I think it might be round

• 41 Replies
?

Itchy_Arris

• Infinite Earth Movement Leader
I think it might be round
« on: June 15, 2015, 12:18:28 PM »
I am having doubts. My research has not been conclusive so far, and round earth is starting to actually make sense. Maybe I am just being overwhelmed by the mainstream brainwashing, or maybe I've been listening to the roundies on here too much. I am losing my faith.

Do any other believers suffer from this?
What goes up, must come down.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
Re: I think it might be round
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:21:59 PM »
There is a difference between accepting and having an open mind.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 12:26:36 PM »
I am having doubts. My research has not been conclusive so far, and round earth is starting to actually make sense. Maybe I am just being overwhelmed by the mainstream brainwashing, or maybe I've been listening to the roundies on here too much. I am losing my faith.

I thought you were told by the Master (or whatever you called him) about the new worlds to be revealed on the plane?

If so, you are either crazy...or definitely right. Nothing anyone says here will change that. You are either correct or insane.

P.s. don't base your beliefs on faith. use facts. be willing to revise when more information becomes available.
Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 12:38:29 PM »
You are either correct or insane.

That's a false dichotomy.  A few other possibilities include:

-She or he is lying.
-She or he is being coerced into saying these things.
-There was an elaborate rouse put into place by Itchy_Arris' "friends" that is making her or him believe that the earth is flat.

This is just what I came up with while typing.  The path to Flat-Earth Theory isn't as simple as, "taking the one less traveled."  It's a wondrous journey of learning and truth that can't be broken down into simple binary switches.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 01:19:42 PM »

Yes ezpecially early on in this new belief. The brainwashing is not easy to discard.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 01:38:14 PM »

Follow the evidence,  and  question everything.     
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 01:46:08 PM »
You are either correct or insane.

That's a false dichotomy.  A few other possibilities include:

-She or he is lying.
-She or he is being coerced into saying these things.
-There was an elaborate rouse put into place by Itchy_Arris' "friends" that is making her or him believe that the earth is flat.

This is just what I came up with while typing.  The path to Flat-Earth Theory isn't as simple as, "taking the one less traveled."  It's a wondrous journey of learning and truth that can't be broken down into simple binary switches.

The dichotomy was predicated on IF he had been told these things by the Master.  Because I said "If so,"

If Itchy is having fun, or lying, or being coerced etc. then the premise would be false and the two choices would not apply.

If Itchy actually believes that  he was told by the Master  about the revelation of the new lands in the infinite plane. I believe those are the only two likely possibilities...though I guess the Master could be just screwing with him... so I will concede that is a third possibility....or the Master is wrong......or the Master was coerced, by the supreme master....who himself may have been duped by the SUperSupremeMaster (with a cherry on top)

But since we like simple empirical observations with little assumptions:
If he is telling the truth, he is correct or crazy. (but we know he's just playing)
Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 02:03:03 PM »

Let's look at it this way.

99% of the population accepts round earth. Flat earthers believe that they know more about basically everything than the 99%. That's also what sceintologists believe, along with those who believe that they are jesus or that obama's a lizard. And the obama lizard people are just as legitimate as the flat earth people, have just as much evidence, and are as convinced.

Do you see now, itchy? Maybe you're not the one of the few lonely superior geniuses in the hordes of stupid, unwashed plebians.
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 02:40:00 PM »

99% of the population accepts round earth. Flat earthers believe that they know more about basically everything than the 99%. That's also what sceintologists believe, along with those who believe that they are jesus or that obama's a lizard. And the obama lizard people are just as legitimate as the flat earth people, have just as much evidence, and are as convinced.

Do you see now, itchy? Maybe you're not the one of the few lonely superior geniuses in the hordes of stupid, unwashed plebians.

It's not about being a genius or being stupid. It's about being able to think outside of the rigid indoctrination we have all received.

Who the feck is the The Master? Wasn't he a Dr Who villain?

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 02:54:52 PM »

It's about being able to think outside of the rigid indoctrination we have all received.

And that's what all the other wack jobs think. They all have the same exact conviction as you. What sets you guys apart?
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 04:02:48 PM »

It's not about being a genius or being stupid. It's about being able to think outside of the rigid indoctrination we have all received.

Who the feck is the The Master? Wasn't he a Dr Who villain?
Sorry. You called him the Controller.

The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 04:32:02 PM »
This guy literally admitted he was trolling before.
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 12:16:47 AM »
I have these feelings a lot.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 12:39:20 AM »

Yes, and I explained that as I attract a lot of attention, I have to throw my stalkers off the scent sometimes.

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 02:39:58 AM »

Yes, and I explained that as I attract a lot of attention, I have to throw my stalkers off the scent sometimes.
What scent?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 04:32:03 AM »

Yes, and I explained that as I attract a lot of attention

No you don't

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 09:37:21 AM »

tired of trolling already? Well you almost made it 2 months.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 09:48:55 AM »
99% of the population accepts round earth.

Do you have any proof for this assertion or is this just how you feel?

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 09:55:17 AM »

It's an extremely rational educated guess

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2015, 11:51:19 AM »
If you had had any education and any experience at all you would "know that the earth is round" and absolutely no reason that you would "think it might be round."
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2015, 12:13:04 PM »
It's ironic that The Flat Earth Society forum put doubts in my mind; shows how roundie-dominated this place.

Don't worry though, I'm back to my old self.

It's flat as a pancake!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:15:42 PM by Itchy_Arris »

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2015, 12:52:57 PM »

Based on what?  In my industry, we call that "tummy feels."  You are basing your information on how your "tummy feels."

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2015, 01:18:50 PM »

Based on what?  In my industry, we call that "tummy feels."  You are basing your information on how your "tummy feels."

Do you have a better estimate?

The entire world is exposed and taught 21st century science. There is no evidence that a substantial amount of people chose to ignore it.

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2015, 01:22:33 PM »

Isn't that exactly the rational behind FET. The earth feels flat.

"It seems odd to think I could be spinning at 1000mph so I must not be..it just feels that way."

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2015, 01:46:05 PM »
It's ironic that The Flat Earth Society forum put doubts in my mind; shows how roundie-dominated this place.

It's flat as a pancake!

Well shit. There goes my raise.

Can you at least tell my NASA supervisor that I convinced you? I have a wife and kids too.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 02:07:04 PM »

It's flat as a pancake!

Can you at least tell my NASA supervisor that I convinced you? I have a wife and kids too.

Yeah I'll give you a good report.....for a cut of that NASA cheque!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 02:10:10 PM by Itchy_Arris »

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2015, 09:30:51 PM »
If there is a god-the earth is flat because god is reasonable.
If there is no god there earth could be round.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 07:47:25 AM »
If there is a god-the earth is flat because god is reasonable.

What kind of sadist would make a creature that breathes out of the same hole it eats from?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 11:49:50 AM »

It's flat as a pancake!

And I was just about to congratulate you for having an open mind...  Don't think of changing opinions as loosing or doing what "they" want.  That's the problem with conspiracy theories, those who believe them can't think strait because they think that even considering the other side is loosing in some way.  If you keep an open mind and consider the other side then if your beliefs are really true then your opinion shouldn't change anyway, so there is no harm in doing it.

Meanwhile how about you contemplate how sunsets and time zones could exist at the same time on a flat Earth.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 12:28:46 PM »

It's flat as a pancake!

And I was just about to congratulate you for having an open mind...  Don't think of changing opinions as loosing or doing what "they" want.  That's the problem with conspiracy theories, those who believe them can't think strait because they think that even considering the other side is loosing in some way.  If you keep an open mind and consider the other side then if your beliefs are really true then your opinion shouldn't change anyway, so there is no harm in doing it.

Meanwhile how about you contemplate how sunsets and time zones could exist at the same time on a flat Earth.

It's "losing" not "loosing".

Young people's spelling and grammar is atrocious these days.