a video of an amateur; not impressive yet - more to follow

• 18 Replies

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: a video of an amateur; not impressive yet - more to follow
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 11:03:32 AM »
I'm more of a RE cat, personally.

Care to give the actual, measured distance to and from the ship? Otherwise you're just guessing, same as ever.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Excelsior John

• Ranters
  • Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 11:54:39 AM »

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Go ahead RE-dogs; bark!
Greetings and Welcome to FES!

Clasic RE wishful thinking. This "dissapering ship" afect isent caused by some false curvachur of the Earth, it is caused by limitations of human perception. Besides you can recover the botom of the ship by looking thru binoculers!!!!!!!!
This link shuld expand it to you:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Ships+appear+to+sink+as+they+recede+past+the+horizon
Boom.
Quote from: sceptimatic
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?

?

tappet

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 01:34:36 PM »
Well done Tom.
It will be interesting to see the barrage from REers now that don't actually perform experiments and just live in Google world.

Mikey T.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 02:13:29 PM »
Really now, are we going to go back into the BS about normal people not doing experiments... oh wait you call us REs. 
So how far out was that ship?  How far above the water was the cameraman standing?  Lets get those two verified answers first, then we can discuss whether it is an experiment or just another idiot who doesn't understand that you need controls in place and actual parameters stated to be able to use it as an experiment.  Oh wait thats right, parameters and experimental controls are all part of the conspiracy.
Interesting how the ones who do not understand proper experimentation refuse to take others results and then claim those same others do no experiments.
Here ya go some more videos without parameters detailed. 
Yay "experiments",  NO

I guess these two are fake though since they show the ship actually sinking in their zoomed in view. 
DISCLAIMER:   these are not experiments until things can be explained such as verifiable distance to the ship, height above the waterline for the observer, dimensions of the ship, etc.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 06:31:13 PM »
This is how those ships look when they are not partially obscured by the horizon:

Note the thickness of the ship and the red stripe at the bottom.

Now have a look at the boat in the video:

Clearly part of it is obscured by the horizon.

Congrats Tom, you just proved round Earth.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

tappet

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 11:13:55 PM »
Tom will keep looking at these ships at sea and eventually he will see sinking ship is an optical illusion, then given time he will see how the horizon coming up to eye level is what causes it. You RE buffoons looking at pictures on google will just have to stick with your maths for you will never see reality.
 Also on this forum some time back I posted a video of a boat I personally filmed flying above the water, now this is accepted as an illusion, but if the boat is half sunk this cannot be an illusion, bullshit.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:28:32 PM by tappet »

?

tappet

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 11:39:36 PM »
Really now, are we going to go back into the BS about normal people not doing experiments... oh wait you call us REs. 
So how far out was that ship?  How far above the water was the cameraman standing?  Lets get those two verified answers first, then we can discuss whether it is an experiment or just another idiot who doesn't understand that you need controls in place and actual parameters stated to be able to use it as an experiment.  Oh wait thats right, parameters and experimental controls are all part of the conspiracy.
Interesting how the ones who do not understand proper experimentation refuse to take others results and then claim those same others do no experiments.
Here ya go some more videos without parameters detailed. 
Yay "experiments",  NO

I guess these two are fake though since they show the ship actually sinking in their zoomed in view. 
DISCLAIMER:   these are not experiments until things can be explained such as verifiable distance to the ship, height above the waterline for the observer, dimensions of the ship, etc.
Here you go with parameters, well are pictures of sinking ship allowing for different weather conditions, no.
Are sinking ships distance measured from shore each time to see if they are the same, no.
Yeh you got ya maths, well you tell me with your maths what is the minimum distance required to see floating ship/island i.e. fata morgana. Bet you cannot, think you will find its the same distance as sinking ship.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2015, 12:37:44 AM »
Tom will keep looking at these ships at sea and eventually he will see sinking ship is an optical illusion, then given time he will see how the horizon coming up to eye level is what causes it.

If the Earth actually were flat then the horizon would still always be ever so slightly below eye level, as with everything else below you.  Things above you would always be above eye level too.  The crests of the waves will never be above eye level even if the ocean appears to be at almost eye level too.  The only way you can deny this is if you rewrite the most fundamental and obvious laws of geometry.  Objects on a flat Earth would appear to get closer to eye level as they moved away from you, but they would also appear to shrink at the exact same rate.

?

tappet

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 01:00:18 AM »
Tom will keep looking at these ships at sea and eventually he will see sinking ship is an optical illusion, then given time he will see how the horizon coming up to eye level is what causes it.

If the Earth actually were flat then the horizon would still always be ever so slightly below eye level,
Wake up, with your logic the round earth horizon should fall away from your feet, but it does not.
Now you will rattle on that this happens because "its soooo big"
So with your laws of geometry, what is the calculated distance for fata morgana to occur?

Excelsior John

• Ranters
  • Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 08:43:01 AM »
You can do an exparimint on this at your home. Watch this video:
Quote from: sceptimatic
John is not your average bear is he. He's a daddy grizzly that grabs ridicule and intimidation , folds it up, wipes his bum on it and slings it right back, slap , bang into your face and it's frustrating isn't it?

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 09:17:39 AM »

If the Earth actually were flat then the horizon would still always be ever so slightly below eye level,
Wake up, with your logic the round earth horizon should fall away from your feet, but it does not.

Actually, it does.

The large size of the Earth makes the effect small and hard to notice when you're near the surface. It's still there, though. From 2 meters above the surface, the horizon is roughly 1/20° below level. That's hard to notice. It can be measured with good instruments, though.

So with your laws of geometry, what is the calculated distance for fata morgana to occur?

Not enough information. It depends on atmospheric conditions.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 09:29:43 AM »
The best explanation even better than round earth to sinking ship or sinking horizon is probably a optical illusion that just like uplifting ships it make them look sunk.
Why is that ? because to things:
1)if you fly high you would see that it not a curvature but a flat earth.
2)the sinking appearance is weird very weird it look like a big drop very close to the object.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 05:33:15 PM »

I have done many calculations relating to a round Earth horizon and all of them match what we see.  The horizon does in fact curve away from us which is why the boats disappear as they get further away, and if you know basic trigonometry you could calculate this for yourself.

You can do an exparimint on this at your home. Watch this video:

The table in that video is simply out of focus, there are even brief parts of the video where the table is in focus and it's not all blurry like that.  It's also worth noting that ships disappear below the horizon at night too.

?

Tom Last

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2015, 04:00:53 AM »
This is how those ships look when they are not partially obscured by the horizon:

Many more videos for you to refute, see here

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63995.msg1700601#msg1700601

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 09:59:07 PM »

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63995.msg1700601#msg1700601

I will do that when I have nothing better to do.

?

tappet

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 10:17:58 PM »

From the amount of time you spend on a forum you don't believe in I would say your on to it.

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 10:22:35 PM »

From the amount of time you spend on a forum you don't believe in I would say your on to it.

Well we are in Flat Earth debate after all. Funny how you all seem to dislike opposing point of views.

Maybe you should look at your own profile stats and compare them to Mike's. Not too far off.
To a flat earth theorist, being a "skeptic" is to have confirmation bias.
Just because I'm a genius doesn't mean I know everything.

?

tappet

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 10:46:29 PM »

Well we are in Flat Earth debate after all. Funny how you all seem to dislike opposing point of views.

Maybe you should look at your own profile stats and compare them to Mike's. Not too far off.
But I have nothing better to do.