There is absolutely no proof of a globe earth. Period.

• 141 Replies
Re: There is absolutely no proof of a globe earth. Period.
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 05:12:01 PM »
Ok, the 1000 mph BS again.  I gave everyone the calculations on how much force would be felt from the centripetal force of that turn.  It makes one rotation every 24 hours.  The force felt by the rotation of the Earth does have a very small effect on the pendulum.  This small force causes it to change its swing ever so slightly from its original path.  That 1000 mph when you are talking about something the size of the Earth will not exert much force on the things riding on it.
So a rebuttal of it's unexplained is not only incorrect, but rather lazy.

Sorry I prefer to think critically rather that just repeat what other's say.

So if the earth is spinning at 1000 miles per hour, and this pendulum is suspended in a way that the earth is spinning underneath why isn't it spinning at 1000 miles per hour?

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 05:27:26 PM »
I have been reading these forums for some time, been reading both sides of the arguments.

I have yet to see any proof of a globe earth.

I will debate anyone here bring it on.

Ok, let's keep it simple.

1.  The higher you climb the further you can see.  This is not possible on a flat earth
That is simply because your line of sight perspective changes, you still have limits on how far you can see. This does not prove ball earth.
2. The horizon on a clear day is a sharp line, not a hazy blur.  On a flat earth the horizon is the vanishing point of visibility.
Pure assumption, atmosphere is a mixture of many different elements combined with your limited human perception easily explains horizon viewing limits. Does not prove ball earth.
3. Stars in the Southern Hemisphere rotate clockwise about the South Celestial pole,   In the North stars rotate anti clockwise about the North Celestial pole,  two poles = globe.
If the earth is spinning in one direction the stars should spin the same way no matter what hemisphere you are in. Think about it. How does being in a different hemisphere affect what direction the earth is spinning? Are you saying the the earth spins backwards in the southern hemisphere?
4. The South Pole is a place you can visit.  Not some forbidden land with an ice wall, there is no edge.
Yes you can go on an expedition to the honorary south pole, but it's not the true south pole and you can't go all the way through it and come out on the other side.
5. From the Southern Hemisphere summer solstice to the winter solstice there is 24 hour daylight inside the Antarctic Circle.
This does not prove ball earth, in fact it contradicts it. If the earth is spinning and tilted towards the sun, then the antarctic should be having a day and a night, and not 24 hour sunlight. I want you to sit and look at a picture of the earth and really sit down and think about it. The south pole should get a full day of sunlight and a full night if the earth is a ball and spinning.
6  Distances in the Southern Hemisphere match exactly what you expect on a globe,  there is no flat earth map to explain this.
You go get your pilot's license, charter your plane, measure the distance traveled in the southern hemisphere. Go ahead I'll wait.
7. Satellites are in orbit,  and can be proven to be exactly where they are supposed to be.  GPS, Satellite TV, Satellite phones etc.  all work as expected.
The first TV broadcast was in 1929 long before the first satellite was launched into space. All those things can be achieved by radio towers, as they have been for many many years. Also get back to me with a link and a way I can actually track a satellite movement.
8. The South magnetic pole is a point at  S 63 30,  E 138,   which explains magnetic inclination,  a flat earth with South Magnetic pole underneath would have vertical inclination.
Once again assumption. Who is saying a south pole is underneath? Also are you telling me once you cross over the equator south that your compass points to the south pole? This is the first I've heard of this.
9. Differential levels can measure the earth's curvature directly and accurately. 
Differential levels of what? Sorry I'm not following you here.
10.  Geodetic surveys routinely correct for C+R,  curvature and refraction,  it's standard surveying practice.   
They correct for changes in the earth's landscape, does not prove a ball earth once again.

That should be enough to get you started.

And the killer,  no one has ever shown ANY evidence of a flat earth.
Still not seeing any evidence of ball earth either.

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2015, 05:31:44 PM »
Ok, lets try another way of thinking about it.  If you were on a train traveling at speed, doesn't really matter what it is.  You run forward with the train and stop, do you expect to feel all the momentum of that train on you at that instant?  No you would fly across the railcar.  If the train itself suddenly stopped though you would feel it.  Your motion relative to the train's motion would mean nothing as long as the train is in a constant motion with no acceleration or deceleration.
Also, understand that the 1000 mph figure is relative to the size of the Earth.  With a 24000 mile circumference, 1000 mph means one rotation per day.  Scale that down a bit for understand and see if you think something turning at 1 revolution per day would impart enough force on you that could be felt as you ride it? 
I thought I had covered this quite well in a couple of threads already.  I guess using math to explain something is rather incomprehensible to some here.

