About the Universe

• 37 Replies
About the Universe
« on: May 16, 2015, 07:45:57 AM »
Hi, i am new to this Forum and this is my first Post.
Recently i came across the flat earth theory and found this Forum.
To be honest, as i first heared of this Therory i thought it's a joke or something (even i already knew 9/11 and the moon landing is fake).
But then i looked at all the "photos" and "videos" about the earth and i realised they are all fake. At least the ones from far out. I think the more near ones are filmed with fisheye objectives, but the ISS and space shuttle footages are all fake. I am 100% sure about this.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"> This Video for example is obviously CGI. I honestly can't understand how people can be so dumb and belive its real.

However, just because the Photos and Videos of the Earth are fake, doesn't prove that the earth is actually flat.
I don't "belive" in the flat earth Theory yet, but i can't debunk it and it makes sense overall, so i think it's possible that this theory is true. I just didn't see a 100% proof yet.

But let's assume the earth is flat.
What is the Universe then? Is the Universe really infinite? Aren't the Stars that we see other Planets and aren't Planets round?
What is around the earth? Or since the earth is flat, this question must be divided in 3 questions. What's above the earth, what's underneath the earth and what's besides the earth?
When i look at the sky, i see different Stars over Germany as a Guy in USA, China or Australia would see, right? How do you explain that?

Quail

• I can't sea gull.
Re: About the Universe
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 09:41:58 AM »
To be honest, as i first heared of this Therory i thought it's a joke or something (even i already knew 9/11 and the moon landing is fake).
But then i looked at all the "photos" and "videos" about the earth and i realised they are all fake. At least the ones from far out. I think the more near ones are filmed with fisheye objectives, but the ISS and space shuttle footages are all fake. I am 100% sure about this.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"> This Video for example is obviously CGI. I honestly can't understand how people can be so dumb and belive its real.

However, just because the Photos and Videos of the Earth are fake, doesn't prove that the earth is actually flat.
I don't "belive" in the flat earth Theory yet, but i can't debunk it and it makes sense overall, so i think it's possible that this theory is true. I just didn't see a 100% proof yet.

What is the Universe then? Is the Universe really infinite? Aren't the Stars that we see other Planets and aren't Planets round?
What is around the earth? Or since the earth is flat, this question must be divided in 3 questions. What's above the earth, what's underneath the earth and what's besides the earth?
When i look at the sky, i see different Stars over Germany as a Guy in USA, China or Australia would see, right? How do you explain that?

Okay then, what makes your think those videos are fake?

Oh, and the flat earth "theory" is not a theory. It's a zealous desire to disprove the fact that the earth is round, and has massive holes. Almost all followers of the "theory" on this fourm have their own idea of the universe outside the flat earth, as the "theory" is incomplete and does not fully fit together.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 10:40:17 AM »

- What is the universe? That's a very general question. It's all of existence.
- I don't think the universe is infinite, per se, even in RE theory. It's seemingly infinitely expanding, but will never really be infinite. I have a theory that there is a vast and infinite ether-less volume (space) outside that bound of the physical universe which allows the universe to accelerate upward through this ether-less environment at whatever velocity it would like. I'm using ether in the sense of a light-speed medium.
- The stars are stars. There is, however, reason to believe they are much closer than is the general consensus. The planets are round. Earth, however, is not a planet.
- Above the Earth? The Sun, Moon, planets, stars.
- Under the Earth? Nobody knows.
- Beside the Earth? Nobody really knows this either. Some people argue that the Earth is infinite, but I have some serious problems with the more recent versions of this idea.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 01:04:22 PM »
But then i looked at all the "photos" and "videos" about the earth and i realised they are all fake.

You just suddenly realized they were fake. Out of the blue. Yea, nice attempt, but troll harder next time.
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 01:15:49 PM »
But then i looked at all the "photos" and "videos" about the earth and i realised they are all fake.

You just suddenly realized they were fake. Out of the blue. Yea, nice attempt, but troll harder next time.

Someone who believes the earth may be flat, and comes to the flat earth society forum to ask some questions, is a troll?

Try harder next time!
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

Quail

• I can't sea gull.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »

Someone who believes the earth may be flat, and comes to the flat earth society forum to ask some questions, is a troll?

Try harder next time!
Useless insults and personal attacks that even the moderators of this forum resort to? Try to debate intelligently next time.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 01:32:18 PM »

Try harder next time!
Useless insults and personal attacks that even the moderators of this forum resort to? Try to debate intelligently next time.

Shut up.
"Indoctrination [...] is often distinguished from education by the fact that the indoctrinated person is expected not to question or critically examine the doctrine they have learned".

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 05:31:54 PM »
It is pretty obvious to me that it's CGI. It just looks unrealistic in my opinion, doesn't it?
Look at the lights, the clouds and the flashes. Compare it with a Real Video from a weather balloon and it looks completely different.
I worked a lot with Photoshop, AfterEffects, 3D Programs and other Video Edeting Software and i think i can tell if something is CGI or real. Those "Earth from Space" Videos that claimed to be real just doesn't look real. They look like Computer Animation. I saw Hollywood Movies with more realisic CGI than that.
I also watched some very old footages, which were even worse. The clouds didn't even move while the globe rotated.
As technology and CGI involves, the earth footages getting better.

