Thank you Round Earth believers; you have been very helpful

• 49 Replies
?

Tom Last

Re: Thank you Round Earth believers; you have been very helpful
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2015, 02:17:12 AM »
If you don't do proper observations, that's fine with me. I don't call you an idiot, my friend.

What is your definition of a proper observation?  Does it have to be long distance spotting with a 60x spotting scope to be considered proper?  Have you ever considered that there are other ways to prove the shape of the Earth like sunspot observation from 2 points thousands of miles apart?  How is my experiment not proper?

Why are you concerned about my proper observations?

If you are happy with your sun observation, that's fine.
If you want to do more long distance observations at sea and on land, that's fine.
If you want to do more observations à la Bedford Canal style, that's fine.

Just do your own (complete or not complete package) or don't do anything at all.

Believe whatever you want. I'm not interested to free you from your illusions.

I just don't get it that you want to convert all the FE-people on this (their) forum and tell the FE-interested people every day that it is stupid to believe (or even consider) that the earth is flat.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 02:58:47 AM by Tom Last »

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2015, 11:08:16 AM »
What is your definition of a proper observation?  Does it have to be long distance spotting with a 60x spotting scope to be considered proper?  Have you ever considered that there are other ways to prove the shape of the Earth like sunspot observation from 2 points thousands of miles apart?  How is my experiment not proper?

If you want to do more long distance observations at sea and on land, that's fine.

Just do your own (complete or not complete package) or don't do anything at all.

I just don't get it that you want to convert all the FE-people on this (their) forum and tell the FE-interested people every day that it is stupid to believe (or even consider) that the earth is flat.

Good luck!
[/quote]

The probelem I have with your observations is that you already assumed flat Earth and you were trying to prove it.  From what I can tell, you went to a beach and started looking at objects that looked very far away.  If there were any objects there that were too far to see on a round Earth then you wouldn't have been able to see them because the Earth is round, and based on how you conducted your experiment those objects below the horizon would not even be considered.  Your experiment was biased.  You also calculated curvature incorrectly.

The main probelem I have is that you accuse me of not doing any experimentation when I have in fact done experimentation.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2015, 11:42:03 AM »

Good luck!

The probelem I have with your observations is that you already assumed flat Earth and you were trying to prove it.  From what I can tell, you went to a beach and started looking at objects that looked very far away.  If there were any objects there that were too far to see on a round Earth then you wouldn't have been able to see them because the Earth is round, and based on how you conducted your experiment those objects below the horizon would not even be considered.  Your experiment was biased.  You also calculated curvature incorrectly.

The main probelem I have is that you accuse me of not doing any experimentation when I have in fact done experimentation.
[/quote]
Your experiments if there any credibility are not conclusive for round earth not in half of centimeter.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2015, 12:05:42 PM »
Your experiments if there any credibility are not conclusive for round earth not in half of centimeter.

Please do tell how you think my experiment is inconclusive.

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2015, 12:24:09 PM »

You can explain it by 10000000 ways and show it in a flat earth environment.

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2015, 12:24:47 PM »
and that's true if you wasn't fake your experiment that is more than likely.

Mikey T.

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2015, 12:34:34 PM »
Actually you meant to say there is 0 different ways to explain it for a flat Earth model.

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2015, 12:38:50 PM »
Actually you meant to say there is 0 different ways to explain it for a flat Earth model.
Mikey, Do you admit you are sadist ? you stay here for making fun of people, people whose this subject his deep to their heart, do you admit your whole staying here purpose is to offense them and make them looks idiot ? to discredit them and not to try even once to settle your ideas with flat earth as somebody who is not interested and agendist would do.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2015, 12:41:32 PM »

Tell me one.  How could the Sun be seen from the same perspective from thousands of miles apart if it's as close as FET requires?

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2015, 12:43:46 PM »

Tell me one.  How could the Sun be seen from the same perspective from thousands of miles apart if it's as close as FET requires?
the heliocentric model, newton laws, Einstein relativity was composed in the same day, I have to seek for the answer and if you had any credibility you would seek the answer yourself.

Mikey T.

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2015, 12:59:01 PM »
I stay here to offer a differing viewpoint.  Hence debate.  I am not a sadist by any stretch of the imagination.  I was actually very respectful at first, but I tired of being called a liar and being accused of hounding others.  I have yet to lie on this forum, I have hounded a few though since then. 
Still not a sadist.  I believe in what I can prove, if its too hard for you to understand, thats ok but stop immediately calling it fake or a lie.  Just stay out of the discussion at that point.  Stop spouting off obvious bull crap like what you said earlier and I corrected you on it.
So you posted while I was typing this and once again that is complete bull crap.
390 BC-heliocentric model, replaced the geocentric model (also a spherical Earth model)  BTW heliocentric is not what is used today, the sun is not the center of the universe.
Ill pick Newton's  De motu corporum in gyrum from 1684 since it was about orbiting bodies.
so 390 BC to 1684 CE is 2074 years. 
Now Einstein's work on relativity, we will just use 1905 when special relativity came about, but he finished general relativity in 1915.
so now we have 2074 years between heliocentric and Newton then another 221 years to Einstein. 
Lots of history happened in between those times, lots of people researched those things after they were proposed or published into papers.

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2015, 01:21:35 PM »
I stay here to offer a differing viewpoint.  Hence debate.  I am not a sadist by any stretch of the imagination.  I was actually very respectful at first, but I tired of being called a liar and being accused of hounding others.  I have yet to lie on this forum, I have hounded a few though since then. 
Still not a sadist.  I believe in what I can prove, if its too hard for you to understand, thats ok but stop immediately calling it fake or a lie.  Just stay out of the discussion at that point.  Stop spouting off obvious bull crap like what you said earlier and I corrected you on it.
So you posted while I was typing this and once again that is complete bull crap.
390 BC-heliocentric model, replaced the geocentric model (also a spherical Earth model)  BTW heliocentric is not what is used today, the sun is not the center of the universe.
Ill pick Newton's  De motu corporum in gyrum from 1684 since it was about orbiting bodies.
so 390 BC to 1684 CE is 2074 years. 
Now Einstein's work on relativity, we will just use 1905 when special relativity came about, but he finished general relativity in 1915.
so now we have 2074 years between heliocentric and Newton then another 221 years to Einstein. 
Lots of history happened in between those times, lots of people researched those things after they were proposed or published into papers.
Oh mikey you expressed your view many times now you can retire peacefully and go to forum to enrich your knowledge in physics and round earth not in flat earth community, here is a place to rethink flat earth.

Mikey T.

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2015, 01:24:15 PM »
LMAO.  So you do not want a debate then.  Hey mods, let's delete the debate section.  modestman thinks there should be nothing other than flat Earth ideas discussed here. 

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »
LMAO.  So you do not want a debate then.  Hey mods, let's delete the debate section.  modestman thinks there should be nothing other than flat Earth ideas discussed here.
Raising questions is different than think you know certainly the answer, yes the debate section should be removed and people like you who haven't show any recognizable emotion to know something different, should be banned.

?

Tom Last

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2015, 02:21:16 AM »

Good luck!

[/quote]

You know nothing about the observations I did during 10 days. Have you been a Peeping Tom?
If not, mind your own business!

The observations described / recommended on this site are:

-1- Long distance observations at sea and on land.
-2- Observations à la Bedford Canal style.

You do a complete observation package or you don't.

I am not accusing you. Please read my posts again.

What I want to know: Why do you want to convert all the FE-people on this (their) forum and tell the FE-interested people every day that it is stupid to believe (or even consider) that the earth is flat?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:26:01 AM by Tom Last »

Mikey T.

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2015, 07:27:33 AM »
The problem is several fold here Tom. 
First when someone says something that is blatantly wrong to support their opinion, many of us cannot just sit by and watch as people who have no clue get sucked in to a viewpoint that is wrong. 
Second is that the Earth is not flat, seriously it isn't, there is so much data showing what its shape really is that you have to invent a conspiracy that almost everyone in the world is a part of in some form or another to try to disprove it. 
Third is that many of us have a teaching spirit about us, we are not as well equipped to sit by idly while some naive person who actually may not understand science or is already suspicious from some other conspiracy theory crap comes along and this adds to their paranoia about the outside world. 
Fourth is the fact that math and science are not evil things or complete BS, many of us have spent our lives learning how to use those to better ourselves and others.
Fifth is some of us came here out of curiosity and realised that almost every member here posting is just trolling for fun so we joined in.
There are more reasons, these are just a few.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2015, 01:34:08 PM »
I came on here after lurking for 2 years. Couldn't let you FErs go without correction :P
Almost nostalgic, with scepti back.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2015, 03:21:24 PM »
Tom, the reason I know so little about your observations is because you never told us.  You refused to give those details when I asked.

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2015, 09:23:56 AM »
What I want to know: Why do you want to convert all the FE-people on this (their) forum and tell the FE-interested people every day that it is stupid to believe (or even consider) that the earth is flat?

Maybe because it is.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2015, 10:49:57 AM »

Maybe because it is.

I have also come to the conclusion that it is impossible to convert FE-People to the fact that the earth is not flat. I still think most of the people posing as FE-People are just on here  for presenting FE ideas for the sake of debate. They really know what is the true shape of the earth. They really know. They are just good actors.

Here is something else for Tom Last.:
The distance from the earth to the moon and the diameter of the moon.

Hints:
1. Talk to some astronomical observatories about their laser measurements. Maybe they might even let  you observe them.
2.Talk to some amateur radio operators about "Moon Bounce" and how they could determine the distance from the earth to the moon. I am sure there is a local amateur radio club that could help you.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:57:52 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !