Satellites

• 183 Replies
Satellites
« on: June 05, 2015, 06:12:43 AM »
There's kind of a lot of modern technology that relies on satellites. I know you all think satellites are faked but how does this technology still work? This includes GPS, Television and mobile phone signal etc.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: Satellites
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 07:00:23 AM »
The go-to response is that they're stratellites (basically a satellite in the atmosphere, which no company produces) or towers.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Mikey T.

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »
The term stratellite is a trademarked name for high altitude airships.  These are highly experimental and cannot possibly be  what is being used for those technologies due to a few factors:
1.  They can not get to the position that the signals for these technologies originate from (well more correctly are retransmitted from).  Doing a simple triangulation using reflector settings for commercial satellite television around the United states shows that the point of origin is in the orbital position reported by these companies.  Also the triangulation does not work on a flat map.  They only converge on a single position if the Earth is spherical.
2.  Weather affects blimps, holding a stationary position in a lighter than air vehicle is nearly impossible.  The amount of fuel needed for the constant corrections would exhaust the supply rather quickly.  This is why long duration H.A.A. are experimental, they do not have an efficient enough propulsion device to hold a single position for very long.
3.  They actually need GPS satellites to know their accurate position.
4.  It is absolutely imperative that they hold a very accurate position, due to the small size of the reflector.  The accuracy of the signal source must not change over time or it would not work.  Those small reflector dishes mounted on houses do not have any tracking capability and it takes very little to knock them off of their target.

TL;DR:  Stratellites do not work for satellite applications.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 11:44:51 AM »
There's kind of a lot of modern technology that relies on satellites. I know you all think satellites are faked but how does this technology still work? This includes GPS, Television and mobile phone signal etc.

Does your technology work 100% of the time? If not, I go with the null hypothesis that the earth is flat.

Quail

• I can't sea gull.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 02:01:31 PM »

Does your technology work 100% of the time? If not, I go with the null hypothesis that the earth is flat.
Wait, so "Your technology is not flawless, therefore the earth is flat"?

Mikey T.

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 02:13:43 PM »

Absolutely no technology works 100% of the time.  There are contributing factors like weather, sun flares, etc. that can interrupt the signals.  Any technology has some failure rate, and that is over all technology.  Not just electronic.  Lets take a bow and arrow for instance, the bow string could break, the arrow shaft may not have been straight and it missed the target, human error (actually 95% of all technology failures), etc.
So why throw out technology that works 95+% of the time just to say that 5% could mean it doesn't work at all?  Interesting concept, so when you inevitably die, because you didn't live forever, therefore life is flawed and doesn't really exist.  Are you now saying since life doesn't exist, that God doesn't exist?  If life doesn't exist, we are not having this conversation, actually nothing exists then.  No Earth, no flat Earth hypotheses, not concave Earth hypothesis,  no nothing.

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 02:19:44 PM »

As far as I know, technology has nothing to do with the earth being flat, although I have heard some intriguing theories on that.

Quail

• I can't sea gull.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 02:21:02 PM »

As far as I know, technology has nothing to do with the earth being flat, although I have heard some intriguing theories on that.
What are you doing? You are saying that you disagree with your own opinion.

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 02:26:51 PM »

What am I doing, fapping to the thought of you being wrong again. My opinion, and the theory are two separate things.

Mikey T.

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 02:37:29 PM »
This seems to be the case.  So, if my triangulation of the satellite position, with data that anyone can acquire, shows that they are actually in orbit.  And that the only way to get all the different small dishes used on houses to point at the same signal source using those settings will only work on a round Earth (at least rounded for the North American area).  When you research into High Altitude Airships (HAA for short), show that they cannot work.  Couple that with actual physics and engineering knowledge of how much energy is needed, hence how much fuel is needed, to stay in one steady spot high enough in the altitude.  Those show that stratellites do not work.  Also using common sense and knowledge on how many customers the Satellite tv companies lose by only being able to point their receiver antenna South.  Limiting the number of customers they could have if they could use things like stratellites and position some North, East, West, etc. of every major market area to maximize the possibility of reception.  This would give many more customers.  The losses those satellite companies face when a tree grows into the way of a customers dish, and the company has to pay a technician to go fix it, the customers they lose due to moving to an area that they can no longer get the signal, etc.  So all geostationary satellite signals come from the South, if you are in the Northern Hemisphere, and the North if you are in the Southern Hemisphere. 
Your response was if the technology doesn't work 100% of the time, then the Earth is flat.  Well the technology works almost 100% of the time barring weather, solar flares, human error, etc.  It would only work the way it works if the Earth is a spheroid.  Are you saying then that the technology is a lie?  Or that you just don't understand it and want to bury your head in the sand and scream the Earth is flat because it looks that way out your window?  Right now that is your only two options.

Mikey T.

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 02:40:27 PM »

What am I doing, fapping to the thought of you being wrong again. My opinion, and the theory are two separate things.
BTW, when you find this instance of me being wrong about how satellite TV, Internet, and communications work, please show me.  for now, I will trust my 10 or so years of experience with those systems.  Military, civilian, several places in North america, and a couple in in the Middle East. 

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 02:45:04 PM »
I haven't gotten many strait answers to this and the answers I have received can be debunked very easily.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Mikey T.

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 03:06:22 PM »
There is no answer for satellites in a flat Earth world.  Plain and simple.  The bigger problem is that anyone can buy one of those systems, and taking a little time to check the origination of the signal with those systems would show that it is impossible to be done with any alternatives that have been proposed so far.  I loved the ice dome bounce theory I heard from someone, it was far better than the stratellite one, yet it still couldn't work with the signal triangulation.  It still has all the same problems with only being over the equator, and simply could not work in the Southern hemisphere. 
I would love to see an actual response that someone puts some research into one day.  As of yet, all have been rather stupid to say it nicely. 

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 03:11:12 PM »

BTW, when you find this instance of me being wrong about how satellite TV, Internet, and communications work, please show me.  for now, I will trust my 10 or so years of experience with those systems.  Military, civilian, several places in North america, and a couple in in the Middle East.

And yet my "satellite" tv is not working as we speak.

Mikey T.

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 04:50:19 PM »
And there can be many problems causing that, none of which meaning the Earth is really flat.  Edit** misspelled word**
First question, is it storming there?
Second question, how often does your signal go out?
Third question, when was it installed and was it installed professionally?
Fourth question, are there any obstructions in the way like trees?
Fifth question, have you looked at the wiring outside at the dish and is there any visible damage?
Sixth question, have you called and complained about this?

Take it from one that was a reputable installer, if it was installed properly, you should get around a 99% signal on a clear day and only lose signal for a few minutes during the hardest rain. 
If you know how to go to your signal meter on the box, do so on a clear day when it is working, for DirecTV the signal is in percentages, if it is not in the very high 90s then there is a problem.  If it is dish network, they use a different scale but if it is not in the high 70 to 80s then there is a problem.  Your dish could be out of alignment, you could have corroded wire connections, or you could in fact have a power issue in the house causing power to dump to ground.  Your system should be grounded, and it can also go through the box to ground.  There are several problems that can arise that cause it to go out.  99% of them can be corrected by a trained installer.  That last 1% being things that are out of their control like a tree that has grown into the way.  If there is nowhere else to move it, then they will not be able to fix it without the tree being trimmed or removed.  I have seen quite a few "issues" with bad installs, customers screwing with the dish, and house electrical problems.

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2015, 05:38:29 PM »

Take it from one that was a reputable installer,

Right, I bet you are employee of the month and everything

Techros

• Destroyer of Flat Worlds
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2015, 06:05:35 PM »

He's a troll, ignore him.
FEH is like tying rubber ducks to your car to go across the pacific: it might work, but why not take a better way?

Mikey T.

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 06:48:54 PM »

Take it from one that was a reputable installer,

Right, I bet you are employee of the month and everything
Well, I did take pride in my work when I did the job.  you stated you were having issue, I gave you some causes. 
Let's make an analogy of what you claimed there.  My car doesn't crank one morning, I am not sure what is wrong, therefore the guy at the service station where I filled up last must be a crackhead. 
Seems logical huh.
Or, you have something broken, I try to tell you what may be wrong with it, therefore I am lying.

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 07:54:44 PM »
And yet my "satellite" tv is not working as we speak.

Is it plugged in?
Is it turned on?
Has it ever worked?

My TV isn't working. Therefore the world must be flat. Typical.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 12:35:00 AM »
HAPs (high altitude platforms) have been in use since the 60s.  Also, ground based transmitters are very common.

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 12:44:34 AM »
HAPs (high altitude platforms) have been in use since the 60s.  Also, ground based transmitters are very common.
And your point is?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 12:58:49 AM »
And your point is?

My point is that everything that satellites supposedly do can be done using HAPs and ground based transmitters.  Do you have a reading comprehension disability?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 01:04:54 AM »

Ground based transmitters don't explain GPS or satellite TV,   and there are no HAP's  currently in permanent use,   some experiments were done in the 60's  but miniscule payloads for very short periods.   If you keep up to date with these things,  there was a super pressure balloon flight recently that lasted for 32 days, a new record, and eventually crash landed in Australia .

http://www.csbf.nasa.gov/newzealand/wanaka.htm   Columbia University Project with NASA.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 01:33:04 AM »
And your point is?

My point is that everything that satellites supposedly do can be done using HAPs and ground based transmitters.  Do you have a reading comprehension disability?
It is not about how something could be done, it's about how it is done.  Do you have any links to documents to show how GPS works without using satellites?

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 05:14:28 AM »

Ground based transmitters don't explain GPS or satellite TV,   and there are no HAP's  currently in permanent use,   some experiments were done in the 60's  but miniscule payloads for very short periods.   If you keep up to date with these things,  there was a super pressure balloon flight recently that lasted for 32 days, a new record, and eventually crash landed in Australia .

http://www.csbf.nasa.gov/newzealand/wanaka.htm   Columbia University Project with NASA.
Launched from  WANaKA airport. How appropriate .
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

?

Art

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 06:49:44 AM »

Ah, the answer is yes. The technology may not have a position fix with an inadequate constellation, but it is still working.
You can get the time from just one satellite, and that should be possible at all times so long as your device can see the sky.

RET:0 - FET:0

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 09:09:24 AM »
And your point is?

TV satellites have to stay in one position relative to the Earth and GPS satellites have to know their position to the exact centimeter.  How do you think HAP's can manage this when they have air currents and stuff to deal with?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2015, 02:18:41 PM »
And your point is?

TV satellites have to stay in one position relative to the Earth and GPS satellites have to know their position to the exact centimeter.  How do you think HAP's can manage this when they have air currents and stuff to deal with?

You do realize that the air above 100k ft is very thin and consequently, there is almost no wind, right?  ::)

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2015, 02:23:39 PM »
Please provide evidence that balloons are used instead of satellites.  This sounds like some more theoretical BS that nobody has actually ever performed, yet it is spouted here as if it is an undisputable fact. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2015, 02:31:15 PM »
Please provide evidence that balloons are used instead of satellites.  This sounds like some more theoretical BS that nobody has actually ever performed, yet it is spouted here as if it is an undisputable fact.
Don't ask for evidence, it spoils the fun. You know there isn't any, otherwise it would be provided. Just consider the model proposed, see how well it works.

For example, why does a reduced amount of wind become no wind? Any amount of wind would push the balloons off course, and there's still some at play.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!