When Round Earth Theory Breaks Down

• 51 Replies

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
Re: When Round Earth Theory Breaks Down
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2015, 12:09:40 PM »
How many times do I have to repeat this? Take wall map and surround it completely with ocean. That's the map. I know you roundies are close-minded, but surely you can imagine that?

Yes I use terms like " I believe "when talking about ideas that have no evidence yet. It's called good science.

It's called obfustication,   and  while I'm here,  that reminds me,  what does this  IET map look like again,  could you describe it in more detail,  perhaps a drawing?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 12:12:35 PM »
IET has a single, coherent map.

It does? Can we see it?

"I don't believe..." "I think..." "I believe..."

How many times do I have to repeat this? Take wall map and surround it completely with ocean. That's the map. I know you roundies are close-minded, but surely you can imagine that?

So basically this:

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/9355/8DjY1k.png

The red line represents the travel from Los Angeles to China in your model, which would take much longer then it actually does. Additionally, lands in the northern hemisphere are inflated, making Siberia, Greenland, and Canada look much larger then they actually are.

That's not what I was imagining?   I was thinking of just taking the map off the wall and throwing it in the pacific.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2015, 12:17:07 PM »

That's not what I was imagining?   I was thinking of just taking the map off the wall and throwing it in the pacific.

Where exactly? You're going to have to be more spacific
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

?

Itchy_Arris

• Infinite Earth Movement Leader
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »

It does? Can we see it?

So basically this:

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/9355/8DjY1k.png

The red line represents the travel from Los Angeles to China in your model, which would take much longer then it actually does. Additionally, lands in the northern hemisphere are inflated, making Siberia, Greenland, and Canada look much larger then they actually are.

That's the right idea. Obviously the land near the poles is not really that size, as you've used a projection of the globe, and the pacific is a bit bigger. And the continents aren't really where we think they are.
What goes up, must come down.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2015, 01:33:56 PM »
SO can you answer my questions?
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2015, 01:48:54 PM »

Who me?..    ok.

Where exactly? You're going to have to be more spacific

Hawaii I think would be good,   is Itchy going to front the hotel bills?    Next week is good for me.

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2015, 01:51:39 PM »

It does? Can we see it?

Yes I use terms like " I believe "when talking about ideas that have no evidence yet. It's called good science.

So you're talking about a single, coherent IET map, but there's no evidence for it yet?

What's a "wall map"? Mercator projection? Why choose that? It seems like you want something like the "bipolar flat-earth map" (it's an Azimuthal Equidistant projection of the globe centered on the equator and a convenient meridian instead of the North Pole like the "unipolar flat-earth map" uses), like the one from this post using the Prime Meridian:

Is that what you're thinking of? Note that the Pacific ocean surrounds everything. Remember, though, you don't have any evidence that this, or something like it is right. You said so here:

I use terms like " I believe "when talking about ideas that have no evidence yet.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2015, 01:56:24 PM »

Who me?..    ok.

No, Itchy lol.

Hawaii I think would be good,   is Itchy going to front the hotel bills?    Next week is good for me.

I was thinking we just cruise on the yacht he contracted for his expedition.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2015, 02:18:55 PM »

I've no idea what your questions are.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2015, 02:22:41 PM »
The red line represents the route from LA to China. It obviously takes much longer on your map then it does in real life. Please explain

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2015, 03:39:33 PM »
The red line represents the route from LA to China. It obviously takes much longer on your map then it does in real life. Please explain

It takes how long it takes. Nobody is denying that. I really don't see what your point is here.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »

It takes how long it takes. Nobody is denying that. I really don't see what your point is here.

His point is that it disproves your map.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2015, 08:09:16 PM »
On your map, it should take longer than it does take.

LA to Beijing takes less time when you go west. However, on your map it looks like it should take more time.
Additionally,Santiago to Capetown takes 10 hours.  Santiago to Sydney takes 14 hours. On your map, Santiago to Sydney should be about twice Santiago to Capetown. Finally, why on your map does Dubai to Seattle makeobscenely large arc upwards towards the north pole if going straight across is much quicker? I know why! Because Dubai to Seattle crosses over the pole because the earth is round and that's the fastest way to get from Dubai to Seattle! Crazy!

Click on the map:

http://www.travelmath.com/flying-time/from/Dubai,+United+Arab+Emirates/to/Seattle,+WA
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 08:26:22 PM by kman »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2015, 09:05:45 PM »
On your map, it should take longer than it does take.

LA to Beijing takes less time when you go west. However, on your map it looks like it should take more time.
Additionally,Santiago to Capetown takes 10 hours.  Santiago to Sydney takes 14 hours. On your map, Santiago to Sydney should be about twice Santiago to Capetown. Finally, why on your map does Dubai to Seattle makeobscenely large arc upwards towards the north pole if going straight across is much quicker? I know why! Because Dubai to Seattle crosses over the pole because the earth is round and that's the fastest way to get from Dubai to Seattle! Crazy!

Click on the map:

http://www.travelmath.com/flying-time/from/Dubai,+United+Arab+Emirates/to/Seattle,+WA

I think Itchy has just been scratched.  ;D

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2015, 01:04:57 AM »
What you all fail to realise is that the land masses are not necessarily where you think they are.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2015, 02:17:51 AM »
What you all fail to realise is that the land masses are not necessarily where you think they are.

That's going to be great news for the pilots and sailors who need to get from one to the other.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2015, 03:09:59 AM »
So why did you say that for a flat earth map: "just take a standard map and surround it by ocean"?

Now someone has done that, you're saying that it's all wrong.  So we are back to no flat earth map.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2015, 04:01:30 AM »
So why did you say that for a flat earth map: "just take a standard map and surround it by ocean"?

Now someone has done that, you're saying that it's all wrong.  So we are back to no flat earth map.

It's approximately correct. Obviously I don't have the resources to produce a really accurate map. What do you expect me to do?

?

Why-Am-I-Here?

• Massive ice wall? where?
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2015, 10:17:53 AM »
I still await an answer Itchy...

Returning to an earlier point, how do YOU know there are hidden continents? You are displaying another example of circular reasoning:

There are hidden continents because the earth is infinite. How do i know the earth is infinite? There are hidden continents. How do I know there are hidden continents? The earth is infinite. How come these have never been discovered previously, and how on earth did YOU discover them?

P.S. Excuse the lengthy circular reasoning explanation, but I didn't want a JRowe -Esque "Your circular reasoning doesn't make sense."
One day this argument will cease. Probably about two days after four horses of the apocalypse charge in and declare judgement day with fairies on their backs.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2015, 10:23:41 AM »

It's approximately correct. Obviously I don't have the resources to produce a really accurate map. What do you expect me to do?
Well, not making claims that you can't support would be a good start.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2015, 10:27:51 AM »

It's approximately correct.
No, if the land masses are all in the wrong place, it's fundamentally wrong, not "approximately correct".
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2015, 02:42:52 PM »

So why did you say

IET has a single, coherent map. And it works - you don't get magically transported across the world, unlike your globe.
when said map doesn't actually exist?

Are you saying the bipolar flat-earth map shown above is approximately correct, but has the wrong central meridian?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan