Poll

Should Mississippi keep the Confederate Battle Flag in the corner of its state flag?

Hell Yes! Yeeha!
Hell No! Screw that!
I don't know.

Confederate Flag in the Mississippi State flag

• 48 Replies

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
Re: Confederate Flag in the Mississippi State flag
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2015, 02:56:06 PM »
It could be worse. In England we have the flag of Pakistan flying on at least one town hall. I'm not joking.
In my town hall, there are 4 permanent flags : European, Spanish, Galician, and city's coat of arms. On ocasions such as the Gay Pride day, there migh be a fifth one hanging from the window. What's the problem?

The problem, if you had the brains to see it, is that all the flags you mentioned fucking belong there. Europe is where you live, as is Spain, and Galicia, and your city. For all I know you might or might not be gay. But Pakistan is NOT a part of Europe, or the UK, or England or the city where ITCHY lives.
Should Chinatowns be allowed? That seems pretty similar to flying the Pakistani flag.
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2015, 05:29:09 PM »
Just savor the international relationships and communication. Do you know how amazing that is? You share places, culture, cuisine, words with people leagues away. There's always tensions in relationships, but that's nothing to get angry about.
I swear, you people don't know how good you have it.

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 06:41:07 PM »
Its one thing to have a Chinatown, or a Pakitown, or any -town. Its another thing to fly another country's flag over fucking City Hall, whether its Pakistan or China. Whoever came up with that idea should have been shot.

dephelis

• Sine scientia ars nihil est.
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 07:11:12 PM »
It could be worse. In England we have the flag of Pakistan flying on at least one town hall. I'm not joking.
In my town hall, there are 4 permanent flags : European, Spanish, Galician, and city's coat of arms. On ocasions such as the Gay Pride day, there migh be a fifth one hanging from the window. What's the problem?

The problem, if you had the brains to see it, is that all the flags you mentioned fucking belong there. Europe is where you live, as is Spain, and Galicia, and your city. For all I know you might or might not be gay. But Pakistan is NOT a part of Europe, or the UK, or England or the city where ITCHY lives.

When a foreign representant comes, the visitors flag is flown, too. There is also a permanent british flag plaque nearby where I live, in conmemoration of the death of many of them in a notorious defeat against the french.

Well, yeah, Brilliance. That is very different than flying a flag in open rebellion, pretty much, because there are so many Paki's they have practically taken over the town.

Yaakov, I suggest you follow your own advice from the gay wedding thread and don't comment on things you clearly don't know anything about.

1. Arris doesn't, at least currently, live near Rochdale ... His 'experiment' posts make it clear that he is on the east coast of the UK.

2. Only 7% of the population of Rochdale are Pakistani. How is this anywhere near to being 'taken over'?

3. It may not be part of Europe, but Pakistan is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations (formerly the British Commonwealth). You history degree doesn't seem to have included the relatively strong links between countries of, what was, the British Empire.

4. The Pakistani flag was raised for a single day, in commemoration of 'Pakistan Day'.

5. Rochdale is a town that has been largely subsumed into Manchester. A non UK flag flying over it's town hall for a day is of  exactly zero importance.

I'd also appreciate it if you laid off the racist language.

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2015, 07:46:46 PM »
Oh, shit. It was only one effing day?! Well, hell. I agree. There is nothing wrong with that. I am familiar, quite familiar with the Commonwealth. I was under the impression the damn flag was flying permanently.

That's very different. Arris, what the Hell, Dude? If you're going to spout your mouth, at least get shit right!

I see nothing against flying a flag when people from that country live there, it is part of the (British) Commonwealth (I wish they had kept the old title) of Nations, and the day honours that country. Christ on a crutch! I thought the thing was flying every day! Sorry, Dephelis. I stand corrected.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
  • Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2015, 07:12:18 PM »
Who let this retarded fuck back in here? the dumb bastard who doesn't even know he's white?
Your ignorence flippin dasgusts me!!!!!!!!!! You know im a person of coler but you keep on holding on to this wite sapremist fantisey that im a wite person!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go flip off!!!!!!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who let this retarded fuck back in here? the dumb bastard who doesn't even know he's white?

Your remarks are an affront to people of coler like EJ and myself.
Indeed thank you Pongo!!!!!!!!! And I dident know you were a felow a person of coler!!!!!!!!! :D Wasup my black brotha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PONGO, I don't know what colour you are, and don't care much. If you are Black, or anything else, good for you. But EJ is 31/32nd White, and yet he calls himself Black. Go figure.
Well ges what yakstupit: I DONT CARE!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a still person of coler and I choose to identafy that way!!!!!!!!!!!! So BEAT IT jerkwad!!!!!!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I see nothing against flying a flag when people from that country live there, it is part of the (British) Commonwealth (I wish they had kept the old title) of Nations
Of corse you do! So that you culd continue to spred your wite devil imperealism!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drops mike*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: sceptimatic
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2015, 09:08:36 PM »
Ok, Fraction, got that.

