The GPS

• 54 Replies
The GPS
« on: May 09, 2015, 09:26:30 PM »
Do any flat earthers have a theory of how the GPS works?

Re: The GPS
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 11:23:54 PM »
Search the internet for gobal  positioning  "system" maps . They exist just hard to uncover .
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 11:40:51 PM »

They say that satellites are fake, and that there are some ground GPS signal emitters.

Doesn't really explain why GPS works in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, though...

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 12:29:39 AM »
Well today students of the school of dumb ass. We have a guest speaker . Charles bloomington from the school of hard knocks, who graduated from the  bulestone collage of knowledge .
Know class lets look at the more  plausible . A multiple arangment of signals transmitted from fixed  & signals bounced off the ionosphere or an object circling the earth. That you would have to wait 23......hr to have it pass over you again for the next brief passing .Not only would that object have to receive the signal & its data but transmission  data back ,as well as transmission its location. Satellites are Hollywood made up nonsence.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

Mikey T.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 12:49:52 AM »
charles, insults will get you in trouble again.  Retype that.

Also wrong frequency band for atmospheric bounce.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 12:59:34 AM »
Also, he didn't account for satellites in geosynchronous orbits.

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 01:00:27 AM »
charles, insults will get you in trouble again.  Retype that.

Also wrong frequency band for atmospheric bounce.
ooooooow  please stop your scaring me.
http://www.eoearth.org/view/article/162262/

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2015, 01:32:24 AM »
wrong frequency band for atmospheric bounce.

Prior to the introduction of Very High Frequency air band radio in NZ you could be flying next to a glider over the north island and have to relay via a station in the south island to communicate with somebody you could almost lip read with.

It seems like progress that communications are better but unfortunately, now we have line of sight VHF, you can have landed in a valley only kilometers from base, and nobody can hear you until you get out the cell phone and somebody over at the club house eventually answers the clubs landline!   ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 01:36:32 AM by Aliveandkicking »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 06:47:32 AM »
The GPS frequencies are pretty much line of sight propagation only.  Any multipath distortion would make the signals useless.    They operate on 1.5Ghz and 1.2Ghz  and you need to have uninterrupted line of sight to multiple transmitters to triangulate the position.   So trying to send gps signals from land based towers would require tens of thousands of transmitters around the globe.  I have used a GPS on an aircraft flying over the middle of the pacific and it works just fine.   I have built and operated amateur radio gear on 1296 Mhz and with 3 meter diameter dishes worked over distances of  100 km.   Knife edge diffraction and atmospheric ducting work on 1296 Mhz as well as VHF UHF frequencies,  but those propagation modes won't work with gps because of the timing distortion that would introduce.

There are systems that used a land based correction system called Differential GPS,  these systems use a  transmitter at a known location co-ordinates to apply a correction factor to the GPS signal to get greater accuracy.  The system is used in agriculture to steer machinery for sub centimeter crop sowing,  they can sow between rows placed just a few centimeters apart.
Look up RTK GPS Transmitters http://gpsworld.com/centimeter-level-rtk-accuracy-more-and-more-available-for-less-and-less/

So in summary.
1. GPS must be direct line of sight to multiple transmitters at the same time.
2. GPS works in the middle of the pacific.
3. DGPS only applies a correction factor to the basic system.

The conclusion is that GPS requires satellites in orbit.  It cannot be land based.

There have been other land based positioning systems like LoranC and others, but GPS has pretty much superceded them.
More on LoranC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loran-C

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:55:12 AM by Rayzor »
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 07:15:21 AM »
The GPS frequencies are pretty much line of sight propagation only.  Any multipath distortion would make the signals useless.    They operate on 1.5Ghz and 1.2Ghz  and you need to have uninterrupted line of sight to multiple transmitters to triangulate the position.   So trying to send gps signals from land based towers would require tens of thousands of transmitters around the globe.  I have used a GPS on an aircraft flying over the middle of the pacific and it works just fine.   I have built and operated amateur radio gear on 1296 Mhz and with 3 meter diameter dishes worked over distances of  100 km.   Knife edge diffraction and atmospheric ducting work on 1296 Mhz as well as VHF UHF frequencies,  but those propagation modes won't work with gps because of the timing distortion that would introduce.

There are systems that used a land based correction system called Differential GPS,  these systems use a  transmitter at a known location co-ordinates to apply a correction factor to the GPS signal to get greater accuracy.  The system is used in agriculture to steer machinery for sub centimeter crop sowing,  they can sow between rows placed just a few centimeters apart.
Look up RTK GPS Transmitters http://gpsworld.com/centimeter-level-rtk-accuracy-more-and-more-available-for-less-and-less/

So in summary.
1. GPS must be direct line of sight to multiple transmitters at the same time.
2. GPS works in the middle of the pacific.
3. DGPS only applies a correction factor to the basic system.

The conclusion is that GPS requires satellites in orbit.  It cannot be land based.

There have been other land based positioning systems like LoranC and others, but GPS has pretty much superceded them.
More on LoranC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loran-C
You are such a lying sack of shit .

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 07:21:00 AM »

No arguments for your claim. Rejected.

NEXT

?

BJ1234

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2015, 07:22:34 AM »
Well today students of the school of dumb ass. We have a guest speaker . Charles bloomington from the school of hard knocks, who graduated from the  bulestone collage of knowledge .
Know class lets look at the more  plausible . A multiple arangment of signals transmitted from fixed  & signals bounced off the ionosphere or an object circling the earth. That you would have to wait 23......hr to have it pass over you again for the next brief passing .Not only would that object have to receive the signal & its data but transmission  data back ,as well as transmission its location. Satellites are Hollywood made up nonsence.
Just spreading the lie that They are telling you again huh?  How much are they paying you shill?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2015, 07:23:57 AM »

Thanks,   that tells me everything I need to know about you.

Techros

• Destroyer of Flat Worlds
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 08:01:07 AM »

Were these "hard knocks" to the head by any chance? That would explain both your atrocious spelling and the fact that you're a flat-earther.
FEH is like tying rubber ducks to your car to go across the pacific: it might work, but why not take a better way?

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 08:03:25 AM »
Just spreading the lie that They are telling you again huh?  How much are they paying you shill?
Well obviously not enough if I have to put up with your agenda 21 BS.
How  do you get a line of sight signal to travel further then its 33km capability  with out relay towers that would cost trillions to build? Well I guess  you would dump a heap crap in the atmosphere & charge the particals regularly so the signal would carry a lot  further.
Call it  being sustainable.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 08:07:35 AM »
Were these "hard knocks" to the head by any chance? That would explain both your atrocious spelling and the fact that you're a flat-earther.

Nope, I got him sussed,  bluestone college is prison,  so he's an ex-con  the way he writes indicates brain damage,  the sort that heavy dope users get,  paranoid delusional also fits his druggy profile.

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 08:21:22 AM »

Nope, I got him sussed,  bluestone college is prison,  so he's an ex-con  the way he writes indicates brain damage,  the sort that heavy dope users get,  paranoid delusional also fits his druggy profile.
I dont remember contracting with you to write  my biography ?  :D

?

BJ1234

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2015, 08:49:48 AM »
How  do you get a line of sight signal to travel further then its 33km capability  with out relay towers that would cost trillions to build? Well I guess  you would dump a heap crap in the atmosphere & charge the particals regularly so the signal would carry a lot  further.
Just how a shill would respond.  Bringing up things not even being talked about. And why should I believe that you aren't getting paid when you are being paid to lie about things such as the existence of Australia and obviously how much you are getting paid.

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2015, 09:26:14 AM »
Just how a shill would respond.  Bringing up things not even being talked about. And why should I believe that you aren't getting paid when you are being paid to lie about things such as the existence of Australia and obviously how much you are getting paid.
The way your stalking me , I starting to get  an uneasy feeling  your going to ask if you could  bear my children next . ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:28:45 AM by charles bloomington »

?

BJ1234

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2015, 09:33:10 AM »
The way your stalking me , I starting to get  an uneasy feeling  your going to ask if you could  bear my children next . ;D
Nope, not stalking, just trying to spread the truth.  It seems that you are unwilling, or unable, to grasp the importance of what I have explained to you.  You are either an unintelligent sheeple, believing what you are told, or a paid shill, purposely spreading The Lies.  If you are the former, I am trying to help you, if you are the latter, I am just exposing you for what you are.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 10:21:04 AM »
it's because it's a line of sight signal.  Duh.  A line of sight signal doesn't need any relays because it's line of sight.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 10:29:09 AM »
bluestone college is prison,  so he's an ex-con  the way he writes indicates brain damage,  the sort that heavy dope users get,  paranoid delusional also fits his druggy profile.

Bluestone college is a Melbourne prison though.   Can he really be from Australia and not realise the sun is overhead in all areas north of Exmouth WA to Rockhampton Queensland at least one time per year?    He might not be that thick.  It could be part of the troll personality he has built. 

?

BJ1234

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 10:39:03 AM »
bluestone college is prison,  so he's an ex-con  the way he writes indicates brain damage,  the sort that heavy dope users get,  paranoid delusional also fits his druggy profile.

Bluestone college is a Melbourne prison though.   Can he really be from Australia and not realise the sun is overhead in all areas north of Exmouth WA to Rockhampton Queensland at least one time per year?    He might not be that thick.  It could be part of the troll personality he has built.
He just either thinks he is from Australia, because that is what he has been told, or he is pretending to be because that is what pays his bills.  He is either mistaken, or a shill.  Either way, he can't be trusted.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 07:25:30 PM »
it's because it's a line of sight signal.  Duh.  A line of sight signal doesn't need any relays because it's line of sight.

Actually, a line of sight signal does need relays if the receiver is not in the line of sight.  To use your own words, Duh. 

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2015, 07:46:05 PM »
Actually, a line of sight signal does need relays if the receiver is not in the line of sight.  To use your own words, Duh.

True for some things like voice or data,  but not true for GPS,  GPS relies on the precise time difference of signals from different transmitters to triangulate the reciever position.  So GPS will ONLY work when there is a direct line of sight between transmitters and receivers.    GPS won't work through a relay.

The GPS system would not work without satellites.

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2015, 11:46:58 PM »

True for some things like voice or data,  but not true for GPS,  GPS relies on the precise time difference of signals from different transmitters to triangulate the reciever position.  So GPS will ONLY work when there is a direct line of sight between transmitters and receivers.    GPS won't work through a relay.

You know can  you things make up your mind . Your satalite is either fix stationary or wizzing around earth at 25,200 kmh. So which is it ?

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2015, 12:04:01 AM »

He just either thinks he is from Australia, because that is what he has been told, or he is pretending to be because that is what pays his bills.  He is either mistaken, or a shill.  Either way, he can't be trusted.
WTF!!!! & you have the cheek to refer to me as being a paranoid  delusional crazzy  criminal Lol

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2015, 02:05:10 AM »

You know can  you things make up your mind . Your satalite is either fix stationary or wizzing around earth at 25,200 kmh. So which is it ?

1.The satellite is whizzing around in a circle.

2.  The surface of the earth is whizzing around in a circle.

Therefore:

3. The whizzing satellite appears to be stationary when viewed from the whizzing earth

But thinking about it later.  You know that already.  It is just another one of your stupidly moronic mind fucks.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:10:10 AM by Aliveandkicking »

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2015, 03:53:53 AM »
WTF!!!! & you have the cheek to refer to me as being a paranoid  delusional crazzy  criminal Lol

ex-crim,  or are you planning to go back.    "paranoid delusional",   your call,    if the shoe fits.