Ask a Time Traveller Anything

• 259 Replies
Re: Ask a Time Traveller Anything
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2015, 09:42:18 AM »
There are multiple issues with answering a question before you asked it. For one, you wouldn't know you'd asked the question, so what would the point be?
Secondly, there are problems with the kind of time travel used. Using my machine, I'd go back two days physically, and run into myself. We're still not certain what that form of paradox would cause: no one wants to test it. I have no recollection of it happening, so the future self who went back would end up disconnected: not part of any past events. It's more than a switch between worldlines. It could be dangerous.
When I was reliving the same two days, that was due to the time leap machine: it transports my mind into my past self, with a range of two days (any more may be fatal: my mind would be too different), so I could not reach my first post even if I had any desire to. The time leap machine has two primary uses. It's a research aid, to give me far more time to work things out, and an escape. The inventor of the D-mail system the machine was based on reportedly used it to evade CERN's Rounders in a previous worldline. It's a redo button, iff it can be reached. Currently it's set-up for emergency use only, in case we're discovered by CERN. It would take a lot to undo that, and I'd need to go through the motions of reliving this day, which right now would be too much work. The FG lab I'm currently working with is engaging in a lot of intensive work, to alter the future. There are only eight of us, it's a lot of work. Nostalgic, but hard. I don't want to relive a day unless it's vital.

Your language question is interesting, but I'm not sure how to answer. I'm not aware of when each word came into being. I'm unfamiliar with many of those terms, however, but bae I have heard used.
I've been told what I think of as the hummingbird effect is the butterfly effect in this time. That's one example. We also use a default pronoun 'ze/zim' for a singular, gender-neutral term. Those are the changes I've observed.
A 'Lin' is a romantic partner who's moved in, but no more. A 'chuuny' refers to a typically pretentious individual (I've used it a fair bit recently). Those are the words I know are newer, and that you'll have a reference for.
A net-point is a location where the internet can be accessed. There are just a handful. A 'flop' is a reference to a phenomenon, especially among teens, of anonymously publicizing a story from their life, with enough evidence to pass examination, but that embellishes specific details. It's hard to describe (I've heard older people call it a 'shop', I have no idea why).
Otherwise the best I can offer you is resistance slang. Circ (Rounder), rapsheet (to be a target of CERN), drasil (time machine).

There are definitely other words, I just don't know when they came into use. There's no globalization, like there is in your time: many words are only used in small areas.

?

guv

« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2015, 09:50:46 AM »
There are multiple issues with answering a question before you asked it. For one, you wouldn't know you'd asked the question, so what would the point be?
Secondly, there are problems with the kind of time travel used. Using my machine, I'd go back two days physically, and run into myself. We're still not certain what that form of paradox would cause: no one wants to test it. I have no recollection of it happening, so the future self who went back would end up disconnected: not part of any past events. It's more than a switch between worldlines. It could be dangerous.
When I was reliving the same two days, that was due to the time leap machine: it transports my mind into my past self, with a range of two days (any more may be fatal: my mind would be too different), so I could not reach my first post even if I had any desire to. The time leap machine has two primary uses. It's a research aid, to give me far more time to work things out, and an escape. The inventor of the D-mail system the machine was based on reportedly used it to evade CERN's Rounders in a previous worldline. It's a redo button, iff it can be reached. Currently it's set-up for emergency use only, in case we're discovered by CERN. It would take a lot to undo that, and I'd need to go through the motions of reliving this day, which right now would be too much work. The FG lab I'm currently working with is engaging in a lot of intensive work, to alter the future. There are only eight of us, it's a lot of work. Nostalgic, but hard. I don't want to relive a day unless it's vital.

Your language question is interesting, but I'm not sure how to answer. I'm not aware of when each word came into being. I'm unfamiliar with many of those terms, however, but bae I have heard used.
I've been told what I think of as the hummingbird effect is the butterfly effect in this time. That's one example. We also use a default pronoun 'ze/zim' for a singular, gender-neutral term. Those are the changes I've observed.
A 'Lin' is a romantic partner who's moved in, but no more. A 'chuuny' refers to a typically pretentious individual (I've used it a fair bit recently). Those are the words I know are newer, and that you'll have a reference for.
A net-point is a location where the internet can be accessed. There are just a handful. A 'flop' is a reference to a phenomenon, especially among teens, of anonymously publicizing a story from their life, with enough evidence to pass examination, but that embellishes specific details. It's hard to describe (I've heard older people call it a 'shop', I have no idea why).
Otherwise the best I can offer you is resistance slang. Circ (Rounder), rapsheet (to be a target of CERN), drasil (time machine).

