Disproof of gravity

• 1389 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Disproof of gravity
« Reply #210 on: July 05, 2015, 02:49:42 AM »
Thanks for your answers.
First, lets say an metal object that was originally liquid, therefor any air bubbles of air would leave the object before it solidified.
No. It depends on the actual metal. For instance, the melting points. An example is LEAD. It's melting point is low which means it turns to liquid and is dense enough to squeeze out most atmospheric pressure, which leaves it extremely dense and weighing heavier on a scale due to it's density being able to exert most of it's entire mass on resistance to the atmosphere.
However, if other metals are melted and cooled, the cooling process can be slow and this allows atmosphere to be trapped in it, meaning it's absorbed a fair bit which also means that less of that metal is resisting the atmosphere outside of it.

That's why I use water as an analogy to those who are prepared to understand it. Few seem to want to and are quite happy believing in gravity and willing to simply reject anything said against it, no matter what. I'll see how you fare.
For the second one two further questions. First of all, if decreasing the pressure causes a decrease in weight, then would increasing the pressure the levels greater then normal increase the weight.
Secondly, does the weight scale linearly with pressure.
Course it would increase the weight. You would have more psi upon you so you would need to resist that, which means your body would show that on a scale plate.
It depends on how you look at it when you say linear. You see, realistically the atmosphere is stacked upon you. It's pushing you as you resist that push. You could sort of think it was linear but then it depends on how you look at the grip or friction effect as it's pushing down and around you to grip you. It's why I didn't answer that little dipshit who used to come on here...ermmm Geoffrey I think her name was.

So you make your choice what you think it is....or simply stop asking about vectors and shite because all you're doing is making it harder for yourselves you pack of dipshits.

For example, halving the pressure causes the weight to also be halved. Decreasing the pressure to one third decreases the pressure to one ninth.
Or would it scale differently. E.G. decreasing the pressure 1/4 decrease weight to 1/2, while decreasing the pressure to 1/9th decreases the weight to 1/3.
E.G. decreasing the pressure.
No not necessarily. It depends on the scales. Scales are calibrated and made under atmospheric conditions. Basically they rely on various methods of weighing, depending on the scale used, so all scales will probably show many differences. This needs to be checked out and I was in the process of doing it with a waif like girl called sokarul but she decided to take fits and jump about when I told her that she wasn't following what I asked.

Why does air have weight?
Air doesn't have weight. Nothing has weight until it's stacked against each other in a push on push fight. Weight only comes from man made measuring plates that measure the resistance of this push on push of object against air. or air against air.
The problem is, you can't measure air by simply placing a scale on the ground because that scale is already in atmospheric sea level pressured environment.

As for measuring air to air to weight it; you can't. You need a dense surface to weight air. A surface denser than air that is capable of resisting it.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #211 on: July 05, 2015, 03:05:33 AM »
Thanks for your answers.
First, lets say an metal object that was originally liquid, therefor any air bubbles of air would leave the object before it solidified.
No. It depends on the actual metal. For instance, the melting points. An example is LEAD. It's melting point is low which means it turns to liquid and is dense enough to squeeze out most atmospheric pressure, which leaves it extremely dense and weighing heavier on a scale due to it's density being able to exert most of it's entire mass on resistance to the atmosphere.
However, if other metals are melted and cooled, the cooling process can be slow and this allows atmosphere to be trapped in it, meaning it's absorbed a fair bit which also means that less of that metal is resisting the atmosphere outside of it.

That's why I use water as an analogy to those who are prepared to understand it. Few seem to want to and are quite happy believing in gravity and willing to simply reject anything said against it, no matter what. I'll see how you fare.
For the second one two further questions. First of all, if decreasing the pressure causes a decrease in weight, then would increasing the pressure the levels greater then normal increase the weight.
Secondly, does the weight scale linearly with pressure.
Course it would increase the weight. You would have more psi upon you so you would need to resist that, which means your body would show that on a scale plate.
It depends on how you look at it when you say linear. You see, realistically the atmosphere is stacked upon you. It's pushing you as you resist that push. You could sort of think it was linear but then it depends on how you look at the grip or friction effect as it's pushing down and around you to grip you. It's why I didn't answer that little dipshit who used to come on here...ermmm Geoffrey I think her name was.

