Hey, flat earthers, what do you think about this?

• 23 Replies
« on: November 19, 2006, 12:39:47 AM »
We will talk about day and night. How are you going to answer this question- that in one country it's day, in another it's night? for example, it's dark in america, but I can clearly see the sun from Bulgaria.

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 01:12:41 AM »
This is an easy one. There is a giant magical lightbuld powered by God himself up there. When He changes the lightbuld, that's when it's night, as they tend to burn out fast. Simple mathmatical logic.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 03:53:09 AM »
He's joking.

The FE explanation for time zones is that the Sun and the Moon cyclically rotate around the centre of the Earth (North pole), roughly following the equator. One shines on one part of the Earth while the other shines on another.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 07:13:32 AM »
Quote from: "Dogplatter"
He's joking.

The FE explanation for time zones is that the Sun and the Moon cyclically rotate around the centre of the Earth (North pole), roughly following the equator. One shines on one part of the Earth while the other shines on another.

That doesn't explain why you can't still see the sun at night.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

beast

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 07:30:30 AM »
You can't see it because it's too far away and pointing in a different direction.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 07:35:53 AM »
Quote from: "beast"
You can't see it because it's too far away and pointing in a different direction.

Yes, but when the sun stops shining on your area, the edge of it would be almost directly above you.

beast

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 07:48:10 AM »
Are you serious?  Have you looked at one of the flat Earth maps?  It's about a quarter of the way around the world when you can't see it and it's a lot smaller than the round Earth Sun.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 07:54:05 AM »
It's about a quarter of the way around the world when you can't see it and it's a lot smaller than the round Earth Sun.

How is that possible if the sun appears to follow a straight path?

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 07:56:46 AM »
What do you mean by "straight path"?

Duke

Re: Hey, flat earthers, what do you think about this?
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 08:04:07 AM »
Quote from: "Zvezdichko"
We will talk about day and night. How are you going to answer this question- that in one country it's day, in another it's night? for example, it's dark in america, but I can clearly see the sun from Bulgaria.

Zashtoto slanceto spored FE-tata e goliama krushka obikaliashta kragovo okolo picovidnata (ot "pizza") zemia. Pishe go vav FAQ-a :mrgreen:
f you can't make it, fake it.

beast

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 08:05:35 AM »
I understood three words in that, although too were acronyms.  Huzzah.  I learnt a new language.  :D

Duke

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 08:31:03 AM »
I understood three words in that, although too were acronyms.  Huzzah.  I learnt a new language.  :D

That's the spirit!  :D

skeptical scientist

• -2 Flamebait
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 08:36:11 AM »
Quote from: "Masterchief2219"
How is that possible if the sun appears to follow a straight path?

I don't know where you live, but where I live the sun appears to follow a curved path.
-David
E pur si muove!

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 10:35:51 AM »

So why is the sun still pointing at this place when this so called spotlight should be shining somewhere thousands of miles down?

I know why.  Maybe because it's round, and millions of times larger than the Earth, and how the Earth orbits around it.

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 10:42:21 AM »
Quote from: "Duke"

Zashtoto slanceto spored FE-tata e goliama krushka obikaliashta kragovo okolo picovidnata (ot "pizza") zemia. Pishe go vav FAQ-a :mrgreen:

hahahaha kolega :)

Abe tiq hora sa bili mnogo zle, ama mnogo mnogo tupi hora. Ne na posledno mqsto iskam da kaja che FEtata sa idioti. Da, FEtata sa idioti, idioti, ama nai-golemite idioti, koito sum vijdal nqkoga sus vrodena mozuchna anencefaliq.

I ti li si za zabavlenie tuk.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 10:49:27 AM »
Is that some kind of African language? It looks like it, especially considering I see absolutely no cognitives to modern romance or Anglo-based languages.

~D-Draw

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 10:52:11 AM »
Quote from: "DiegoDraw"
Is that some kind of African language? It looks like it, especially considering I see absolutely no cognitives to modern romance or Anglo-based languages.

~D-Draw

What the fuck I see here? Racism?

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 10:58:09 AM »
Racism?

Looked more like a question to me...

But don't take my word for it. I get racism and questions mixed up all the time. Can't remember which is which. :roll:

Duke

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 11:52:57 AM »

Epaa.... Kakvo drugo moje da pravish v sait kato tozi  :lol: Teia FE-ta napravo rulirat. Samo kato im cheta postingite i se chudia kakav bolen mozak triabva da si. Phahahaha :lol:

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2006, 12:10:21 PM »
Quote from: "Duke"

Epaa.... Kakvo drugo moje da pravish v sait kato tozi  :lol: Teia FE-ta napravo rulirat. Samo kato im cheta postingite i se chudia kakav bolen mozak triabva da si. Phahahaha :lol:

moje bi prosto im lipsva prostranstveno mislene.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2006, 12:22:57 PM »

Yes.  Bulgaria is in Africa.  So are Japan and India.

*edit* wait a sec, you don't think "idioti" is a cognate with words in any Anglo-based language?
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

skeptical scientist

• -2 Flamebait
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2006, 12:34:15 PM »

~D-Draw

"Da, FEtata sa idioti."
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this means, "Yes, FEers are idiots." Looks like not only are there cognates, but similar grammatical structure.
-David
E pur si muove!

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2006, 12:59:13 PM »
Quote from: "skeptical scientist"

~D-Draw

"Da, FEtata sa idioti."
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this means, "Yes, FEers are idiots." Looks like not only are there cognates, but similar grammatical structure.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. You translated it right  :lol:

Duke

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2006, 12:36:29 PM »
Quote from: "Erasmus"

Yes.  Bulgaria is in Africa.  So are Japan and India.

*edit* wait a sec, you don't think "idioti" is a cognate with words in any Anglo-based language?

Just in case you can't find a map.