I respect what you say, but when you say, "Scale that down a bit for understand and see if you think something turning at 1 revolution per day would impart enough force on you that could be felt as you ride it?" You have to know that anything going .288 miles per second is going to be felt if an abrupt change occurs. Everyone simply looks at 1 revolution a day because most have never been .288 miles per second, including me. If the Earth did spin at 1000 MPH, I doubt the atmosphere would still be there and we would be sucked into space, if it is a vacuum.

No the atmosphere remains in place because of the magic of gravity which seems to be completely unpredictable, have a mind of it's own, and affect objects of different mass and density, based on how it decides that it wants to.

Gravity sounds a lot like a wife to me.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2015, 05:40:03 PM »
Here is a picture of Earth taken on a mission that would require well over 1,000,000 conspirators to fake:

On top of that, the Moon is always seen from the same perspective reguardless of where you are on the Earth.
Sigma Octantus (the south star) is always south of the observer and only visible in the Southern Hemisphere.
The Sun sets and at the same time we have time zones, so you can't see the Sun at night but someone on another continent can see it.
I can see the International Space Station flying overhead and it looks like the station when I look at it with a telescope.
Check my forum signature for more.

I actually haven't seen a single flat Earth proof.

That picture is a joke. North Africa and Arabia are near the north pole? Really? They are quite warm you know.  ::)

It was taken from a low angle.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2015, 05:40:59 PM »
which seems to be completely unpredictable

It's actually completely predictable.
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

Mikey T.

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2015, 05:41:54 PM »
Ok since you think I am just repeating what others say, and you do not understand the math, I will copy paste from some of my earlier posts.  It was dealing with the force that would "throw you off" the Earth from the 1000 mph speed.
Also the Earth isn't starting and stopping suddenly, you are riding on it.  Therefore, if you want to simulate that just think about the train example.  Your motion while on the train and the trains constant motion have no real bearing on each other.  You were already traveling at the speed of the train, you moved and then stopped relative to the train, therefore you would not "feel" the movement of the train in relation to what you do.  Yes I understand if the train is turning, or not on absolutely smooth rails, or not actually travelling at a constant speed you would feel those changes in velocities.  But we are talking about the Earth rotating at a constant rate (roughly, it is slowing down, and wobbling a bit). 
Lets do some fun math

In the formula I posted above for centrifugal force, and Alpha showed earlier also I will use catboy's numbers:
So a is the centrifugal acceleration, aka the force trying to throw you off of the spinning Earth in this case.
And r is the radius of the Earth  ( 1/2 of 7,926.3352 miles then multiply by 5280 to get feet  = 20925524.928 ft)
And v is the velocity of the spin at the equator (1,037.554 mph multiply by 5280 to get ft per hour = 5478285.12 then divide by 3600 to get ft per second = 1521.746 ft per second)

This gives:
a = (1521.74 ft/s)2 / 20925524.928 ft
a = 2315692.6276 ft2/s2 / 20925524.928 ft
a = 0.1107 ft/s2

Gravity = 32.174 ft/s2
So what percent is that of gravity?
0.1107 ft/s2 /32.174 ft/s2
equals 0.00344
So 1/3 of 1 percent of the force of gravity reduced at the equator.

Amazing how math works.

If

Then we could do a couple of things, first we could figure out what the velocity would have to be to overcome gravity. 
So lets figure out the velocity needed to overcome gravity.
So if
currently we showed
a = 0.1107 ft/s2 
we need something greater than 32.174 ft/s2
so we will use
a = 33.174 ft/s2
and
r =  20925524.928 ft

then to solve for v we would need to rearrange the formula

v2 = a*r      I multiplied both sides by r to move it from one side to the other.  I love how algebra works.

v2= 33.174 ft/s2 * 20925524.928 ft

v2 = 694183363.961472ft2/s2
take the square root of both sides

v = 26347.3597 ft/s
The diameter of Earth is 7,926.3352 miles according to catboy, I think its pretty close we should use it.
so divide v by 5280 ft to get miles (which would be per second for velocity here) (26347.3597 ft  / 5280 ft ) = 4.9902 miles per second (lets say 5 mps)
Multiply the 5 miles per second by 3600 to get mph  18000 miles per hour  (funny that close to what the ISS has to travel at to keep in orbit)
18000 miles an hour? The diameter of Earth is only 24,901.295401 miles.  So we would be seeing a full day and night in about 1.38 hours.  And that's basically barely counteracting the force of gravity at the equator.  Still not fast enough to throw us off really.  I guess as long as you were traveling at that velocity you could jump really high and as you slowed down you may sink back down to the Earth.  But hey lets just say that's where we need to be at.

Ok lets do a second scenario.  With the current rotational velocity what would the circumference have to be to overcome gravity?
Back to the formula above, we would rearrange it to be
r = v2 /a    If my algebra is correct.
So from the previous fun
a = 33.174 ft/s2
and
v = (1521.74 ft/s)2
v = 2315692.6276 ft2/s2

so   
r = 2315692.6276 ft2/s2 / 33.174 ft/s2

This gives us a radius of 69804.4441 ft.  Multiply that times 2 for the diameter
Diameter of 139608.8881 ft  divde this by 5280 for miles
In miles we have a diameter of 24 miles.  Wait???
Diameter times pi for the circumference gives 75.40 miles?????
So to keep the 1000 mph figure to have enough force to overcome (barely) gravity we have to be living on a world that is 75.4 miles around???

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:17:06 PM by Mikey T Lovzballs »

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2015, 08:33:01 PM »
No the atmosphere remains in place because of the magic of gravity which seems to be completely unpredictable, have a mind of it's own, and affect objects of different mass and density, based on how it decides that it wants to.

JR? Zat you? Welcome back! I knew you couldn't stay away.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2015, 08:46:35 PM »
Let's  take one at a time.

Ok, let's keep it simple.

1.  The higher you climb the further you can see.  This is not possible on a flat earth
That is simply because your line of sight perspective changes, you still have limits on how far you can see. This does not prove ball earth.

The limit on how far you can see in clear air is about 300 km,   IF the world was flat,   that would be the perspective vanishing point,  that is to say,  on a flat earth with a good telescope you could see things up to 300 km.  Climbing a hill would not change the limit of visibility, it is still going to be 300 km,   A few hundred meters in height  is not going to change the perspective of objects hundreds of km away.   

The only possible conclusion is that the earth is not flat.   You can test this yourself,  following Zetetic principles,  climb to the top of a nearby hill or tall building,  and see if you can see further,
If you can see further, the earth is not flat.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:49:49 PM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2015, 01:10:54 AM »

F=MmG/d2 period, end of story, nothing more, that's it.  That is able to predict everything from tides to the motion of the Moon to the motion of the planets.  It can be used to predict an eclipse to the exact second, and you call it unpredictable.  Research much?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

tappet

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2015, 01:46:28 AM »

F=MmG/d2 period, end of story, nothing more, that's it.  That is able to predict everything from tides to the motion of the Moon to the motion of the planets.  It can be used to predict an eclipse to the exact second, and you call it unpredictable.  Research much?
Interesting, as I do enjoy fishing could you show me how to use this formula to predict the tides?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2015, 02:47:51 AM »

Completely predictable?  Lol.  Please, go learn a little something about astrophysics and research some of the theories that atempt to explain why gravitational calculations are so often wrong, especially at the galactic level.  Then, come back and join the Big boy discussion.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2015, 02:57:09 AM »

Oh great.  More misinformation from Mikeman.  Einstein and others have long ago proven that Newtonian Physics is only a close approximation when viewed from a very limited frame of reference.  Just because you were taught it in high school science class, that does not make it an absolute fact.  ::) 

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2015, 03:08:52 AM »
That all sounds good,but you are forgetting about speed. I don't care if you are on a big ball or the Earth. If you are spinning 464 meters per second and you suddenly stop, you will fall down. As you know this does not happen.

So I was correct in my assumption, you really don't understand relative motion.

You don't "stop", you go from 466 (or 462) m/s to 464 m/s if you're jogging at 2 m/s. You made this same mistake in your previous posts, assuming everything "stops" when you stop moving.  There is no "stop", the Earth will continue to spin at the same constant velocity.

If we want to use the cruise ship example again: If it's sailing at 8 m/s East, and you're running on the deck East at 2 m/s, and then you stop, you just go from 474 m/s to 472 m/s. No drastic changes in momentum here.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2015, 03:16:17 AM »
Completely predictable?  Lol.  Please, go learn a little something about astrophysics and research some of the theories that atempt to explain why gravitational calculations are so often wrong, especially at the galactic level.  Then, come back and join the Big boy discussion.
Oh great.  More misinformation from Mikeman.  Einstein and others have long ago proven that Newtonian Physics is only a close approximation when viewed from a very limited frame of reference.  Just because you were taught it in high school science class, that does not make it an absolute fact.  ::)

Oh great here we go. Genius jroa here to save us, nevermind his inaccurate or irrelevant statements.

Name one time the Universal Law of Gravitation has failed. And no we're not talking about the galactic level. Stop trying to derail the thread. This FEF debate does not concern the complexity of galactic motion. We already know that we know very little about galaxies and their motion. FE, RE, it doesn't matter, so stop bringing it up.

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2015, 03:31:01 AM »

If the sun is only 32 miles away...

if Nasa is a hoax...

if space exploration is all a lie...

Then all astrophysics must be a lie and therefore the galactic scale which you use to dismiss gravitational formulas does not exist. Thus proving gravity ,thus proving the world is round,  thus proving galactic scale is real...and....Jroa's paradox!

Or there are additional factors yet to be discovered that have an insignificant impact on small scale thus making the gravitiational equation very accurate. But will be even more accurate when we understand the additional factor.
Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

Yendor

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2015, 06:34:39 AM »
That all sounds good,but you are forgetting about speed. I don't care if you are on a big ball or the Earth. If you are spinning 464 meters per second and you suddenly stop, you will fall down. As you know this does not happen.

You don't "stop", you go from 466 (or 462) m/s to 464 m/s if you're jogging at 2 m/s. You made this same mistake in your previous posts, assuming everything "stops" when you stop moving.  There is no "stop", the Earth will continue to spin at the same constant velocity.

If we want to use the cruise ship example again: If it's sailing at 8 m/s East, and you're running on the deck East at 2 m/s, and then you stop, you just go from 474 m/s to 472 m/s. No drastic changes in momentum here.

What I'm trying to convay to you is very simple, you need no more than common sense. If the Earth is spinning over 1/4 miles per second, (that is damn fast, faster than the speed of sound, 340.29 m / s), and you are running on it and stop, the continuous spinning of the Earth will knock you down. In fact you couldn't even stand up if the Earth is spinning that fast. Please explain where I'm wrong.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2015, 07:43:58 AM »

What I'm trying to convay to you is very simple, you need no more than common sense. If the Earth is spinning over 1/4 miles per second, (that is damn fast, faster than the speed of sound, 340.29 m / s), and you are running on it and stop, the continuous spinning of the Earth will knock you down. In fact you couldn't even stand up if the Earth is spinning that fast. Please explain where I'm wrong.
As already stated, this will not happen. If you are stopped on the equator, you are still moving at the 1,000mph. When you run at 15 mph you are really going 1015 mph. So when you stop you still only change 15 mph. You need to understand that frames of reference with a constant velocity are considered inertial. So physics still works no matter what the velocity. If an acceleration was present, it would be another story.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2015, 08:37:06 AM »

Gravitational calculations failing at galactic levels does not indicate a failure in the scientific understanding of gravity.  Rather, the failing indicates a failure in the understanding of the nature of the matter that makes up galaxies.  But I'm sure that you already know this.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Yendor

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2015, 08:57:25 AM »

As already stated, this will not happen. If you are stopped on the equator, you are still moving at the 1,000mph. When you run at 15 mph you are really going 1015 mph. So when you stop you still only change 15 mph. You need to understand that frames of reference with a constant velocity are considered inertial. So physics still works no matter what the velocity. If an acceleration was present, it would be another story.

So, if I took a long treadmill going as fast as the Earth and somehow suspended it above the Earth, (no contact), and I was on it going 15 mph and suddenly I stopped in my tracks, granted it would be a decrease of 15 mph. But I argue that going 1000 mph on a treadmill is going to knock me off. My frame of reference is the treadmill with a constant velocity. Please explain why I'm wrong thinking this way because my mind keeps reminding me we are spinning .288 miles per second. That is how I see physics working.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2015, 09:32:42 AM »
@yendor, get on a fast moving train, run down the isle of a carriage, stop.

What happens?  Do you go flying off at 100mph?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Yendor

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »

Absolutely not Mr. Jimmy, please answer me this. If you are laying on the back of a jet airplane going 1000 mph and you stood up, would you get blown off. I hope your answer would be yes. If so, why don't you get blown around when you are standing on the surface of the Earth? After all the atmosphere is spinning with the Earth.
                              George Orwell

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2015, 09:53:22 AM »

Absolutely not Mr. Jimmy, please answer me this. If you are laying on the back of a jet airplane going 1000 mph and you stood up, would you get blown off. I hope your answer would be yes. If so, why don't you get blown around when you are standing on the surface of the Earth? After all the atmosphere is spinning with the Earth.

