The Bible Seems To Read The Earth Is Flat And Stationary

• 108 Replies
Re: The Bible Seems To Read The Earth Is Flat And Stationary
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2015, 06:07:03 AM »
I disagree, MODESTMAN. I think G-d and Round Earth go together quite nicely. Although the Ancient Hebrews did have an FE worldview, the Bible itself has been, and often is, interpreted in a RE way. I personally do not use it to interpret RE or FE issues at all. The Bible is not, and never has been, a science text, and it should not be, and never should have been, treated as a science book in the classrooms of our nations.

The Bible teaches many great truths. It does so though history, stories, poetry, personal commentary, allegory, myth, legend, and much else. To treat it as a science book is to utterly and completely miss the point. It is absurd.

You know your shit. I'm impressed. I am ben Avraham, not because I am a convert, but because my father's Hebrew name happens to be Avraham. Go figure. My mother is Jewish. Again, not that it mattered in either case. Neither was Observant. Of course I keep the Mitzvot. Or, well, I keep them to the best ability that any Jew might.Obviously, there is nothing like perfect keeping of the Mitzvot, but that is not what G-d requires. Paul was the one who came up with that shit. In fact, Jeremiah made clear that what G-d wanted more than anything was a contrite heart. The Later Prophets and the Psalms make clear that G-d doesn't expect perfect obedience, although, that is what we should strive for. What he wants is the striving, and a contrite heart. All this crap about needing the blood of his son BS to save us from our sins is Pauline silliness.

All right. It is of course not of my business what you do or don't do.

Animal sacrifices is silly as well. The whole thing is. The killing of men, women and children, the Israelites had to do commissioned by Hashem. The Chosen People, the blood covenant, the killing of Israelites who didn't exactly do what Hashem (through Moses) told them to do.

It is probably difficult for you see what an awful fascist god is. I hope it is not true (well, I know it for sure) and hope there won't be a third temple. Life will be awful.

Besides, there is no evidence for the existence of Avraham, Jaakov and his 12 sons, nor David or Solomon, whatsoever.

I can't believe that people fall for this kind of shit. All right, I did it too (that's what parents and other people teach you to do, you know) until I really did some proper research.

Actually, they have just found what appears to be David's Palace in Jerusalem. I am not too worried about them eventually finding proof of the rest of it. And yes, one day, there WILL be a Third Temple, and the Fire Offerings of Israel will be renewed, (G-d willing).

Likewise, it is not my business what you do. But I choose to disagree whole-heartedly with your point of view.
explain to me why god has to create a complicate world in a shape doesn't good for his livings and for them to keep on ground he created a magical force like gravity just to cover up his idiotic creation of round earth ? the most ideal shape is flat, and god would create an elegant world that everything is simple and beautiful and doesn't require cover ups.
I know some orthodox jews and you don't sound like one of them.

?

Tom

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2015, 06:07:50 AM »
I disagree, MODESTMAN. I think G-d and Round Earth go together quite nicely. Although the Ancient Hebrews did have an FE worldview, the Bible itself has been, and often is, interpreted in a RE way. I personally do not use it to interpret RE or FE issues at all. The Bible is not, and never has been, a science text, and it should not be, and never have should have been, treated as a science book in the classrooms of our nations.

The Bible teaches many great truths. It does so though history, stories, poetry, personal commentary, allegory, myth, legend, and much else. To treat it as a science book is to utterly and completely miss the point. It is absurd.

You know your shit. I'm impressed. I am ben Avraham, not because I am a convert, but because my father's Hebrew name happens to be Avraham. Go figure. My mother is Jewish. Again, not that it mattered in either case. Neither was Observant. Of course I keep the Mitzvot. Or, well, I keep them to the best ability that any Jew might.Obviously, there is nothing like perfect keeping of the Mitzvot, but that is not what G-d requires. Paul was the one who came up with that shit. In fact, Jeremiah made clear that what G-d wanted more than anything was a contrite heart. The Later Prophets and the Psalms make clear that G-d doesn't expect perfect obedience, although, that is what we should strive for. What he wants is the striving, and a contrite heart. All this crap about needing the blood of his son BS to save us from our sins is Pauline silliness.

Animal sacrifices is silly as well. The whole thing is. The killing of men, women and children, the Israelites had to do commissioned by Hashem. The Chosen People, the blood covenant, the killing of Israelites who didn't exactly do what Hashem (through Moses) told them to do.

It is probably difficult for you see what an awful fascist god is. I hope it is not true (well, I know it for sure) and hope there won't be a third temple. Life will be awful.

Besides, there is no evidence for the existence of Avraham, Jaakov and his 12 sons, nor David or Solomon, whatsoever.

I can't believe that people fall for this kind of shit. All right, I did it too (that's what parents and other people teach you to do, you know) until I really did some proper research.

