth thoughts in most of what they think on here. I follow a lot of my own hypothetical thoughts, regardless of who believes them to be anything or nothing.

I do agree with you about how flat Earth members on here do not favour anyone going against the globalists, but that's not down to controlled opposition, necessarily. I put it down to simply disliking those who do not follow a model that most of the main flat Earth theorists follow, as they seem to be a close knit kind of bunch.

I'm hated by them. I'm hated more by the flat earth theorists, than I am by the globalists.  ;D

Very few flat Earth believers actually see me. Most bypass my posts and I'm fine with it, because I don't follow their route, yet I'm grateful for this forum because this forum helped me wake up and choose to look deeper.

In truth, I can't tell what the main people on here are up to or what the full on goal of the site is. It matters not to be fair, because what does matter, is how I interpret stuff that marries in with my thoughts, as well as seeing posts by people who appear to be logical and giving me great food for thought.

Other than that, I'm fine with it all, including some of the globalites. There's very few that bother me and most are intelligent.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 09:04:44 AM »
I wish I hadn't looked in on the ifers forum... It's like watching a slow motion train wreck... 

I'm  intrigued by the feeding frenzy that's going on over there with this Jeranism  scandal,   I have no idea exactly what he's supposed to have done, some kind of a scam involving bitcoins it seems,  but what I am interested in is how quickly the ifers mob turned on "one of their own"    not just  the bit coin scam but  seemingly Jeran sided with Mark Sargent in an interview.   Bad move!
To cap it off Eric donated $200 to Jeran to fund the videoing of a laser experiment,  which all went wrong.   

Flat earth soap opera and high drama.    http://ifers.boards.net/thread/522/saying-hi-happy-jeranism?page=10

I never thought much of his Jeranism flat earth videos,  they were slickly produced, but the content was pretty weak,  and his catch phrase "Astronots to the moon haha"  was pretty annoying. 

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 11:39:03 AM »
I very much doubt a global conspiracy cares that much about a minority that everyone else laughs at. For 'controlled opposition' to be needed, there needs to be some meaningful opposition in the first place.

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 11:43:52 AM »
I wish I hadn't looked in on the ifers forum... It's like watching a slow motion train wreck... 

I'm  intrigued by the feeding frenzy that's going on over there with this Jeranism  scandal,   I have no idea exactly what he's supposed to have done, some kind of a scam involving bitcoins it seems,  but what I am interested in is how quickly the ifers mob turned on "one of their own"    not just  the bit coin scam but  seemingly Jeran sided with Mark Sargent in an interview.   Bad move!
To cap it off Eric donated $200 to Jeran to fund the videoing of a laser experiment,  which all went wrong.   

Flat earth soap opera and high drama.    http://ifers.boards.net/thread/522/saying-hi-happy-jeranism?page=10

I never thought much of his Jeranism flat earth videos,  they were slickly produced, but the content was pretty weak,  and his catch phrase "Astronots to the moon haha"  was pretty annoying.
Rayzor that all you have in your life watching over Flat earth sites ? hahahahaha you pathetic hahahahah

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 12:03:20 PM »

Rayzor that all you have in your life watching over Flat earth sites ? hahahahaha you pathetic hahahahah
For once I agree,  I feel significantly dumber after reading what passes for discussion over there,  there is no debate, nothing...  all just  worshiping the supreme leader,  very strange.  Then when one falls out of favour, it's like a pack of wolves.   Waste of time.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »

For once I agree,  I feel significantly dumber after reading what passes for discussion over there,  there is no debate, nothing...  all just  worshiping the supreme leader,  very strange.  Then when one falls out of favour, it's like a pack of wolves.   Waste of time.
There is absence of actual content that's I agree, I don't know why.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 01:50:57 PM »
I very much doubt a global conspiracy cares that much about a minority that everyone else laughs at. For 'controlled opposition' to be needed, there needs to be some meaningful opposition in the first place.

Then you don't understand how censorship works.

The idea is to stop a movement [before it can get big]; not to suppress it afterward.

Hence, it would be in the government's (and NASA's) interest to send a few shits... I mean shills into a dive like this.
Wait a few days and you see mikeman and rayzor will make you proud flat earther.

Orbisect-64

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 01:59:04 PM »
"Then there is the occasional confession by a former employee of the government who fesses up about what is really taking place in secret behind the scenes. A recent public posting on a "conspiracy theory" forum — conspiracy websites are typically the most heavily targeted by government officials — admits that individuals are constantly being recruited and hired by shadowy groups and government-affiliated agencies to manipulate online discussions."—from second article below.

HOW COVERT AGENTS INFILTRATE THE INTERNET TO MANIPULATE,  DECEIVE,  AND DESTROY REPUTATIONS

Federal government routinely hires internet trolls, shills to monitor chat rooms, disrupt article comment sections
http://www.naturalnews.com/042093_internet_trolls_chat_rooms_federal_government.html

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 02:07:24 PM »
"Then there is the occasional confession by a former employee of the government who fesses up about what is really taking place in secret behind the scenes. A recent public posting on a "conspiracy theory" forum — conspiracy websites are typically the most heavily targeted by government officials — admits that individuals are constantly being recruited and hired by shadowy groups and government-affiliated agencies to manipulate online discussions."—from second article below.

I doubt rayzor is from Australia is literally 24/7 in this forum and in other flat earth forum, and mikeman is a big contender to rayzor as the most bored man in known earth, maybe in the magical universe of him. Bijane could be a man though.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 02:12:06 PM »
If flat Earth theory had no opposition that it couldn't develop.  The best say to prove a theory is to try to disprove it and fail, so of FET was really true then our presence here wouldn't be a problem and we would all sooner or later become flat earthers after failing at disproving it.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Orbisect-64

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 03:14:37 PM »
If flat Earth theory had no opposition that it couldn't develop.  The best say to prove a theory is to try to disprove it and fail, so of FET was really true then our presence here wouldn't be a problem and we would all sooner or later become flat earthers after failing at disproving it.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 03:27:32 PM »
Orbisect-64: there are a number of possibilities

1. This site is cointelpro.
2. This site is a joke.
3. This site is as stated.
4. This site is a stepping stone to something else.

How would you know which one of the above is true?:

1. Weak moderation, allow opponents to run unchecked.
2. Make fun of yourselves/ideas regularly.
3. Strong moderation. Much pushing by moderators/long time/new members of new theories and ideas. Regular banning of dissidents.
4. Unknown at the present as to what the next step is. Don't believe it exists.

My conclusion:

1. cointelpro.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 03:34:51 PM »
Actually this site did used to be very serious. There was just a schism where most mods/admins left, and the founder's perpetually absent, so the means by which it can police itself are pretty much gone.
Don't confuse incompetence with malevolence. Dubay would have died of a mysterious heart attack if there was a shadowy conspiracy that really cared.