There are definitely other words, I just don't know when they came into use. There's no globalization, like there is in your time: many words are only used in small areas.

So I can ask you anything? Got any more of that acid?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2015, 10:17:43 AM »

You have plenty of it on your tongue.  ;)

?

guv

« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2015, 10:42:05 AM »

You have plenty of it on your tongue.  ;)

If you want to be court jester septic, eat cement and harden up. Last time I had acid on my tongue was a lot of years ago. It was good, feel sorry for those that missed ihe 70's

« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2015, 12:17:11 PM »
You say going back physically is problematic but sending your mind back to hijack and merge commit with your younger mind is apparently A-OK. thats all you need to do is go back in your mind. I'll make a request and i wont edit this post, in your mind in the past two days include my request in your post and leave it unedited. you don't have to risk running into your other self because you can remember this request. When you do it, to me it will already have been done. I make the request and then I'll see that you already fulfilled it.

The request: picture of a hula hoop.

Thanks.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2015, 12:29:15 PM »
After reviewing your posts for the past few days and finding no hula hoop pictures, i can only assume i am not interacting with a time traveler or else there is absolutely no point in time traveling other than as an historian or observer, or to fulfill weird fetishes.

You're wasting your time here John Titor

« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2015, 12:42:43 PM »
You can ask me whatever you want, though I'm not sure what acid you're talking about.

You say going back physically is problematic but sending your mind back to hijack and merge commit with your younger mind is apparently A-OK. thats all you need to do is go back in your mind. I'll make a request and i wont edit this post, in your mind in the past two days include my request in your post and leave it unedited. you don't have to risk running into your other self because you can remember this request. When you do it, to me it will already have been done. I make the request and then I'll see that you already fulfilled it.
The time leap machine, strictly speaking, just transfers memories. It's an interesting device, probably the best thing the mother of time travel's come up with. It converts the memory center of my brain to a signal, and transmits it through a phone call sent the same way as a D-Mail. There's no opportunity for a duplicate or paradox: everything in existence has internal consistency, across worldlines. Physically meeting my past self does not.

As I prevously said, the time leap machine is not currently worth using. It has many benefits, but that which I have done over the last two days is incredibly complex, and I have no wish to redo it for the sake of proving a point to someone on an internet forum. It's entirely fine if you don't believe me, the fact you are spending time here will hopefully send out ripples.

« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2015, 12:58:16 PM »
Do you go in a dark closet, close your eyes, and squeeze your fists?

« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2015, 01:50:57 PM »
Do you go in a dark closet, close your eyes, and squeeze your fists?
The time leap machine? No, it's a simple headset meant to read brainwaves. That's connected to a computer, which interprets the readings, runs them through CERN (we've got a hacker on our team) to compress the data, and then sends the message through the phone that's plugged in to the phonewave, causing a phone call to the chosen number.

I have achieved quite a bit in this time, I just don't post all of it here.
Currently I'm working on adapting it so it can send my mind forwards in time. It's more a curiosity than anything: doing so would obviously be useless, with one exception. The time leap machine's been used, we've found it warm, and it hasn't been any member of the lab. I suspect it's someone from the future heading back, which in turn means they're hard to track down in the past: they might not have received those memories yet, so they won't know what's happening.

Just for reference, I'll let you know the team I'm a part of. No names, for obvious reasons. For the most part, we're a respectable organization: not the pseudoscience you appear to assume.
Member one, well, he is a bit useless. If chuuny ever referred to anyone, it's him. Still, he has a knack for remembering past worldlines, which I'm still studying. It's a useful technique. He has a few good inventions: including the D-mail machine.
Member two, young girl. If you want cosplay, she's useful. Less so for science. I'll admit, this isn't a great start: I think it started out as a social club.
Member three, my father, or he will be. Computer hacker. He got into CERN untraced, though they have a database we can't read without the IBM.
Member four. The mother of time travel in the future. I don't trust her, but she's good. Neuroscientist, did a PhD in where our memories are stored. Seems to study physics for fun (runs in the family, I gather).
Member five, I'm not sure about her. She texts rather than talks. She knows a lot about the IBM 5100 though, and we're working on obtaining one or, failing that, deducing the proprietary code. Apparently she was a Rounder in a past worldline, but she checks out here.
Member six, I met her in the future actually. Well, he in this time, I don't think she's out yet. When I knew her, she was a historian, and the best shot I ever knew.
Member seven, yeah, she's odd. She seems to enjoy cat impressions. Eccentricity aside, however, her connections are superb. Tech buff, and she inherited a business. If anything happens related to our interests anywhere in the world, it comes back to her.
Member eight, yours truly. Quite disturbing to go back in time and find yourself expected. He even knew my name. I don't tell anyone that.

Though you clearly do not believe me, the threat is real, and serious. Though the time leap machine is currently our only advantage, it's an impressive one to have in this time.

« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2015, 02:03:14 PM »
Well that was a terrifying two days.
The reason the time leap machine was warm? The woman who'll torture and kill our 'member one' who'll be one of the founding members of the resistance, in twenty years' time figured she'd save herself the trouble later on. She used the time leap machine: only lab mems knew about it, until she made him talk. She used it. It must have been ancient in her time: two day increments, over twenty years. Maybe more than that, if she had to track down her old phone numbers.
I can barely imagine it. She's been leaping for longer than I can imagine. She's four years old, in this time.
I tried to stop her. I couldn't.

It qualifies as an emergency. There's the redo you were after. You told me to say 482, FlatOrange, after we argued a little more. And a couple more joined in with numbers after that. 39 and 284.67, or something. Can't really remember the latter. That was BiJane and The Jafa. I can't remember which was which.
I don't know if those numbers have significance to you. It was probably pointless.

Anyway, the reason she attacked us is that we've been cooped up in this lab for so long, she couldn't get to the time leap machine since her last leap. She's definitely been here for more than two days.
We're planning a trap. I hope it will succeed, and if so we'll get more intel on CERN.
If not, this could be my last post.

I wish you the best for your future.

« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »

It qualifies as an emergency. There's the redo you were after. You told me to say 482, FlatOrange, after we argued a little more.

Well I admit this is fun but sadly I would've never chosen that number. I'll dissect my number choosing process for you.

I recite Pi often, it's a hit at parties. I choose all of my numbers based on strings found in Pi. While 482 does occur in the first 100 digits, it's definitely not where I would split the strings I like. Because at the time I memorized the first 100 my area code was 253. Following that 48 is (253) 421-1706 a legit Tacoma, WA phone number and a perfect ending to the first 100 digits (unless you get into whether you're counting after the decimal or w/e I throw in the 7 at the end because it sounds nice).

Preceding the 48 is the most beautiful string in the first 100 digits and it must end on the 8. It's repetitive and it's musical.
628 6208 998 628 0348

So there's why I would've never chosen that number and I promise you I would never throw myself off just to be a douche to someone.

« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2015, 02:37:53 PM »
we've got a hacker on our team

Oh and your language gives you away as nothing younger than a millennial. "Hacker" is so 2015  ;D

« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2015, 03:12:38 PM »
 ??? Now I'm not really sure who is the craziest here. Yes I've been quiet, but I've read everything so far. It's been really fun. Please, carry on. *Pops popcorn into mouth* Oh and don't die, Time Traveller!

« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2015, 03:39:31 PM »
I can give you my experience, in sending messages across worldlines. You never pick something obvious; pi, e, tau, phi, you never go for any of those. Anyone could guess them. (I did actually point that out to you. We had a few posts debating what kinds of messages could be sent back, it was fun. Something personal, but not embarassing. Not widely known etc).

We don't have hackers in my time, so I'm using the word I've heard used to refer to him. Actually the nickname is just 'hack', but he constantly corrects it. I've also seen it written as 'hacka' (prefaced by 'supa') but the head of this little team is quite a pretentious individual, so I do try to verify anything I hear from him. Hacker seems to be standard.
He's also an expert cryptographer, and rather athletic in my time. The later trait especially is one he'll hopefully gain later in life. For now, he's just a hacker. (And trying to hear more about what his mother looks like. He's not the kind of person you associate with relationships).

The trap's set. We've also gimmicked the time leap, in case she uses it. If I'm right about consistency, the non-existence of the time leap for her to come back to the future with should prevent her creating changes large enough to effect divergence in the present. That, however, is a last resort. It's useful to us as much as her.
Ideally, we'll be able to capture her. No matter her mind, her body's young.

Sorry, I needed to let it out. I've been involved in my share of resistance activities, I've had to kill and capture, but that's always with adults. She still looks like a child, it's disturbing.

Well, goodbye. Now, we wait.

« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2015, 04:36:46 PM »
I can give you my experience, in sending messages across worldlines. You never pick something obvious; pi, e, tau, phi, you never go for any of those. Anyone could guess them. (I did actually point that out to you. We had a few posts debating what kinds of messages could be sent back, it was fun. Something personal, but not embarassing. Not widely known etc).

We don't have hackers in my time, so I'm using the word I've heard used to refer to him. Actually the nickname is just 'hack', but he constantly corrects it. I've also seen it written as 'hacka' (prefaced by 'supa') but the head of this little team is quite a pretentious individual, so I do try to verify anything I hear from him. Hacker seems to be standard.
He's also an expert cryptographer, and rather athletic in my time. The later trait especially is one he'll hopefully gain later in life. For now, he's just a hacker. (And trying to hear more about what his mother looks like. He's not the kind of person you associate with relationships).

The trap's set. We've also gimmicked the time leap, in case she uses it. If I'm right about consistency, the non-existence of the time leap for her to come back to the future with should prevent her creating changes large enough to effect divergence in the present. That, however, is a last resort. It's useful to us as much as her.
Ideally, we'll be able to capture her. No matter her mind, her body's young.

Sorry, I needed to let it out. I've been involved in my share of resistance activities, I've had to kill and capture, but that's always with adults. She still looks like a child, it's disturbing.

Well, goodbye. Now, we wait.

Pi is irrational, literally every string of numbers is found in Pi.

Your stupidity is showing; better travel back in time and make yourself look smart for another worldline

« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2015, 05:36:11 PM »
Pi is irrational, literally every string of numbers is found in Pi.

Your stupidity is showing; better travel back in time and make yourself look smart for another worldline
Pi is transcendental, yes, but it's also worth pointing out that while 31415 is associated with pi, anything after, say, a hundred digits is not commonly associated with pi. That was the point I sought to make.

Also, a minor correction. It's a common misapprehension that every string of numbers is found in pi, but that isn't actually necessarily true. Pi goes on forever without repeating, yes, but there are two degrees of infinity. There could be aleph zero digits of pi, but there are aleph one possible combinations of numbers (as those combinations can be rewritten as the real numbers from 0 to 1 simply by putting 0 point at the start, which Cantor proved to have aleph one entries).
For example, using just 0 and 1 you can create an infinite, non-repeating series.
0, 01, 011, 0110, 01101, 011010...
Put all of those together, you get 001011011001101011010. If you want to show off, put the entire sequence before you add the next digit, you will double its length each time but, due to the extra added digit, you'll never repeat. You can go on forever never repeating never even using 2...9.
0 01 0011 00100110 0010011001001101 00100110010011000100110010011010 0010011001001100010011001001101001001100100110001001100100110100...
It's clear how that can be extended to go on forever, so long as you add the inconsistent digit. There are an infinite number of ways to arrange 0 and 1, just as there are to arrange 0...9: so just because something goes on forever without repeating doesn't mean it can get to every possibility. It could get by never using those numbers.

Thanks for the distraction though, it's been a while since I've had a chance to just play with numbers.

No sign of her yet.

« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2015, 06:05:27 PM »
EDIT
I should point out, for completeness, that pi may contain all finite strings of numbers, as Cantor only applies when you can use infinitely long strings, but while it may be possible, that doesn't make it true. The number 7 could never appear after the googolth digit, and it would still be infinite and non-repeating.

You probably weren't interested in all of this, I apologize. Surveilling is remarkably dull.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2015, 06:18:52 PM »
Well, she's a four year old with the mind of an adult. I imagine it'll be hard.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2015, 06:57:50 AM »
Hououin Kyoma!
To a flat earth theorist, being a "skeptic" is to have confirmation bias.
Just because I'm a genius doesn't mean I know everything.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2015, 04:09:10 PM »
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2015, 04:38:30 PM »
If O had to ask something to someone who can travel in time, apart from how to build a time machine, and the obvious questions on technological level, I would ask what are the politics and ideology of the future? Not only at a goverment level, but what do people believe? What do people want? What do people do for it? Society status is interesting, as well. What is acceptable? What isnt? What do people do in order to find hope? What hobbies, or dreams people have?
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2015, 04:31:25 PM »
Well, she's a four year old with the mind of an adult. I imagine it'll be hard.
You'd be surprised. She has all the training of an elite Rounder, and she's used to fighting foes larger than she is. I've had to learn a great deal of self-offense, a lot comes down to who you're fighting.
Numbers won out in the end, but it wasn't as easy as you'd think. Now we just need to pray we don't get a visitor wondering why we've got a child locked up.

Hououin Kyoma!
How do you know that name?

apart from how to build a time machine, and the obvious questions on technological level
The technology and background knowledge to build a time machine for physical travel doesn't currently exist, outside of the LHC. However, I have made another thread in Science and Alternative Science for how a primitive time machine can be built in this time, to send data such as texts and emails back in time. I'm with the inventor of that protochine at the moment. It's also the basis of the time leap machine, though that is far more advanced.

what are the politics and ideology of the future? Not only at a goverment level, but what do people believe? What do people want? What do people do for it?
At the government level, everything is state-run, and CERN unofficially rules each government. They have a representative that gives their desire, officially as an opinion, but no one is going to dare go out against them or question them. That being said, their main interests are political: they don't comment on other legislation.
Currency has been abolished, replaced by a system where each individual has a certain amount of merit. That entitles them to a certain amount of a certain kind of commodity. (For example, each week I could afford eight basic things, like foodstuffs or clothing, four high-end basics, so higher quality or less common. Finally, I could get two luxuries: optional possessions, like books).
CERN was behind that system. It did away with international debt (there was disagreement, though no one wanted to question them). Now everything is strictly an internal matter. It's rare for someone to leave the city they were born in, unless they're in the resistance: we have to flee often. I don't know of anyone born after EntrückungNacht who's left the landmass though.

On a personal level, religion is still fairly common, though social attitude has shifted to what you would call liberal. Discrimination exists, but it's much less ingrained or societal as it is in your time. Most landmarks you'd be familiar with happened before I was born. After international travel stopped, we still got news from other nations, so I know the final few changes happened then. Without America's influence, for example, same-sex marriage became legal throughout Africa. That's one issue I think you'd be familiar with: I wasn't aware it had been too much of a debate, but the noise I've heard about it recently implies otherwise.
Small-scale social changes are put to a vote by the official heads of each state (one person can represent more than one state, it depends how populated those areas are: they gather together in regions). If the CERN representative has anything to say, that's what happens. Otherwise the public are allowed a vote, though it's only on social issues that are irrelevant to CERN. Anything financial or scientific is out of our control. We can't ask for more net-points, or better networking, or a better merit system.
The last vote was several years ago, for me. It was on non-necessary healthcare: most people are entitled to a certain number of surgeries a year (I just get one. Higher ups have dozens), in addition to life-or-ability saving operations. The vote was on whether more elite figures with access to many surgeries a year could take a cosmetic or otherwise unnecessary operation, and then undo it not long after, putting the hours of work of the surgeon to waste, especially if the surgery was just for a fashion statement.
It's not a huge issue, but the cosmetic controversy was quite widely talked about, on far more than just that case.
That's a small taste of the future, at least.

As for what people do for what they want, nothing. They're too afraid. They might talk about a few issues, but except for the minor votes handed down to placate the masses, we don't get a voice, and no one wants to protest against people that can wipe you off the map.
No one cares. It's one of the worst things about my time. No matter if they care about what's under vote or not, win or lose they barely react. People believe many things, people want many things, but they don't care about any of it. There's no caring in that kind of system: where you're told what your merit is, and trusted only with trivialities.

Society status is interesting, as well. What is acceptable? What isnt? What do people do in order to find hope?
People don't find hope. There is none. The resistance isn't a group of angry citizens, it's a few older people who remember the time before, and the younger (often relatives) who listened. Everyone else is apathetic. Beaten.
People just live their lives. They work, hope to be promoted and get better merit, then go home. Maybe they find hope in their routine, or at least comfort. I wouldn't know.
Unproductiveness, rebellion against CERN are unacceptable. I'm not sure what you mean by acceptable. Socially, many of our crimes are similar. Murder, rape, theft, fraud. They happen rarely, but they're punished when they do. Otherwise, it's acceptable to be any race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, to be polyamorous... Disability is less common, both mental and physical, medical science has advanced, and while legally the ill are still looked after, many frown on them: they get merit for doing nothing.
There is some good, but it's outweighed. Accepted is nothing more than the apathy that chokes everything.

What hobbies, or dreams people have?
They don't have dreams, and not many hobbies are available. Books are fairly common, some people treat themselves with the internet every few days, and there are a few bars which host Recounts: rules for a fantasy world are set down, and people pretend to live in it for a night, or multiple nights a week, to see what happens. They're quite fun. One of my hideouts was in the basement of a Recounting bar, I visited a little.
There are artists, but their work doesn't really get published. It goes to CERN, if it's liked by any executive (rarely) and may get them a bit more merit.

Thank you for the interesting question, let me know if you want any more details.

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2015, 08:25:18 AM »
Hououin Kyoma!

Do you remember him? You might know him better as Rintarou Okabe, unless he never told you of his real name.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:26:55 AM by Jet Fission »
To a flat earth theorist, being a "skeptic" is to have confirmation bias.
Just because I'm a genius doesn't mean I know everything.

« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2015, 01:34:09 PM »
Hououin Kyoma!

Do you remember him? You might know him better as Rintarou Okabe, unless he never told you of his real name.

Ah yes, was he the one who was especially fond of Dr. Pepper?

« Reply #144 on: July 09, 2015, 05:39:54 PM »
Hououin Kyoma!

Ah yes, was he the one who was especially fond of Dr. Pepper?

How are you aware of that information and name?

It's interesting. Recognizable, but not completely accurate. Did the past Titor go into that amount of detail? I doubt they would give a legal name, even ciphered like that.

In other news, our prisoner has spoken. I don't know whether to believe her, but I can verify some of the information she gave. I should be back soon, assuming nothing goes wrong during my time travel.

« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2015, 12:27:01 PM »
I do really need an answer. How are you aware of the name Okabe? It's not correct enough to lead back to me, but it's recognizable, and if there's an information leak  then it could eventually give my position away. I can't afford to be found, nor can those I work with.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2015, 02:19:08 PM »
I do really need an answer. How are you aware of the name Okabe? It's not correct enough to lead back to me, but it's recognizable, and if there's an information leak  then it could eventually give my position away. I can't afford to be found, nor can those I work with.
Can't you wear a disguise to stop you being found?

I once wore a large hat and glasses with a large overcoat. I didn't get recognised and managed to buy a packet of ribbed durex from my local chemist without feeling embarrassed.
It'll probably work if the time police are after you.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2015, 02:45:35 PM »
Does Okabe happen to have something to do with a fastener company?
First thing I could find.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2015, 05:33:51 PM »
Black holes, quarks, plank lengths, nanoparticles etc. are not real. They are a fantasy, just like Einstein's Theory of  Relativity.

All can be explained with basic magnetism. The mystery of light being sucked into black holes ... obects revolving around nothing...explained away with galactic magnetism. Viola.

CERN is powerless.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:38:18 PM by GreatandWiseTrixie »
The Truth = Illuminati is Illuminati is Illuminati is Illuminati - Confirmed.

« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2015, 06:05:27 PM »
Can't you wear a disguise to stop you being found?
Very amusing. It is my location that I'm worried about. They don't know what I look like, I hope, but I am working with a group that already has a time machine. That knowledge could set CERN ahead, if it wasn't what happened, in which case it could be instrumental in their rise to power. Either way, I can't afford any of this knowledge to fall into their hands. The only information I have shared either relies on knowledge they don't yet have, or is something they already know.
I'm not worried about time police, I'm worried about CERN.

Does Okabe happen to have something to do with a fastener company?
First thing I could find.
Not to my knowledge. Okabe is not his real name, which I am glad of, but the full name given is similar enough to make me suspicious. Rintarou Okabe. I'm glad it's not enough to identify him and, by extension, the rest of us, but it's hard not to be afraid. Information like that should not be out there.

CERN is powerless.
I can promise you that's not true. I have experienced their tyranny first hand.