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2015, 05:31:57 AM »
Ok, White Boy.
Ok Hime Boy!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, as an Australian, I think that is the whole point. You don't quite get that our State system is designed originally to be like many small countries represented by a large, weak central government. In fact, under the Articles of Confederation that governed this country prior to the Constitution, the Central Government was kept VERY weak, so weak that indeed it could not function. It was deemed that something stronger was needed. The only problem is that how the Constitution has been interpreted has been totally to the abnegation of States Rights. And yes, most of us do identify more with our States than we do with the National Government.
Ah yes states rites!!!!! The old argumint used by the RASCIST enslavers and segragationists back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, EJ not withstanding, Lincoln was not looking to treat Negroes equally. In fact, he wanted to send all freed Negroes back to Africa.
BALONI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Linkin tretid ALL races equeley stop changing historey you flippin BIGOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Prove your alternit historey to me you IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drops mike*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have to prove shit. I am the one with three degrees. You have a high school education and can't spell or otherwise write in English. Go fuck yourself.

But most people can't even tell you who was President at a certain time early in American history, because the offic was so much less relevant, because so much was don't at the Statehouse, before the National Government started taking all power from the States. I'm hoping that eventually that power will be returned, peacefully, of course.
Of corse your hopeing that!!!!!! Your hopeing that the states will get back the power to legalize slaverey and segragation and discrimate agenst the LGBTQ comunitey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Says the douche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do agree you are a douche.

Slavery would have ultimately ended anyway. It was an impractical institution that held the South back
Impractical?  Not immoral then?
HA!!!!!!!! This PROVES that yakoov is a flippin RASCIST!!!!!!!! He wants all pepel of coler to be SLAVES to the wite devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, of course its immoral! But even by an economic standard is what I'm saying. Even if you were inclined, as some white slave owners were, to overlook the moral question, or to attempt to justify it on dubious appeals to the Bible or other moral appeals (the White Man's Burden, and that kind of crap), the system still could not be maintained, purely from an economic point of view.

Look, no one here, least of all me, is going to attempt to morally justify any kind of slavery, colour-based or otherwise. For that matter, even many slave owners themselves recognised the rank immorality of the institution. Washington freed all his slaves at his death, although that did not include his wife's slaves, because they were not his to free, but rather hers, given how property rights were looked at at the time in Virginia.

Slavery is a disgusting, filthy practice, whether its based on colour or anything else. And it should be noted, ANYTHING ELSE. Africans held each other as slaves LONG before Europeans ever got involved in the mess. People seem to forget that the first slaves that Europeans brought to America (and Europe itself) from Africa had been bought and paid for by Europeans from Africans. Africans who had defeated other Africans in war, captured those other Africans, and made slaves of them, and then sold them to others, including Europeans. The whole colour question didn't come up for about a century.
LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Africans did NOT own slaves you evil RASCIST!!!!!!!!!!!!! The EVIL wite devils came over to are homeland and took away are men and women by force and forced them to be SLAVES!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop spreding your wite sapremist BULLCRUD, you KNOW that Africans NEVER owned slaves unlike the EVIL WITE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drops mike*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slavery would have ultimately ended anyway. It was an impractical institution that held the South back
According to who's moral standards?  Slavery, in one form or another, has been around in many (if not most) cultures just about forever.  I think that if slaves are treated well enough, then the moral argument against slavery becomes a little tougher.
HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slaverey is completeley EVIL and you are a RASCIST BIGOT spreding the same LIES as the wite man did during the slate days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it is imposibel for the wite man to trete slaves well becuz of his INHARINT HATE for the Person of COLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just go FLIP OFF you evil RASCIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The North had slaves too. Why is this such a big deal?
*BEEP* RONG!!!!!!!!!! Onley the Sowth had slaves you flippin IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drops mike*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forgetting the connotations, I think the confederate flag looks cool; much better than the stars n stripes. The nazi flag was a smart flag too, if you can see past what it stands for.
RASCIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This absipituteley PROVES that your a RASCIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have any idea what those flippin flags stand for?!!!!!!!!!! Go flip yourself you stupit JERKWAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Says the DOUCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind that EJ is a boy with a high school education, who was held back at least one year. As you can see he can't spell or otherwise write in English. He therefore has no right to ask an academic to to prove a fucking thing. So my answer to any such thing is, prove me wrong, shit-for-brains.

Excelsior John

• Ranters
  • Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2015, 08:27:18 AM »
Ok, Fraction, got that.
And wunce agen you go with a raciel slur!!!!!!!!!!!! Bam.
Ok, White Boy.
Ok Hime Boy!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, as an Australian, I think that is the whole point. You don't quite get that our State system is designed originally to be like many small countries represented by a large, weak central government. In fact, under the Articles of Confederation that governed this country prior to the Constitution, the Central Government was kept VERY weak, so weak that indeed it could not function. It was deemed that something stronger was needed. The only problem is that how the Constitution has been interpreted has been totally to the abnegation of States Rights. And yes, most of us do identify more with our States than we do with the National Government.
Ah yes states rites!!!!! The old argumint used by the RASCIST enslavers and segragationists back in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, EJ not withstanding, Lincoln was not looking to treat Negroes equally. In fact, he wanted to send all freed Negroes back to Africa.
BALONI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Linkin tretid ALL races equeley stop changing historey you flippin BIGOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Prove your alternit historey to me you IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drops mike*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have to prove shit. I am the one with three degrees. You have a high school education and can't spell or otherwise write in English. Go fuck yourself.
Why do you expec me to beleive your crap when you rafuse to give me evidance?!!!!!!! Yakoov dont expec me to do your homework! ::) Pepel arent going to beleive you unles you prove your idiotic prepasitions!!!!!!!!! And having some stupit dagre doesint make you superor to me! I wuld probaley have FIVE dagres by now if I wasint being discrimatid by the sistum for being a flippin person of coler!!!!!!!!!! Wunce agen your showing yourself to be a flameing wite sapremist!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But most people can't even tell you who was President at a certain time early in American history, because the offic was so much less relevant, because so much was don't at the Statehouse, before the National Government started taking all power from the States. I'm hoping that eventually that power will be returned, peacefully, of course.
Of corse your hopeing that!!!!!! Your hopeing that the states will get back the power to legalize slaverey and segragation and discrimate agenst the LGBTQ comunitey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Says the douche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do agree you are a douche.
You rafuse to dafend yourself agenst my evidances thus proving wunce and for all that you suport slaverey segragation and homophobea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drops mike*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HA!!!!!!!! This PROVES that yakoov is a flippin RASCIST!!!!!!!! He wants all pepel of coler to be SLAVES to the wite devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, of course its immoral! But even by an economic standard is what I'm saying. Even if you were inclined, as some white slave owners were, to overlook the moral question, or to attempt to justify it on dubious appeals to the Bible or other moral appeals (the White Man's Burden, and that kind of crap), the system still could not be maintained, purely from an economic point of view.

Look, no one here, least of all me, is going to attempt to morally justify any kind of slavery, colour-based or otherwise. For that matter, even many slave owners themselves recognised the rank immorality of the institution. Washington freed all his slaves at his death, although that did not include his wife's slaves, because they were not his to free, but rather hers, given how property rights were looked at at the time in Virginia.

Slavery is a disgusting, filthy practice, whether its based on colour or anything else. And it should be noted, ANYTHING ELSE. Africans held each other as slaves LONG before Europeans ever got involved in the mess. People seem to forget that the first slaves that Europeans brought to America (and Europe itself) from Africa had been bought and paid for by Europeans from Africans. Africans who had defeated other Africans in war, captured those other Africans, and made slaves of them, and then sold them to others, including Europeans. The whole colour question didn't come up for about a century.
LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Africans did NOT own slaves you evil RASCIST!!!!!!!!!!!!! The EVIL wite devils came over to are homeland and took away are men and women by force and forced them to be SLAVES!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop spreding your wite sapremist BULLCRUD, you KNOW that Africans NEVER owned slaves unlike the EVIL WITE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drops mike*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
According to who's moral standards?  Slavery, in one form or another, has been around in many (if not most) cultures just about forever.  I think that if slaves are treated well enough, then the moral argument against slavery becomes a little tougher.
HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Slaverey is completeley EVIL and you are a RASCIST BIGOT spreding the same LIES as the wite man did during the slate days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it is imposibel for the wite man to trete slaves well becuz of his INHARINT HATE for the Person of COLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just go FLIP OFF you evil RASCIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The North had slaves too. Why is this such a big deal?
*BEEP* RONG!!!!!!!!!! Onley the Sowth had slaves you flippin IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *drops mike*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forgetting the connotations, I think the confederate flag looks cool; much better than the stars n stripes. The nazi flag was a smart flag too, if you can see past what it stands for.
RASCIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This absipituteley PROVES that your a RASCIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you have any idea what those flippin flags stand for?!!!!!!!!!! Go flip yourself you stupit JERKWAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Says the DOUCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind that EJ is a boy with a high school education, who was held back at least one year. As you can see he can't spell or otherwise write in English. He therefore has no right to ask an academic to to prove a fucking thing. So my answer to any such thing is, prove me wrong, shit-for-brains.
Here you go thinking your superor to me all becuz im a person of coler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR the won who has to prove your owtlandish clames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And what do you flippin mean I was held back a year you flippin idiot!!!!!!!!!!! !!! Prove this flippin bullshit you stupit bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Says the douche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: sceptimatic
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2015, 08:58:53 AM »
Whatever, Fraction.