Actually, they have just found what appears to be David's Palace in Jerusalem. I am not too worried about them eventually finding proof of the rest of it. And yes, one day, there WILL be a Third Temple, and the Fire Offerings of Israel will be renewed, (G-d willing).

Likewise, it is not my business what you do. But I choose to disagree whole-heartedly with your point of view.

It is not really a point of view.

There is no proof whatsoever. Maybe a few Hebrew (Phoenician) letters found on a stone. That's it.

There will be many casualties.
I have been to Yerushalayim (have you?). Most people are just nice, don't want to hurt other people because they don't share the same roots/religion.
It's the leaders of the world (behind the scene) who are using fanatics to do their bidding. It's a divide and conquer thing. Ordo ab chao.
Too bad you are falling for this kind of a shit.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 06:09:27 AM by Tom »

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2015, 06:10:06 AM »
I disagree, MODESTMAN. I think G-d and Round Earth go together quite nicely. Although the Ancient Hebrews did have an FE worldview, the Bible itself has been, and often is, interpreted in a RE way. I personally do not use it to interpret RE or FE issues at all. The Bible is not, and never has been, a science text, and it should not be, and never have should have been, treated as a science book in the classrooms of our nations.

It is not really a point of view.

There is no proof whatsoever. Maybe a few Hebrew (Phoenician) letters found on a stone. That's it.

There will be many casualties.
I have been to Yerushalayim (have you?). Most people are just nice, don't want to hurt other people because they don't share the same roots/religion.
It's the leaders of the world (behind the scene) who are using fanatics to do their bidding. It's a divide and conquer thing. Ordo ab chao.
Too bad you are falling for this kind of a shit.
True.

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2015, 06:19:37 AM »
MODEST MAN, every Orthodox Jew I know believes in Round Earth. Even the Hasidic ones, and I knew couple, albeit not many. In fact I have never met a FE Jew of any stream of Judaism.

TOM, I haven't been to Israel yet. Perhaps one day. My personal situation is, well, unique. I am Orthodox in my beliefs, but somewhat less than Orthodox in some of my practices. This has constituted a bit of a problem in my life. I don't wish to go into a lot of detail, but suffice it to say that, due to my earlier experience with Christianity, I nearly became a Monk and Priest of the Church of England before I returned to the Faith of my Fathers. Remember, my family is ethnically Jewish, but completely non-Observant. I mean, TOTALLY. And by the time I left the monastery and fell in love, it happened to be with a Goy. So now I am in the extremely awkward state of being a Jew with Orthodox beliefs, married to a Lutheran in a Lutheran Church ceremony. The only reason the Jewish community in my city didn't exile me is probably due to it being so damned small (about 170) they can't afford to be picky, and I am one of the most active in the community.

Add to that the fact that the Orthodox, Conservative, and even Reform are all kissing cousins around here. The Conservative and Reform go to the same Shul, and the Orthodox have their own, but they often end up at the Liberal Shul, because their numbers are so small. So we all end up a mess. Well, welcome to the Midwest.

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2015, 06:40:45 AM »
MODEST MAN, every Orthodox Jew I know believes in Round Earth. Even the Hasidic ones, and I knew couple, albeit not many. In fact I have never met a FE Jew of any stream of Judaism.

TOM, I haven't been to Israel yet. Perhaps one day. My personal situation is, well, unique. I am Orthodox in my beliefs, but somewhat less than Orthodox in some of my practices. This has constituted a bit of a problem in my life. I don't wish to go into a lot of detail, but suffice it to say that, due to my earlier experience with Christianity, I nearly became a Monk and Priest of the Church of England before I returned to the Faith of my Fathers. Remember, my family is ethnically Jewish, but completely non-Observant. I mean, TOTALLY. And by the time I left the monastery and fell in love, it happened to be with a Goy. So now I am in the extremely awkward state of being a Jew with Orthodox beliefs, married to a Lutheran in a Lutheran Church ceremony. The only reason the Jewish community in my city didn't exile me is probably due to it being so damned small (about 170) they can't afford to be picky, and I am one of the most active in the community.

Add to that the fact that the Orthodox, Conservative, and even Reform are all kissing cousins around here. The Conservative and Reform go to the same Shul, and the Orthodox have their own, but they often end up at the Liberal Shul, because their numbers are so small. So we all end up a mess. Well, welcome to the Midwest.
Yaakov - you are right, I don't know any jew orthodox or non-orthodox believe in round earth - that's mean nothing.
The orthodox people are shallow like a kid pool, they deal with their neighborhood gossip, their child education and the customs of Judaism including going to synagogue praying at morning, they have nothing to do with god they are so far from god it amazing they say:Praise god praise god , but only from their hypocrisy they have nothing to do with god, I know some secular people much more attached to spiritual god than them they have nothing to do with god.
their customs are dumb as hell, they are wash their ends in morning but do not interest why they do it, they go to synagogue because they neighbor watch out, they marry in matchmaking because they are told to.
This orthodox people that think earth is round probably don't deals with earth nor with god.

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2015, 06:41:44 AM »
They are committed to Judaism not to god in any way.

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2015, 06:46:38 AM »
MODEST, you will find people in EVERY religion like that. Its not just Orthodox Jews. I have known many godly Orthodox. And I have known my share of assholes. The same is true in the Church of England, or any other religious community with which I have interacted, and I have known everybody from the lowest parish priest on up to the Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church of the USA. In other words, my friend, religious communities are made of HUMAN BEINGS! And humans can be wonderful, beautiful creatures, or they can be rat bastards. I have met my share of both.

?

Tom

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2015, 06:58:37 AM »

I understand. It is difficult to leave a religion (they are all sects), but your situation is even more difficult. If you have children, it will be worse. On the other hand it's a chance to get out  ;)

Nevertheless, the whole thing about religion is that it divides and separates people. There is no unity or harmony. It provokes conflict.
There must be something wrong with it.

The Life energy is not divided. We illusionary separated ourselves from Life.

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2015, 06:59:47 AM »

I understand. It is difficult to leave a religion (they are all sects), but your situation is even more difficult. If you have children, it will be worse. On the other hand it's a chance to get out  ;)

Nevertheless, the whole thing about religion is that it divides and separates people. There is no unity or harmony. It provokes conflict.

Do you think life energy will lead us to flat earth and other truths ?

?

Tom

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2015, 07:09:48 AM »

Do you think life energy will lead us to flat earth and other truths ?

All illusions have to go.

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2015, 04:09:33 PM »
Yaakov ben Avraham, you know the third temple will be the place the Antichrist or the Beast, as prophesied in the New Testament, will sit and call himself God?

You need to turn to the real Messiah, Jesus Christ. He fulfilled Isaiah Ch. 53.

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2015, 05:34:55 PM »

There is plenty of evidence:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burial_places_of_biblical_figures

And you "Sons of Abraham" are no different than you are today than you were in Jesus' day.

In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah:

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
    make straight paths for him.’”

John’s clothes were made of camel’s hair, and he had a leather belt around his waist. His food was locusts and wild honey. People went out to him from Jerusalem and all Judea and the whole region of the Jordan. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Matthew 3
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2015, 05:55:45 PM »
Except the fact that Isaiah 53 refers to the People and Nation of Israel. Jesus is not likely to have ever actually existed in real life.

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2015, 06:14:17 PM »
Dispute Over Whose Children Jesus’ Opponents Are

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.”

Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would do what Abraham did. As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. You are doing the works of your own father.

“We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”
John 8:31-47
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2015, 06:31:33 PM »
*QUOTING FROM THE MOST SELF-HATING JEW IN THE ENTIRE "NEW TESTAMENT", A TEXT WHICH IS WRITTEN ENTIRELY BY SELF-HATING JEWS.*

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2015, 08:22:27 PM »
That will be quite enough berating of other members' religious beliefs and proselytizing. Feel free to discuss doctrinal differences politely in the Religion/Philosophy subforum.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »
Fair enough. I actually forgot that we weren't in that Forum! Sorry, Ski!

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2015, 10:36:20 AM »
Jews, Christians, Muslims, etc change their views depending on what science/astronomy is popular at point in time. When the earth was believed to be flat, that's what the teachers taught. Now that it's believed to be round, that's what the teachers teach today. If in 1000 years 99% of population believes very strongly in the hollow earth, then the religious guru's will feel pressure to say so too because if they do not, then they won't earn their donations.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:26:56 AM by neutral22 »

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2015, 11:39:01 AM »
iWitness, you mean the guy that probably never existed historically?
Moses?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2015, 12:03:15 PM »
Jews, Christians, Muslims, etc change their views depending on what science/astronomy is popular at point in time. When the earth was believed to be flat, that's what the teachers taught. Now that it's believed to be round, that's what the teachers teach today. If in 1000 years 99% of population believes very strongly in the hollow earth, then the religious guru's will feel pressure to say so too because if they do not, then they won't earn their donations.
Wow  - round earther says something actually correct.
I tell you something if jews and muslims and Christian were truly attached to god they were asking themselves about flat earth. because I am attached to the creator and because I see immoral people I became asking about flat earth.

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2015, 03:06:52 PM »
iWitness, you mean the guy that probably never existed historically?
Moses?

JIMMY, I have a snappy response to that, namely, that Moses at least wrote stuff, unlike Jesus, who did not. But I think we ought to carry this debate to the Sub-Forum designed for it. The Censors have already requested we do so. I don't think we should test their patience much further.

« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2016, 05:05:52 AM »
Ok so I'm looking for verses from the bible that actually use the word stationary for the world/earth.....anyone?

