The Bible Seems To Read The Earth Is Flat And Stationary

• 108 Replies
The Bible Seems To Read The Earth Is Flat And Stationary
« on: June 16, 2015, 12:53:25 PM »
Hello. This is my first post. I have been doing a lot of researching on the flat earth model and I am not yet 100% sold but I'm leaning towards believing in it.

That said, I'm a hardcore Bible believer and I take the Bible seriously and for the most part literally. God revealed Himself to me when I turned to the Lord Jesus Christ and He showed me the Bible is His word. Not only does the Bible seem to read the earth is flat but that it is stationary.

I will never capitulate to what the world says or the prevailing worldview if it goes against God's word. You shouldn't either if you are a Bible believer as you know the devil deceives the whole world according to the book of Revelation.

Let's read what the Bible reads on this issue.

Isaiah 40:22:

‘It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers ….’

Why doesn't it read sphere of the earth?

Revelation 7:1 speaks of “four angels standing at the four corners of the earth.”

It makes more sense to have 4 corners outside a circle than outside a sphere. What do you think?

Isaiah 66:1 Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

It would be kind of awkward to have a spherical footstool as opposed to a flat footstool don't you think?

Isaiah 43:6 I'll say to the north, 'Give them up'! and to the south, 'Don't keep them back!' Bring my sons from far away and my daughters from the ends of the earth—

Job 28:24 For he looketh to the ends of the earth, and seeth under the whole heaven;

Job 37:3 He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.

Job 38:13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

Isaiah 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

How can there be an ends of the earth in a spherical earth? It makes more sense in a flat Earth model.

Satan showed Jesus all the kingdoms of the Earth. How is that possible if the Earth is spherical? It would make more sense if the Earth were flat.

Daniel 4:
10 Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed; I saw, and behold a tree in the midst of the earth, and the height thereof was great.
11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth:

How can that be possible if the earth was spherical?

The New Jerusalem, as written in the book of Revelation, which is roughly 1,500 miles and shaped like a cube and would seesaw on a spherical earth. How would it be possible on a spherical earth?

In Psalms 74:17 reads God has established the borders of the earth. How can there be borders in a spherical earth?

Genesis 15:12...... "...and when the sun was going down..."

Matthew 5:45.... "...for He maketh His sun to rise...."

Over 60 scriptures that reads the Sun rises or goes down. Not one scripture reads the earth is spinning. Why is that?

If the earth really stopped spinning in the places the Bible says the sun stopped (Josh 10:12-13), or went backwards (Isa 38: 8), it would have cataclysmal effects.It would have made Noah's flood look like a puddle. It would cause unfathomable earth disruptions, massive land shifts, immense earthquakes, spewing volcanos, etc.

Moreover it reads in Psalm 93:1: "Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ..."

Psalm 96:10: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ..."

Psalm 104:5: "Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken."

Isaiah 45:18: "...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast..."

If the earth is immovable then it is not spinning and revolving around the sun.

The Bible reads the earth has pillars:  When the earth and all its people quake, it is I who hold its pillars firm. — Psalm 75:3 

For the pillars of the earth are the Lord’s, and he set the world upon them. — 1 Samuel 2:8

Having pillars don't make much sense for a spherical earth but for a flat earth it does.

Moreover it reads:

In the Biblical Creation there was no sun for the earth to go around until the fourth day! (Genesis 1:14-19)

The Bible reads in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth so the earth is special in God's eyes.

It is my belief that it was satan, the one who deceives the whole world, who is the one responsible for the Copernicus Revolution to make it seem man is insignificant and as if God doesn't exist or care. We are just on a rock in a random part of the Universe with no goal or purpose, right? That's what these Godless "scientists" would have us believe. But if the world knew the Earth was at the center of the universe one would have to be pretty blind to think this was all an accident. If the world knew the universe rotated around the Earth that would imply a Designer and a lot less people would reject Jesus Christ and end up in hell. Remember, the goal of satan is to keep people from believing the truth, who is Jesus Christ, at all cost.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:22:11 AM by JamaalW »

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
Re: The Bible Seems To Read The Earth Is Flat And Stationary
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 12:57:04 PM »
This kind of thinking goes against the zetetic method, not to mention it's deplorable. You are an idiot.
Read the FAQS.

The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 12:58:46 PM »
This kind of thinking goes against the zetetic method, not to mention it's deplorable. You are an idiot.

Unfortunately, these are the kinds of people FES will inevitably attract.
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

Vauxhall

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 12:59:58 PM »

Unfortunately, these are the kinds of people FES will inevitably attract.

Trolls? Yep. Exactly right.
Read the FAQS.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 01:12:42 PM »
Watch the personal attacks.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 01:16:02 PM »
Jamaal,

Have you considered the possibility that since Satan does not want you to believe in the REAL god, he created the Bible and myth of Jesus Christ to lead you astray.
It would be a brilliant plan to lead you away from the Lord by while making you believe you are fighting Satan?

If Satan wants you to be scientifically illiterate to achieve his goals… you are doing his will quite well.

Just a thought.

Wouldn't got want you to pursue knowledge?

Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 01:23:03 PM »
Who is the Lord?

The Ellimist

Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

?

Tom

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 01:24:21 PM »
Your god told moses and yoshua to conquer the promised land and kill every man, woman and child who refused to leave.
Nice god you have. Maybe it was your satan who commanded them to do so.

If you are commanded to kill every Round-Earth pagan this is a nice place to start. Welcome!

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:26:30 PM by Tom »

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 01:30:01 PM »
They were nephilim, offsprings of fallen angels and they were wicked. God judges the wicked.

?

Tom

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 01:37:15 PM »
They were nephilim, offsprings of fallen angels and they were wicked. God judges the wicked.

The text says they are men, women and children.

So, he hired the Israelites to do the dirty work.

The Round-Earthers are wicked as well. God told me to do something about it. Will you help me?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:18:19 AM by Tom »

Vauxhall

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 01:50:52 PM »

Why didn't God eliminate them himself? He flooded the Earth, so I don't think that is beyond his power.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 02:02:32 PM »
So this forum is full of God haters?

God is holy and just but He loved you so much, even though you are a God hater and a sinner, to send His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die for the sins of the world. All you have to do is repent and turn to Him to have your sins forgiven. Otherwise your sins will fall upon your own head and it won't be fun for you on Judgment Day.

Humble yourself and be reconciled to God through the Lord Jesus Christ or continue to be an enemy of God and receive the wrath of God that is to come.

Vauxhall

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 02:03:36 PM »

God is holy and just but He loved you so much, even though you are a God hater and a sinner, to send His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die for the sins of the world. All you have to do is repent and turn to Him to have your sins forgiven. Otherwise your sins will fall upon your own head and it won't be fun for you on Judgment Day.

Humble yourself and be reconciled to God through the Lord Jesus Christ or continue to be an enemy of God and receive the wrath of God that is to come.

You mean, God sent Himself down and sacrificed Himself to save the sins of mankind that He Himself created?  ::)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:08:51 PM by Vauxhall »
Read the FAQS.

?

Tom

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 02:06:34 PM »

So, the option is 'obey' or 'be penalized and destroyed'?

I don't like politics, but this program is worse.

?

Itchy_Arris

• Infinite Earth Movement Leader
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 02:12:52 PM »
Ah, another bible quoter. Just what the forum needed!  :D
What goes up, must come down.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 02:22:22 PM »
Yep, it's God's way or end up in the pit.

God is holy, righteous, and in Him is no darkness. If you reject God then it shows that you love darkness.

Choose Jesus or the devil, light or darkness, the truth or lies, righteousness or wickedness, holiness or unclean, obedience or rebellion, salvation or condemnation, heaven or hell.

It's your choice.

?

Tom

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 02:30:12 PM »

God is holy, righteous, and in Him is no darkness. If you reject God then it shows that you love darkness.

Choose Jesus or the devil, light or darkness, the truth or lies, righteousness or wickedness, holiness or unclean, obedience or rebellion, salvation or condemnation, heaven or hell.

It's your choice.

