One of the best proofs for flat earth is unfortunately

• 48 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Re: One of the best proofs for flat earth is unfortunately
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 01:44:26 PM »
I have always been quite clear about my beliefs concerning this reality. You should really consider opening your mind beyond the false dilemna fallacy.

How do you know that Mikeman isn't part of the program to awaken you to the reality of the world?     Or is this a red pill/blue pill thing?
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 02:00:22 PM »
I have read in another book that Conspiracy Theories are developed by persons who simply can't accept the simple fact that things happen the way that they really do. That seems to be the thing about the flat earthers.

Things such as the distance to the horizon, the distance to the moon and the size of the moon are just a few subjects that are not the result of "indoctrination" but observations that have been confirmed by experimentation by various groups and prove that the earth is not flat and the distances and sizes conform to known facts.

I would just guess that any person who has been on this website/forum for very long finds it extremely difficult to take much, if anything, seriously from the flat earthers.

So-called "Round Earthers" don't "believe" that the earth is round. They just "know" that it is round from facts, evidence and personal observations.

The only thing that the so-called "Flat Earthers" have to go on simply seems to be the old "If I look out my window it looks flat." Other than that there is absolutely no fact nor is there any evidence that the earth is flat.

Which begs the question: why are you still here? Why continue to waste your time on this site? Here are the options as I see them:

1. I learn lots from other round earthers (This reply is the standard and pathetic one.)
2. I am a troll.
3. I am stuck here and don't know why.
4. I am a shill and get paid to disrupt discussions.
5. Secretly, I have my doubts about the model I pretend to defend.
6. I'm just here for fun!!! Yay! I'm a fun guy!
7. I am a spambot. I was programmed to write what I wrote.

Care to pick one, or are you different googleotomy?

Edit: option 7 added for googleotomy's benefit.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 02:13:34 PM by legion »
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2015, 02:12:14 PM »
Touche, googleotomy. I see you are nothing more than a spambot, seeing as you posted exactly the same reply to mikeboys Q&A thread as what I replied to in this thread. In honour of you, I will add an option to my previous reply.

"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2015, 02:17:08 PM »
Touche, googleotomy. I see you are nothing more than a spambot, seeing as you posted exactly the same reply to mikeboys Q&A thread as what I replied to in this thread. In honour of you, I will add an option to my previous reply.
HAHAHAHA

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2015, 02:43:22 PM »
HAHAHAHA

Good thread buddy. Hope you don't mind my turning up the heat on the others. You know who I mean; the trolls, the hobbyists (?!), the spambots, and the confused.

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2015, 02:50:01 PM »
HAHAHAHA

Good thread buddy. Hope you don't mind my turning up the heat on the others. You know who I mean; the trolls, the hobbyists (?!), the spambots, and the confused.
Carry on.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2015, 02:59:37 PM »
I have read in another book that Conspiracy Theories are developed by persons who simply can't accept the simple fact that things happen the way that they really do. That seems to be the thing about the flat earthers.

Things such as the distance to the horizon, the distance to the moon and the size of the moon are just a few subjects that are not the result of "indoctrination" but observations that have been confirmed by experimentation by various groups and prove that the earth is not flat and the distances and sizes conform to known facts.

I would just guess that any person who has been on this website/forum for very long finds it extremely difficult to take much, if anything, seriously from the flat earthers.

So-called "Round Earthers" don't "believe" that the earth is round. They just "know" that it is round from facts, evidence and personal observations.

The only thing that the so-called "Flat Earthers" have to go on simply seems to be the old "If I look out my window it looks flat." Other than that there is absolutely no fact nor is there any evidence that the earth is flat.

Which begs the question: why are you still here? Why continue to waste your time on this site? Here are the options as I see them:

1. I learn lots from other round earthers (This reply is the standard and pathetic one.)
2. I am a troll.

#1 and #6- Some of us are just here for the entertainment. (See my signature line. Also for the round earth education of course.) Most of the time the flat earth posts are  "It's so stupid it's funny." But it oftentimes it's so stupid it might not be so funny to some people.

I don't  think there are really many persons  on this website who even "believe in a flat earth". I still think it's just a game that most of the "I'm going to pretend that I'm a flat earther" gang like to play for some unknown reason. LOL.

Some times I do ask myself why I waste my time on this website. I am really also working on some other stuff that takes up more time.

There is a line in an old movie:
One character asks :"Oh why was I ever born ?"
The other character replies.:"This is no time for riddles ."

So....."Why do I waste my time on this website ?....."This is no time for riddles !"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 03:10:52 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2015, 03:07:32 PM »

2. I am a troll.

#6- Some of us are just here for the entertainment. Most of the time "It's so stupid it's funny." But it oftentimes it's so stupid it might not be so funny to some people.

I don't there are really many persons  on this website who even "believe in a flat earth". I still think it's just a game that most of the "I'm going to pretend that I'm a flat earther" gang like to play for some unknown reason. LOL.

Nice try, but you have already been identified as a spambot. Are you also programmed to make automated phone calls? I'm not sure how much AI you have been given (pretty limited I imagine), but can you let the progammers know a sultry female voice would keep me listening for longer. I'm not promising a sale but it would stop me from hanging up immediately.

Thanks.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »
I have always been quite clear about my beliefs concerning this reality. You should really consider opening your mind beyond the false dilemna fallacy.

Actually you have been very unclear about your beliefs, because I still don't know what they are even after asking you.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2015, 03:22:02 PM »

2. I am a troll.

#6- Some of us are just here for the entertainment. Most of the time "It's so stupid it's funny." But it oftentimes it's so stupid it might not be so funny to some people.

I don't there are really many persons  on this website who even "believe in a flat earth". I still think it's just a game that most of the "I'm going to pretend that I'm a flat earther" gang like to play for some unknown reason. LOL.

Nice try, but you have already been identified as a spambot. Are you also programmed to make automated phone calls? I'm not sure how much AI you have been given (pretty limited I imagine), but can you let the progammers know a sultry female voice would keep me listening for longer. I'm not promising a sale but it would stop me from hanging up immediately.

Thanks.

As for the automated phone calls. That is one my greatest nuisances. I usually just look at the "Caller ID " and let them time out and don't even pick up the phone to hang up.

Well, if you can truly say that you "know" the earth is flat (Not just "believe") that is your problem. But have no fears. Those of us who work in the real world will just keep things going (such as the Internet and this forum) just as they have been going on in the real world for ages-on the globe that it is, that is .
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 03:26:15 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2015, 06:49:07 PM »

2. I am a troll.

I'm here because it never gets old pointing out the glaring flaws in anything any FEFer says. Yes that includes you.

?

antonindvorak

• All are bound to the laws of logic.
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »
These people make so much suspicion, even one who would claim to be in space was probably much more open mind than this people.

Sorry, but I am open minded. It's not my fault that your arguments are bizarre, illogically fallible, and generally don't fit well with each other.

The fact is, the FES has failed to produce any convincing, or otherwise definitive evidence to support their theory. And what little so called evidence there is cannot compete with the vast amount of proof that the Earth is spherical.

You need to get it out of your heads that you aren't apart of the 0.0001% of non-brainwashed individuals today that have broken free from the system and discovered the "truth."
The devolution of man's intelligence is proof that we are not evolving.

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2015, 12:19:03 PM »
These people make so much suspicion, even one who would claim to be in space was probably much more open mind than this people.

Sorry, but I am open minded. It's not my fault that your arguments are bizarre, illogically fallible, and generally don't fit well with each other.

The fact is, the FES has failed to produce any convincing, or otherwise definitive evidence to support their theory. And what little so called evidence there is cannot compete with the vast amount of proof that the Earth is spherical.

You need to get it out of your heads that you aren't apart of the 0.0001% of non-brainwashed individuals today that have broken free from the system and discovered the "truth."
120000 feet non-curvature or almost non-curvature(due to camera) is not enough to think about flat earth ?

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2015, 12:45:06 PM »
its human nature to find like minded individuals. I don't understand why anyone would come on a forum opposed to them and consistently insult or try to correct them. Asking honest questions and getting an honest answer and saying thank you is one. To continue to ask the same questions and ignore the response and then insult those giving their time and energy sounds like a coordinated effort to see exactly how much we do know and understand and try to derail anyone of the fence.

I do thank you though. While I feel I waste my time responding, I can be assured that someone who was questioning has more answers, and it encourages me to do better research. In fact, it only helps convince me more that we have a journey together in this world cup, and in the end we will laugh and be better sports about it.

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2015, 01:02:10 PM »
reply to anton...
FE'ers are actually in the majority - along with the word of the Bible, Koran, Hindu, Chinese, Aborigine, Native American, etc. etc. Modern science is a control freak ruled by the elites. It is a brainwashed, materialistic teenager insulting his parents and ancestors. He'll wake up to reality the hard way, but eventually he will have to accept what has been known since the dawn of creation. You are not an accident. You live in a world designed for you, so you can grow and learn truth. Your fellow man, past and present are a part of you, not against you. good luck in your journey.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2015, 01:16:59 PM »
reply to anton...
FE'ers are actually in the majority - along with the word of the Bible, Koran, Hindu, Chinese, Aborigine, Native American, etc. etc. Modern science is a control freak ruled by the elites. It is a brainwashed, materialistic teenager insulting his parents and ancestors. He'll wake up to reality the hard way, but eventually he will have to accept what has been known since the dawn of creation. You are not an accident. You live in a world designed for you, so you can grow and learn truth. Your fellow man, past and present are a part of you, not against you. good luck in your journey.

Wise words, shilohbirch. No disagreement here.

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2015, 01:21:30 PM »
reply to anton...

Wise words, shilohbirch. No disagreement here.
I don't believe in the antiquity of the bible,quran  hindu and chinese but i believe from the dawn of humanity people knew there is god and therefore the world is flat.

?

antonindvorak

• All are bound to the laws of logic.
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2015, 01:37:24 PM »
reply to anton...

I don't disagree with most of what you said. I do disagree (as does Dr. Jason Lisle, an astrophysicist who supports creation) with the belief that when the Bible mentions the circle of the Earth it's talking about a flat disc. The Hebrew word for circle can mean "round" or "sphere." I don't believe I'm an accident as it appears you assumed, and I do believe the world was designed.

However, I disagree when you say FE'ers are the majority, and my previous point still stands.
The devolution of man's intelligence is proof that we are not evolving.

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2015, 01:42:25 PM »
reply to anton...

I don't disagree with most of what you said. I do disagree (as does Dr. Jason Lisle, an astrophysicist who supports creation) with the belief that when the Bible mentions the circle of the Earth it's talking about a flat disc. The Hebrew word for circle can mean "round" or "sphere." I don't believe I'm an accident as it appears you assumed, and I do believe the world was designed.

However, I disagree when you say FE'ers are the majority, and my previous point still stands.
If you look in the hebrew word Chug and in dictionary there is nothing which state it as sphere, if the bible wanted to say the earth is sphere he would say Ball - Cador.
But i believe the bible is a hoax from the Renaissance.