Meteorites Prove Infinite Earth Theory

• 56 Replies

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
Re: Meteorites Prove Infinite Earth Theory
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2015, 02:42:38 PM »
What exactly IS Infinite Earth Theory? I've heard of it,but I'm not certain of what it is.

It's literally what it sounds like.
Read the FAQS.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2015, 02:46:59 PM »
What exactly IS Infinite Earth Theory? I've heard of it,but I'm not certain of what it is.
Infinite earth theory is the earth is an infinite plane.  It most likely came about because a non infinite earth with gravity would have the center of gravity under the north pole.  This would lead to objects on the surface being accelerated towards the north pole instead of downwards to the ground.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2015, 03:17:24 PM »
So if the Earth is an Infinite Plain, then what does that mean about the areas we haven't seen? What are they?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2015, 03:19:44 PM »
So if the Earth is an Infinite Plain, then what does that mean about the areas we haven't seen? What are they?

According to this theory, the parts we have seen are the "Known" Earth.  I suppose the parts we have not seen would then be the unknown parts. 

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2015, 03:21:53 PM »
And what do proponents of this theory indicate the Unknown Parts of the Earth are?

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2015, 03:47:35 PM »
Dust maybe, but dust moving at several thousand KPH which would quickly destroy satellites.

First, force is mass times acceleration. Incredibly small mass does mean a highly reduced force. There is damage, but don't forget how small satellites are. Major problems can be seen, and avoided: the more common dust-sized specks come under acceptable risk. They might damage the outer casing, but that's minimal.

Bull. At that speed they would go straight through those flimsy satellites like a rifle bullet.

Can you provide some analysis that shows that's likely?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2015, 04:43:45 PM »
Dust maybe, but dust moving at several thousand KPH which would quickly destroy satellites.

First, force is mass times acceleration. Incredibly small mass does mean a highly reduced force. There is damage, but don't forget how small satellites are. Major problems can be seen, and avoided: the more common dust-sized specks come under acceptable risk. They might damage the outer casing, but that's minimal.

Bull. At that speed they would go straight through those flimsy satellites like a rifle bullet.

I calculate that a 9mm Parabelum bullet has muzzle energy of around 500 joules, while a 1mg sand grain sized meteor traveling 50km/s has a max impact force or around 1250j. 

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2015, 09:49:17 PM »

I calculate that a 9mm Parabelum bullet has muzzle energy of around 500 joules, while a 1mg sand grain sized meteor traveling 50km/s has a max impact force or around 1250j.

500j sounds a shade low for a 9 mm but close enough for discussions like this. Your kinetic energy calculation for 1 mg travelling at 50 km/s is correct. 50 km/sec may be a bit high for these things, but, again, within the realm. On the other hand, a sand grain with a mass of 1 mg is going to be on the order of 1 mm in dimension. That ain't dust, which is what we're discussing. Interplanetary dust particles in the vicinity of the Earth's orbit are on the order or 10 - 100 microns (0.01 - 0.1 mm); at the large end of this spectrum, 100 microns (0.1 mm), is 1000 times less volume per particle (103  = 1000) and, thus, 1/1000 the mass, presuming the composition is the same. The KE of a 1 µg dust grain with 50 km/sec velocity would be 1.25 j; 0.25% of the 9mm bullet's energy, using your numbers.

Something sand-grain size is a pretty large meteoroid. Remember, "dust-sized specks come under acceptable risk" was the assertion. I highlighted it in the quote block for your convenience.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2015, 02:23:12 AM »
I looked up the size and spead of the particles that hit the Earth every day and used an approximate mean.  I am sorry that you don't like my numbers.   

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2015, 03:46:18 AM »

500j sounds a shade low for a 9 mm but close enough for discussions like this. Your kinetic energy calculation for 1 mg travelling at 50 km/s is correct. 50 km/sec may be a bit high for these things, but, again, within the realm. On the other hand, a sand grain with a mass of 1 mg is going to be on the order of 1 mm in dimension. That ain't dust, which is what we're discussing. Interplanetary dust particles in the vicinity of the Earth's orbit are on the order or 10 - 100 microns (0.01 - 0.1 mm); at the large end of this spectrum, 100 microns (0.1 mm), is 1000 times less volume per particle (103  = 1000) and, thus, 1/1000 the mass, presuming the composition is the same. The KE of a 1 µg dust grain with 50 km/sec velocity would be 1.25 j; 0.25% of the 9mm bullet's energy, using your numbers.

Something sand-grain size is a pretty large meteoroid. Remember, "dust-sized specks come under acceptable risk" was the assertion. I highlighted it in the quote block for your convenience.
It would depend on the composition of the dust particles & molecule arangment. 
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

?

Itchy_Arris

• Infinite Earth Movement Leader
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2015, 03:58:31 AM »
And what do proponents of this theory indicate the Unknown Parts of the Earth are?

I believe there is undiscovered land, and I'm leading an expedition next year to attempt to find it.

Species that we think are extinct may still exist on this land, or there could even be human-like beings. But that is mere conjecture.
What goes up, must come down.

Quail

• I can't sea gull.
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2015, 07:04:15 AM »

I believe there is undiscovered land, and I'm leading an expedition next year to attempt to find it.

Species that we think are extinct may still exist on this land, or there could even be human-like beings. But that is mere conjecture.

There is pretty much no "undiscovered" land on earths surface due to orbital mapping.

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2015, 07:39:07 AM »

I shall be curious to hear the results of your expedition. Please take excellent notes and advise us as to your results. Do you know when you might be back?

EDIT:

And actually, I'm not kidding. Although I am a REer, I am genuinely curious about what you find. If your expedition actually finds something, it would shatter the understanding of the world that we have currently. I personally don't think this will occur. But I am prepared to be proved wrong.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:07:50 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2015, 08:23:56 AM »
The meteorites that hit us are always from our Solar System, as far as I know they never arrive from elsewhere.  There are many meteors in the solar system and even though the likelihood of a particular one hitting Earth is small there are just so many meteors that it happens regularly.  Also, Earth has gravity so meteors get pulled in, which makes it WAY more likely that they will hit.

If the Earth were the bottom of the universe then all meteors would have hit by now because they can't be out of Earth's sphere of influence or be in an independent orbit of the Sun.  You are yet to describe what force you think holds the Sun, stars, planets, and meteors up in the sky.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2015, 08:47:47 AM »
I looked up the size and spead of the particles that hit the Earth every day and used an approximate mean.  I am sorry that you don't like my numbers.

You answered a question that wasn't asked, which is what you seem to specialize in. The numbers you provided don't apply to the question that was asked, which was about dust, not sand. There's a difference. Nice try, though!

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2015, 09:59:31 AM »
The meteorites that hit us are always from our Solar System, as far as I know they never arrive from elsewhere.  There are many meteors in the solar system and even though the likelihood of a particular one hitting Earth is small there are just so many meteors that it happens regularly.  Also, Earth has gravity so meteors get pulled in, which makes it WAY more likely that they will hit.

If the Earth were the bottom of the universe then all meteors would have hit by now because they can't be out of Earth's sphere of influence or be in an independent orbit of the Sun.  You are yet to describe what force you think holds the Sun, stars, planets, and meteors up in the sky.

I have described the forces keeping the stars up. It's energy from the big bang.

Of course most meteorites are from the solar system; meteorites from other systems haven't had time to reach us yet, but some are falling. It will be interesting to find out their composition. I expect there will be less heavy elements from systems higher up.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2015, 10:16:31 AM »

I shall be curious to hear the results of your expedition. Please take excellent notes and advise us as to your results. Do you know when you might be back?

EDIT:

And actually, I'm not kidding. Although I am a REer, I am genuinely curious about what you find. If your expedition actually finds something, it would shatter the understanding of the world that we have currently. I personally don't think this will occur. But I am prepared to be proved wrong.

The expedition is at the end of next year, and is planned to last for a year. This is to allow us to accurately record as much geology and wildlife as possible. It may be possible for some members to take specimens and photos back to Australia during this year, although I am a bit worried about the information faklling into the wrong hands. The last thing we want is a bunch of Chinese ships turning up! I want to keep the information in the hands of the Australian/NZ/British governments only to start with, and ensure some protection for the new lands before handing over anything.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2015, 10:32:21 AM »
I have described the forces keeping the stars up. It's energy from the big bang.

And how exactly would that work?  Does everything have little vacuum plasma engines to hold it up?

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2015, 11:04:54 AM »

And how exactly would that work?  Does everything have little vacuum plasma engines to hold it up?

It is explained in the Hubble thread. Conservation of momentum from the event at the beginning of the universe.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2015, 11:13:46 AM »

It is explained in the Hubble thread. Conservation of momentum from the event at the beginning of the universe.

Conservation of momentum is a law, not a force.

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2015, 12:22:30 PM »

EDIT:

The expedition is at the end of next year, and is planned to last for a year. This is to allow us to accurately record as much geology and wildlife as possible. It may be possible for some members to take specimens and photos back to Australia during this year, although I am a bit worried about the information faklling into the wrong hands. The last thing we want is a bunch of Chinese ships turning up! I want to keep the information in the hands of the Australian/NZ/British governments only to start with, and ensure some protection for the new lands before handing over anything.

That is interesting. But who in the Governments in question will co-operate with this venture?

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »

EDIT:

That is interesting. But who in the Governments in question will co-operate with this venture?

We don't need cooperation as such, just a guarantee that the whereabouts of the new land will be kept secret until some kind of agreement can be drawn up to protect the land and prevent national claims. I guess the US will have to involved - but I worry about the Guano Islands Act.

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2015, 01:12:39 PM »

EDIT:

We don't need cooperation as such, just a guarantee that the whereabouts of the new land will be kept secret until some kind of agreement can be drawn up to protect the land and prevent national claims. I guess the US will have to involved - but I worry about the Guano Islands Act.

Having just reviewed the Guano Islands Act, which I had been unaware of prior to this conversation, I suspect you might have some reason to be concerned. I am not certain, however, if the USA would find it economically feasible to go that far just to get birdshit. Nowadays, I expect there are other ways of making gun powder, although, not being a firearms enthusiast, I would not know what those methods are. But the idea of travelling beyond the known world to get birdshit seems unlikely to me, given that it is a renewable resource, even if it does take some time to renew.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2015, 01:17:01 PM »

EDIT:

Having just reviewed the Guano Islands Act, which I had been unaware of prior to this conversation, I suspect you might have some reason to be concerned. I am not certain, however, if the USA would find it economically feasible to go that far just to get birdshit. Nowadays, I expect there are other ways of making gun powder, although, not being a firearms enthusiast, I would not know what those methods are. But the idea of travelling beyond the known world to get birdshit seems unlikely to me, given that it is a renewable resource, even if it does take some time to renew.

It's still on the US statute book as far as I know. It's not that they would want the guano, but that technically they would have a claim on the land according to US (assuming there is guano!).

Glad you found out about it, it's a fascinating little law. Britain herself would have been proud of that one! You have learned well, young padawan.

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2015, 01:20:48 PM »

EDIT:

It's still on the US statute book as far as I know. It's not that they would want the guano, but that technically they would have a claim on the land according to US (assuming there is guano!).

Glad you found out about it, it's a fascinating little law. Britain herself would have been proud of that one! You have learned well, young padawan.

It is still on the statute books, at least, that was what I got out of my reading, yes.

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2015, 10:55:38 PM »

EDIT:

It is still on the statute books, at least, that was what I got out of my reading, yes.
You denounce your citizenship before laying claim . Then its up yours mr president along with your congress. They  only have right to it if your a US citizen.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:57:33 PM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2015, 02:40:41 AM »
The universe is billions of light years across. In round Earth theory, the Earth is an insignificantly tiny speck in a vast cosmos.

That's what the story that the science-relegionists push.   But it's not an accurate story.

Every mass exerts a pull on every other one.  So when you move around your house
your actually changing the way the stars orbit in distant galaxies.

You.....are actually the center of the universe.   All mass in the universe is orbiting around you.

The effect may be small compared to the weight of a planet.  But if mass were the important
property then fat people would be more important than thin people.

So how much you weigh, is not how we measure importance.   Don't let anyone suggest
earth is not significant.  The Cosmos orbits around you.