As I don't believe in sin, I can never sin.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 02:37:42 PM »
What if the greatest trick the devil ever played was fooling the world into thinking that he lost the war in heaven...........
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 02:40:26 PM »

It's your choice.

How very lost. How very tragic. I, God, have never wanted such a thing. I desire only for the humans to be happy and enjoy themselves. What is life if it is only the following of an inaccurate book of half-truths? The words written are not my thoughts, but the work of human hands. The Bible desecrates my image, and for that I have no forgiveness.

I trust you will come to your senses and realize that what you call "The Bible" is really a collection of words written by human hands, not by myself. Until that day you are a lost lamb, and you cannot be helped. Furthermore, there is no Hell or Pit. Why would I, a benevolent God, create a place of pure evil? Oxymorons do not exist for the divine.

Heed my words child. Travel safely through the murk that is your frail human heart. Your journey will be a long and perilous one, but you will be stronger for it. Thus is the way of this Universe, the 3rd.

?

Tom

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »
What if the greatest trick the devil ever played was fooling the world into thinking that he lost the war in heaven...........

His best trick is to make people believe that he exists.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:53:56 PM by Tom »

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2015, 02:44:30 PM »

His best trick is to have people believe that he exists.

If he didn't exist how could he play a trick at all....?!
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

Tom

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 02:47:33 PM »

His best trick is to have people believe that he exists.

If he didn't exist how could he play a trick at all....?!

Clever boy you are! It must be magic!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:56:05 PM by Tom »

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 03:03:54 PM »
There are no tricks, children. I simply forgot.

Upon my return to this universe I found that evil men have used my name to commit evil acts through devious acts of deception, but this was not my doing. I intend to correct these mistakes, but this is no small task. Much of this damage is going to be difficult to undo.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 03:08:38 PM »
If Adam and Eve only had sons, did the sons also have sex with Eve?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 03:23:49 PM »
If Adam and Eve only had sons, did the sons also have sex with Eve?

The book you refer to as "The Bible" was written by mortals. Much of the information within that book is incorrect. There was no Adam and Eve. I started the creation process for this universe then let it grow on its own from there.

As this implies, evolution is accurate, but what you refer to as "The Big Bang" is only half-true. There are many questions that I simply will not answer due to fear of the divine knowledge harming this universe more than it already has.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2015, 03:30:35 PM »
Upon my return to this universe I found that evil men have used my name to commit evil acts through devious acts of deception, but this was not my doing. I intend to correct these mistakes, but this is no small task. Much of this damage is going to be difficult to undo.

So you just popped out for a pack of cigs, came back a few million years later and found everyone killing each other?

Well maybe this wouldn't have happened if you were here for our childhood, dad!
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2015, 03:44:16 PM »

So you just popped out for a pack of cigs, came back a few million years later and found everyone killing each other?

I have many realms to watch over. I am truly sorry for allowing it to get this bad, but do try to keep an open mind and be grateful. There are realms in much worse shape than this one.

The Ellimist

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2015, 04:42:32 PM »

I have many realms to watch over. I am truly sorry for allowing it to get this bad, but do try to keep an open mind and be grateful. There are realms in much worse shape than this one.

Give me 10 million US dollars cash.

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2015, 04:58:17 PM »
Actually, however you interpret the story of Adam and Eve, it does say that Adam had many sons and daughters. I'm of course inclined to disagree with Jamaal about the whole Jeebus thing, and telling me I have to accept him or the Devil just seems stupid, but then, we don't believe in the whole Devil BS either. Satan is the Prosecuting Attorney of G-d's Heavenly Court.

I personally find the whole Bible thumping, G-d bothering types, profoundly offensive. My personal response is that they can kiss my Jewish tukhis, and take their Jeebus business elsewhere. I have very little respect for that variety of Christianity. As little respect as I have for Atheism, I think I have even less for that type of Christianity (or Islam). I am ok with the Church of England, the Lutherans, that kind of thing. They at least generally think before they open their yaps. Roman Catholics aren't too obnoxious, generally.

Well, all that is as it may be. Life goes on, I suppose.