Moderators and Flat Earther Bias

• 23 Replies

ausGeoff

Moderators and Flat Earther Bias
« on: May 11, 2015, 08:01:53 AM »
I note that after being banned for a couple of weeks for allegedly breaching the Q&A forum rules that the moderators are still showing favouritism to the flat earth members of the forum, and allowing inappropriate posts in that forum to pass unremarked upon, or to even elicit a warning.

For example, flat earther charles bloomington posted this comment in the Q&A topic Please Define AETHER
Well how dumbed down a level do you want it at?  Maybe you should have spent more time learning about things that "matter" & less time on your deluded level of intelligence.  Supported by nothing more then a hotchpotch of different language drivel thrown together. I personally find people that don't resort to every day bastardisation of the  English language nothing more then dramatized anal retentive moronic bores.  Shall I be placing you in that category?

Meanwhile, an (apparent) round earther ZennerOne posted this comment: 
I thank you for yet ANOTHER non-response to my comments.  Is there any reason in particular that you invariably avoid posting meaningful responses to my comments - as well as the comments of others?  You seem repeatedly to fall back on veiled insults, and empty rhetoric.  And I note that you still have not defined aether in any terms relevant to accepted science.  You keep bleating that aether "just is" without ever identifying its essential qualities.  The closest you have come is to claim that aether = air = space (I think LOL) which is of course nonsensical.

The first comment is totally off-topic, irrelevant to the OP question, and nothing more than an ad hominem attack laced with offensive language.

The second comment is at least loosely on topic and has relevance to the OP question (see bolding).

Which member receives the warning and a threat of banning?  Wow..... who would've guessed?  The round earther of course.  I'd appreciate it if a moderator could clarify this obvious discrimination against the round earther and/or the favouring of the flat earther as demonstrated clearly in these examples.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: Moderators and Flat Earther Bias
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 08:27:00 AM »
I can't wait for the merger where all the mods will become regular users.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 11:03:32 AM »
Oh my God! Round Earthers get discriminated at the Flat Earth Society! That's like atheists being booed at a creationist meeting! It's a shame!

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 12:31:08 PM »
I'm gone when the merger comes. I will relinquish my name and bid farewell. I'll have to do it before it's done for me.  ;D

Why wait?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 02:22:11 PM »
I can't wait for the merger where all the mods will become regular users.

Who are you referring to? I was under the impression that all mods would retain their moderator status after the merger.

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 07:10:44 PM »
I note that after being banned for a couple of weeks for allegedly breaching the Q&A forum rules that the moderators are still showing favouritism to the flat earth members of the forum, and allowing inappropriate posts in that forum to pass unremarked upon, or to even elicit a warning.

For example, flat earther charles bloomington posted this comment in the Q&A topic Please Define AETHER
Well how dumbed down a level do you want it at?  Maybe you should have spent more time learning about things that "matter" & less time on your deluded level of intelligence.  Supported by nothing more then a hotchpotch of different language drivel thrown together. I personally find people that don't resort to every day bastardisation of the  English language nothing more then dramatized anal retentive moronic bores.  Shall I be placing you in that category?

Meanwhile, an (apparent) round earther ZennerOne posted this comment: 
I thank you for yet ANOTHER non-response to my comments.  Is there any reason in particular that you invariably avoid posting meaningful responses to my comments - as well as the comments of others?  You seem repeatedly to fall back on veiled insults, and empty rhetoric.  And I note that you still have not defined aether in any terms relevant to accepted science.  You keep bleating that aether "just is" without ever identifying its essential qualities.  The closest you have come is to claim that aether = air = space (I think LOL) which is of course nonsensical.

The first comment is totally off-topic, irrelevant to the OP question, and nothing more than an ad hominem attack laced with offensive language.

The second comment is at least loosely on topic and has relevance to the OP question (see bolding).

Which member receives the warning and a threat of banning?  Wow..... who would've guessed?  The round earther of course.  I'd appreciate it if a moderator could clarify this obvious discrimination against the round earther and/or the favouring of the flat earther as demonstrated clearly in these examples.
I think you're misunderstanding what the Q&A forum is for.
It's there so people can ask flat Earth questions, and get flat Earth answers.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 09:31:17 PM »

Yeah, but I don't think Charles' insults are a flat earth answer. If I would have written the exact same message, I would have been banned.

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 11:07:00 PM »
I'm sorry but I side with the flat earthers on this one. It's kind of like being a feminist. You gotta empower the underdog and sometimes that means taking down a few top dogs unfairly. Can you imagine how different things would be with the people you know if you believed the world was flat and pretty much everyone is in on a conspiracy? Your circle of friends would be much flatter. Things aren't easy for flat earthers out IRL. if you got banned, that's too bad, you had to spend it out in the real world with people you enjoy and things you understand. For flat earthers this is sometimes the only place where people get them.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 06:16:07 AM »
I'm sorry but I side with the flat earthers on this one. It's kind of like being a feminist. You gotta empower the underdog and sometimes that means taking down a few top dogs unfairly. Can you imagine how different things would be with the people you know if you believed the world was flat and pretty much everyone is in on a conspiracy? Your circle of friends would be much flatter. Things aren't easy for flat earthers out IRL. if you got banned, that's too bad, you had to spend it out in the real world with people you enjoy and things you understand. For flat earthers this is sometimes the only place where people get them.

That is... wow.... so true.

You're right. We should leave the Q&A section alone. It's all they have.

ausGeoff

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 07:31:39 AM »

Nope; not at all.

ZennerOne asked a perfectly legitimate FE question—about "aether", which is solely an FE notion.  FE charles bloomington not only failed to respond with an FE answer, but responded in a manner that would've seen a round earther reprimanded and/or banned temporarily.  In fact Charles's "answer" wasn't even an answer—it was just an inflammatory personal attack.