You would get blown off the plane because the air around the plan is not traveling with the plane. If you were inside a jet plane and stood up, you would not get blown off because the air inside the plane is traveling with the plane. The atmosphere is traveling with the earth, so you don't get blown off. Make sense?
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST

Yendor

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2015, 10:13:12 AM »

You would get blown off the plane because the air around the plan is not traveling with the plane. If you were inside a jet plane and stood up, you would not get blown off because the air inside the plane is traveling with the plane. The atmosphere is traveling with the earth, so you don't get blown off. Make sense?

So, you say, "The atmosphere is traveling with the earth, so you don't get blown off. Make sense?".That means if the plane was traveling west to east and traveling the same speed as the Earth, you would be going along with the atmosphere and you wouldn't get blown off. Is this what you are saying?
                              George Orwell

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2015, 10:19:59 AM »

So, you say, "The atmosphere is traveling with the earth, so you don't get blown off. Make sense?".That means if the plane was traveling west to east and traveling the same speed as the Earth, you would be going along with the atmosphere and you wouldn't get blown off. Is this what you are saying?

The plane is traveling at the same speed as the earth when it is not moving.

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2015, 10:29:25 AM »

No, it's all about relative speeds.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Yendor

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2015, 10:30:36 AM »

The plane is traveling at the same speed as the earth when it is not moving.

Okay if you think so. But my plane is above the Earth flying along the same speed as the Earth and in the same direction as the Earth, W to E. Also, as you say, the same moving atmosphere as here on Earth. Would a person be blown off the plane if he stood up? That is my question.
                              George Orwell

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2015, 10:42:09 AM »

Okay if you think so. But my plane is above the Earth flying along the same speed as the Earth and in the same direction as the Earth, W to E.
If it were going at the same speed as the earth, it wouldn't be going anywhere - it would be sat on the runway.

For a plane to move, it must be going at a speed relative to the earth.

Yendor

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2015, 10:47:38 AM »

No, it's all about relative speeds.

Mr. Jimmy,

I respectfully disagree with you. I don't see being about relative speeds. To me it is about common sense. I'm setting up the same scenario as here on Earth except I'm using a plane for the Earth. It is traveling above the Earth, going the same speed and the same direction. Also, it would be traveling in the Earth's atmosphere so in esence it should feel only minor wind flow. If the person stood up would he get blown off?
                              George Orwell

Yendor

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2015, 10:58:17 AM »

Okay if you think so. But my plane is above the Earth flying along the same speed as the Earth and in the same direction as the Earth, W to E.
If it were going at the same speed as the earth, it wouldn't be going anywhere - it would be sat on the runway.

For a plane to move, it must be going at a speed relative to the earth.

Mr. jimmy,
Here you are correct. Relative speed is the answer. In order for a plane to move it must be going faster than the  Earth spinning. That is why they preset all speedometers 1000 mph while they are sitting still even though the speed only shows 0 mph.
                              George Orwell

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2015, 11:16:03 AM »
The biggest con that the globalites stick to is by using the plane/train analogy; but it's wrong and is an absolute deliberate con job that the naive actually adhere to like strong glue.

We are expected to believe that the air inside the plane is the atmosphere and the plane itself is the Earth. This would be fine in one respect, except that they use the Earth and the atmosphere as moving in unison, like the plane and internal atmosphere of the plane but then go on to mention the Earth and atmosphere moving the same against a vacuum.

So what is outside of the plane? Is it a vacuum?...no, it's another atmosphere that the plane is pushing into. A resistance. That external resistance is placed onto the external skin of the plane and so the person inside of the plane at a steady speed would feel no resistance of atmosphere.

It's a massive dupe but an easy one to actually see if people start to use their common sense. For some reason, people just don't seem to want to use it and simply accept the bullshit.
It seriously baffles me as to why people do this. Why abandon common sense to adhere to something so illogical as to be told that the atmosphere moves in unison with a solid Earth at over 1000 mph and yet something as heavy as a helicopter taking off and hovering, will simply be swept along at over 1000 mph with a solid Earth by being dragged by the atmosphere.

Also, a Felix Baumgartner, supposed red bull helium balloon with a supposed capsule attached, reaches a supposed height of 128,000 feet in which we were told that there was so little atmosphere that it was classed as a vacuum and yet the very same capsule lands a few hundred miles away after hours rising to this supposed height and all this as the supposed Earth is spinning at 1000 mph.

Common sense again should tell anyone that this near vacuum isn't going to drag a balloon and capsule along with the so called 1000 mph spinning Earth, so why wasn't the capsule picked up a few thousand miles away?

Why do people have to abandon basic common sense to stick to this rotating globe bullshit when it's so in your face clear that it's a massive con job.