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2016, 12:26:44 PM »
Yes the Bible is written by ancient Hebrews and reflects the ancient Hebrew conception of the universe. However it should be noted that these texts were written by people who thought they knew something about spirituality not science.

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2016, 01:07:46 PM »
This video debunks the verses that claims the earth is flat. Nowhere in the Bible does it indicates that its flat.

The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2016, 01:21:40 PM »
RLW777 is correct. As a descendant OF those ancient people, I can assure you that at that time, we DID think the world was flat. But the Jewish Bible is NOT a science text book, and should not be treated as such. We, and any sensible person, clearly know better now, and have for about 2500 years.

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2016, 02:33:16 PM »
3 replies and no one answered me..... I didn't ask about it saying it's flat. Just looking for the word " stationary "

« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2016, 04:31:58 PM »
This video debunks the verses that claims the earth is flat. Nowhere in the Bible does it indicates that its flat.

Just look up 'Biblical Cosmology' it's very well known and not at all controversial that this was the Hebrew conception of the universe and is reflected in the biblical texts. You would have a very hard time finding any legitimate theologian Protestant or Catholic that would argue otherwise.

To answer Gizmo I would assume that they thought the earth was stationary.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2016, 05:03:34 PM »
It probably boils down to the old "It looks flat to me and I don't feel like I'm moving" was the extent of their knowledge at the time.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

Woody

« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2016, 04:15:30 AM »
I am not sure how someone could conclude the Earth is flat from the Bible.  Everything relating to it seems rather ambiguous to me.  I have only read English translations so that could be the reason.

A couple of questions for people who believe the Earth is flat as of a result of their religious beliefs.

1. Why would God not create a spherical Earth?

2. Why does the firmament need to be at the edge of our atmosphere?  Why not our solar system? Galaxy? Universe?

3. Do you somehow know without a doubt the design, plan and will of God?

« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2016, 11:01:54 AM »
Hello. This is my first post. I have been doing a lot of researching on the flat earth model and I am not yet 100% sold but I'm leaning towards believing in it.

That said, I'm a hardcore Bible believer and I take the Bible seriously and for the most part literally. God revealed Himself to me when I turned to the Lord Jesus Christ and He showed me the Bible is His word. Not only does the Bible seem to read the earth is flat but that it is stationary.

I will never capitulate to what the world says or the prevailing worldview if it goes against God's word. You shouldn't either if you are a Bible believer as you know the devil deceives the whole world according to the book of Revelation.

Let's read what the Bible reads on this issue.

Isaiah 40:22:

‘It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers ….’

Why doesn't it read sphere of the earth? ....

My God how delusional you are when you refuse to obey God. No where in the bible does God say the world is flat, in fact its the opposite. This is why you will die, you believe in all the lies from the devil so easy without even questing it at all. First of all there is no word in Hebrew for sphere. Here this is all that you need to know that the world is not flat and no where in the bible does it say the world is flat: http://www.eternal-productions.org/PDFS/articles/Does%20the%20Bible%20Teach%20a%20Spherical%20Earth.pdf
 All the verses you quoted you took out of context and ignored others just to fit your delusions. Some of the verses that you quoted are from mans point of view on earth. The four corners of the world are the south, north, west, and east directions.

This is what the PDF says: "Many believe that the Bible teaches that the earth is flat (or a flat disk). Both assumptions are incorrect. There are a number of Scriptures that indicate a spherical earth. These Scriptures were penned centuries before a spherical earth was confirmed.

Isaiah 40:22 states that God “sits above the circle of the earth.” While there is no Hebrew word for sphere, Khoog which is translated circle, circuit, compass is the closest.
Because God is omnipresent, He looks down upon the earth from every direction. Therefore, from God’s heavenly perspective – looking down upon the earth from every
location – the earth would appear round from every perspective ONLY if it were a sphere. If the earth were a flat circle for instance, then from most angles the earth would appear as an oval or even a straight-line (if perpendicular to it). Therefore, Isaiah 40:22 indicates a spherical earth.

Furthermore, Jesus said “For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:40). Of course a person cannot be in the heart of a flat circle anymore than he can be in the belly of a flat fish. And Ephesians 4:9 corroborates when it explains that Jesus “first descended into the lower parts of the earth.”

Luke 17:34-36 also implies a spherical earth. Jesus said that at His return some would be asleep at night while others would be working at day time activities in the field. This is a clear indication of a revolving earth, with day and night occurring simultaneously.

In addition, Job 26:7 explains that the earth is suspended in space, the obvious comparison being with the spherical sun and moon. See also Job 26:10 and Proverbs 8:27.
The Bible is the Creator’s Word so it is not surprising that recent scientific discoveries are confirming what the Creator has said for millennia.

“For the word of the LORD is right, and all His work is done in truth” (Psalm 33:4).