Ask a Time Traveller Anything

• 259 Replies

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: Ask a Time Traveller Anything
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2015, 05:58:50 PM »
For a time traveler your language definitely sounds very 2015.  Language evolves fast you know.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Itchy_Arris

• Infinite Earth Movement Leader
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2015, 11:10:58 PM »
For a time traveler your language definitely sounds very 2015.  Language evolves fast you know.

I don't talk any differently than I did in 1994. That's the same timescale. Your grasping at straws and this guy is clearly the real deal. He's Doctor Who.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:12:58 PM by Itchy_Arris »
What goes up, must come down.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2015, 11:21:44 PM »

I don't talk any differently than I did in 1994. That's the same timescale. Your grasping at straws and this guy is clearly the real deal. He's Doctor Who.

No, it's not the same time scale.  He claims to be born in 2030 and assuming he is at least 20 years old that means he is supposedly from 35 years in the future.  That is the same time scale as between the 80's and today.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2015, 11:27:31 PM »

No, it's not the same time scale.  He claims to be born in 2030 and assuming he is at least 20 years old that means he is supposedly from 35 years in the future.  That is the same time scale as between the 80's and today.

I didn't talk any different in the 80s either. It only seems like a long time to you because your a kid. You dig it?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2015, 12:29:58 AM »

I didn't talk any different in the 80s either. It only seems like a long time to you because your a kid. You dig it?

That doesn't change the fact that he making claims that contradict the laws of physics.  He is also saying that the Earth is round, so if you believe him you sort of have to believe round Earth.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2015, 01:30:07 AM »
How does the environment know how to observe a set of numbers you plug into your machine to be able to determine how far in time it goes back, or forward?

You see: it's like the reverse of going to bed and setting your alarm clock to wake you up the next morning. You sleep while the alarm clock numbers advance towards your set alarm time.

In your mind, you time travel by setting your alarm clock to advance or retreat the world around you, into a supposed future or a history, as if digital or even pointed numbers can have some effect on changing things to an exact time.
I wonder if that time machine clock takes in daylight changes and leap years, etc?

If people are clued up, I'm sure they will understand that TIME is a man made concept. It's a mechanical aid to keep us in an orderly fashion as we deteriorate, bodily.

There is no time in reality. There is no forward or backward time. We live in the NOW at all mechanical times created for us. We cannot advance time, nor can we retract it for it to have any significance on our well being.

I'm open to a lot of things but time travel is not one of them. I understand the concepts that scientists make for time travel being possible but they are simply fantasy thoughts, which in all fairness are interesting, all the same.

So let me tell you something, John. If you were a real time traveler, you wouldn't be wasting your time on forums playing guessing games with people. You would either show it to be true by telling a few immediate truths about the immediate future...and when I say immediate, I mean in the next few days or week.
This way, people would know whether you are the real deal or not.

Simply mentioning things well into the future, gives you plenty of time to reel off a lot of stuff...some of it would naturally work out. We could all do that.
When you get things wrong you can blame it on the butterfly effect or whatever.

It's not much different to how bogus fortune tellers make their money and all of the other's that do similar type stuff.

Time travel?....the only time travel getting done is a clock hand moving around a face that we observe as seconds/minutes/hours. That's as far as we get.
The only change to you as a person when this happens s by your own movements by showering, eating and changing clothes, to travel to work or the shops, etc.

Time travel in a truer sense is for those who move whilst wearing a man made time piece.
Time travel into the future of history is nice to think about but impossible to implement. Tomorrow never comes and yesterday never physically existed.

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »
It seems strange that CERN would be such an authoritarian regime. Scientists are generally a liberal bunch. What went wrong?
They gained power that they were not suited to use, and abused it. Maybe they think their intentions were for the best: everyone else in the world disagrees.

Have you ever heard of Taured?
Never.

I wouldn't know. I've had to research multiple idioms I've seen here, and I'm trying to avoid similar phrases in my own words. I can't say how similar my language is, I haven't had any real basis with which to compare. From what I have seen however, you seem especially closed-minded towards my claims: which is fine, I don't expect everyone to believe me, but your opinion is not an objective truth.

That doesn't change the fact that he making claims that contradict the laws of physics. 
What laws would those be? Where I come from several laws are more clearly defined (such as string theory and dark matter). The only contradictions are the laws that are, at present, falsely defined or hastily reached.

How does the environment know how to observe a set of numbers you plug into your machine to be able to determine how far in time it goes back, or forward?
I don't plug in numbers: I set the magnets to a specific intensity and duration, and that's what does the work. It's the same as applying a force to a static object. The intensity and duration I arrive at through calculation, for smoothest and fastest ride possible: while I could alter just the duration or just the intensity, it wouldn't be safe. In the early days of time travel, those who went too hastily have never been seen again, perhaps thrown from the machine in transit. As for long term travel, no one is conscious during the transition. I don't know why, it just never happens; the instant the resonance starts, I'm out like a bug. I remember a story, that might be a myth, of someone who came back after a long transition, only to be raving and insane.
I do put a lot of work into arriving at the intensity and length of any journey.

If people are clued up, I'm sure they will understand that TIME is a man made concept.
Everything is a constructed concept, but they are concepts made to enable understanding of existence. Time is just another dimension: casually, another direction.

If you were a real time traveler, you wouldn't be wasting your time on forums playing guessing games with people. You would either show it to be true by telling a few immediate truths about the immediate future...and when I say immediate, I mean in the next few days or week.
I'm doing much more than what you see here. I am following multiple leads, noting down what I can find on the internet (a research tool my time has no access to) on strategic locations and possible weapons, in case the resistance will still need to fight. I have noted down major figures in CERN, and I am learning their history: if it's needed we can prevent the organization ever existing.
This forum is only one of my endeavors. It will be more open to the absurd than most, and I may be able to change the actions of a handful of people. The hummingbird effect will then take hold.

There are many theories on how to bypass 1% divergence. I'm going for the brute force approach: we'll see about alternatives.

I don't need to be accepted as genuine, it's fine if you reject me. As for making predictions, I honestly wouldn't know. Time travel isn't accurate enough to get me to the exact week/month I want, especially on long jumps: in addition, the net in my time barely exists, and historical data is lacking, hard to find, and otherwise useless. The only long term results I know are tragedies: President Sanders may be one prediction like you wish, if there are any candidates by that name, but I don't know the details. He could be VP who took over, someone who hasn't yet come onto the scene, a descendant or relative, someone who took the surname (without the hyphen, as I think is common in this time) of an existing person... And, if I am successful, those tragedies won't happen, so the related predictions may also not.

I honestly hope you never believe what I have to say. That would mean I succeeded.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2015, 01:32:01 PM »
Maybe you should get a college degree and sabotage CERN from the inside, in the past. Can they send black holes back in time?
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2015, 01:34:34 PM »
Maybe you should get a college degree and sabotage CERN from the inside, in the past. Can they send black holes back in time?

Not to my knowledge. The aiming alone would be nearly impossible.

That would take years, and depends on far too many variables. My hope is to get the computer that can read CERN's encrypted files, and then use those histories to dismantle them piece by piece. If that fails, I will resort to assassination: that attempt ies less likely to work, from what we know of 1% divergence, but it's a hope.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2015, 02:14:56 PM »
Here are instances where your claims contradicted the laws of physics:

Black holes that are big enough to suck in people and buildings are big enough to fall to the center of the Earth and suck the Earth in from the inside.  Black holes fall just like every other object so this would happen very quickly after it is formed.  The only way I can think of to combat this is if CERN had some sort of remote levitation technology, but if they had that then what would they need black holes for?

The International Space Station cannot survive reentry, and even if it could with this v-pulse technology it would not be going fast enough to do much damage.

The International Space Station can lower it's orbit and prevent terrorists from docking to it if necessary.

In order to destroy even a single building, a black hole must have a mass of hundreds of millions of tons.  Where would all that mass come from?  Does CERN pick up mountains and compress them into black holes which magically disappear without being effected by Earth's gravity?

All the laws of physics you claims are breaking are well defined laws of motion, not stuff like dark matter which hardly anything is known about.

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2015, 04:05:43 PM »
Black holes that are big enough to suck in people and buildings are big enough to fall to the center of the Earth and suck the Earth in from the inside.  Black holes fall just like every other object so this would happen very quickly after it is formed. The only way I can think of to combat this is if CERN had some sort of remote levitation technology, but if they had that then what would they need black holes for?
I'm not sure if I've ever said CERN levelled buildings with black holes. Their black holes were products of the LHC: they were microscopic. It was only being forced to a certain location that made them harmful: they took in their immediate surroundings. However, the mass of one human is not enough for the black hole to remain: they collapsed in on themselves the moment they had nothing else to take in.
I am also curious as to what kind of weapon you believe levitation could be, in comparison to the capailities of black holes.

The International Space Station cannot survive reentry, and even if it could with this v-pulse technology it would not be going fast enough to do much damage.
I am honestly not sure what this is, except closed-mindedness. There is no drag and no air resistance, due to the v-pulses, as I have explained. The velocity is purely the acceleration due to gravity, with next to nothing removed.

The International Space Station can lower it's orbit and prevent terrorists from docking to it if necessary.
No one was aware of the terrorists until after it had fallen. They'd stowed away on a planned british mission.

It's fine if you don't believe me, really. I'm not particularly interested in getting into an argument: you're clearly struggling to keep track of what I've said actually happened. I just ask you to open your mind, and not be unwilling to accept anything beyond your preconceptions. This is for your good, not mine: your choices should have little effect on me. From my contact with you however, you seem to favor being bloody-minded for the sake of it.
There is nothing wrong with being sceptical, certainly, but don't be so antagonistic you refuse to consider anything.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »
It should also be able to take in the air around it and it would also fall through the ground and consume the Earth if it lasted for more then a second.  You are also overestimating Hawking Radiation, it is not so fast that it will caused a human mass to disappear in a fraction of a second.  The black hole would still have to have a lot of gravity to kill someone because the gravity of a few particles wouldn't even be able to suck in a few atoms before Hawking Radiation got the better of it.  To suck in a person it would still have to have at least 10 million tons of mass.

I am also curious as to what kind of weapon you believe levitation could be, in comparison to the capailities of black holes.

You could mess around with enemy machines, detonate nukes, assemble previously unobtainable molecules, propel objects into space using only machines on the ground, drop mountains on cities, build structures bigger then ever imagined, ect.

I am honestly not sure what this is, except closed-mindedness. There is no drag and no air resistance, due to the v-pulses, as I have explained. The velocity is purely the acceleration due to gravity, with next to nothing removed.

Again, that is breaking the laws of physics.  The action of pushing away air molecules must have an equal and opposite reaction of slowing down the station.

No one was aware of the terrorists until after it had fallen. They'd stowed away on a planned british mission.

You cannot just stow away on a rocket.  Even if the pilots of the rocket were in on it, it would still require the cooperation of the hundreds of thousands of people who built the rocket, loaded the rocket, and planned the mission.  Space agencies work with military like precision which is why nobody in all of history has ever stowed away on a rocket.  The only way this would be possible is if the original pilots of the ship were to have done it, but they would still have to sneak the v-pulses on the ship which is almost as impossible as stowing away on a rocket.

It's fine if you don't believe me, really. I'm not particularly interested in getting into an argument: you're clearly struggling to keep track of what I've said actually happened. I just ask you to open your mind, and not be unwilling to accept anything beyond your preconceptions. This is for your good, not mine: your choices should have little effect on me. From my contact with you however, you seem to favor being bloody-minded for the sake of it.
There is nothing wrong with being sceptical, certainly, but don't be so antagonistic you refuse to consider anything.

Yes, I am very skeptical.  This is the internet where there are trolls almost everywhere you look.  There is a ton of incorrect information on the internet, and so you need to be skeptical as to not be fooled.  You are making an insane claim: that you are a time traveler from the future, so you can't blame me for not immediately trusting you.  I think that it's more likely that you are a troll then it is that you are a time traveler.

Now surely if you are a real time traveler you would have studied the time period you are going to or brought some record of history, so tell me one noteworthy thing that happens in 2015 after today.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 12:13:36 PM by mikeman7918 »

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2015, 02:40:11 AM »
It should also be able to take in the air around it and it would also fall through the ground and consume the Earth if it lasted for more then a second.
It might do. In my experience however, that is simply not enough for them to remain. As the only one here with direct, empirical evidence of the properties of black holes, as opposed to the strictly theoretical model you possess, this seems a case where your current knowledge is incomplete.

The action of pushing away air molecules must have an equal and opposite reaction of slowing down the station.
I'm not sure what you're saying. There can't be an equal and opposite reaction between two things which do not interact: unless you're talking about the pulse itself, and some of the air pushed upwards, which does happen (and was one of the reasons the ISS was in pieces), but it would be highly dissipated as it was forced outwards, and spread apart.

You cannot just stow away on a rocket.  Even if the pilots of the rocket were in on it, it would still require the cooperation of the hundreds of thousands of people who built the rocket, loaded the rocket, and planned the mission.  Space agencies work with military like precision which is why nobody in all of history has ever stowed away on a rocket.  The only way this would be possible is if the original pilots of the ship were to have done it, but they would still have to sneak the v-pulses on the ship which is almost as impossible as stowing away on a rocket.
People can be paid off or deceived. Just because a powerful organization doesn't want you to do something, doesn't mean it can't be done. That's why I'm here, after all. The weight difference didn't matter: the fuel (for example) was meant to support a mission to and from the ISS. I think they were going to repair a satellite, actually: they just needed to dock first to pick up tools. By the time they worked out what had happened, it was too late.
Don't apply idealized forms of current affairs to the future.

Now surely if you are a real time traveler you would have studied the time period you are going to or brought some record of history, so tell me one noteworthy thing that happens in 2015 after today.
As I have explained, that kind of research was almost impossible: and even if it were possible, I have no reason to do so. It doesn't matter to me whether or not I am believed. I know several major historical events, and they're what I'm trying to prevent.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2015, 04:05:33 AM »
Mikeman you believe humans are infested by "spirits" from another dimension.

Frankly this time-traveller is more credible than you.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2015, 05:07:10 AM »
A Space shuttles have been decommissioned for a while now. Those things are not gonna be flying again.

B The other capsules that do go up do not have stow away space. This means that you are either sitting right next to the crew going up, or in a cargo compartment that is not pressurized.

C Every gram is counted in the capsules, to stow an extra 80kg (a person) means you have to leave another 80kg behind. There is more that just 1 team you are going to have to bribe.
Packing cargo in the space vehicles is not the same as packing your car boot for a holiday. There is lots fragile experiments, by different teams usually going up. Each item going up a has team of people ensuring it is packed according to their specification. Lots of people, eventually the space launch provider has to be bribed in its entirety.

D Thank you for having me read up on black holes. The minimum size of a black hole is about 10^16kg. This is about 100 000km cube of water. That is a very large mass, and I think someone would notice it. However this is for a stable black hole. Smaller ones are allowed but will evaporate very quickly releasing all their mass as radiation. So according to you, they will be able to direct miniature back holes that will be too small to kill anyone from its gravitational force, but actually kill them through radiation. If they are large enough to kill through the gravitational pull they would destroy entire city blocks/cities through radiation. I find that an interesting weapon.

E CERN acronym in french for European Organization for Nuclear Research What is their hypothesis in creating black holes to kill people? In your stories I dont see why they would still be called CERN

Ill leave these here for you for now, everything you say leaves way more questions than answers.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Misero

« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2015, 06:19:13 AM »
There is actually a helpful program called virtualbox with which you can create virtual computers. If you were to find a disk image for the computer you needed, it would emulate it. It's free by the way, and if the world is at stake, piracy is the least of your worries.

Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2015, 09:52:52 AM »
Space shuttles have been decommissioned for a while now. Those things are not gonna be flying again.
They are British shuttles, not NASA shuttles. They can be rebuilt: I think they were based upon the NASA model, for repeated flight, though I can't be sure offhand.

Every gram is counted in the capsules, to stow an extra 80kg (a person) means you have to leave another 80kg behind. There is more that just 1 team you are going to have to bribe.
Packing cargo in the space vehicles is not the same as packing your car boot for a holiday. There is lots fragile experiments, by different teams usually going up. Each item going up a has team of people ensuring it is packed according to their specification. Lots of people, eventually the space launch provider has to be bribed in its entirety.
I don't know the details of a terrorist plot. Your information may be somewhat outdated, and bribery is not necessarily required. Further, it would always be possible to, if they can sneak in, to sneak some equipment off.

Smaller ones are allowed but will evaporate very quickly releasing all their mass as radiation. So according to you, they will be able to direct miniature back holes that will be too small to kill anyone from its gravitational force, but actually kill them through radiation. If they are large enough to kill through the gravitational pull
I'm not sure what you're saying. Black holes, even small ones, have an extreme gravitational pull: they last only so long as they have masses in order to survive.

CERN acronym in french for European Organization for Nuclear Research What is their hypothesis in creating black holes to kill people? In your stories I dont see why they would still be called CERN
They are no longer researchers. The term CERN is certainly a relic, and there are a number of less flattering names which you don't want to be caught uttering. Publicly however, they call themselves CERN as opposed to any insulting or threatenining monikers.

Ill leave these here for you for now, everything you say leaves way more questions than answers.
I am aware of that, and I apologize. What I say comes after decades of scientific research and world revolutions, it is hard to explain each step.

?

Itchy_Arris

« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2015, 10:24:28 AM »
So, at some point in the next 15-20 years, Britain (for some reason) starts building space shuttles. Since space exploration is a very low priority for the government, this seems extremely unlikely. And we don't have the money.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »
Space shuttles have been decommissioned for a while now. Those things are not gonna be flying again.
They are British shuttles, not NASA shuttles. They can be rebuilt: I think they were based upon the NASA model, for repeated flight, though I can't be sure offhand.
To your credit, the brits have a Skylon project. It is no where close to flying and will not be remotely based in the Space Shuttle design.
FYI, the space shuttle was a great experiment to show how not to go into space. No one will easily model that again unless cost is no longer an issue. Reusable rockets and capsules are the new thought to space travel.

Every gram is counted in the capsules, to stow an extra 80kg (a person) means you have to leave another 80kg behind. There is more that just 1 team you are going to have to bribe.
I don't know the details of a terrorist plot. Your information may be somewhat outdated, and bribery is not necessarily required. Further, it would always be possible to, if they can sneak in, to sneak some equipment off.

As long as it is going to cost million of Dollars to get things into space, no one is just going to chuck stuff into a rocket and hope it gets there. My information is not outdated for today. So unless your telling me that going into space becomes as easy as going on holiday your story has a plot hole.

Smaller ones are allowed but will evaporate very quickly releasing all their mass as radiation. So according to you, they will be able to direct miniature back holes that will be too small to kill anyone from its gravitational force, but actually kill them through radiation. If they are large enough to kill through the gravitational pull
I'm not sure what you're saying. Black holes, even small ones, have an extreme gravitational pull: they last only so long as they have masses in order to survive.

For a time traveler you dont seem very clued up on what a black hole is. A tiny black hole that can suck anything up needs massive mass. If it is too small it will not be able to overcome van der waals forces of the surrounding matter and be able to suck anything in. As previously asked, where does this mass come from? Then when the black hole "disappears" where does that mass go? That mass needs to go somewhere. Current theory has it that the mass radiates out as hawkings radiation. If you turn just a little mass into pure radiation/energy you get a massive amount of energy. Turning 10^16kg into pure energy (to make your black hole disappear) will be enough to vaporize up the planet.

The issue with your black holes are.
 - to create a basic one you need lots of mass
 - to make one disappear the mass needs to go somewhere

Your physics needs to explain a lot more. Just saying random stuff wont work

If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2015, 12:17:48 PM »
So, at some point in the next 15-20 years, Britain (for some reason) starts building space shuttles. Since space exploration is a very low priority for the government, this seems extremely unlikely. And we don't have the money.
When NASA is shut down (at some point in the next few years), the astrophysicists join the burgeoning british program. The Mars missions are successful: and the british program also invest in reuseable craft (I may be wrong to call them shuttles: shuttles were the first example of reuseable craft I saw in a search engine, and the design is ostensibly similar. I don't know about the interior) to send crews to the ISS.

As long as it is going to cost million of Dollars to get things into space, no one is just going to chuck stuff into a rocket and hope it gets there.
When the means to get to space already exists, the difficulty is in stealth, not science. They could, for example, have removed objects from on board the craft, they could have impersonated the pilots. I don't know every detail offhand.

As previously asked, where does this mass come from? Then when the black hole "disappears" where does that mass go?
It comes from the LHC. Even in this time it's apparently known that it can produce microscopic black holes.
You're relying on incomplete science, apologies, I should have noticed. This is related to string theory: all matter is made up of strings, which exist in all twenty six dimensions. Hawking radiation, as you call it (I'm not certain that's what it is, I've never heard that time: if you mean the output of a black hole, then it may be that), occurs in each of those dimensions. Its rate is far greater than you suppose, but its detectable output is far less.

Misero

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2015, 12:19:38 PM »
Well, possibly the same technology that makes the time machine adjust for the earth's movement.

« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2015, 12:25:36 PM »
Well, possibly the same technology that makes the time machine adjust for the earth's movement.

The stabilizers are nothing more than glorified sticking tape: they rely on molecular magnetism in order to keep the machine in close proximity to a chosen string of matter. The time machine goes back in time by being forced along a string (at least, mine is), the stabilizers just make sure the string exists in the lower three dimensions as well.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2015, 12:32:55 PM »
It might do. In my experience however, that is simply not enough for them to remain. As the only one here with direct, empirical evidence of the properties of black holes, as opposed to the strictly theoretical model you possess, this seems a case where your current knowledge is incomplete.

I am talking about gravity, which is very well understood and only breaks down once you start talking about the inside of the black hole.  That doesn't matter though because once an object is inside a black hole it's not ever coming back anyway.  A black hole the size of the ones created by CERN would be unlikely to even sick in a single electron before they evaporate.  In order to suck in something the size of a human you would need tens of millions of tons of mass in the black hole.  It's gravity is what sucks things in, and that means it needs a lot of mass to do much of anything.

I'm not sure what you're saying. There can't be an equal and opposite reaction between two things which do not interact: unless you're talking about the pulse itself, and some of the air pushed upwards, which does happen (and was one of the reasons the ISS was in pieces), but it would be highly dissipated as it was forced outwards, and spread apart.

The v-pulses clearly interact with the air, if they didn't then they wouldn't be able to effect how the air moves around the station.

People can be paid off or deceived. Just because a powerful organization doesn't want you to do something, doesn't mean it can't be done. That's why I'm here, after all. The weight difference didn't matter: the fuel (for example) was meant to support a mission to and from the ISS. I think they were going to repair a satellite, actually: they just needed to dock first to pick up tools. By the time they worked out what had happened, it was too late.
Don't apply idealized forms of current affairs to the future.

I wonder how much you would need to pay the pilots of the mission to do a suicide mission like that.  Also, why would they need to go to the station to pick up tools?  The mass of fuel it takes to dock is greater then the mass of the tools, so that's not practical at all.

Misero

« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
What kind of chemical reaction is taking place in a v-pulse? Or is it electric?

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2015, 12:51:09 PM »
That doesn't matter though because once an object is inside a black hole it's not ever coming back anyway.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. The object will come back in terms of raw components (emergy/matter).

A black hole the size of the ones created by CERN would be unlikely to even sick in a single electron before they evaporate.  In order to suck in something the size of a human you would need tens of millions of tons of mass in the black hole. 
I'm sorry, but that's simply untrue. Black holes draw in their immediate neighborhoods: especially if they are pushed to exist within matter. They will take in what they touch, which will let them live long enough to take in the object already accelerating towards it.

The v-pulses clearly interact with the air, if they didn't then they wouldn't be able to effect how the air moves around the station.
I never said the v-pulses didn't interact with the air, I said they didn't interact with the station. The v-pulses act on the air before the station reaches that point. I have asked you before to take in what I am saying, and not ignore it in favor of something that may more easily be rejected. If there is no way that you will ever believe me, that's fine, but in that case there is no point in asking me your questions. You will accept no answers.

I wonder how much you would need to pay the pilots of the mission to do a suicide mission like that.
If the pilots were present, I doubt they knew. They'd never leave the flight chairs though, they couldn't interfere.

Also, why would they need to go to the station to pick up tools?  The mass of fuel it takes to dock is greater then the mass of the tools, so that's not practical at all.
It would depend on the tools.

The reaction is chemical, started with a sufficient impact or electrical current. The chemical is Nicarhydrozone. I can't remember the exact chemical make-up without a reference, it's an unholy combination of compounds. Sulfur, hydrogen, carbon, a lot of oxygen and nitrogen. The impact jolts the molecules, and the speed at which they separate is what causes the  blastwave: you're left with each component gas. (Hydrogen, sulfur and carbon dioxide, nitrogen, oxygen, and a little water). They're so sparse however they barely register: it's how the nickname (v for vacuum) arose.

Misero

« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2015, 01:01:27 PM »
Could such reactions be scaled up?

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2015, 02:48:34 PM »
Could such reactions be scaled up?

In a way. Beyond a certain mass, however, only a certain depth can be set off by impact, so the outer rim would disperse and an instant later, set off the inside. However, that couldn't increase the size: the most you could get would be a little more duration. In addition, it starts to cancel itself out, if it gets too large.
Nicarhydrozone is not particularly stable. I've made some of my own: set off a few grains by mistake. (At that size, it stings, but not much more). The more there is, the less stable. I think the largest, working v-pulse is a metre diametre: that was developed by the military, and has a trigger threaded through it, to set off the inside first, thus forcing the v-pulse out in chunks, each one exploding itself. The resistance tried to make something similar, we failed miserably. The handheld sizes are the only kind particularly accessible.
If the military-grade was used, it certainly would destroy the ISS. It's the only level of v-pulse that can do any serious damage to physical structures.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2015, 06:54:24 PM »
That doesn't matter though because once an object is inside a black hole it's not ever coming back anyway.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. The object will come back in terms of raw components (emergy/matter).

A black hole the size of the ones created by CERN would be unlikely to even sick in a single electron before they evaporate.  In order to suck in something the size of a human you would need tens of millions of tons of mass in the black hole. 
I'm sorry, but that's simply untrue. Black holes draw in their immediate neighborhoods: especially if they are pushed to exist within matter. They will take in what they touch, which will let them live long enough to take in the object already accelerating towards it.

I never said the v-pulses didn't interact with the air, I said they didn't interact with the station. The v-pulses act on the air before the station reaches that point. I have asked you before to take in what I am saying, and not ignore it in favor of something that may more easily be rejected. If there is no way that you will ever believe me, that's fine, but in that case there is no point in asking me your questions. You will accept no answers.

I wonder how much you would need to pay the pilots of the mission to do a suicide mission like that.
If the pilots were present, I doubt they knew. They'd never leave the flight chairs though, they couldn't interfere.

Also, why would they need to go to the station to pick up tools?  The mass of fuel it takes to dock is greater then the mass of the tools, so that's not practical at all.
It would depend on the tools.

The reaction is chemical, started with a sufficient impact or electrical current. The chemical is Nicarhydrozone. I can't remember the exact chemical make-up without a reference, it's an unholy combination of compounds. Sulfur, hydrogen, carbon, a lot of oxygen and nitrogen. The impact jolts the molecules, and the speed at which they separate is what causes the  blastwave: you're left with each component gas. (Hydrogen, sulfur and carbon dioxide, nitrogen, oxygen, and a little water). They're so sparse however they barely register: it's how the nickname (v for vacuum) arose.

So v-pulses interact with the air, the air interacts with the v-pulses because physics, and sense the v-pulses are on the station they will push back on it very hard.  Also, the station moves at supersonic speeds so any sound will just be left behind.

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2015, 07:01:17 AM »
So v-pulses interact with the air, the air interacts with the v-pulses because physics, and sense the v-pulses are on the station they will push back on it very hard.  Also, the station moves at supersonic speeds so any sound will just be left behind.

V-pulses are essentially explosives: of course the shockwave interacts with air. They aren't on the station, they're thrown from it. The sound doesn't matter, that was an example of what they achieve when used on Earth. In the vacuum of space there is no sound.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2015, 12:53:54 PM »

V-pulses are essentially explosives: of course the shockwave interacts with air. They aren't on the station, they're thrown from it. The sound doesn't matter, that was an example of what they achieve when used on Earth. In the vacuum of space there is no sound.

Shock waves are sound, it's just very low frequency and high amplitude.  They need a medium to propagate in.

So the v-pulses are thrown from the station?  Whatever is throwing them must be heavy, and that would still take a lot of v-pulses.  That probobaly adds at least a few extra tons of cargo to the terrorist space shuttle, which is enough extra weight to prevent most space ships from even making it into orbit.