Time zones show round earth theory doesn't work

• 42 Replies
?

Itchy_Arris

• Infinite Earth Movement Leader
Time zones show round earth theory doesn't work
« on: June 17, 2015, 01:17:11 PM »
Locations due west are behind in time, locations in the east are ahead in time. For example, east coast USA is 5 hours behind me (British Summer Time) and Delhi is 4.5 hours ahead.

But here's where it breaks down. If I travel west to the USA, then keep going west, local time should get further and further behind BST. But what if I keep going west until I reach India? I should be a long way behind BST as I've been travelling west all the way. But India is actually ahead of BST! It doesn't work

Round earth theory busted, yet again!  :D :D :o :o  :D :D
What goes up, must come down.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Time zones show round earth theory doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 01:22:17 PM »
OMG, Itchy has figured out the secret of time travel!! :o  Have you met John Titor yet?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Yendor

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 01:31:26 PM »
Locations due west are behind in time, locations in the east are ahead in time. For example, east coast USA is 5 hours behind me (British Summer Time) and Delhi is 4.5 hours ahead.

But here's where it breaks down. If I travel west to the USA, then keep going west, local time should get further and further behind BST. But what if I keep going west until I reach India? I should be a long way behind BST as I've been travelling west all the way. But India is actually ahead of BST! It doesn't work

Mr. Arris,
If what you say is true, then good observation. What made you look into this anyway? Also, is British Summer Time the same as our Daylight Savings Time?
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 01:36:46 PM »

Mr. Arris,
If what you say is true, then good observation. What made you look into this anyway? Also, is British Summer Time the same as our Daylight Savings Time?

Yes, it's the same thing. Clocks go forward an hour from Grenwich mean time during summer.

I found this out as I am always thinking and researching.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 01:51:30 PM »
You've discovered the International Date Line. Congratulations.

Out of interest, why does that 'problem' not apply on a flat Earth?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 02:02:18 PM »
You've discovered the International Date Line. Congratulations.

Out of interest, why does that 'problem' not apply on a flat Earth?

Well duh, obviously I knew that, but that is just a "magic" line to hide the fact that the earth is flat, and what you have actually done is travelled from one side to the other.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 02:05:41 PM »
Well duh, obviously I knew that, but that is just a "magic" line to hide the fact that the earth is flat, and what you have actually done is travelled from one side to the other.

It's not magic. Time zones are human construction, of course they need a little tweaking to work perfectly. If you're going to subtract a certain amount of hours if you head around the world one way, you need a lien to skip a day ahead or nothing would work: round or flat.

So, you're a dual Earther now?
I ask again, how specifically do you ignore this 'problem'?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 02:30:08 PM »

It's not magic. Time zones are human construction, of course they need a little tweaking to work perfectly. If you're going to subtract a certain amount of hours if you head around the world one way, you need a lien to skip a day ahead or nothing would work: round or flat.

Just out of curiosity.
A question for Itchy Arris.

Do you have a theory for the International Date Line on a flat earth ?
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 02:41:25 PM »

Just out of curiosity.

No need for artificial lines to make things work on a flat earth.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 02:54:05 PM »

Just out of curiosity.

So if I keep going west on a flat earth, how do I get to India that is ahead of my starting time?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 03:27:52 PM »
The time we see on a clock is a human construct, it can't be used to arrive at objective truth. The time all around the world is the same value, and is constant. Humans simply have defined it to be different at different points, to make the most of daylight. It's a system that will only last a couple of decades more.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 03:52:58 PM »
Itchy, you forgot about the international date line where the date is different on either side if it.  This is to combat what you are talking about.  By the way, why would you need this on a flat Earth?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 04:03:31 PM »
We learned about the International Date Line, and why it was necessary, in grade school. Kids these days! Didn't they teach you anything useful? ::)
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 04:29:58 PM »
I have a friend who lives in New Zealand (and I live in the United States) who is almost always a day ahead of me, depending on the time of day.

?

homo superior

• make way
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 04:40:31 PM »
I have a friend who lives in New Zealand (and I live in the United States) who is almost always a day ahead of me, depending on the time of day.

That doesn't make any sense.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 04:55:30 PM »

Does to me.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 04:57:38 PM »

Just out of curiosity.

Ha ha...   not only complete failure to understand,  but  so stupid it hurts to try and think at that level.     So on the flat earth it's always groundhog day?

?

homo superior

• make way
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 04:57:57 PM »

Does to me.

The time difference would be the same regardless of time of day.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 05:20:43 PM »

Does to me.

The time difference would be the same regardless of time of day.

Currently it is 10:20 AM on Thursday June 18th.   In Melbourne Australia,   what time is it where you are?

?

homo superior

• make way
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »
It's 8:23pm. In an hour, it will be 9:23pm for me and 11:23am for you.

Why do you ask?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 05:35:45 PM »
It's 8:23pm. In an hour, it will be 9:23pm for me and 11:23am for you.

Why do you ask?

So at the moment I am a day ahead,  but  in  3 1/2 hours time we will both be on the same day,   just as Mikeman said.  It depends on the time of day.

?

homo superior

• make way
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 05:39:39 PM »
You're not truly a day ahead though, which is what mike's sentence suggested. The time difference does not change depending on the time of day, and you're still not a day ahead... that would require a full 24hr difference.

Basically, you're incorrect.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2015, 05:45:42 PM »
You're not truly a day ahead though, which is what mike's sentence suggested. The time difference does not change depending on the time of day, and you're still not a day ahead... that would require a full 24hr difference.

Of course,  the time difference remains the same,   it's  just a matter of  understanding what Mikeman was saying  when he used the phrase "a day ahead, depending on the time of day"  and that's open to interpretation,  the fact that I could make sense of it and you couldn't doesn't make me incorrect,  it just means you didn't think it through.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 05:48:03 PM »
If you actually understood what mike said, then you would realise he was talking about what day it is.  So, today, for me is Wednesday, but for Rayzor, it is Thursday.  And in about 4 1/2 hours, we will both be on Thursday.  So therefore, Rayzor is a day ahead of me.
Basically, you're pedantic.

?

homo superior

• make way
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 05:50:04 PM »
I'm not the one who wrote the sentence poorly, so excuse me for trying to correct a factual inaccuracy.

You guys do know how long a day is, right?  ::)

?

BJ1234

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 06:01:16 PM »
I'm not the one who wrote the sentence poorly, so excuse me for trying to correct a factual inaccuracy.

You guys do know how long a day is, right?  ::)
You do realise that the word day has multiple uses right? ::)

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2015, 07:18:09 PM »

And if you do it fast enough , you can go back in time, undo an earthquake and save Lois lane.
Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 07:30:57 PM »
Sense my post seemed to not make sense to a lot of posters, I will elaborate.  There are a few hours a day where it's the same day for me and my friend, and most of the time he is a day ahead of me.

In the following animation, the red line represents the international date line and the color of the ring around the Earth represents what day it is in the area beneath it:

My friend and I both live rather close to the line but on different sides of it.  This is how he is almost always a day ahead of me, but it's the same day for both of us for a few hours a day.

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2015, 12:52:07 PM »

Just out of curiosity.

Where's your evidence/proof?

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2015, 12:58:59 PM »
Sense my post seemed to not make sense to a lot of posters, I will elaborate.  There are a few hours a day where it's the same day for me and my friend, and most of the time he is a day ahead of me.

In the following animation, the red line represents the international date line and the color of the ring around the Earth represents what day it is in the area beneath it:

My friend and I both live rather close to the line but on different sides of it.  This is how he is almost always a day ahead of me, but it's the same day for both of us for a few hours a day.

FFS

SINCE NOT SENSE!!