I also note that no moderator has bothered to address my original question.  Why not?  Because they're unable to fabricate any defense of the indefensible,  IE blatant flat earth favouritism intended to silence any/all RE naysayers who might raise a viable scientific point that opposes their FE position.

::)

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 08:25:00 AM »
I'm gone when the merger comes. I will relinquish my name and bid farewell. I'll have to do it before it's done for me.

Then the merger can't come soon enough!
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 08:31:51 AM »

Nope; not at all.

ZennerOne asked a perfectly legitimate FE question—about "aether", which is solely an FE notion.  FE charles bloomington not only failed to respond with an FE answer, but responded in a manner that would've seen a round earther reprimanded and/or banned temporarily.  In fact Charles's "answer" wasn't even an answer—it was just an inflammatory personal attack.

I also note that no moderator has bothered to address my original question.  Why not?  Because they're unable to fabricate any defense of the indefensible,  IE blatant flat earth favouritism intended to silence any/all RE naysayers who might raise a viable scientific point that opposes their FE position.

The point is that FE opposition is not meant to be in the FE Q & A forum.  Is it equitable?  No.  Are REers entitled to protection under some universal declaration of human rights?  No.  It is their sand box, and their rules.  If you don't like it, then go elsewhere.  It is very, very simple.  Very simple.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 09:26:30 AM »
I'm gone when the merger comes. I will relinquish my name and bid farewell. I'll have to do it before it's done for me.

Then the merger can't come soon enough!
I agree.

ausGeoff

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 09:27:14 AM »
The point is that FE opposition is not meant to be in the FE Q & A forum.

Uh... there was no FE "opposition" in the OP's question about aether;  it was by any test a legitimate FE question—and one which deserved an answer from a flat earther.  So far, no flat earther has provided a sensible answer;  why not?

Are REers entitled to protection under some universal declaration of human rights?  No.  It is their sand box, and their rules.  If you don't like it, then go elsewhere.

I thank you for at least admitting that the flat earth moderators do in fact play by their own rules, and penalise round earthers unfairly.  On every other forum of the many I'm a member of, moderation is taken seriously, and the forum rules adhered to strictly regardless of who's posting.  As such their moderation is absolutely impartial, and seen to be so.

And you may not realise it, but this sort of slack, virtually non-existent "moderation" is one of the primary reasons why most people in the real world with an interest in science laugh at this forum and most of its members.  Unless the two FE forums combine, this one will eventually wither and die.  Maybe it deserves to?

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 05:15:19 PM »
I seriously doubt moderation is what makes the public at large laugh at the Flat Earth Society.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 03:28:59 AM »
Q&A is a forum that has no reason whatsoever to exist, since it's intended as a replacement for FAQs and actual sources of information for FE. Since everyone and its mother has an opinion, such a forum is required. Therefore, while I think banning someone for that reason might be overdoing it, warns and deletions are fair game. I would also delete and warn FE posters posting information there (so they wont get debate), but Im not a mod.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 01:23:12 PM »
If you don't like it, then go elsewhere. 
Or at least be amusing whilst you whine.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 03:03:01 PM »

Nope; not at all.

If there is no answer you are happy with (or no answer at all) then you should bring the topic to general where you can debate it.

IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND??
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 03:52:28 PM »
If you don't like it, then go elsewhere. 
Or at least be amusing whilst you whine.

Aren't you the optimist?

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 04:04:42 AM »

Nope; not at all.

If there is no answer you are happy with (or no answer at all) then you should bring the topic to general where you can debate it.

IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND??
Shouldn't he, I dunno, move it to debate if he wants to debate?

Actually, instead of giving warnings, shouldn't the mods just move an entire unruly thread to debate?
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2015, 04:18:02 PM »
The problem with that idea is that the person who is given a burden when a poster ignores the rules is put on the moderator. That does not seem just or sensical. Clearly the poster is the one who should take responsibility for their posts.

ausGeoff

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 03:50:10 AM »
I seriously doubt moderation is what makes the public at large laugh at the Flat Earth Society.

True.  The public at large—or the educated majority that is—laugh at the Flat Earth Society members because they're all apparently delusional and have absolutely zero knowledge of 21st-century science.  Most of these forums read like Goon Show scripts LOL.

;D

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 02:01:31 PM »

True.  The public at large—or the educated majority that is—laugh at the Flat Earth Society members because they're all apparently delusional and have absolutely zero knowledge of 21st-century science.  Most of these forums read like Goon Show scripts LOL.

;D

Please keep this out of the upper fora.  Thanks.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2015, 02:06:52 PM »

;D

Please keep this out of the upper fora.  Thanks.

I would have to agree with Rama Set and ausGeoff. I don't have too much experience on many websites, but those I do get on usually have intelligent threads and admittedly no debates, but this website is the most atrocious with all the insults, vulgar and profane language that you don't see on the other websites.

This is just my opinion.

Also, I often wonder if there are really any persons on this website who really believe in a flat earth or if this website is just sort of a game as to who and how can think of the most ridiculous, insane and inane ideas . I am just assuming that most of the contributors to this website are reasonably intelligent and experienced enough to set up a computer in the first place and also intelligent and experienced enough to know how to search for interesting websites such as this one. I really can't see why anyone like that would even "believe in a 'flat earth'". Of course , just for the sake of this website, they are never going  to post anything like that.

I also think if you asked the general public they would say they wouldn't even take this website seriously.

Just another of my "IMHO"'s. LOL. However there is quite a bit of information on this website for information and facts. But it all comes from the "Round Earthers".
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:11:39 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !