The simplest argument for a round earth

• 70 Replies
Re: The simplest argument for a round earth
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »
The simplest of arguments...
http://s331.photobucket.com/user/sokarul/media/Sunset_2007-1.jpg.html
Oh, c'mon guys... when has anyone ever seen this actually happen? NASA has been using Photoshop for, like, decades.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2015, 07:35:57 PM »
Really . Funny how Google  maps since they up dated the satalite images in my area ,have creeks & some roads running through houses . Bridges in the wrong place . It isn't possible. Liar!!!!!!

An error on a map affects the shape of the Earth?

Sorry, charles... this sounds like voodoo, where sticking a pin in a replica of someone is supposed to cause them harm. Do you believe this?
Voodoo lol no thats old school know they just infect you with a nasty hard to get rid of flew bug . The only zombies I know of ,are crack meth heads & people who think they landen a man on the moon. The fact you spherical spinners , base so much of your fact on satalites proving the  earth to be spherical.  Its worthy of mention , that the maps & supposed satalite photos are  way out of wack .but the gps is still working fine . So how can that be?

All that proves is that Goofle needs to fire whoever stitched those photos together.  Also, that doesn't explain how we can use satellites for navigation and communication if they don't exist.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 07:43:47 PM »
would it be more honest to contemplate all the options ? and not to say the earth is round just because you want it to be round.

Why would we "want" the Earth to be round (spherical, actually) if it weren't? We say the Earth is spherical because it is spherical.
[/b]

People came up with other explanations for your "evidences" and there are many others explanation you should do a research and not to say the earth is round.

Care to list some of those other explanations? Maybe you know of a new one. Not a one I've seen has any merit whatsoever. None.
Law
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2015, 07:49:38 PM »
Really . Funny how Google  maps since they up dated the satalite images in my area ,have creeks & some roads running through houses . Bridges in the wrong place . It isn't possible. Liar!!!!!!

An error on a map affects the shape of the Earth?

Sorry, charles... this sounds like voodoo, where sticking a pin in a replica of someone is supposed to cause them harm. Do you believe this?
Voodoo lol no thats old school

Being "old school" means it's wrong? Would you remind anyone citing Mr. Rowbotham of this, please.

know they just infect you with a nasty hard to get rid of flew bug .

I didn't know that Influenza ("Flu") was a recent invention. All those people that died of it 100 and more years ago may be surprised to hear that.

The only zombies I know of ,are crack meth heads & people who think they landen a man on the moon.

How many crack and meth users do you hang around with? Do you use the, uh, "reality supplements" they enjoy, yourself? If so, you write quite well, considering.

The fact you spherical spinners , base so much of your fact on satalites proving the  earth to be spherical.  Its worthy of mention , that the maps & supposed satalite photos are  way out of wack .but the gps is still working fine . So how can that be?

How can that be? Completely different technologies, perhaps? GPS doesn't rely on imagery, for instance. How many satellite photos are "way out of wack"? How far "out of wack" is "way out of wack", and how many photos are "out of wack" at all? Considering how many there are, it's likely a few might be. Sucks when it affects you; complain to Google.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2015, 07:51:16 PM »
would it be more honest to contemplate all the options ? and not to say the earth is round just because you want it to be round.

Why would we "want" the Earth to be round (spherical, actually) if it weren't? We say the Earth is spherical because it is spherical.
[/b]

People came up with other explanations for your "evidences" and there are many others explanation you should do a research and not to say the earth is round.

Care to list some of those other explanations? Maybe you know of a new one. Not a one I've seen has any merit whatsoever. None.
Law

Is that supposed to mean something?

?

Weatherwax

• Grand Lover of Satan and Science
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2015, 10:43:38 AM »

Voodoo lol no thats old school know they just infect you with a nasty hard to get rid of flew bug .

Bird flew?
A delusion is something that someone believes in despite a total lack of evidence - Prof. Richard Dawkins.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2015, 10:48:50 AM »
Pope Innocent III. believed that earth is round.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2015, 09:02:15 PM »
Cyclones rotate clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere,   anti-clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere.    Coriolis effect caused by earths rotation.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2015, 09:40:53 PM »
The Coriolis also effects other things like bullets.  Snipers have to account for it when shooting far away targets to the east or west of them.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

Art

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2015, 06:39:41 AM »
With all the pilots commercial/private/military flying considerable distances,
they would have noticed following the great circle route (where possible),
flight time and fuel consumption would be extremely unpredictable.
RET:0 - FET:0

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2015, 07:01:05 AM »
Cyclones rotate clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere,   anti-clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere.    Coriolis effect caused by earths rotation.
Care to provide the evidence .
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2015, 08:57:07 AM »
No.  Look it up yourself.

kman

• Pastafarian
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2015, 04:18:06 PM »

Think about the atmosphere above the equator. All of that air, moving along with the equator at ~1000mph. Now think about the air above the stretch of land at the 20 degree latitude line North and South, moving at a slower speeds. Now try to think of which way the air will tend to spin in the northern and southern hemisphere because of these different speeds.

Come on. Think. I can hear the rusty gears moving. I believe in you.

hello_there

• Round Earther
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2015, 05:46:54 PM »
How about this flat earthers, the fact that people in international space station lives as if they are in zero gravity. This is one example:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

It is not done by strings and harnesses, since you cannot make water float using wires.
It is not done by zero-G experience aircraft, because it can only simulates zero-G for 25-30 seconds, and the video lasts for 1 minute and 45 seconds.

The fact that ISS astronauts experience zero gravity all the time can only be explained by a round earth model. I would love to elaborate further if asked.

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2015, 05:50:45 PM »
How about this flat earthers, the fact that people in international space station lives as if they are in zero gravity. This is one example:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

It is not done by strings and harnesses, since you cannot make water float using wires.
It is not done by zero-G experience aircraft, because it can only simulates zero-G for 25-30 seconds, and the video lasts for 1 minute and 45 seconds.

The fact that ISS astronauts experience zero gravity all the time can only be explained by a round earth model. I would love to elaborate further if asked.
or something we don't know yet.

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2015, 07:03:14 PM »

Think about the atmosphere above the equator. All of that air, moving along with the equator at ~1000mph. Now think about the air above the stretch of land at the 20 degree latitude line North and South, moving at a slower speeds. Now try to think of which way the air will tend to spin in the northern and southern hemisphere because of these different speeds.

The only spin going on is that to which you are spewing out of your mouth . It is the directional flow of the occen currents  that determines  the directional flow of  cyclones & hurricanes.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2015, 07:11:37 PM »

The only spin going on is that to which you are spewing out of your mouth . It is the directional flow of the occen currents  that determines  the directional flow of  cyclones & hurricanes.

Bzzzt..   wrong.    Look at a weather chart,  which way do the winds around a high pressure regions spin?   In Australia it's  anti-clockwise around high pressure systems,  clockwise around low pressure systems,   and in the Northern hemisphere, its the opposite way around.   Look up a few weather charts with synoptic and wind directions.

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2015, 07:24:48 PM »

Bzzzt..   wrong.    Look at a weather chart,  which way do the winds around a high pressure regions spin?   In Australia it's  anti-clockwise around high pressure systems,  clockwise around low pressure systems,   and in the Northern hemisphere, its the opposite way around.   Look up a few weather charts with synoptic and wind directions.
Coriolis effect can be 100000 options and you decided that it because of earth rotation you are pathetic.

Mikey T.

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »
Please elaborate on these multitude of causes for it.  Please show where the experiments done by scientists didn't have controls in place to limit outside influences.  Oh thats right you guys don't understand experimental controls, or experiments for that matter.
When you learn to think for yourself and stop watching all the silly conspiracy videos, come back.

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2015, 07:35:11 PM »
Please elaborate on these multitude of causes for it.  Please show where the experiments done by scientists didn't have controls in place to limit outside influences.  Oh thats right you guys don't understand experimental controls, or experiments for that matter.
When you learn to think for yourself and stop watching all the silly conspiracy videos, come back.
Scientists has agenda.

Mikey T.

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2015, 07:48:31 PM »
Sure they do, its called research.  They want to find out how things work.  You need to know how things work in order to make any money on new technologies also.  I will give you a hint, the vast majority of scientists are not employed by the government. 
So what is their common agenda?
Let's cut out the hand waving and get down to actual responses that add to a conversation.  You do not have to agree with me, but do not make a claim that you do not 1. understand and 2. cannot provide at least some evidence for that claim.  If you had done anything like scientific research, you would understand the absurdity of that comment. 

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2015, 07:50:40 PM »
Sure they do, its called research.  They want to find out how things work.  You need to know how things work in order to make any money on new technologies also.  I will give you a hint, the vast majority of scientists are not employed by the government. 
So what is their common agenda?
Let's cut out the hand waving and get down to actual responses that add to a conversation.  You do not have to agree with me, but do not make a claim that you do not 1. understand and 2. cannot provide at least some evidence for that claim.  If you had done anything like scientific research, you would understand the absurdity of that comment.
they are funded by the government.

Mikey T.

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2015, 08:04:40 PM »
Some are government funded.  I repeat SOME are.  There are way more scientists out there than you think.  But if you haven't seen it on a youtube video or a movie it isn't true for you huh.

Bill_the_Pretender

• Not scared of the truth
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »

Coriolis effect can be 100000 options and you decided that it because of earth rotation you are pathetic.

The Coriolis effect can be demonstrated many other ways. It's not just weather that demonstrates it.

You seem really offended by science, maybe this isn't the correct forum for you. I suggest a playground with other kids your age.
I'd be an FE believer, but I'm not stupid. I have Internets.

Proof the Earth is round, not flat: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63853.new#new
Debunking Flat Earth Theory completely: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2015, 08:57:23 PM »

The only thing wrong ,is the shape of your head resembling a penus.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2015, 09:03:03 PM »

The only thing funnier than following charles bloomington's logic, is when he misspells insults.   Poster child for illiterate  morons everywhere. 

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2015, 09:04:38 PM »

It's spelled 'Penis', sir. Also, how is that relevant? Do you just want to perpetrate more stereotypes that FEers are all trolls with too much free time?

Proof the Earth is round, not flat: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63853.new#new
Debunking Flat Earth Theory completely: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=

Bill_the_Pretender

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2015, 09:08:22 PM »
Rayzor, you're like the exact opposite of Jroa. You provide meaningful threads of discussion. Glad to see at least a few people on here have functioning neurons. Thank you.

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2015, 09:14:06 PM »

It's spelled 'Penis', sir. Also, how is that relevant? Do you just want to perpetrate more stereotypes that FEers are all trolls with too much free time?
Not when your a US  kiss ass Australian cock head , like razor