The Moon gives flat Earthers a major problem to solve

• 54 Replies
Re: The Moon gives flat Earthers a major problem to solve
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »
Here you go Charles,  you can keep this guy Ccrow777 company at the funny farm  " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">   

He video's the moon using a tracking telescope, and every so often there will be a vibration in the servo tracking mechanism that  beats with the video frame rate causes a rippling distortion in the image.  He then takes this as proof the moon is a hologram projected from somewhere.     Not the conclusion you might think to leap to in the first instance.   He is also firmly in the chem trails camp.   Not sufficiently looney to refute rockets,  or think the earth is flat and the south pole doesn't exist.  But definitely "out there".
http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2015, 05:49:45 PM »
Here you go Charles,  you can keep this guy Ccrow777 company at the funny farm  " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">   

He video's the moon using a tracking telescope, and every so often there will be a vibration in the servo tracking mechanism that  beats with the video frame rate causes a rippling distortion in the image.  He then takes this as proof the moon is a hologram projected from somewhere.     Not the conclusion you might think to leap to in the first instance.   He is also firmly in the chem trails camp.   Not sufficiently looney to refute rockets,  or think the earth is flat and the south pole doesn't exist.  But definitely "out there".
http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm

Ha ha  ...  not a bad conspiracy.   He's a bit vague on what it is we see that we think of as the moon.    I wonder if he is a flat earther?

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

?

Realdeal

• Undecided
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2015, 06:43:08 PM »
Why would the moon looking a certain way prove the shape of the Earth?  This makes no sense to me.  If it is unside down or right side up, or a hologram, or a big rock.  How does that prove the Earth is round?  No one really knows what the moon is anyway, unless you believe tha moon landing stuff they made up to "win" the space race against the Russians.
Perhaps, use a greater level of introspective approach to examining your previous posts while keeping forum guidelines in mind.  I feel this would be helpful

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2015, 07:46:41 PM »
Why would the moon looking a certain way prove the shape of the Earth?  This makes no sense to me.  If it is unside down or right side up, or a hologram, or a big rock.  How does that prove the Earth is round?  No one really knows what the moon is anyway, unless you believe tha moon landing stuff they made up to "win" the space race against the Russians.

If the earth was flat then the moon would look the same way up whether you were north or south of the equator.   Of course  it's not the moon that appears upside down, it's the observer.   Even if the moon is a hologram  or whatever you think it is,  this still disproves the flat earth.   ( I expect Jrowe will chime at this point in with his dual earth variant )

Unless there was some kind of brain implant inserted to everyone at birth, keyed to a gps system to correctly display the moon hologram.   ;D

As you dig deeper into flat earth theory, you will find that it  completely fails to describe what happens south of the equator.   

1.  The stars in the southern hemisphere revolve around the south celestial pole.   This means the earth has two poles.   
2.  Distances in the southern hemisphere can't be measured on a flat earth,  because there is no flat earth map that works.

And on it goes,  not a single argument for the flat earth holds up to any kind of critical scrutiny. 

But, that said,  you meet interesting people and it's never a waste of time to critically question everything.

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2015, 11:41:44 PM »

If the earth was flat then the moon would look the same way up whether you were north or south of the equator.   Of course  it's not the moon that appears upside down, it's the observer.   Even if the moon is a hologram  or whatever you think it is,  this still disproves the flat earth.   ( I expect Jrowe will chime at this point in with his dual earth variant )

Unless there was some kind of brain implant inserted to everyone at birth, keyed to a gps system to correctly display the moon hologram.   ;D

As you dig deeper into flat earth theory, you will find that it  completely fails to describe what happens south of the equator.   

1.  The stars in the southern hemisphere revolve around the south celestial pole.   This means the earth has two poles.   
2.  Distances in the southern hemisphere can't be measured on a flat earth,  because there is no flat earth map that works.

And on it goes,  not a single argument for the flat earth holds up to any kind of critical scrutiny. 

But, that said,  you meet interesting people and it's never a waste of time to critically question everything.
The moon is visible  during the day . Yet stars are not , which suggests the moon image  is not out side earths atmosphere.  If the moon is a reflecton  of earth ,then position of the sun & your location  would determine what presentation  the moon would be viewed .
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:43:46 PM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2015, 12:45:36 AM »

The moon is visible  during the day . Yet stars are not , which suggests the moon image  is not out side earths atmosphere.  If the moon is a reflecton  of earth ,then position of the sun & your location  would determine what presentation  the moon would be viewed .

Not really that just means the moon is bigger and brighter,  you can see Venus easily in daylight as well.  Really bright supernova's have been visible in daylight.

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2015, 03:20:34 AM »

Not really that just means the moon is bigger and brighter,  you can see Venus easily in daylight as well.  Really bright supernova's have been visible in daylight.
yes you can see venus during daylight . Mars as well with the sun in the right position , which suggests they are simply reflected projected images aswell & not out side earth atmosphere.
Care to provide a photograph of this supernover veiwed at daylight.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2015, 03:33:38 AM »

yes you can see venus during daylight . Mars as well with the sun in the right position , which suggests they are simply reflected projected images aswell & not out side earth atmosphere.
It wasn't last week.  here is a picture of what's left after 1000 years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SN_1006

Here's another

http://www.space.com/16989-crab-nebula-m1.html

The crab nebula is 6300 light years away, and it was visible in daytime for 23 days.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:38:26 AM by Rayzor »

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2015, 03:33:53 AM »

Projected from where?

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2015, 03:50:09 AM »

It wasn't last week.  here is a picture of what's left after 1000 years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SN_1006

Here's another

http://www.space.com/16989-crab-nebula-m1.html

The crab nebula is 6300 light years away, and it was visible in daytime for 23 days.
Is that your idea of providing a photo ? NASA nonsense.  Where is old Mr browns strolling along with his dog in the park , looks up see something usual . Gets his camera & takes a picture.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2015, 03:53:42 AM »
Is that your idea of providing a photo ? NASA nonsense.  Where is old Mr browns strolling along with his dog in the park , looks up see something usual . Gets his camera & takes a picture.
Mr Brown was off sick that particular day in 1054. 

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2015, 06:23:33 AM »
Mr Brown was off sick that particular day in 1054.
It's a good thing NASA wasn't asleep at the wheel. ::)
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2015, 08:10:35 AM »

Quite the leap you made. Light pollutions shows your claim to be wrong. Light pollution will wash out dim stars but bright ones can be seen. Other places not affected by light pollution can see them all.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2015, 02:39:12 PM »
Why would the moon not appear upside down?  From the northern hemiplane, you have to face south to view it, but from the southern hemiplane, you face north to view it.  Of course it would be upside down.  Please, think people.

You don't get it.   It's not the moon that's upside down it's the observer.   That can't happen on a flat earth.   Game over.

Print out a picture of the moon and tape it to your ceiling.  Stand against the wall and observe it.  Now, go to the opposite wall an observe it again.  Holy crud!  It flipped upside down!  Your room must be spherical!!!  ::)

Well, it'll be upside down, yes. Walk away a little further. Does it still seem round like real moon?

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2015, 04:27:41 PM »

Quite the leap you made. Light pollutions shows your claim to be wrong. Light pollution will wash out dim stars but bright ones can be seen. Other places not affected by light pollution can see them all.
The only pollution is the bs dribbling you mouth is  propergating. Please explain the intensity differential reflectance . http://www.nakedeyeplanets.com/venus-&-moon-in-daylight.png

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2015, 05:16:44 PM »
Can I get a working link so I can try and figure out what you mean?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2015, 07:06:46 PM »

It'll take more than that.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2015, 07:39:58 PM »
I'm seeing that site as infected with viruses,  charles is trying to infect us.

I think charles fried his brain with "Please explain the intensity differential reflectance"   

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 07:43:45 PM by Rayzor »

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2015, 09:31:03 PM »

The only pollution is the bs dribbling you mouth is  propergating. Please explain the intensity differential reflectance . http://www.nakedeyeplanets.com/venus-&-moon-in-daylight.png

Try looking at the stars in a city and again in an empty field.  You can see the stars a lot better in the field because there is less light pollution.  It's definitely possible to see planets in the day, but it's just a lot easier at night.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2015, 04:32:17 AM »
I'm seeing that site as infected with viruses,  charles is trying to infect us.

I think charles fried his brain with "Please explain the intensity differential reflectance"   
The mesurement of light waves being reflected , does not computation what would be expected of two object receving the same energy souce & frequency from the same direction . Especially when one is said to be thousands of miles further away & less reflective then the closer object .Yet the further object is more  bright & intense.  Razor they legalized gay marriage in island today , maybe you should fly over & find your self a bride .
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 04:38:13 AM by charles bloomington »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2015, 05:23:08 AM »
The mesurement of light waves being reflected , does not computation what would be expected of two object receving the same energy souce & frequency from the same direction . Especially when one is said to be thousands of miles further away & less reflective then the closer object .Yet the further object is more  bright & intense. 
I think you might have got that backwards.

Razor they legalized gay marriage in island today , maybe you should fly over & find your self a bride .

I think you meant Ireland,  but,  I hate to tell you,  I'm already married,  so, sorry to have to break your heart on such a public forum as this,  but you'll be better off with someone your own mental age.

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2015, 06:22:48 AM »
The mesurement of light waves being reflected , does not computation what would be expected of two object receving the same energy souce & frequency from the same direction . Especially when one is said to be thousands of miles further away & less reflective then the closer object .Yet the further object is more  bright & intense. 

Razor they legalized gay marriage in island today , maybe you should fly over & find your self a bride .

I think you meant Ireland,  but,  I hate to tell you,  I'm already married,  so, sorry to have to break your heart on such a public forum as this,  but you'll be better off with someone your own mental age.
Well take her with you, she can be your bridesmaid . I do now  its spelt Ireland , but I like to piss them off spelling it island .

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2015, 06:30:16 AM »

Well take her with you, she can be your bridesmaid . I do now  its spelt Ireland , but I like to piss them off spelling it island .

Pleased to see you are taking it well,  and moving on with your life.   In any case, how do you know that anyone from Ireland is on here?

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2015, 04:31:56 PM »

Pleased to see you are taking it well,  and moving on with your life.   In any case, how do you know that anyone from Ireland is on here?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/e5/c8/f2/e5c8f2f538d3dea163f27b2ede627579.jpg

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2015, 02:38:18 AM »
explan how I manage to see the moon change from  left to right depending on what  night its viewed. Some  day time moons  appear rotated 180 degrees.
A full moon where I live  resembles a face . Hence you can tell by a quick glance if its facing left or right. Or appearing 180 degrees.

If the full moon resembles a face when it is highest in the sky then you live in the northern hemisphere some distance north from the equator. 

Depending upon the time of year, the moon when rising each day in the 'East' and later when setting in the 'West' appears to have rotated  thru almost half a circle - but this depends upon how much sky the moon has tracked.   

In the equatorial areas the situation is a bit more complex because the moon is more likely to be directly overhead at the highest point in the sky and cannot be said to be upside down or seen as a face when typically seen unless you rotate around to see that face.  The situation is much clearer well away from the equator where it can only be experienced while standing up as one way up at the highest point give or take a few tens of degrees.  For that location it is always seen that way up at the highest point in the sky give or take a few tens of degrees. 

Hence you typically perceive the man in the moon in the northern hemisphere but typically dont perceive  him in NZ unless you rotate your head or stand upside down and so forth.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:17:29 AM by Aliveandkicking »