What's the point of roundies?

• 25 Replies
?

Itchy_Arris

• Infinite Earth Movement Leader
What's the point of roundies?
« on: June 10, 2015, 03:25:51 PM »
This is the flat earth society. Why are there so many roundies on here earnestly trying to prove the world is round? What's the point?

It must be so dull being a roundy just trotting out the same arguments over and over.

Have you no sense of fun?

(sense Mikeman, used in the correct context, not instead of "since")
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:29:07 AM by Itchy_Arris »
What goes up, must come down.

Re: What's the point of roundies?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 05:48:36 PM »
This is the flat earth society. Why are there so many roundies on here earnestly trying to prove the world is round? What's the point?

It must be so dull being a roundy just trotting out the same arguments over and over.

Have you be sense of fun?

Well, hey... if you have a winning argument, why change?

Which begs the question, why do the flat-earth supporters keep changing theirs?

Being right is far more fun than continuously being shown that you're wrong, and exactly why, in excruciating detail. This is especially true if being right means the universe is huge and vastly entrancing, rather than limited to human scale.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 09:26:57 PM »

Being right is far more fun than continuously being shown that you're wrong, and exactly why, in excruciating detail. This is especially true if being right means the universe is huge and vastly entrancing, rather than limited to human scale.

Well....hey.....A lot of us "Round Earthers" are like Alpha2Omega. Some of us work in the real world, which is definitely and backed up by evidence of  the globe shape that it truly is but we  like to come to this website for the fun of it to see what the "Flat Earthers" are going to come up with next. 
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 11:27:06 PM »

To bring life and truth,   to dispel the failed dull flat earth ideas,  and tell the truth about our wonderful blue globe. 
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

tappet

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 11:38:56 PM »

To bring life and truth,   to dispel the failed dull flat earth ideas,  and tell the truth about our wonderful blue globe.
Seriously, that's it?
Dude, you need a reality check. You sound like some sort of ausGeoff preacher.

DonaldC

• Physics & Philosophy guy, teach science in China
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 11:44:19 PM »
I continue to be here for three main reasons, one selfish one and two not.

There are those who see this site, begin to think there maybe something to the flat earth idea. I am here to show there is not. I have heard seen people post in the past that confirm this. Much less likely but possible is a seed will be planted in a true believer's mind that over months or year may germinate and they will understand. And it can be fun and amusing and keeps my debating and teaching skills fresh.
"Think of the average person. Now remember how stupid he is. Now realize half of them are dumber than that." George Carlin

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 12:08:22 AM »

Seriously, that's it?

So what's your excuse,  you aren't a flat earther, and you mostly just troll,   so why are you here?
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

tappet

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 12:13:34 AM »

Seriously, that's it?

So what's your excuse,  you aren't a flat earther, and you mostly just troll,   so why are you here?
I am learning  from you Round Earthers.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 01:57:00 AM »

How do you it's more fun? Have you tried being a flat earther? You get to use your imagination. And it's more of a challenge when you don't have science and Wikipedia on your side.

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 04:36:07 AM »
You get to use your imagination.

So you admit you just make stuff up.....?
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 04:40:56 AM »
You get to use your imagination.

So you admit you just make stuff up.....?

Itchy thinks this is improv class. He creates characters (like Tom I suspect)

It bums him out when we don't "Yes...and" his games. I pray all the FEs are doing the same. The alternative is kinda depressing.
Remember, evolution has never produced an Oreo in nature, therefore heart surgery is impossible.

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 06:07:08 AM »

How do you it's more fun? Have you tried being a flat earther? You get to use your imagination. And it's more of a challenge when you don't have science and Wikipedia on your side.

His message is clear: Why do you have to be a Round Earther? Be a troll like me, it's more fun!

ausGeoff

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 09:30:49 AM »

LOL... once again Itchy Anus shows his lack of awareness.  Round earthers are not here "trying" to "prove" the world is round.  It's already a long-accepted scientific fact supported by millions of scientists, geophysicists and astrophysicists.

We're here with the intentions of disabusing you flat earthers of your false beliefs about the geometry of the planet, and also in an attempt to impart some 21st century scientific knowledge which most of you appear to lack.  Your "bible"—or most of your flat earth Wiki—seems to be based around science that's 150 years out of date.  At the least.

I do take it as an inadvertent compliment that you claim that round earthers are "trotting out the same arguments" over and over.  Did it ever occur to you (probably not) that could just be because our argument never changes from day to day?  That we all utilise the same round earth model; exactly the same maps; identical star charts; the same theories of plate tectonics, weather patterns, space travel, climate change; physics and chemistry; laws of mechanics; astronomical observations etc?

On the other hand, no flat earther can agree on any sort of scale model of their flat planet; nor any map; nor any astronomical chart; nor any diagrammatic representation; not even the size and orbits of our sun and moon!  The flat earth argument is in total disarray, with absolutely no consensus on any aspect.  And which explains why most flat earthers argue from a purely ad hoc basis devoid of any empirical evidence.

And if you really think people should be here for "fun" then I can understand why the flat earthers' arguments are so consistently lacking in viable evidence.  You're all just playing games.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »
On the other hand : "What's the point of "flatties" ? ???

It must be really dull to either troll,  ignore or deny anything and everything that "roundies" post. It must be dull to never know or learn anything, too...Reality, that is.  ;D

And then again, at least for this "roundie" , there are a lot of times when there is never a dull moment to see just what the "flatties" are going to post next on this website.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 11:55:25 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 12:53:31 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I come here because there is nothing like a good argument.  Sadly, this place is nothing like a good argument.

Did you ever consider the possibility that some of us do find discussing alternative earth shapes fun?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Mikey T.

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 12:55:55 PM »
Ever wonder why people are so drawn to vehicle accidents?  The same can be said, tragedy captivates us.  Just think of all the sane people here as onlookers watching your train crash of thought processes who are trying to stop the train.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 01:11:19 PM »
Yes, yes, I understand all that. The point is that if you are a roundie all the time, you are not doing your fair share of the work. It wouldn't be much of a forum without flat-earthers, and we are few and far between. Our brightest prospect seems to have deserted.

Mikey T.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »
Fair share of the work?  Some of us have done things like actually used that thing between our ears, spent time learning how the world works either by life experience or school.  Most of us have done both.  So what are you calling work anyway there?  Experiments, well no flat Earthers do proper experiments.  When we try to help you put controls in place or offer to review results for verification, you spew insults.  A failure.  If we point out why things work the way they do, with math, experimental data, or break it down so that a 5 year old could understand, you guys call us liars or government shills.  Do you know what work is?  No, you have shown that you do not.  I feel sad for you if you feel this way.   
Also if you are talking about JRowe, if he was your brightest prospect then I need to inform you that your standards are too low.  He got tired of dodging questions.  Yeah he claimed to be getting mad about constantly being asked the same questions, but if you fail to answer something, people will ask again.  It was not done to aggravate him, only to get a clear answer.  Since there was nothing to his claims, he could not defend them.  Much like your claims.   You want to make them, yet you refuse to defend the claim.  Therefore you are dismissed.

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 02:20:42 AM »

There is no good point.  Unless you work for cell phone company, nobody is personally effected. 
The earth is 99.98% flat.

Jekemi

• "He who made the Pleiades and Orion..."
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 06:03:00 AM »
I don't know about others, but I guess I'm here because I never knew people took the position of a flat earth seriously.
I want to know what kind of arguments you guys make up.

It's fun winning a debate you know you can't lose.
"It isn't that they can't see the solution. It is that they can't see the problem."

The brilliant G. K. Chesterton

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2015, 06:54:24 AM »
I don't know about others, but I guess I'm here because I never knew people took the position of a flat earth seriously.
I want to know what kind of arguments you guys make up.

It's fun winning a debate you know you can't lose.

People who win an argument, never win.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2015, 09:18:25 AM »
Yes, yes, I understand all that. The point is that if you are a roundie all the time, you are not doing your fair share of the work. It wouldn't be much of a forum without flat-earthers, and we are few and far between. Our brightest prospect seems to have deserted.

Which Brightest  Prospect ? sceptamatic ? Or jroa ? Or jrowe
Or Some one Else ?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:12:13 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 10:08:36 AM »

Well....hey.....A lot of us "Round Earthers" are like Alpha2Omega. Some of us work in the real world, which is definitely and backed up by evidence of  the globe shape that it truly is but we  like to come to this website for the fun of it to see what the "Flat Earthers" are going to come up with next.
If this is your idea of fun you truly have a failed and miserable life.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 11:06:42 AM »

If you will notice most of us "Round Earthers" come to this website mainly just for the fun of it . We don't have a miserable life. At least we have a real life. I think some of us "Roundies" wonder if the "Flatties" have a  failed and miserable life other than looking out of their windows and thinking the world is flat because of their limited view.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:09:57 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 12:32:29 PM »

Everyone has some idea of fun that someone else thinks is pointless and stupid. Some people like auto racing, some like playing ScrabbleTM or solving puzzles, others like kayaking or cave exploring. There are a lot of people who think Golf is fun, for God's sake!  A few apparently like making up or defending unworkable explanations, that are completely detached from reality, for everyday phenomena like sunsets and seem to enjoy promoting them as not totally ridiculous, which attracts the ones who like finding the obvious flaws and contradictions in these explanations. I got no problem with any of it. Live and let live.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2015, 12:50:08 AM »
If your theory were actually true then our presence would be no probelem.  You cannot disprove a correct theory and failure to disprove something could be considered proof in favor of that thing.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.