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 10:53:16 AM »
By the way, EJ, you snot-nosed little freshman piece of crap, I was teaching university when you were still in Middle School. You should be calling me Professor or Sir. And just like your own professors, I don't have to prove a thing to you. My degrees do that. You think I am wrong, you prove it, or shut your cake-hole. But just remember, punk, I taught university, which is better than your shitty little community college, where you can get what, an AA at best? I am at least equal or superior to most of your own instructors where you go to school. So just remember that to you, I am a Professor or a Sir. Little Punk. At your best, you are a student, and not one of the best and brightest. Your orthography indicates that. Dumb-ass.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2015, 01:54:47 PM »
By the way, EJ, you snot-nosed little freshman piece of crap, I was teaching university when you were still in Middle School. You should be calling me Professor or Sir. And just like your own professors, I don't have to prove a thing to you. My degrees do that. You think I am wrong, you prove it, or shut your cake-hole. But just remember, punk, I taught university, which is better than your shitty little community college, where you can get what, an AA at best? I am at least equal or superior to most of your own instructors where you go to school. So just remember that to you, I am a Professor or a Sir. Little Punk. At your best, you are a student, and not one of the best and brightest. Your orthography indicates that. Dumb-ass.

You still think arguments from authority work.  You are so cute.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2015, 02:42:03 PM »

You still think arguments from authority work.  You are so cute.

They do, in this case. It is assumed that someone with a degree has more knowledge, and can be trusted, more than a fuck-tard who couldn't graduate high school until he was 19, believes the earth is flat, and can't write in conventional English. Now, against someone of similar age and education, no, they don't. That is where they become a logical fallacy. You assume that someone of similar age and education, in any field, has at least very basic knowledge in pretty much about all fields. Just as I have basic knowledge of American Literature and even some basic knowledge of College Chemistry, I would expect a Medical Doctor to have basic knowledge of American History and American Literature. But our little resident Fuck-tard EJ can't even spell. Ergo, he has basic knowledge of nothing. He is an idiot.The best thing he could do would be to slink off into his hole and stay there if he did but know. But since he doesn't, that leaves me to shred him, to my heart's content, since its so easy, and he makes it so much fun.

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2015, 02:55:01 PM »
I mean, seriously, RAMA SET, assuming you went to college, and I do so assume, if you doubted your professor was right, did he have to prove himself right to you, or did you have to prove him wrong? I am almost certain it would have been the latter rather than the former. If you did prove him wrong, I expect he graciously admitted it, also, if he was a decent sort.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2015, 03:30:16 PM »
The Confederacy is a part of history and we can't just sweep it under a rug.  If we don't learn from our history we could find our self repeating it, and even though slavery and the civil war is not a very great part of our history it happened and nothing we do can change that.  When most people look at the confederate flag they think about the good men who gave their lives to bring them down, and it's an evil that the United States triumphed over.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2015, 04:52:03 PM »
I mean, seriously, RAMA SET, assuming you went to college, and I do so assume, if you doubted your professor was right, did he have to prove himself right to you, or did you have to prove him wrong? I am almost certain it would have been the latter rather than the former. If you did prove him wrong, I expect he graciously admitted it, also, if he was a decent sort.

The whole point, as you should know but apparently don't, which is chilling, is that arguments rest on their merit, not the credentials of the person putting the argument forth. Professors who demand respect merely because of their station is not worthy of respect.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2015, 05:02:13 PM »
Ok, come on, Rama Set. Act like an adult. I was proved wrong once by a student. I thanked him and we went about our business. I proved one of my own profs wrong and nearly got expelled. It all depends on if you are man (or woman) enough to take it. I was. My own prof was a femi-Nazi, man-hating bitch. When a man called her out on it and proved her wrong she couldn't take it.

If EJ can prove me wrong, let him. I'll buy the beer. He can't, and I know that. But if he can, let him. I'll admit it. Is he man enough to admit I'm right if he researches it out and I am?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 05:04:40 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2015, 05:25:47 PM »
Spoilers ahead:

EJ is one of the most anoying trolls around. One would think that a college professor would realize that.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2015, 05:59:05 PM »
CONKER, we know that, Genius. But he's fun to fuck with.