Someone should cover a rocket launch

• 16 Replies
Someone should cover a rocket launch
« on: June 25, 2015, 10:20:01 PM »
NASA is taking applications
Have you ever seen a launch in-person? Social media users are invited to apply for credentials to cover the Jason-3 spacecraft launch in Lompoc, California. The Jason missions measure the height of the ocean surface. For more information and to apply, visit: http://go.nasa.gov/1CwDVtV
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Someone should cover a rocket launch
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 03:21:59 AM »
Why don't you apply, then you can tell us how you failed to be picked and are jealous of those that did get picked. This way we can then believe it all and go about our lives, knowing that NASA and all the rest of the alliances are all legitimate.  ;D ;) :P ::) 8)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 05:27:39 AM »
Wouldn't it be better if a non-believer applied, that way if they do get picked then they can go out and show everyone first hand how NASA is faking the launches?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 08:21:26 AM »
Wouldn't it be better if a non-believer applied, that way if they do get picked then they can go out and show everyone first hand how NASA is faking the launches?
I'll apply. I'll let you all know if I get picked. I'll take along my Russian 1980's shoulder video camera and conceal it in the wool of my lumber jacket and get all the footage I need.  :P

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 08:38:33 AM »

Maybe Tom Bishop could apply for the Jason launch. He lives in California, doesn't he? While he's there, he could demand an apology for Dr. von Braun's work.

If JRowe can conveniently get to the southeastern United States, he should apply to witness the test listed below the Jason launch on the same page:

See a Powerful Rocket Engine Test In Person

It's on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, so not nearly as glam as California, but much cheaper to visit, and it's not far from New Orleans, a place that's certainly worth at least a visit in one's lifetime. The nearby beaches are actually pretty nice, too, but the surfing is lousy.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 10:21:53 AM »
I'll apply. I'll let you all know if I get picked. I'll take along my Russian 1980's shoulder video camera and conceal it in the wool of my lumber jacket and get all the footage I need.  :P
That's the spirit,
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 11:25:44 AM »
Why don't you apply, then you can tell us how you failed to be picked and are jealous of those that did get picked. This way we can then believe it all and go about our lives, knowing that NASA and all the rest of the alliances are all legitimate.  ;D ;) :P ::) 8)

You should also bring a telescope so you can track the rocket as it goes to orbit, you can watch it jettison stages and stuff.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 11:31:48 AM »

You should also bring a telescope so you can track the rocket as it goes to orbit, you can watch it jettison stages and stuff.
I'd love to. I've got more chance of seeing the starship enterprise land on a rusty old barge at sea with the emergence of hot lips Hoolahan coming out dancing and shouting, " I shouldn't even be in this ship, I'm part of the M.A.S.H crew."

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 11:33:04 AM »

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

at the end you can see the engines switch off and the rocket probably going where it deserve to the ocean.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 11:48:13 AM »
For anyone to believe  that these rockets go into space after seeing numerous amounts of footage, I think there is some extreme naivety going on. We know there's the guardians but they are few compared to the overall population of countries.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 01:53:21 PM »

at the end you can see the engines switch off and the rocket probably going where it deserve to the ocean.

oh, and I suppose you also think that this airplane is diving down:

Also, a rocket's accent trajectory looks like this:

Which is exactly what we see them doing:

Rockets have to do a gravity turn.  How else do you think they get going 17,000 miles per hour?

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 01:55:25 PM »

oh, and I suppose you also think that this airplane is diving down:

Also, a rocket's accent trajectory looks like this:

Which is exactly what we see them doing:

Rockets have to do a gravity turn.  How else do you think they get going 17,000 miles per hour?
The plane wasn't going down, it's the manipulative picture you take.
Yes the rockets handle the gravity by the moon doesn't

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 02:09:26 PM »
The plane wasn't going down, it's the manipulative picture you take.

The rocket wasn't going down, it's a manipulative point he made in the video.

Yes the rockets handle the gravity by the moon doesn't

Could you rephrase that so it makes sense?

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 10:07:52 PM »

Let's start with that I live in Alaska. And would you believe anything i reported? You realize I'm a big fan of NASA, SpaceX, and especially Samantha Cristoferetti

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 05:08:15 AM »

Let's start with that I live in Alaska. And would you believe anything i reported? You realize I'm a big fan of NASA, SpaceX, and especially Samantha Cristoferetti
I have noticed your frenzy on many occasions. I've noticed how you jump into topics to try your best to make people believe in bullshit. I've seen you put up many topics that you proclaim to have shown how everything's above board.
Yeah, you're right. I trust you about as much as I'd trust a staving pack of Lions not devouring me as they have me trapped in their circle as I'm covered in Sunday roast meat juices.   ;D

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 01:36:55 PM »

I have noticed your frenzy on many occasions. I've noticed how you jump into topics to try your best to make people believe in bullshit. I've seen you put up many topics that you proclaim to have shown how everything's above board.
Yeah, you're right. I trust you about as much as I'd trust a staving pack of Lions not devouring me as they have me trapped in their circle as I'm covered in Sunday roast meat juices.   ;D

You sure about that? My main goal is to try and show people how to figure stuff out. Or show them tools they can use to make a map. Stuff like that. And I f(*#$@ hate threads that are all about "The horizon looks straight / curved"

"try your best to make people believe in bullshit" does not sound like me
"I've seen you put up many topics that you proclaim to have shown how everything's above board." Does not sound like me.

I like putting up topics about NASA and SpaceX's latest endeavors. Do I try to get anyone to believe it? No.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 11:13:16 PM »

Rockets aren't bullshit, considering thousands of normal people have witnessed rockets enter orbit. And we're able to see satellites in orbit. You can literally zoom in on the ISS with a telescope and see it in all its orbiting glory. What's all that 'use your own eyes/observations' FEFers parrot all the time?........................