It was not out of the blue. I stumbled upon the theory and then i decided to watch the earth videos and see if they look fake or not. I just never questioned it before.

Why do you call me a troll for asking questions about flat earth? I thought that is what this forum is all about.

The Ellimist

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 05:48:22 PM »
It is pretty obvious to me that it's CGI. It just looks unrealistic in my opinion, doesn't it?
Look at the lights, the clouds and the flashes. Compare it with a Real Video from a weather balloon and it looks completely different.
I worked a lot with Photoshop, AfterEffects, 3D Programs and other Video Edeting Software and i think i can tell if something is CGI or real. Those "Earth from Space" Videos that claimed to be real just doesn't look real. They look like Computer Animation. I saw Hollywood Movies with more realisic CGI than that.
I also watched some very old footages, which were even worse. The clouds didn't even move while the globe rotated.
As technology and CGI involves, the earth footages getting better.

It was not out of the blue. I stumbled upon the theory and then i decided to watch the earth videos and see if they look fake or not. I just never questioned it before.

Why do you call me a troll for asking questions about flat earth? I thought that is what this forum is all about.

You've stepped up your trolling. 6/10, could maybe convince mikeman
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 06:58:29 PM »
Being a Mormon, mikeman has proven that he will believe anything.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 07:06:08 PM »
Hi Reffi, welcome to Theflatearthsociety.
 It seems obvious that you see something wrong in the world in general. Flat earth is the grand daddy of the conspiracy theories. If you stay around here and keep investigating, I believe you will come to see the truth of flat earth. Don't let the trolls and shills on here discourage you.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

The Ellimist

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 07:19:18 PM »
Being a Mormon, mikeman has proven that he will believe anything.

I was thinking it had less to do with his religious beliefs and more to do with his asperger's.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 08:39:06 PM »
Hi Reffi, welcome to Theflatearthsociety.
 It seems obvious that you see something wrong in the world in general. Flat earth is the grand daddy of the conspiracy theories. If you stay around here and keep investigating, I believe you will come to see the truth of flat earth. Don't let the trolls and shills on here discourage you.

Thanks hoppy. It's hard to find the good information here in this Forum out of all the spam.
Is there something like a collection of proofs or indications/evidence for a flat earth that you guys have investigated over the years?

Today i checked over 100 individual flight routes on http://www.flightradar24.com and it turned out that most of the routes would't make sense on the standrard map. I compared it to the Flat Earth map and i couldn't find any route that wouldn't make sense on this map. it just blew my mind.
Here is some expamle:
http://www0.xup.to/exec/ximg.php?fid=15375195

On the Standard Map the Routes are curved and weird. Why would you fly like that instead of just fly in a straight line? If you put the Route on the Flat Earth Map you got a pretty straight line in every case i checked.

Also why are there no direct flights from South America to South Africa or from Australia to South Africa? They make fuel stops that wouldnt make any sense on the standard map, but again if you put the routes on the flat earth map, it all perfectly makes sense.

I also found many other interresting things on flight routes, but i am sure most of you know that already.

Is there a Thread where things like that are listed? It would safe me a lot of researching time.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 08:51:42 PM »
Most evidence is spread throughout the forum in different threads.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 09:22:04 PM »

That's unfortunate. I was hoping there is a thread that lists the most important evidence.
Could you send me some links or some key points of the most important evidence, that proves for you that the earth is flat?

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 10:38:34 PM »

That's unfortunate. I was hoping there is a thread that lists the most important evidence.
Could you send me some links or some key points of the most important evidence, that proves for you that the earth is flat?

Actually, what you posted up there makes a lot of sense, as the flat Earth map you're using is actually a projection of the round Earth map. If you use it for the Northern hemisphere, it shows you how the curved distances on a round Earth work!

But the moment you try using it in the southern hemisphere, it goes all wrong:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63534.msg1684432#msg1684432

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 10:48:50 PM »

Actually, what you posted up there makes a lot of sense, as the flat Earth map you're using is actually a projection of the round Earth map. If you use it for the Northern hemisphere, it shows you how the curved distances on a round Earth work!

But the moment you try using it in the southern hemisphere, it goes all wrong:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=63534.msg1684432#msg1684432
Okay, you know I've addressed this before.
You're not using the map properly.
It's all very simple, if you know the basics of how to gauge distance on a map.
Pay attention to the lines of longitude, please.

I am correct.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 11:08:15 PM »
I am a round Earther and I believe that space travel is impossible to fake unless you had literally over 1,000,000 conspirators.  It would be more expensive and harder to fake space travel then it is to actually fly in space.  I can prove it, but I don't have the time right now.  Feel free to PM me so we could discuss it more or we could just discuss it on this thread.  Whatever works for you.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 11:10:02 PM »
I am a round Earther and I believe that space travel is impossible to fake unless you had literally over 1,000,000 conspirators.  It would be more expensive and harder to fake space travel then it is to actually fly in space.  I can prove it, but I don't have the time right now.  Feel free to PM me so we could discuss it more or we could just discuss it on this thread.  Whatever works for you.
Let's talk.
The above post seems sort of redundant.

I am correct.

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 11:41:09 PM »
Okay, you know I've addressed this before.
You're not using the map properly.
It's all very simple, if you know the basics of how to gauge distance on a map.
Pay attention to the lines of longitude, please.

Well yeah, that's what I was saying. Using a flat earth map doesn't work, as he used it in the pic he posted.

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 06:51:33 AM »
Actually i also checked the Routes on the round earth and they are still curved.

Sorry, thats bullshit. You need a Actors, a Film Studio, a Video Editing Team and that's it. It would be easily possible to do this with <50 conspiritors

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 07:01:17 AM »
Sorry, thats bullshit. You need a Actors, a Film Studio, a Video Editing Team and that's it. It would be easily possible to do this with <50 conspiritors

You sound confident,  so, for starters how do they fake the ISS live stream?   Live_ISS_Stream on USTREAM: Live video from the International Space Station includes internal views when the crew is on-duty and Earth views at other times...

Then try and explain how this would be faked.  " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:05:28 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Yendor

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 08:01:44 AM »

You sound confident,  so, for starters how do they fake the ISS live stream?   Live_ISS_Stream on USTREAM: Live video from the International Space Station includes internal views when the crew is on-duty and Earth views at other times...

Then try and explain how this would be faked.  " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

I don't want to get into a big debate over this, I simply want to speak on behalf of my thirty years experience of designing electronics systems for the U.S. government. Watching the video it certainly looks real to the casual observer. But, I want to tell you that no engineer would design any system with the wires and cables hanging and floating all over the place. That is simply not done. Every wire and cable has to be lashed down and secured to special made brackets to hold every thing in place. Designing wire and cable runs is a big challenge. and is very very important. What I see in these videos is no thought at all  went into cable runs. They just let them hang where ever and hope they don't get chafed or broken. Think what you want about space travel, but i can tell you one thing, most videos of ISS and the way they live on board is too hard for me to believe.
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
                              George Orwell

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2015, 08:02:52 AM »

I don't know the ISS live stream. At the moment i just see a dark purple screen on there, so that's nothing speacial.

The Video could be faked just by using greenscreens. Maybe recording underwater to simulate the nongravity effect.
I just say it is not impossible to fake this and you won't need a million people to do so. Star Wars Movies do also look real, don't they?
Give me a fake ISS Station, a huge Studio with greenscreens, 3 Actors, a Video editing team of 5 people and a month time and i could give you a similar 1 hour long footage.
To be honest, this Video looks pretty good though, but that doesn't mean it isn't fake.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2015, 08:14:52 AM »

I don't want to get into a big debate over this, I simply want to speak on behalf of my thirty years experience of designing electronics systems for the U.S. government. Watching the video it certainly looks real to the casual observer. But, I want to tell you that no engineer would design any system with the wires and cables hanging and floating all over the place. That is simply not done. Every wire and cable has to be lashed down and secured to special made brackets to hold every thing in place. Designing wire and cable runs is a big challenge. and is very very important. What I see in these videos is no thought at all  went into cable runs. They just let them hang where ever and hope they don't get chafed or broken. Think what you want about space travel, but i can tell you one thing, most videos of ISS and the way they live on board is too hard for me to believe.

Agreed,  I don't think it warrants a big debate,  but it does warrant asking someone who knows,  why they don't  tidy up the cabling?   That would be my first thought, rather than just leap to the conclusion that it is somehow faked.   If you look closely at the way satellites are constructed,  everything wire and connector is routed just so, and laced into the spacecraft frame with radiation shielding ( that gold foil stuff they use )   I've done my share of electrical/electronic systems,  including work for the Australian Navy  and I see exactly what you mean.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 08:17:21 AM »
I don't know the ISS live stream. At the moment i just see a dark purple screen on there, so that's nothing speacial.

He he,   night time would be easy to fake.  ;D    It's daylight now, and it's  somewhere over the USA.

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2015, 08:31:54 AM »

He he,   night time would be easy to fake.  ;D    It's daylight now, and it's  somewhere over the USA.

I watched it now. Could be faked using two layers.
The first layer eould be an endless animation of the ISS with a spinning antenna and maybe some shadow changing if they did it good.
The second layer would be a CGI Animation of the Earth.
Second layer is movin, first isn't.
Add some Effects to make it look more realistic and there you go.

That's just my thoughts. It is definitely not impossible to fake it. I could even fake this by myself if i had the time.

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2015, 11:04:51 AM »
Actually i also checked the Routes on the round earth and they are still curved.

Well yeah, aeroplanes have routes so that they don't collide into each other. Did you read the thread I gave you? It shows how the flat earth map on the wiki (the one you used) is wrong.

legion

• You are in my VR
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2015, 01:14:29 PM »

Great post.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2015, 01:53:07 PM »

Well yeah, aeroplanes have routes so that they don't collide into each other. Did you read the thread I gave you? It shows how the flat earth map on the wiki (the one you used) is wrong.
No it doesn't.
I also like how my first response to this thread was completely ignored.

I am correct.