So you make your choice what you think it is....or simply stop asking about vectors and shite because all you're doing is making it harder for yourselves you pack of dipshits.

For example, halving the pressure causes the weight to also be halved. Decreasing the pressure to one third decreases the pressure to one ninth.
Or would it scale differently. E.G. decreasing the pressure 1/4 decrease weight to 1/2, while decreasing the pressure to 1/9th decreases the weight to 1/3.
E.G. decreasing the pressure.
No not necessarily. It depends on the scales. Scales are calibrated and made under atmospheric conditions. Basically they rely on various methods of weighing, depending on the scale used, so all scales will probably show many differences. This needs to be checked out and I was in the process of doing it with a waif like girl called sokarul but she decided to take fits and jump about when I told her that she wasn't following what I asked.

Why does air have weight?
Air doesn't have weight. Nothing has weight until it's stacked against each other in a push on push fight. Weight only comes from man made measuring plates that measure the resistance of this push on push of object against air. or air against air.
The problem is, you can't measure air by simply placing a scale on the ground because that scale is already in atmospheric sea level pressured environment.

As for measuring air to air to weight it; you can't. You need a dense surface to weight air. A surface denser than air that is capable of resisting it.

So if air doesn't have weight how does a helium balloon rise?
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #212 on: July 05, 2015, 03:26:14 AM »

I said air doesn't have measurable weight against itself. It has to push on push against objects for it to be weighed.

Oh and helium balloons rise because it is more expanded and less dense than the atmosphere which by more dense and smaller (compressed) molecules in larger numbers, try to squash or crush the helium but like wet soap in your hand, a crush only PUSHES the helium vertically, until that helium can expand to a state of equalisation at whatever height it goes, unless the balloon gives way before that happens, which is always.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #213 on: July 05, 2015, 03:29:42 AM »

I said air doesn't have measurable weight against itself. It has to push on push against objects for it to be weighed.

Oh and helium balloons rise because it is more expanded and less dense than the atmosphere which by more dense and smaller (compressed) molecules in larger numbers, try to squash or crush the helium but like wet soap in your hand, a crush only PUSHES the helium vertically, until that helium can expand to a state of equalisation at whatever height it goes, unless the balloon gives way before that happens, which is always.

So does Helium weigh anything?
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #214 on: July 05, 2015, 06:18:00 AM »

So does Helium weigh anything?
Same thing. It would weigh by a push on push system against a measurable man made scale.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #215 on: July 05, 2015, 08:45:57 AM »

Two questions.First of all, are you saying that a objects density is to do with how porous it is. I.E. Two fully non-porous objects should have the same density.

You need to be careful by what you're saying about two fully non-porous objects. What you think are two fully non-porous objects may not be so, or anywhere near so. Be particular when you mention this and give me examples of what you deem as two fully non porous objects.

Second, do you agree that a decrease in air pressure should cause a decrease in an objects weight.
PLEASE ANSWER THESE CLEARLY.
Yes, a decrease in air pressure should cause a decrease in an objects weight....BUT it has to be carefully done, because weight is a man made measurement by man made scales and these scales are built and calibrated under the very same atmospheric conditions, so it's not quite as simple as you might believe.
So why don't compresed gas cylinders weight really heavy compared to when they are empty? 3000 psi should greatly increase weight.
Do you really need an answer to that?
I supposed you will.

Do you know the space inside a compressed air cylinder? you know how thick the casing it and the small amount of space that has to have compressed air pushed into it.
Naturally it will weigh more but not much, because it's almost like adding water into a little internal tube of a dense as hell thick skinned container.
But if I were to drop a wrench into it. The wrench should weigh almost 200 times as much. How can this be and how has no one ever noticed?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #216 on: July 05, 2015, 09:19:24 AM »
Sokural read my PM
Scepti, would placing an object in increase atmospheric pressure increase the objects weight.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #217 on: July 05, 2015, 10:02:34 AM »

Two questions.First of all, are you saying that a objects density is to do with how porous it is. I.E. Two fully non-porous objects should have the same density.

You need to be careful by what you're saying about two fully non-porous objects. What you think are two fully non-porous objects may not be so, or anywhere near so. Be particular when you mention this and give me examples of what you deem as two fully non porous objects.

Second, do you agree that a decrease in air pressure should cause a decrease in an objects weight.
Yes, a decrease in air pressure should cause a decrease in an objects weight....BUT it has to be carefully done, because weight is a man made measurement by man made scales and these scales are built and calibrated under the very same atmospheric conditions, so it's not quite as simple as you might believe.
So why don't compresed gas cylinders weight really heavy compared to when they are empty? 3000 psi should greatly increase weight.
I supposed you will.

Do you know the space inside a compressed air cylinder? you know how thick the casing it and the small amount of space that has to have compressed air pushed into it.
Naturally it will weigh more but not much, because it's almost like adding water into a little internal tube of a dense as hell thick skinned container.
But if I were to drop a wrench into it. The wrench should weigh almost 200 times as much. How can this be and how has no one ever noticed?
You're not making any sense.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #218 on: July 05, 2015, 10:05:47 AM »
Sokural read my PM
Scepti, would placing an object in increase atmospheric pressure increase the objects weight.
It would increase the objects resistance to the increase in pressure which would show on a scale, provided the scale wasn't calibrated for that new pressure.

?

guv

« Reply #219 on: July 05, 2015, 10:37:05 AM »

I supposed you will.

3000 psi is about 200 ATM's so how heavy will the bloody spanner get septic. Come on you are the local wise man.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #220 on: July 05, 2015, 11:09:54 AM »

I supposed you will.

3000 psi is about 200 ATM's so how heavy will the bloody spanner get septic. Come on you are the local wise man.
How do you get a spanner under the pressure of 3000 psi? just sling one inside a cylinder do you?

?

guv

« Reply #221 on: July 05, 2015, 11:26:32 AM »

I supposed you will.

How do you get a spanner under the pressure of 3000 psi? just sling one inside a cylinder do you?

Yes, how heavy would it get.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2015, 12:00:09 PM »

I supposed you will.

Yes, how heavy would it get.
I don't know, try it out. I've never stuck a spanner inside a compressed air cylinder and weighed it. Have a go and let me know.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2015, 12:39:09 PM »
I don't know, try it out. I've never stuck a spanner inside a compressed air cylinder and weighed it. Have a go and let me know.
Take a guess. You had no trouble guessing for weights in a vacuum.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2015, 02:06:28 PM »
Find out how much the certain spanner weighs, of your choice, then add it to the weight of the compressed air cylinder.
You don't half come out with some cack.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #225 on: July 05, 2015, 02:39:39 PM »
Find out how much the certain spanner weighs, of your choice, then add it to the weight of the compressed air cylinder.
So you are now saying that increased pressure doesn't cause the weight to increase?  But that goes against everything that you have been saying.  Have you been hitting the bottle more than usual?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #226 on: July 05, 2015, 02:41:35 PM »
1 pound weight of wrench and the compressed air cylinder weighs 60 pounds. So at 3000psi inside, what is the new weight of the cylinder?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #227 on: July 05, 2015, 02:48:46 PM »
So you are now saying that increased pressure doesn't cause the weight to increase?  But that goes against everything that you have been saying.  Have you been hitting the bottle more than usual?
But your increased pressure is inside of a cylinder and you have thrown a spanner in that cylinder, but the scales are external to the cylinder, so you are weighing that cylinder on the scales, not the spanner on the scales inside the cylinder.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #228 on: July 05, 2015, 02:53:10 PM »
1 pound weight of wrench and the compressed air cylinder weighs 60 pounds. So at 3000psi inside, what is the new weight of the cylinder?
Is the cylinder 60 pounds with this 3000 psi inside of it and also the 1 pound wrench.

I don't know why you're using this wrench crap inside a cylinder.  ;D

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #229 on: July 05, 2015, 03:03:29 PM »
Is the cylinder 60 pounds with this 3000 psi inside of it and also the 1 pound wrench.

And with that, denpressure is dead again. Personally I thought it died after my videos.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #230 on: July 05, 2015, 03:08:18 PM »

And with that, denpressure is dead again. Personally I thought it died after my videos.
Denpressure is alive and kicking because it's the sole reason we are alive inside this Earth. A loop like you will not change that.
You have no clue what you're talking about, that's why you use a frigging wrench inside a compressed air cylinder, as if that changes anything when you can't get it into your head what denpressure is, clearly.

Once you understand it a little bit, get back to me, otherwise take off your little council boots, (the one's you shuffled along the floor with when you used your phone video) and just chill out in your little white ankle socks.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #231 on: July 05, 2015, 03:22:15 PM »

Denpressure is alive and kicking because it's the sole reason we are alive inside this Earth. A loop like you will not change that.
You have no clue what you're talking about, that's why you use a frigging wrench inside a compressed air cylinder, as if that changes anything when you can't get it into your head what denpressure is, clearly.

Once you understand it a little bit, get back to me, otherwise take off your little council boots, (the one's you shuffled along the floor with when you used your phone video) and just chill out in your little white ankle socks.
You cannot explain why objects under high pressure don't show a huge weight change. So, no, denpressure is not alive.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #232 on: July 05, 2015, 03:47:15 PM »

You cannot explain why objects under high pressure don't show a huge weight change. So, no, denpressure is not alive.
Oh I can. I just can't do it by putting a wrench inside a compressed air cylinder at 3000 psi, can you?

Here's a better way for you to try it.
Get a perspex box and place a set of scales inside it. Place an object on the scales. Something like a metal object or wooden or plastic and see what it weighs.
Now fit a square board or plastic in the top of the perspex box, making sure it's a real snug fit and push down on the lid. It will compress the air. Now see if the reading on the scale changes. This should give you your answer.
Go and try it, you appear to have the equipment at your college workshop.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #233 on: July 05, 2015, 04:41:20 PM »

Oh I can. I just can't do it by putting a wrench inside a compressed air cylinder at 3000 psi, can you?

Get a perspex box and place a set of scales inside it. Place an object on the scales. Something like a metal object or wooden or plastic and see what it weighs.
Now fit a square board or plastic in the top of the perspex box, making sure it's a real snug fit and push down on the lid. It will compress the air. Now see if the reading on the scale changes. This should give you your answer.
Well, why would increasing the pressure affect the weight when decreasing the pressure didn't affect the weight?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #234 on: July 05, 2015, 04:45:33 PM »

Well, why would increasing the pressure affect the weight when decreasing the pressure didn't affect the weight?
Have you done the experiment to verify it doesn't or are you hanging onto the little coat tails of sokarul?

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #235 on: July 05, 2015, 05:24:23 PM »
Would you bones be crushed instantly in a 3000 psi chamber?
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #236 on: July 05, 2015, 05:25:15 PM »

Have you done the experiment to verify it doesn't or are you hanging onto the little coat tails of sokarul?
Going by the evidence that has been presented on both sides, I would have to go with sokarul.  He did the experiment, recorded it, then presented it.  Something you have yet to do.

Speaking of which, have you published your findings from the ice lake laser experiment that you touted proved beyond doubt that the earth was flat?  No?  Oh yeah, you were only going to present the evidence to people who already believed the earth was flat.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #237 on: July 05, 2015, 05:52:00 PM »

Why not? Your "model" can't make predictions? Sounds like a pretty shitty "model".

If you could prove it, and show that this wrench is now magically orders of magnitude heavier, you could prove a large chunk of modern science wrong. Your name could be in the books. You could educate the world. You could be a millionaire.

But I guess you can't be bothered with that as you have some heated internet forum debates to tend to, right?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #238 on: July 05, 2015, 08:20:04 PM »

I have clogged syringe filters. The 5 ml of slurry doesn't magically feel like 5 pounds since I put extra pressure on it. Why do you use your millions to make a video? Oh let me guess, it's hard to buy things with pretend money.

You were destroyed. Just go out gracefully and ask for your account to be closed.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

guv

« Reply #239 on: July 05, 2015, 09:06:44 PM »
But your increased pressure is inside of a cylinder and you have thrown a spanner in that cylinder, but the scales are external to the cylinder, so you are weighing that cylinder on the scales, not the spanner on the scales inside the cylinder.

[/quote]But your increased pressure is inside of a cylinder and you have thrown a spanner in that cylinder, but the scales are external to the cylinder, so you are weighing that cylinder on the scales, not the spanner on the scales inside the cylinder.
[/quote]

The magic of dunny pressure, Eat more beans septic that should keep the pressure up.