The Moon gives flat Earthers a major problem to solve

• 54 Replies
The Moon gives flat Earthers a major problem to solve
« on: May 19, 2015, 04:04:51 AM »
The moon when viewed anywhere on earth at the same time always directs the same part of the moon towards the Earths surface and has been like this for a very very long time.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

South of the equator however this same view is upside down compared to the North

In the antipodes location on the opposite side of the earth the view is upside down compared to the Northern view.  Ie one viewer is upside down compared to the other.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:59:02 PM by Aliveandkicking »

Re: NASA planted a Hologram linked GPS inside your head at birth!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 04:09:19 AM »
how is this prove round earth ?
and again you and mike are shills because you say:i can't imagine it in flat earth therefore earth is not flat,
this is prove you are paid shills.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 04:12:58 AM »
aliveandkicking and asperger mike are failing over and over in their field of science
a)Occam's razor their explanation are not the simple one
b)logic - they are motivated by ignorance they can't try even to imagine other options than what they are want to have.

triune truther

• The Earth is an equilateral triangle.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 06:16:53 AM »
So the existence of a massive lunar body hundreds of thousands of kilometers away is more likely than having it be an illusion propagated by NASA? Ok then.
All war is deception.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 09:01:33 AM »
how is this prove round earth ?
and again you and mike are shills because you say:i can't imagine it in flat earth therefore earth is not flat,
this is prove you are paid shills.

Theory if mind is the realization that other people have access to different information then you and it's developed as a toddler.  You clearly lack this because you asume we all perfectly understand FET and have no arguments against it just because you do.  Calling us all stupid for not understanding something is doing nothing to help us understand it better.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 09:07:07 AM »
aliveandkicking and asperger mike are failing over and over in their field of science
a)Occam's razor their explanation are not the simple one
b)logic - they are motivated by ignorance they can't try even to imagine other options than what they are want to have.

You believe in a theory that requires milions of people to be in on a conspiracy even though there is not one whistle blower.  Your theory requires light to bend in crazy ways in order to explain sunsets.  That's not very simple.

I believe in a theory where everything is as it seems and NASA does not worship satan.

I have actually said a few times that if someone can prove a certain thing then I would become a flat earther.  Tell me one thing that's impossible on a round Earth which suggests a flat earth and I promise I will become a flat earther.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
Re: The Moon gives flat Earthers a major problem to solve
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 10:18:08 AM »
Very clever observation,  and so simple it's impossible to refute.    So that's the final nail in the flat earth coffin.

Here's a picture of the moon, by someone in the Astronomy Society of Victoria.   Located in Melbourne.   

http://asv.org.au/gallery?dir=John%20Izzo

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 11:01:42 AM »
This is very simelar to the Sunspot observation experiment I did with Dephelis linked to with the second link in my forum signature.

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 03:42:26 PM »
Imagine laid on your back with your bat signal torch. Imagine laid on your back in the centre of a domed room in the dark and shining the bat signal torch over one part and then bringing it over to the other part . Bat man would see his bat the right side up on one part and his batman twin on the other side would see the bat signal upside down.

Hmmmm.

Flat Earth and a closed domed system? I think so.

You certainly shouldn't be seeing an upside down moon on a spinning Earth.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 03:46:43 PM »

You certainly shouldn't be seeing an upside down moon on a spinning Earth.

Why?

I modified my original post to correct a mistake

South of the equator however this same view is upside down compared to the North

In the antipodes position on the opposite side of the earth the view is upside down compared to the Northern view.  Ie one viewer is upside down compared to the other.

New Zealand is approximately antipodes to the UK.  So the view I learnt in the UK was not recognisable to me in New Zealand
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 04:00:22 PM by Aliveandkicking »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 04:02:13 PM »
Why would the moon not appear upside down?  From the northern hemiplane, you have to face south to view it, but from the southern hemiplane, you face north to view it.  Of course it would be upside down.  Please, think people. 

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 04:10:08 PM »
Why would the moon not appear upside down?  From the northern hemiplane, you have to face south to view it, but from the southern hemiplane, you face north to view it.  Of course it would be upside down.  Please, think people.

You are describing parallax.  Not rotation.    From anywhere on Earth the view of the moon is essentially identical apart from it being rotated.   Ie like an identical photograph that is rotated.

Parallax of the moon is very small rather than very large as you are describing.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 04:52:36 PM »
It is rather amusing to see people who have no grasp on how science and reality work to say that others who share a different viewpoint are operating from ignorance.
If the moon is viewed from different positions at roughly the same time, and it still appears round and not like you are looking at it from an angle, and it is showing the same features to both observers at the same time (the moon shows us all the same face all the time), you can infer a few of things from it. 
1.  It is not really close to you as FE claims it to be.
2.  It is much larger than FE claims it to be.
3.  Being larger than FE claims also means it is not a flat disc either.

So, if the planets are round, the sun is round, the moon is round, and they are much further away and larger than FE claims them to be, what does that make the FE claims about Earth mean?
This little reality check is why some of the FE supporters here tried so hard to discredit the pictures of the sun that mike and Delph did as an experiment.  Not once actually discussing what those two almost simultaneously taken from distant points on the Earth where one was in sunset and the other was in sunrise.  Great lengths were taken to point out that one of those photos was a bit fuzzier than the other so you couldn't see the faintest sunspot on both very well to discredit the images, the rotation of the photos to align them was attacked, even though it was explained that they were not using identical setups.  The challenge was offered for a couple of FE supporters to repeat the experiment along with them to ensure that there was no misrepresentation of the images.  No one would take up this challenge, they claimed it was too expensive, it was too hard, etc.  No one would actually look at what the data from the experiment showed.  That the same face of the sun was visible from distant points on the Earth at the same time.  If you do not understand why that destroys the spotlight sun model, and do not know how to refute it without hand waving and calling people names, I say that you are the ones operating from ignorance.  You are the ones who always fire off from a standpoint of not understanding, so you call it more complicated and then misuse the Occam's Razor argument to claim victory when you clearly have failed. 

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 09:21:37 PM »

You don't get it.   It's not the moon that's upside down it's the observer.   That can't happen on a flat earth.   Game over.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 03:01:48 PM »

You don't get it.   It's not the moon that's upside down it's the observer.   That can't happen on a flat earth.   Game over.

Print out a picture of the moon and tape it to your ceiling.  Stand against the wall and observe it.  Now, go to the opposite wall an observe it again.  Holy crud!  It flipped upside down!  Your room must be spherical!!!  ::)

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 05:44:21 PM »

Print out a picture of the moon and tape it to your ceiling.  Stand against the wall and observe it.  Now, go to the opposite wall an observe it again.  Holy crud!  It flipped upside down!  Your room must be spherical!!!  ::)

Typical flat earth thinking,  flat moon thinking.    throw away your useless flat moon,  get a basketball,  and paint a big red N on the top and S on the bottom   Now hang it from the ceiling,      Look at it from whatever side of the room you like, and see if the N stays at the top or not.     Holy crud indeed,  you room must be flat like the earth.   

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 06:19:50 PM »

Typical flat earth thinking,  flat moon thinking.    throw away your useless flat moon,  get a basketball,  and paint a big red N on the top and S on the bottom   Now hang it from the ceiling,      Look at it from whatever side of the room you like, and see if the N stays at the top or not.     Holy crud indeed,  you room must be flat like the earth.   

Do you ever actually reference the quotes that people people bother making, or do you just make up the conversation in your head everytime somebody posts something?  Or, even worse, you are purposely derailing.  Which is it?  Because we were damn sure not talking about basketballs: we were talking about why the moon looks upside down from the southern hemiplane.  Please stop changing the subject whenever you feel like it. 

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 05:10:45 AM »

Do you ever actually reference the quotes that people people bother making, or do you just make up the conversation in your head everytime somebody posts something?  Or, even worse, you are purposely derailing.  Which is it?  Because we were damn sure not talking about basketballs: we were talking about why the moon looks upside down from the southern hemiplane.  Please stop changing the subject whenever you feel like it.

Here's a diagram of why the moon appears upside down in the Southern Hemisphere.   Maybe that will do better than words.

If you try to redraw that diagram so the earth is flat rather than round, then the lines to the top and bottom end up the same side from either side of the equator, so there is no up/down reversal on a flat earth, although I'm not sure about a left/right reversal

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 06:23:31 AM »

Here's a diagram of why the moon appears upside down in the Southern Hemisphere.   Maybe that will do better than words.

If you try to redraw that diagram so the earth is flat rather than round, then the lines to the top and bottom end up the same side from either side of the equator, so there is no up/down reversal on a flat earth, although I'm not sure about a left/right reversal
Thats just nonsence, explan how I manage to see the moon change from  left to right depending on what  night its viewed. Some  day time moons  appear rotated 180 degrees.
A full moon where I live  resembles a face . Hence you can tell by a quick glance if its facing left or right. Or appearing 180 degrees.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 06:25:40 AM by charles bloomington »
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don'tů:

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 06:31:13 AM »
Thats just nonsence, explan how I manage to see the moon change from  left to right depending on what  night its viewed. Some  day time moons  appear rotated 180 degrees.
A full moon where I live  resembles a face . Hence you can tell by a quick glance if its facing left or right. Or appearing 180 degrees.

Look up Waxing and Waning. 

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 06:43:29 AM »

Look up Waxing and Waning.
Stop talking shit to sport your agenda. Thats not science .Science is reporting on findings , not personal dogmatic views.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 12:52:49 PM »
Are you saying that some nights, looking in the same direction the moon appears to be 180 degrees of what it was before?
So lets say if the moon is a bit above your eastern horizon on one night, then see if it ever makes a 180 degree flip.
I can guarantee you are lying about this one charles.
Now you may be trying some stupid misdirection stuff like well it was over this side of my house and the bottom is now the top when its on the other side of my house.  Either way you are lying, either by blatantly stating a lie or you are deliberately leaving out details to make it seem like it is what you want. 

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 01:31:16 PM »
I'm also failing to see the problem here.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 02:20:19 PM »
Are you saying that some nights, looking in the same direction the moon appears to be 180 degrees of what it was before?
So lets say if the moon is a bit above your eastern horizon on one night, then see if it ever makes a 180 degree flip.
I can guarantee you are lying about this one charles.
Now you may be trying some stupid misdirection stuff like well it was over this side of my house and the bottom is now the top when its on the other side of my house.  Either way you are lying, either by blatantly stating a lie or you are deliberately leaving out details to make it seem like it is what you want.
I'm stating what I have witnessed.  Thats why I dont believe the moon to be what we have been lead it to be . The only logical explanation for  what I have witnessed is that the moon is a reflected projection  of earth. Or its veiwed surface is a reflected projection. Which in fact makes more sence mathematical then synchronization & the moon being slowed by 500 mph & traverling in the oppersite direction to what its vewied. The little bit of maths you spherical spin doctors conveniently forget to mention in your sales pitch, for your model to add up.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:23:05 PM by charles bloomington »

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 02:32:52 PM »
When's the next time the moon will not look how it's supposed to look?

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 03:10:12 PM »
When's the next time the moon will not look how it's supposed to look?
I dont control the weather patterns of the earth & cant be in every location at once .however there are others who have posted clips on you tube who have witnessed & filmed & photographed theses same happenings. Do I think most people will notice ? Of course not , they believe what ever propgander they are feed by the elite. 
Here's an exsample  http://mcgrathfoundation.gofundraise.com.au/page/pinkpolar
Then google glenn mcgrath hunting . Photos Shooting elephants & other animals for sport.
Its typical elite behaviors . Like this piece of dog shit realy  cares about any living being.or anything thing in this world but him self .He cares about  woman with breast cancer ? Or its  just a platform to cash in on.? I will let you deside if the foundation is just  money making  properganda , with a small benift to those suffering breast cancer to legitimize it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:16:14 PM by charles bloomington »

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 07:33:08 PM »
Here you go Charles,  you can keep this guy Ccrow777 company at the funny farm  " class="bbc_link" target="_blank">   

He video's the moon using a tracking telescope, and every so often there will be a vibration in the servo tracking mechanism that  beats with the video frame rate causes a rippling distortion in the image.  He then takes this as proof the moon is a hologram projected from somewhere.     Not the conclusion you might think to leap to in the first instance.   He is also firmly in the chem trails camp.   Not sufficiently looney to refute rockets,  or think the earth is flat and the south pole doesn't exist.  But definitely "out there".

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:00:57 PM by Rayzor »

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2015, 08:13:48 PM »
Here you go Charles,  you can keep this guy Ccrow777 company at the funny farm  " class="bbc_link" target="_blank">   

He video's the moon using a tracking telescope, and every so often there will be a vibration in the tracking mechanism that  beats with the video frame rate causes a rippling distortion in the image.  He then takes this as proof the moon is a hologram projected from somewhere.     Not the conclusion you might think to leap to in the first instance.   He is in the chem trails camp.   Not sufficiently looney to refute rockets,  or think the earth is flat and the south pole doesn't exist.  But definitely "out there".
Thats your opinion which amounts to 5/8 of phuck all . Nothing he showed in that clip was deceptive . He has simply documented  a wave he picked up filming footage of the moon & establishing he does not think the wave is caused by the equipment as others had suggested.

JerkFace

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2015, 08:27:07 PM »

He video's the moon using a tracking telescope, and every so often there will be a vibration in the tracking mechanism that  beats with the video frame rate causes a rippling distortion in the image.  He then takes this as proof the moon is a hologram projected from somewhere.     Not the conclusion you might think to leap to in the first instance.   He is in the chem trails camp.   Not sufficiently looney to refute rockets,  or think the earth is flat and the south pole doesn't exist.  But definitely "out there".
Thats your opinion which amounts to 5/8 of phuck all . Nothing he showed in that clip was deceptive . He has simply documented  a wave he picked up filming footage of the moon & establishing he does not think the wave is caused by the equipment as others had suggested.

I thought you might be a candidate for his hologram theory.   Just call it a good guess.

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2015, 04:13:04 AM »

I thought you might be a candidate for his hologram theory.   Just call it a good guess.
Its not theory , its observation .Hologram,  mmmmm more descriptive would be a laser reflected image  of earth on to charged magnetic resonating  particles.